BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
29 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The Russia Political Thread, 2021–2023 Russo-Ukrainian crisis
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
p a v
post Feb 11 2020, 09:11 AM
Post #1
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397
So I decided to create this topic. If anything to just VENT because it can get overwhelming especially nowadays~

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-51443169

So yesterday was quite a monumental day for Russia. Justice finally got served.

JK MISS THING! 7 people were jailed for 86 years in total after being tortured and """confessing""" to being part of a "terrorist" organisation (as well as killing Kennedy and being Stalin's left testicle among other things) that doesn't actually exist. SO many inconsistencies and lies told by the police. All the receipts are there. People who actually followed this story know all the tea. It's all bogus and is just yet another measure to keep everyone here afraid to do anything (by that I mean revolt). Some not exactly... if I may say so... smart people are calling for even harsher sentences or death penalty (yay 4 kindness) because they only watch national television and heard the word "terrorist" which was enough for them to make a decision. Think Leavers and Dailymail.

All of this happened days after they let a murderer go because the victim "fell on the knife". The victim being gay played a huge role in this decision.

The only lesson here is that torture is Putin approved and if you murder someone in front of many witnesses with CCTV footage proving you did it (provided that they are LGBTQ+ or a woman of course!) you will be let go after a pesky trial that means f*** all.

What a great time to live in this AMAZING North Korea's baby sister country.💖

This post has been edited by Doctor Blind: Jun 6 2023, 08:30 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post Feb 12 2020, 06:30 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272
That’s no way to talk about Trump and Johnson’s boss ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Steve201
post Jul 2 2020, 10:39 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138
And Putin has conducted his referendum for a new constitution to rubber stamp him running(and likely winning) elections until 2036 meaning he will rule Russia into his 80s.

+Quote this post
p a v
post Jul 2 2020, 11:04 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Yup. A landslide "win". The whole thing/government is complete shambles. If you think you have it bad with Bozo, think again :')

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post Jul 2 2020, 11:55 PM
Post #5
Group icon
is in hibernation
User: 21,161
Yeah this puts what we have into perspective, I can't imagine how it must be in Russia rn sad.gif Serious question, is leaving a viable option for you after lockdown ~

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post Aug 10 2020, 04:01 PM
Post #6
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929
Posting it in here because it fits into Russia's sphere of influence... the Belarus elections have sparked massive protests. Lukashenko claiming he won 80% of the vote which is an obvious nonsense, and I have seen that protesters have started commandeering votes and counting them themselves, which seem like they are overwhelming victory for the opposition candidate Tikhanovskaya, who's managed to emerge as the first opposition candidate that Lukashenko wouldn't ban:

I am very worried with the reports of protests, at what might happen in that country soon, and indeed, what Putin might do about it. I've heard that he and Lukashenko haven't always gotten on but surely Belarus not being a democracy and not being tempted to look towards the West has worked in Putin's favour.

+Quote this post
Silas
post Aug 10 2020, 05:00 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474
I did note that Putin and a few of the more questionably ruled former soviet states and other places without democratic leadership (looking @ u china) were quick to recognise the result as legitimate. It is not sustainable that this man clings to power any longer. Belarus needs reforms. The EU should be cranking up the economic pressure, in co-operation with Ukraine, to ensure that the peoples democratically expressed wishes are followed through with the change in leadership they voted for.

+Quote this post
p a v
post Aug 10 2020, 05:42 PM
Post #8
Group icon
80% is beyond laughable given the exit polls conducted by the opposition showed the Tikhanovskaya leading by a landslide. Also he polled at 3% last month which sparked a whole set of memes. THREE. PERCENT. Massive protests and one death as a result (a police vehicle allegedly drove into said protester) are being reported. Obviously the 'government' is denying the latter.

Also to top it all off the 'government' is denying their involvement in the internet blackout which was planned for 9-11 August (and I have friends there who confirm they have massive problems with internet right now). 'THESE TWO THINGS ARE NOT CONNECTED, MOVE ALONG, NOTHING TO SEE HERE, THE WEST IS DOING IT, THEY TURNED OFF THE INTERNET!!1' - I'm paraphrasing Lukashenko's response regarding this.

This post has been edited by n'tAlice: Aug 10 2020, 05:45 PM

+Quote this post
Steve201
post Aug 11 2020, 06:22 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138
Putin won't stand for Belarus having a pro west leader! Just like Ukraine.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post Aug 12 2020, 12:05 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272
It is worth remembering that Belarus is the only European country not signed up to the European Convention on Human Rights. There are a lot of Tory MPs who would like the UK to join them.

+Quote this post
p a v
post Aug 20 2020, 10:11 AM
Post #11
Group icon
The Kremlin opposition leader Navalny has allegedly (I'm only using this word as a courtesy, everyone knows what really happened) been poisoned in an airport. Currently in critical condition. Looks like the government is still stuck in the 90s. Everything is looking bleaker and bleaker by the moment.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post Aug 20 2020, 10:23 AM
Post #12
Group icon
How can Russia even pretend to call itself a democracy when something like this can happen?

With Lukashenko looking ever more beleaguered by the day, could be a pre-emptive strike to leave the Russian opposition leaderless in case any of them were getting ideas.

+Quote this post
p a v
post Aug 20 2020, 10:39 AM
Post #13
Group icon
QUOTE(Iz~ @ Aug 20 2020, 01:23 PM) *
How can Russia even pretend to call itself a democracy when something like this can happen?

Russia pretends to be and have a lot of things which in reality is not true at all. Everything is about appearances and a check mark on a useless piece of paper. You can see it affecting regular people too, especially Moscow. Russia is an empty shell of itself by this point.

+Quote this post
Silas
post Aug 20 2020, 09:22 PM
Post #14
Group icon
Queen of Soon
Yup. This is an entirely normal course of events

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post Aug 21 2020, 07:51 AM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568
There’s so many things I would love to see in Russia, but I wouldn’t dare visit with the state the country is in, nor would I want to tbh.

+Quote this post
Silas
post Sep 3 2020, 07:31 AM
Post #16
Group icon
Queen of Soon
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-54002880

Berlin announced yesterday that Novichok was used to poison Navalny. I am sure we are all pretending to be surprised at this news.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post Sep 3 2020, 08:24 AM
Post #17
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88
QUOTE(Quarantilas @ Sep 3 2020, 08:31 AM) *
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-54002880

Berlin announced yesterday that Novichok was used to poison Navalny. I am sure we are all pretending to be surprised at this news.

I honestly don't think the Kremlin even care anymore what anyone else thinks. I'm not sure what other sanctions the EU could impose again after the Salisbury poisoning. It's absolutely crazy how they deny it. I even think the State probably thinks Russia wasn't responsible.

+Quote this post
p a v
post Sep 3 2020, 08:25 AM
Post #18
Group icon
And """Navalny's disease""" is now going to be the cause of a winter prices boost across the country. Damn you Navalny, your health directly affects people's wealth!!! mad.gif You're thinking The S*n is bad but this country's media is TRULY the TOILET. But before toilets were invented. A hole in the ground. (Which a lot of people still have in the countryside)

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post Nov 6 2020, 03:33 AM
Post #19
Group icon
Some rumours/reports swirling around out there (e.g. NYPost) that Putin is planning to step down next year over health concerns.

I'm not holding my breath but if true, very big shifts in world politics right now.

+Quote this post
p a v
post Nov 6 2020, 08:56 AM
Post #20
Group icon
But he just held a fraudulent rigged election in July the entire point of which was to make him King of Russia for 289 more years. I think the only way he’ll leave office is feet first. These people only value power.

+Quote this post

29 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 05:21 AM