BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Pet Shop Boys - Electric, 12th album | July 2013
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Sour Candy
post 23rd July 2013, 02:42 PM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 10,275

Strong album, especially Bolshy!

I find LIABC a bit like a parody of Pet Shop Boys but the lovely brostep part wins me over.

Thursday would be a brilliant single.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Red Blooded Man
post 28th July 2013, 08:55 AM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 822

QUOTE(pippa @ Jul 23 2013, 10:41 PM) *
The more I think of it the more I believe a Pet Shop Boys duet with Example would just work brilliantly and could open the Pet Shop Boys up to a new market, I think they just need to find a way to attract new buyers to their material as the material they are releasing is a good solid body of work.
I think no matter what the next single is it still wont perform in the capacity it deserves, which is a massive shame.

Given the LIABC is being released towards the end of September, it will be a #120 smash.

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 28th July 2013, 10:02 PM
Post #23
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116

It will be their best single in years! Such a shame that they're unable to get a hit anymore even with such fantastic material but that's the nature of the British music industry, ageism and relevance etc...

+Quote this post
pippa
post 29th July 2013, 05:06 PM
Post #24
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031

Love is bourgeios construct deserves top 10 status and even higher but sadly for it to reach top 100 would be an achievement.

+Quote this post
Ne Plus Ultra
post 29th July 2013, 05:15 PM
Post #25
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 4,817

QUOTE(pippa @ Jul 29 2013, 05:06 PM) *
Love is bourgeios construct deserves top 10 status and even higher but sadly for it to reach top 100 would be an achievement.

I think it'll be the first single of the era to actually receive Radio 2 support though. I can't believe they've snubbed the past two singles!

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 30th July 2013, 12:40 AM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

Like others here i have to say i think Love is bourgeios construct is an excellent track and brilliant single choice, hopefully they promote it and also get radio support, these 2 combined may see a top 75 hit for them.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 3rd September 2015, 12:06 AM
Post #27
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

Finally given this album a listen after meaning to since its release, and it's AMAZING. Even better than I expected, I always knew it'd be right up my street. Also one of the songs uses the word "incandescent" - how can you go wrong with that? The production on this album is seriously impressive too, bravo Stuart Price!

My highlights:

Axis
Love Is A Bourgeois Construct
Fluorescent
The Last To Die
Thursday

There's nothing I actually dislike on here though. ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Red Blooded Man
post 3rd September 2015, 09:03 AM
Post #28
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 822

QUOTE(mr_pmt @ Sep 3 2015, 08:06 AM) *
Finally given this album a listen after meaning to since its release, and it's AMAZING. Even better than I expected, I always knew it'd be right up my street. Also one of the songs uses the word "incandescent" - how can you go wrong with that? The production on this album is seriously impressive too, bravo Stuart Price!

My highlights:

Axis
Love Is A Bourgeois Construct
Fluorescent
The Last To Die
Thursday

There's nothing I actually dislike on here though. ohmy.gif

Lol, I am surprised that this post appeared again on the first page of the forum.

But yeah, it's one of my favourite albums ever, no track ever skipped during any listens. happy.gif

+Quote this post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 28th April 2024, 10:38 PM