BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> Personal Charts

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> JeffRayGun Weekly Charts (2017 Week 48)
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
JeffRayGun
post 8th December 2017, 09:47 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 23,488

So some of you might remember I used to have daily charts here. Well, this changed this year in August as I decided to switch from daily charts to weekly charts. Therefore, updating on time will be hopefully less of a pain.

Now, on to the Top 20!

WEEK 48 (November 26th - December 2nd)

MOV POS (LW) Artist - Song (History)
* 1 (-) Björk - All Is Full Of Love (1)
* 2 (-) Björk - Jóga (2)
R 3 (-) Alessia Cara - Stars (1 - 5 - 16 - 13 - X - 3)
^ 4 (13) LCD Soundsystem - All My Friends (13 - 4)
* 5 (-) Generic CAW ft. raocow - A Heart (5)
* 6 (-) Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - Fort Knox (6)

- 7 (7) Taylor Swift - Call It What You Want (2 - 1 - 22 - 7 - 7)
* 8 (-) Belinda Carlisle - Heaven Is A Place On Earth (8)
* 9 (-) Yoshito Hirano & Yuka Tsujiyoko - Bowser, King Of The Koopas (9)

^ 10 (39) Taylor Swift - State Of Grace (1 - 1 - 3 - 3 - 7 - 8 - 15 - 8 - 4 - 12 - 10 - 5 - 10 - 8 - 12 - 39 - 10)
* 11 (-) Generic CAW ft. raocow -Learning And Teaching (11)
V 12 (11) Oasis - Champagne Supernova (38 - X - 3 - 11 - X - 18 - 5 - 23 - 11 - 12)
* 13 (-) Aly & AJ - Take Me (13)
V 14 (6) Blue Horizon - Sun Dance (6 - 6 - 14)
* 15 (-) Generic CAW ft. raocow - Yellow Hurts (15)
V 16 (4) Marshmello ft. Khalid - Silence (1 - 4 - 16)
* 17 (-) The Crazy World Of Arthur Brown - Fire (17)
V 18 (9) Taylor Swift - You Are In Love (1 - 9 - 6 - 16 - 19 - 38 - 9 - 18)
V 19 (1) Taylor Swift - Style (1 - 19)
V 20 (10) Blue Horizon - Empty Space (20 - 10 - 20)

The full top 50 can be found here

Points of importance:
-Bjork makes her debut on this chart, taking the Top 2 spots of the chart with All Is Full Of Love and Joga at #1 and #2 respectively. This is the first time this has happened since August, when Taylor Swift replicated a similar feat with State of Grace and This Love locking the Top 2 spots respectively.
-Taylor Swift holds at least one spot in the Top 10 for the 17th week in a row as Call it What You Want holds at #7 and State of Grace resurges into the Top 10 for its 13th week there.
-Generic CAW's raocow music yields many hits in the Top 50, including a familiar face: Yellow Hurts makes its first entry in the Weekly Charts in 2017, but it has featured in the Daily Charts in December 2016.
-Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds' newest album yields two hits with Fort Knox at #6 and Holy Mountain at #41.
-Stars by Alessia Cara re-enters at #3, marking its 5th week in the Top 50!

This post has been edited by JeffRayGun: 8th December 2017, 09:48 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Det. Dawson
post 8th December 2017, 09:56 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 36,007

Hello Jeff,

It's nice to see people's personal charts but apart from the Alessia Cara track I've never heard of any of the other songs mellow.gif

Where are you from if you don't mind me asking?

Nice to see Björk on a personal chart. "Stonemilker" is such a gem and a favorite of mine smile.gif

+Quote this post
JeffRayGun
post 8th December 2017, 10:09 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber

I'm from Quebec, although my music taste tends to veer towards fairly unknown artists too. I'm not too surprised this week has very few artists you're familar with, too, since many of the recurring names are fairly unknown.

-Blue Horizon is a pop/edm duo with a friend of mine as the producer, who recently released their first album Atlas.
-Generic CAW is an unknown YouTuber who made a few songs by splicing the vocals of raocow, a fairly niche Mario Let's Player from Quebec, with some instrumentals.
-The Bowser, King of the Koopas song is from the soundtrack of Paper Mario.

I'm a little surprised that you haven't heard Fort Knox or especially Champagne Supernova though, given that I assumed the Gallagher brothers were a fairly big deal in England.

Maybe you'll find more familiar songs in the Top 50, which I linked just below the chart. I should make that link easier to notice, though. tongue.gif

+Quote this post
Det. Dawson
post 8th December 2017, 10:16 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 36,007

Hey Jeff,

Of course I'm aware of Champagne Supernova! I Wouldn't say either of the Gallagher brothers were a huge deal in the UK anymore!

What's your favorite Björk song?

+Quote this post
JeffRayGun
post 8th December 2017, 10:39 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber

I only heard Homogenic to date, and it was about a week or two ago. But my favourite song from that album is probably All Is Full Of Love. It's a really meaningful song to me, as the message of the song resonates with me a fair amount. As someone who's always freaking out about finding love, a song that basically says "Don't worry about it, you'll find love somewhere, just maybe not from where you're looking" is really something I needed to hear. tongue.gif

Joga is also a really great song. It's got that epic feel that I really love in music. The rest of Homogenic was also mostly really good though. I'll be checking out her other albums in the near future!

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 11:15 PM