BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Pixar Rate Results, Your only limit is your soul (FINISHED, Results p5 ;o)
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Chez Wombat
post Apr 10 2016, 05:44 PM
Post #1
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

All the results are totted up yay! I should be able to start the character rate results later this evening (probably after this live duos thing), but feel free to speculate until then.

I will still accept any new votes I'm just that desperate before I start though: http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=188486

Here are the results of the last Pixar rankings/rates:

The Least Favourite Pixar Poll last year (never actually confirmed but here's the last poll) heehee.gif)

1st Place: Finding Nemo - 19 votes [47.50%]
2nd Place: Toy Story - 21 votes [52.50%]
3rd Place: Toy Story 3- 16 votes [61.54%]
4th Place: Toy Story 2- 13 votes [46.43%]
5th Place: Monsters Inc- 12 votes [32.43%]
6th Place: Up- 15 votes [53.57%]
7th Place: The Incredibles- 12 votes [50%]
8th Place: A Bugs Life- 11 votes [34.38%]
9th Place: WALL.E- 9 votes [30.00%]
10th Place: Ratatouille- 11 votes [39.29%]
11th Place: Monsters University- 11 Votes [39.29%]
12th Place: Brave- 15 Votes [51.72%]
13th Place: Cars- 9 Votes [40.91%]
14th Place: Cars 2- 18 Votes [60%]

and the last Pixar rate done in 2014:

01. Finding Nemo | 9.9
02. Toy Story | 9.6
03. Toy Story 3 | 9.4
04. Up | 9.2
05. Monster's Inc. | 8.9
06. Toy Story 2 | 8.8
07. WALL-E | 8.7
08. The Incredibles | 8.5
09. A Bug's Life | 7.9
10. Ratatouille | 7.3
11. Monster's University | 7.0
12. Brave | 6.5
13. Cars | 5.2
14. Cars 2 | 4.6

Can Toy Story finally beat Finding Nemo? Can Cars possibly not be the bottom 2 for once? And how will the two new films fare and will the characters results be reflected in this? Find out soon ;o

This post has been edited by Chez Wombat: Jun 5 2016, 08:08 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
lotita
post Apr 10 2016, 05:46 PM
Post #2
Group icon
feminist icon
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,777
Finding Nemo to slay again cheer.gif

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Apr 10 2016, 05:52 PM
Post #3
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692
Excited to see where Inside Out slots in, hopefully top 5 because it's my favourite of the whole selection but it doesn't seem to get as much love as Nemo / Up / Toy Story or even sometimes The Incredibles, Monsters Inc and WALL.E sad.gif

This post has been edited by jsilv: Apr 10 2016, 05:52 PM

+Quote this post
Qween
post Apr 10 2016, 06:13 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709
Anything higher than third last for Brave and I will ban you all.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Apr 10 2016, 06:38 PM
Post #5
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
QUOTE(Qween @ Apr 10 2016, 07:13 PM) *
Anything higher than third last for Brave and I will ban you all.
PLEASE do it! BLEH at THAT.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Apr 10 2016, 08:57 PM
Post #6
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
So excited for this, hope WALL.E and Toy Story 3 do great wub.gif wub.gif

+Quote this post
post Apr 10 2016, 10:29 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
Urgh at Wall E's 7th and 9th placings. At least 6th this time please!

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post Apr 10 2016, 11:11 PM
Post #8
Group icon
We had 43 different characters nominated, impressive given only 8 filled out the vote! I did it so 1st = 20 points down to 10th = 11 Points, there were an awful lot of tiebreaks so I'll get those out the way now.

The Good Dinosaur was the only film to have no characters nominated, poor hens. Also no original characters from Toy Story 3 (I would've discounted Lotso anyway smile.gif) or Cars 2 were nominated but characters from the originals were.

so here we go:

42nd: Princess Atta (A Bugs Life), 11 Points

Votes: 10th (Johnkm)

Princess Atta was the crown princess ant and heir to the throne, who Flik has a crush on and who is a little kinder on Flik than the rest of the colony. I don't honestly remember much about her (thanks Pixar Wiki), but she seemed fairly solid I guess~

=42nd: Fear (Inside Out) 11 Points

Votes: 10th (jsilv)

The lowest of the Inside Out emotions is Fear, which is fair enough as he's sweet, but probably doesn't have as many moments as the other four, plus we never like feeling fear. It's something we always wish to go above.

=39th: Sulley (Monsters Inc./Monsters University)

Votes: 9th (Jonjo)

Probably a bit too low for quite a major character, even if he did come across as a total dick in Monsters University. Sulley is Mike's partner, the brawn to Mike's brains, strong and determined and one of Monstropolis' top scarers, much to the chagrin of Randall. Like many hyper-masculine Pixar characters, Sulley learns the value of friendship and also fatherhood across the arcs of both films as well as strength and became one of the key protectors of Boo.

=39th: Zurg (Toy Story 2)

Votes: 9th (Johnkm)

Buzz Lightyear's arch nemesis and sworn enemy of the Galactic Alliance. His role as a villain is mainly kept to the Buzz Lightyear spin offs, though he plays a minor role as antagonist in Toy Story 2 albeit for about five seconds before it's just a comical Star Wars parody. Still, who doesn't love a good dramatic overlord who shoots plastic balls?

=39th: Merida (Brave)

Votes: 9th (jsilv)

Our first lead protagonist to drop out, also Pixar's first female protagonist, who said this was typical of Buzzjack? Merida is the young daring princess who has a fiery relationship with her mother, the queen, so much so she turns her into a bear. Somewhat marmeet as I can see why as she's a spoiled brat, really hard to decipher and GINGER so burn her etc., but like many Pixar characters, she sees the errors in her ways by the end of the film and you have to give Pixar credit, however flawed it was, for going with a strong female lead.

= 36th: Crush (Finding Nemo)

Votes: 8th (HarryEzra)

Grab shell dude! Crush was the friendly 150 year old sea turtle who transported a passed out Marlin & Dory on the way to Sydney, he also has a generic surfer accent and is the trademark 'cool' and laid back dad that Marlin learns a few things from. Somewhat of a surfer stereotype, he nonetheless is quite memorable for the short time he is on screen.

= 36th: Mr Waternoose (Monsters Inc.)

Votes: 8th (Johnkm)

One of the powerful figures of Monstropolis who comes out as an antagonist when he is revealed to be working alongside Randall, who surprisingly did not pick up any votes, to come up with a brutal new method of extracting scares. He's a brutal and nasty villain for Pixar, wanting to suffocate the screams out of a human child and contemplating mass kidnapping and willing to harm an innocent girl for the sake of his company, he is nonetheless found out and jailed for his time.

= 36th: Anger (Inside Out)

Votes: 8th (Jonjo)

The second highest of the emotions is the loud, abstract Anger, quite brilliantly portrayed in the film in the vein of the mardy 'dad' of the emotions (and indeed is most prevalent in the father) prone to somewhat fiery outbursts.

=34th: Boo (Monsters Inc)

Votes: 7th (Joe)

The 'terrifying' human child of Monsters Inc. who the monsters learn isn't all that terrifying after all. Little is known about her apart from her intense curiosity and fearlessness, Probably the cutest character in Pixar, I'm somewhat surprised she didn't get more votes.

=34th: Slinky Dog (Toy Story series)

Votes: 7th (Ultraviolence1989)

One of Andy's classic toys and the faithful and resourceful companion of the toys, able to spring them out of any situation. One of the most genuine and likeable toys there I'd say.

33rd: Dash (The Incredibles)

Votes: 6th (jsilv)

The boy of the Incredibles who has super speed and uses it for all sorts of mischief, maintaining much of the masculinity and confidence of his father (who did not get a single vote), he's...well he's a kid and he's fast, I can't find an awful lot else to say about him.

= 29th: Flik (A Bug's Life)

Votes: 5th (Joe)

The protagonist of A Bug's Life and misunderstood eccentric of the colony understood by few, before he brings some 'warriors' back who may be able to rid the ants of their grasshopper problem, although there's a few hurdles to fly over to reach that. A quirky, likeable and well rounded protagonist, much like the film itself really, solid.

= 29th: Heimlich (A Bug's Life)

Votes: 5th (Iz)

The only other bug that is a supporting character from that film is next, able to eat almost all the time and a bit fear filled, he is the standard comic relief, but it's hard not to be endeared by him, who doesn't love a hungry caterpillar?

= 29th: Hopper (A Bug's Life)

Votes: 5th (Johnkm)

Oh, they're dropping like flies, or should that be ants? ;o Hopper is the antagonist of A Bug's Life, who makes the ants work to feed their swarm and cares little for them other than potential food if they go wrong, is eaten by a bird in the end. Hardly Pixar's meanest/most notable villain, but you can never trust those grasshoppers.

= 29th: Mater (Cars series)

Votes: 5th (HarryEzra)

And finally, Lightning's buddy and Radiator Springs resident, Mater. The standard 'comic relief' sidekick who befriends Lightning even when the town distrusts him and helps him learn about caring for others, as likeable as he is, I always found him a disappointing Southern stereotype with not much else to give (maybe he's better in the sequel idk).

More tomorrow (well later today) as I need to be in bed now lolz

This post has been edited by Chez Wombat: Apr 10 2016, 11:11 PM

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Apr 14 2016, 02:43 PM
Post #9
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
Shocked Sully is so low, Pixar essential! Adore Slinky-Dog as well, such a cute and great character heart.gif

+Quote this post
Qween
post Apr 14 2016, 04:01 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
Oops, that's like half my list gone already. EDNA MODE FTW.

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post Apr 16 2016, 11:07 PM
Post #11
Group icon
Sorry about this stalling! I...was making it perfect, yeah, let's go with that. Resuming now~

-x-

= 25th: Bruce (Finding Nemo), 17 Points

Votes: Iz (4th)

Bruce is a shark on a fish quitting programme who determines 'fish are friends, not food' who still has his...urges sometimes. Undeniably one of the funniest scenes in the film and masterstroke of a creation.

= 25th: Stinky Pete (Toy Story 2), 17 Points

Votes: Johnkm (4th)

The antagonist of the second Toy Story film and one of the original collectables that Al has along with Jessie and Bullseye, unfortunately, given his unpopular stance as a toy and never being played with or even out of his box, he has become bitter over the years and doesn't take kindly to Woody attempting to rehome them all, and is determined to take the others down with him. I found him a bit of a dick really (though not as much of a dick as Lotso at least :x).

= 25th: Jack Jack (The Incredibles), 17 Points

Votes: HarryEzra (4th)

The baby of the Incredibles family who is out of the spotlight of the film until the final scene, where he shows his impressive shapeshifting skills to both escape from Syndrome and in the additional short film, make a babysitter's life a bit worse. His family are unaware of his powers, hoping he can have a bigger role in the upcoming sequel.

= 25th: Disgust (Inside Out), 17 Points

Votes: Jsilv (4th)

Finishing third of the five Inside Out emotions is Disgust, or envy or just any narcissistic trait, portrayed quite perfectly as a cynical, stuck up school girl-like character, who is nonetheless quite instrumental in the final events of the film. We've all had a feeling of wanting to say something nasty but being afraid saying it, Disgust embodies that.

= 21st: Carl Frederickson (Up), 19 Points

Votes: Iz (2nd)

The main character from Up, and unless I'm forgetting something one of the few animated pensioners to be the lead character. Carl was a young man with high spirits who married his childhood sweetheart, Ellie, but has since become a quite bitter widow, though he still holds the aspiration to fulfill his childhood dream of visiting Paradise Falls, even without Ellie. He goes on to achieve that, but also something more than he bargained for. Quite an excellent and risky lead character for Pixar.

= 21st: Bullseye (Toy Story 2/3), 19 Points

Votes: Ultraviolence1989 (2nd)

Another one of Al's collectables in Toy Story 2 and Jessie and eventually Woody's faithful, silent steed who becomes one of Andy's toys. Taking more of a dog like role than a horse, he doesn't have a massive role but maintains his stance as quite impossible to dislike every time he's on screen.

= 21st: Aliens (Toy Story), 19 Points

Votes: Jonjo (2nd)

Who doesn't love the Aliens? One of the few recurring toys to be featured in all three films, Initially a weird toy cult in a lucky dip that worships a 'claw' that chooses them for the outside world, three of them return in the second film as car air fresheners who take on Mr Potato Head as their saviour and eventually father, and those three also appear in the third film where they finally get to use a real, bigger 'claw' (and relieved a weeping nation watching the film in the process). Oooooooooooh

= 21st: Lightning McQueen (Cars), 19 Points

Votes: Jsilv (2nd)

Despite the flack Cars gets, it's characters do get some support here (well one person at least). Lightning is the film's protagonist and the subsequent big shot race car who is contending for the Piston Cup title before getting lost and trapped in a small suburban town and learning a few things about well...slowing down and appreciating more in life, and then apparently becomes...some spy detective in the second film? idk, anyway like Mater and the film itself, I always thought he was written as a bit of a cliché :'(

-x-

The top 20 all have their own positions (hang on, no still a few ties) and the top 19 received more than one voter so getting into the REAL favourites now ;o

This post has been edited by Chez Wombat: Apr 17 2016, 12:08 AM

+Quote this post
Qween
post Apr 16 2016, 11:42 PM
Post #12
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
Stinky Pete would have been a solid villain if not for the IMMENSE voice work from Kelsey Grammer.

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post Apr 17 2016, 12:07 AM
Post #13
Group icon

20th: Roz (Monsters Inc.), 20 Points

Votes: 1st (Johnkm)

Roz is seemingly the grouchy, sluggish administrator at Monsters Inc. who is not particularly happy when certain monsters don't file their paperwork, she is revealed to have a slightly bigger role that is crucial to how things turn out at the end of the film, she makes a brief cameo in Monsters University 'aaaalways watching'. A quite brilliantly dour character, her impact on the film is quite big given the limited screen time.

19th: Kevin (Up), 23 Points

Votes: 9th (Joe), 10th (Chez Wombat)

First of my votes, a rare bird that is the target of Charles Muntz's hunt and whom joins Carl and Russell on their journey to the Falls, where Russell gives him the name 'Kevin' even though it's revealed later he's actually female, and becoming part of their 'family' so to speak. A loveable, quirky character with big impact despite not saying a single word.

=17th: Violet Parr (The Incredibles), 24 Points

Votes: 8th (Chez Wombat), 10th (Iz)

(Does she have a superhero name?) Violet is the daughter of Bob & Helen Parr and the eldest of the children, her powers are primarily the ability to use forcefields and go invisible. Quiet and curious, a contrast to her younger brothers I kinda see a bit of myself in her (and reminds me a bit of my sister ;o) and I'd love the power to be psychic so yeah she's awesome.

=17th: Dug (Up), 24 Points

Votes: 8th (Joe), 10th (HarryEzra)

One of Muntz's talking dog slaves who is a little bit more loving and curious than his bloodhound brothers and prefers to join Carl, Russel & Kevin than his master and is adopted by Carl & Russell at the end of the film. He's...a dog, and what you'd expect an animated dog to be like.

16th: Elastigirl / Helen Parr (The Incredibles), 29 Points

Votes: 6th (HarryEzra), 7th (jsilv)

Another Incredible comes and this time it's the mother, Helen or Elastigirl under her assumed guise who can stretch to great lengths. Unlike her husband, she is quite content (or should that be flexible basil.gif) with being normal when she has to be and ends up being blissfully unaware of her husband's superhero secret antics, until she finds out, regains her guise and gives Bob a good telling off, before saving his life and reuniting the family (even though she doesn't approve of her kids being there). She is instrumental in the final battle against Syndrome and definitely the foundations holding the family together.

This post has been edited by Chez Wombat: Apr 17 2016, 12:11 AM

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post Apr 17 2016, 12:58 AM
Post #14
Group icon

15th: Hamm (Toy Story), 30 Points (Highest: 5th)

Voters: Chez Wombat (5th), Iz (7th)

Another Toy Story supporting character is Andy's piggy bank, and plaything, Ham. Present in all three films and possessing more knowledge of what's outside than the other toys, he's always there to deliver a great one liner, I'm glad I wasn't the only one that appreciated him.

14th: Remy (Ratatouille), 30 Points (Highest: 3rd)

Voters: jsilv (3rd), HausofKubrick (9th)

Remy is the main protagonist from Ratatouille (and the only character from that film to appear here), a rat that dreams of being a chef and is more interested in the human world, and has a chance to fulfill this dream when he befriends a human chef, Linguini, a resourceful and quick thinking rat, I sort of wish I could tell you more about him but it's been so long since I've seen this film, sorry!

13th: EVE (WALL-E), 33 Points

Voters: Ultraviolence1989 (3rd), Jonjo (6th)

EVE (Extra Terrestrial Vegetation Evaluator) is a vegetation droid sent from Axiom to scan for life on Earth in terms of plants and the first other life form WALL-E spots and eventually becomes infatuated with. Highly dutiful at first, she develops a lot more of a playful and caring personality than your standard robot as her & WALL-E grow closer. Initially, sent back to Axiom when WALL-E reveals the plant he has found as a gift, he is insistent and follows her up there, setting in motion quite an adventure for them both.

12th: Mr Potato Head (Toy Story), 36 Points (Highest: 8th)

Voters: HausofKubrick (8th), Chez Wombat (9th), Joe (10th)

Another one of Andy's original toys. Mr Potato Head is the wise cracking cynic of the toys that is outspoken and pulls no punches even though he's loyal to the group. In the later films, he is greeted with a wife, Mrs Potato Head, and even some alien children and his proneness to missing parts proves useful in the third film. A classic character, I love him in the 'bloopers' section of Toy Story 2.

11th: Mike (Monsters Inc.), 36 Points (Highest: 7th)

Voters: Chez Wombat (7th), Ultraviolence1989 (10th), HausofKubrick (10th)

Just missing the top 10 though doing significantly better than his partner is Mike Wazowski, the one eyed outspoken brains of the duo, who acts as Sulley's trainer and friend and sticks with him even though he at first doesn't approve of his caring of Boo. Highly work focused and success oriented, he is also the rival of Randall and the irritance of Roz's life. He is more brainy than scary though we do find out in Monsters University that that wasn't always his goal. Another classic <3

-x-

Tune in tomorrow for characters quite a few of you actually like ;o

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Apr 17 2016, 09:33 PM
Post #15
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
So many classics but Mike, Eve, Hamn and Bullseye in particular are incredible heart.gif
Bullseye is so cute, Mike is quintessential to Pixar and the Monsters franchise, Hamn is so much fun and Eve is one of my favourites, fascinating and incredible character wub.gif

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Apr 17 2016, 09:35 PM
Post #16
Group icon
User: 13,007
Mater, Carl, Potato Head and Dug are my favourites from here - all deserved points from me. Bullseye is adorable too.

Have I calculated it right and Jessie is top 10!? ohmy.gif wub.gif

+Quote this post
post Apr 17 2016, 09:36 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Sad to see Kevin and Dug out. Love those guys. Gosh, I really need a re watch of Up!

'I was hiding under your porch because I love you' remains my favourite Pixar quote.

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post Apr 27 2016, 07:50 PM
Post #18
Group icon
It is little known that 'tomorrow' can often be interpreted as ten days later ;o

TOP 10:

10th: Rex (Toy Story series), 49 Points

Voters: Ultraviolence1989, HausofKubrick (4th), Iz (6th)

Starting off the top 10 is everyone's favourite neurotic dinosaur. Rex is the highest of the supporting toys and rightfully so as he maintains a big presence despite never having a main role in the plot, whether he's 'using his head' or defeating Emperor Zurg in real life. Scary in apperance, Rex is actually extremely nervous, soft and loveable and somewhat bumbling, but we all love him for it, and enough to put him in the top 10!

9th: Jessie (Toy Story 2/3), 54 Points

Voters: HarryEzra, HausofKubrick (2nd), Ultraviolence1989 (5th)

I needn't say anything else </3 well OK, Jessie is the collectable cowgirl who finally meets her TV show partner, Woody in TS2 and while initially being cold as Stinky Pete about her rejection from her child, she settles into the gang (and a much needed female representation in there). Essentially Woody's female counterpart, and we all love him, so Jessie is in our hearts enough to get her top 10 as well!

8th: Nemo (Finding Nemo), 57 Points

Voters: Jonjo (4th), HarryEzra (7th), jsilv, Ultraviolence1989 (8th)

The title character of what has been Buzzjack's favourite Pixar film (but will it still be? ohmy.gif) is 8th here. A kid clownfish who longs to see the world but is held back by his overprotective father, that is until a truanting session to touch a 'butt' takes him further away than he's ever been before and in a whole new environment where he must rely on his skills and leader potential to both bring him home and learn independence for the first time is his life. Somewhat a minimal role compared to Marlin & Dory in the film, he's...cute, I guess cute means a very good thing to you all as he is 8th here and Marlin did not pick up a single point!

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Apr 27 2016, 08:00 PM
Post #19
Group icon
User: 13,007
Brilliant to see Rex and Jessie top 10. Jessie breaks my heart, I think I relate to her more than any other Pixar charcater. I don't think I've cried more at a film scene than I have with 'When She Loved Me' </3

What the f*** at Nemo being so high above Marlin......?

+Quote this post
post Apr 27 2016, 08:02 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Yes at Sadness making it this high!

+Quote this post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:15 PM