BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> AWARDS SZN • 2024
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Jade
post 11th March 2024, 11:08 AM
Post #21
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

I managed to watch Barbie, The Holdovers, Oppenheimer, Past Lives and Poor Things prior to the ceremony (do want to catch up on Anatomy of a Fall and The Zone of Interest at some point too) - totally echo the love for Emma Stone and Da'Vine Joy Randolph‘s wins wub.gif the former owned that lead role and the latter was pitch perfect with both grief-stricken acting and humour as a support.

The Oppenheimer domination was predictable of course but I did enjoy it (even if Poor Things would’ve been my #1 pick, can’t get too greedy though after the Everything Everywhere All At Once success last year x) and there were some great performances there too - it’s wild to me that Tommy Shelby from Peaky Blinders is an Oscar winner now *.* glad that Poor Things got quite a bit of recognition for design/make-up/costumes too as the aesthetics were stunning.

‘What Was I Made For?’ is a beautiful Original Song winner wub.gif and the ‘I’m Just Ken’ performance was a moment, as was this icon:

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 11th March 2024, 11:38 AM
Post #22
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

I never really *got* the Lily Gladstone thing (she was objectively very good but the role was just too small and in the background to win me over fully) so I was happy at the Emma Stone surprise. I love seeing people rack up multiple wins too!

It honestly made me so happy seeing Jessica Lange, Sally Field, Jennifer Lawrence, Lupita etc. up on that stage again. I need them to keep bringing that back every few years. I do miss an Oscars clip but I can watch them on Twitter, haha.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 11th March 2024, 12:25 PM
Post #23
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

Oppenheimer was an obvious choice - great film in it's own merit and one of the rare cases in recent times with box office success & critical success. An easy win for the Academy.

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 11th March 2024, 01:42 PM
Post #24
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

Can't really think of any surprises at all, Oppenheimer was an obvious choice but it was hard to see anything beating it, and long overdue for Christopher Nolan as well, one of the best directors of this generation. Pleased that Poor Things picked up quite a few, including a deserved Best Actress nod for Emma Stone, gonna be tough to beat that for film of the year for me.

The Zone of Interest picking up Sound as well as Foreign Film is totally deserved, a harrowing, beautiful soundtrack and mixing and works so brilliantly well with the context of the film. Wonderful to see recognition for Godzilla Minus One too, showing US Monster movies how it's done *.*

+Quote this post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 07:14 AM