BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
> -
5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
This thread is locked.Create a new thread
> Friday Chart Predictions (Wed Update + Top 5 Sales), All shiny and brand new, come and get it
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
AcerBen
post Jul 22 2015, 11:50 PM
Post #81
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 3,429
QUOTE(Hassaan @ Jul 22 2015, 09:03 PM) *
Someone spotted his album at the #2 position in a Tesco's yesterday:

Do these feed into the official chart? (Clearly not as it'd have done so by now and #2 would mean it'd practically have to triple its sales in a few days). I can't imagine RCA will be thrilled but it's their own fault for not bothering to promote him - still #10 would be very good under the circumstances. I do generally really like it when X Factor contestants are doing well so they are usually the ones I root for (most occasions).

Supermarket charts are made up.. at least for new releases anyway. They may well have expected him to go in at around #2 though, since other X Factor runners-up have managed to go that high even without a hit single.

This post has been edited by AcerBen: Jul 22 2015, 11:51 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
TomJ1991
post Jul 23 2015, 04:33 PM
Post #82
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 21,101
QUOTE(AcerBen @ Jul 23 2015, 12:50 AM) *
Supermarket charts are made up.. at least for new releases anyway. They may well have expected him to go in at around #2 though, since other X Factor runners-up have managed to go that high even without a hit single.

He wasn't a runner-up, though, he was 3rd. Interestingly, according to a quick Wikipedia search, the most recent 3rd-placed act to reach the top 40 with a debut album were One Direction, way back in 2011...

I wouldn't be surprised if they've put him at #2 to try and shift some copies, frankly. I work in Sainsbury's, and we've had 3 copies on the shelf of our store in the "new release of the week" section; I don't think we've sold any. :/

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Jul 23 2015, 04:44 PM
Post #83
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530
In all fairness, he is the first third-placed act to release a debut album in the first place kink.gif Amelia Lily and Christopher Maloney never released one and Luke Friend's is yet to be released heehee.gif (although that's just minor details and your point still stands)

I don't think Andrea's done too badly anyway, although I think he'd have sold more if he had an album out for Mothers' Day lol.

+Quote this post
T Boy
post Jul 23 2015, 04:51 PM
Post #84
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
User: 177
QUOTE(JosephStyles @ Jul 23 2015, 05:44 PM) *
In all fairness, he is the first third-placed act to release a debut album in the first place kink.gif Amelia Lily and Christopher Maloney never released one and Luke Friend's is yet to be released heehee.gif (although that's just minor details and your point still stands)

I don't think Andrea's done too badly anyway, although I think he'd have sold more if he had an album out for Mothers' Day lol.

I'm stuffed up with hay fever so maybe missing a huge joke but I'm not sure where you're coming from here. One Direction for a start. Also Journey South and Ben Mills but I didn't think you'd miss that first example.

+Quote this post
Heathyheath_
post Jul 23 2015, 04:55 PM
Post #85
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 21,710
I personally think Andrea has done quite well if he manages to hang onto a top ten spot. His first album was never going to be a big chart topper in my opinion but it's done well enough to ensure he does have a career in music. If One Direction are the only third place act to ever release an album he's done amazing to get this far to begin with.

Also I agree it would have been the perfect album for the Mother's Day market, though I guess they risked him just having a covers album ready in time for then

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Jul 23 2015, 04:56 PM
Post #86
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530
QUOTE(T Boy @ Jul 23 2015, 05:51 PM) *
I'm stuffed up with hay fever so maybe missing a huge joke but I'm not sure where you're coming from here. One Direction for a start. Also Journey South and Ben Mills but I didn't think you'd miss that first example.

Sorry, I missed half the sentence out drama.gif I was meant to say "since One Direction" kink.gif

+Quote this post
T Boy
post Jul 23 2015, 04:57 PM
Post #87
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
User: 177
QUOTE(JosephStyles @ Jul 23 2015, 05:56 PM) *
Sorry, I missed half the sentence out drama.gif I was meant to say "since One Direction" kink.gif

Thank goodness, I now know you're not losing the plot.

+Quote this post
TomJ1991
post Jul 23 2015, 04:59 PM
Post #88
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 21,101
QUOTE(JamieGilder @ Jul 23 2015, 12:44 AM) *
Kelly? What's the reasoning behind the album title does anybody know? I can't seem to find anything from Google/Wikipedia. smile.gif

If you searched on YouTube "Andrea Faustini Explains His Alter Ego Kelly", he talked about it very briefly on Loose Women. It's an alter-ego he's made up, apparently!

Haha, fair point about Amelia, Chris and Luke not releasing albums! tongue.gif But even so, out of those 3, only Amelia had any real success with singles. Luke probably could have, but he waited too long, sadly. Similarly, I agree with you completely that Andrea also waited a bit too long - he'd have probably sold twice as much as a Mothers' Day release!

+Quote this post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
This thread is locked.Create a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 01:43 PM