BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Eurovision Song Contest 2016 · Pre-Parties, April 2016 · Riga, Moscow, Amsterdam, Tel-Aviv and London
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Ryan.
post 31st March 2016, 02:47 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 12,608

April is that month where all the entries have been revealed and the semi-final line-ups are usually already decided, but as always Sweden have had to be awkward and not revealed them yet so they may provide a bit of excitement in this month of waiting. However something to keep us occupied is the 2016 Pre-Party season which involves 5 official parties for the first time ever, with Israel's brand new party joining Riga, Moscow, Eurovision In Concert in Amsterdam and the London Eurovision Party. Full calendar is below:

APRIL 2016

02 Eurovision Pre-Party Riga, Latvia
03 Eurovision Pre-Party Moscow, Russia
09 Eurovision In Concert 2016 The Melkweg, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
12 Israel Calling Pre-Party Tel-Aviv, Israel
17 London Eurovision Party London, United Kingdom

This is the place to discuss all the live performances, the first time we see live performances for several of the internally selected entries, and for me to go on about endless interviews that I always watch and who will take over from Marta & Václav and Maraaya as the most hilarious contestants of 2016. Sometimes entries start to get a bit of hype if their performances get received well, maybe this is the moment Poli can pick up some more momentum with her party track that seems made for these events!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
LexC
post 31st March 2016, 03:01 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Attack Dog/Sass Queen
User: 5,342

Interesting that none of the top three on the betting at this point (Sweden, Russia and Australia) are doing the preview party circuit but pretty much all of the 'chasing pack' are doing them (the likes of Latvia, Ukraine, Bulgaria, Iceland, France, Spain(who I think is the only one doing absolutely all of them)) so I guess if somebody's going to make a mid season surge up the betting it'll be one of them.

+Quote this post
AdamAloud
post 31st March 2016, 03:28 PM
Post #3
Group icon
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
User: 11,955

The only countries not doing at least one preview party are:

Australia, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, San Marino, Sweden.

I believe last year the 7 DNQs from semi 2 didn't participate in the Amsterdam preview party whilst the 10 qualifiers did so these preview shows are certainly worth doing. (Unless your act is called 'Electro Velvet')

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 31st March 2016, 03:53 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

I'm most surprised about Belgium not even doing the Amsterdam Concert seeing as it is only next door, although saying that I can't remember Loic visiting any parties either so maybe I shouldn't be surprised!

Indeed Barei is the only one doing all 5, hopefully she doesn't do an Anggun with all of this promo! kink.gif

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 2nd April 2016, 01:58 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

I've had a watch of all the ESC Kaz interviews so far from Riga and everyone speaks English so well, even IVAN which is surprising considering Belarusian entries usually use translators a lot in past years. Everyone is very lovely as always, highlights being Barei slating the sound in the TVE studios in her national final, Justs throwing a little shady comment towards IVAN's rumoured stage show, Ira singing a bit of 'Walk On Water' and the song really does suit her voice - I thought she may struggle with it but it really works with her tone. Also Juri finding out about the Baltic Boys videos that are on the Internet was funny and Hovi is hilarious too, especially regarding his love of London and how he's been trying to force his manager to make the London party part of his promo tour.

But my favourite interview was with Sanja who is perhaps even more fabulous than Bojana in the personality stakes!

The final five seconds of this video below sum up why Sanja is so fabulous!

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 2nd April 2016, 05:48 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

IVAN's favourite entry is What's The Pressure, what good taste he has!

Anyway Latvian TV are proving to be amazing yet again and are providing a live stream of the pre-party concert which is happening now! Rykka is currently singing 'Movies' and you can follow the stream by clicking here.

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 8th April 2016, 04:17 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116

The London Eurovision party is looking so good! Think all of the favourites and best songs apart from Russia are set to go! (And Selma as a special guest <3)

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 9th April 2016, 01:26 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Fantastic interview with Amir here on location in Amsterdam, I think William asked him no more than 15 seconds of questions and Amir just tells his stories so wonderfully! He talks about how the song was made, how it ended up in Eurovision and his back story, such a lovely interview and he deserves to do so well!

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 9th April 2016, 11:45 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Haven't seen all the performances yet but Iceland got the biggest reaction of the 15 or so I have seen, apparently Austria also got a big reaction but haven't seen that performance yet. Biggest surprise so far for me though is Bosnia & Herzegovina, the 4 of them (particularly Dalal, Deen and Ana) have wonderful chemistry and it comes across fantastically live. I already gave them a better prediction than previously thanks to the running order, but I think they will contend for top 5 in the semi based on what I've seen here!

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 11th April 2016, 02:33 PM
Post #10
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674

OMG at Frans doing London. Suddenly considering buying a ticket.

For the VIP meet & greet and photo opportunity, does anyone know if you get to choose which Eurovision act you have it with? kink.gif

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 12th April 2016, 05:56 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Israel's pre-party is about to commence and it is streaming live below!

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 13th April 2016, 05:11 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

The class of 2016 are so loveable, I don't think I can remember such a close group of contestants as these guys! Love this picture from Tel Aviv:

Iconic:

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 13th April 2016, 06:57 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Ira singing 7th Wonder 14 years on!

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 17th April 2016, 04:20 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

A few of you may have seen Eneda's "shade" towards Wiwibloggs at Israel the other day due to Wiwi's very negative reaction video to Fairytale...

Well they have reunited in a very funny video this afternoon in London!

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 17th April 2016, 08:27 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Courtesy of ESC Forum:

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 17th April 2016, 10:25 PM
Post #16
Group icon
Hello?

The London party was amazing.

My favourite performances were Austria (Zoe got by far the biggest reaction too, which completely overwhelmed her, she's incredibly sweet), Iceland (Greta is so striking and has a great stage presence, the song comes across brilliantly live), France, Bulgaria (these two are so bubbly and fun and did an acapella duet of the choruses of each of their entries together), UK and Macedonia (Kaliopi is great, such a fantastic character and unique voice).

Barei didn't come across on the stage as well as I'd hoped and Frans looked a little lost, but the subtlety will obviously work far better on the Eurovision stage, especially with the backdrop, than in a small club. Ira Losco came across as a bit clinical and phoned in...I can't see her finishing top ten as she doesn't seem to connect to the song that well live.

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 18th April 2016, 12:10 AM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Glad you enjoyed it, have been watching some performances on YouTube and it seemed a great atmosphere as always! Haven't seen Austria and France yet but Bulgaria certainly got a great reaction in the video!

Regarding Ira it is interesting to note she has been performing in the Czech Republic and Armenia in the past few days in addition to doing every pre-party except Israel so she may be a bit tired by now. Hopefully having two weeks off now will mean she's back on her best form for Stockholm rehearsals although considering the massive budget Malta are putting into everything this year, I wouldn't be surprised if they keep flying her all around Europe until the last possible minute!

+Quote this post
p a v
post 18th April 2016, 05:37 AM
Post #18
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

It seems the budget is bigger than their gdp oops. Oh well, it's all probably worth it

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 18th April 2016, 09:13 AM
Post #19
Group icon
Hello?

QUOTE(Ryan. @ Apr 18 2016, 01:10 AM) *
Glad you enjoyed it, have been watching some performances on YouTube and it seemed a great atmosphere as always! Haven't seen Austria and France yet but Bulgaria certainly got a great reaction in the video!

Regarding Ira it is interesting to note she has been performing in the Czech Republic and Armenia in the past few days in addition to doing every pre-party except Israel so she may be a bit tired by now. Hopefully having two weeks off now will mean she's back on her best form for Stockholm rehearsals although considering the massive budget Malta are putting into everything this year, I wouldn't be surprised if they keep flying her all around Europe until the last possible minute!

Yeah Poli went down a storm, she's brilliant, I really hope If Love Was A Crime can finish top ten somehow.

Yes quite possibly, I think it's because she was surrounded by big personalities all evening so her slightly more 'turn up and get the job done' approach was in contrast to most of the others who genuinely seemed excited, even overwhelmed, to be there. But I guess she's a seasoned professional so singing to excitable crowds is nothing new to Ira. She did a little chorus of 7th Wonder with JESC winner Destiny (who also sang Listen by Beyonce, she has a phenomenal voice for someone so young), but like in the video above, said she was singing it in 'the least cheesy way possible' laugh.gif Personally I think the crowd wouldn't have minded hearing the most cheesy version possible, but I get she's a much more credible act in Malta these days!

I forgot to add, Justs from Latvia was brilliant too, wouldn't be at all surprised to see them in the top ten again. Aminata was also there and I kept thinking how Radio 1 friendly Love Injected still is. Seriously, if it was a single by FKA Twigs it would have been in heavy rotation...

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 21st April 2016, 12:35 AM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Looks like Malta's never-ending budget for this Eurovision campaign is still never-ending as they have announced a last-minute preview party of their own which will take place on Saturday and features Ira, Amber and Destiny and then Israel's Hovi Star, Serbia's Sanja Vučić ZAA (love the fact those two are going to be back together! wub.gif) and Czech Republic's Gabriela Gunčíková who will be performing 'I Stand' for the first ever time live I think! All of them will be on Malta's top talk show the evening before also, and Azerbaijan's Samra will be joining them for that.

I do hope Malta get a good result with Walk On Water. They always put it massive effort, but they've gone above and beyond this year for Ira!

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 04:59 AM