BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Run The Jewels - RTJ4, Out now for free!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
LewisGT
post 14th May 2020, 12:46 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 18,293

The 4th album from the critically acclaimed duo, Killer Mike & El-P is coming next month.

Ooh LA LA & Yankee And The Brave (ep.4) are already out. Neither have fully hit me yet but I'm excited for the album.

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Cremey
post 14th May 2020, 03:43 PM
Post #2
Group icon
on a bench in coney island
User: 4,089

Same, neither have really hit me yet either but looking forward to the album as they're yet to disappoint.

+Quote this post
Doctor Blind
post 14th May 2020, 04:29 PM
Post #3
Group icon
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
User: 7,561

Oh, I really like “Yankee And The Brave (Ep.4)” and “Ooh LA LA” has been growing on me due to its near on repeat rotation on 6Music lately. Looking forward to hearing the full LP for sure!

+Quote this post
Brer
post 14th May 2020, 04:50 PM
Post #4
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

These first two songs are definitely not their best (I did like 'yankee and the brave (ep. 4)' and seems like it'll make a pretty good opening track but found 'ooh la la' a little overly repetitive), I will probably still check out the album though.

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post 15th May 2020, 12:14 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Only a day after I posted this and Ooh LA LA has really grown on me today. Maybe not their best but still a big tune.

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post 3rd June 2020, 06:52 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471

Released early!

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post 3rd June 2020, 08:31 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

ALBUM OF THE YEAR!

This album has honestly took my breath away. Download it on their website while it's still free. The most creative, original and, at times, angry album I've heard in a long time. Every track sounds different to the last and there are plenty of times where Killer Mike builds up from his speech that went viral yesterday with some hard-hitting truths about the current situation, in particular on 'Walking In The Snow' and 'JU$T".

The fist six songs, every song is better than the last. It does lose a little steam after that until the album closer which is another standout moment.

The first time I've ever heard an American artist reference Jimmy S*ville too which I really wasn't expecting.

+Quote this post
Soy Adrián
post 4th June 2020, 01:51 PM
Post #8
Group icon
I'm so lonely, I paid a hobo to spoon with me
User: 10,596

Two listens in and it's really damn good.

Not sure how it will stack up compared to their others (some of the hooks aren't as sticky as those on RTJ3 in particular) but it's a lot of fun and "walking in the snow" and "JU$T" in particular are incendiary.

+Quote this post
p a v
post 9th June 2020, 10:11 AM
Post #9
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

'JU$T'

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

+Quote this post
Brer
post 11th June 2020, 06:52 PM
Post #10
Group icon

The run of 'walking in the snow' / 'JU$T' / 'never look back' is actually FLAWLESS cheeseblock.png Those three songs are head and shoulders above everything else on here for me at the moment but it's a solid album overall, 'yankee and the brave (ep. 4)' has really grown on me and 'holy calamafuck' and 'a few words for the firing squad (radiation)' are strong highlights too. Definitely better than I was expecting from the singles ('ooh la la' is by far the worst song on there, the hook has really become quite annoying with repeated listens).

Maybe one day I'll stop being lazy and listen to their other albums x

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 9th January 2021, 11:05 PM
Post #11
Group icon
User: 13,007

Listened for the first time and really really impressed! 'walking in the snow' was a major highlight - I had goosebumps at that line and learning that it was written before George Floyd's death makes it even more harrowing. A great listen that gets much better in the second half ('a few words for the firing squad' omg) and one I will return to. Need to check out 1, 2 & 3 now I think.

+Quote this post
dhwe
post 11th January 2021, 12:05 AM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 21,384

this didn't really click with me on first listen (a few months back) but was floored by it by the second (last week)! really capturing the spirit of the times

+Quote this post
Brer
post 11th January 2021, 12:09 AM
Post #13
Group icon

I was relistening to this with Bal (and Jade) the other day - really gaining an appreciation for 'pulling the pin' now which is one I didn't go back to at all beyond my first listen of the album for some reason!

The relisten also highlighted even more what I already thought that the 2nd half of this album is vastly better than the first half - I do think 'yankee and the brave (ep. 4)', 'out of sight' and 'holy calamafuck' are good songs but all of the album's best songs come after the turning point of 'walking in the snow'.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 11:17 AM