BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Top 50 Star Wars Characters: Results, FINISHED! Comment Your Thoughts On The Results :)
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
torresgirl
post Jan 24 2016, 06:16 PM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 14,963
I'm really not surprised Anakin is so low. Huge character in the story but so poorly acted by Hayden Christensen. I didn't find Jake Lloyd as offensive oddly.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Rooney
post Jan 24 2016, 06:22 PM
Post #22
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88
QUOTE(Joe. @ Jan 24 2016, 06:13 PM) *
I really want to like Maz, but I feel like there's something missing from her character. Something doesn't connect with me and I don't find her all that interesting or unique.

Same. I think she's only massively popular on BuzzJack though. I found her dull. I'd have rather Yoda have returned in spirt form.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post Jan 24 2016, 06:46 PM
Post #23
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929
Kit Fisto's smile <3 Definitely the best Jedi master away from those who are main characters. Pleased to see him make the top 30. And nearly beating Anakin biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Jan 24 2016, 07:00 PM
Post #24
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692
Justice for Coleman Trebor! Should never have been killed so easily </3

Ki Adi Mundi has always been my non-main favourite Jedi.

This post has been edited by Josh Josh Binks: Jan 24 2016, 07:03 PM

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Feb 1 2016, 04:34 PM
Post #25
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
Sorry for getting behind on this, will continue later tonight!

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Feb 1 2016, 10:51 PM
Post #26
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

21) Poe 58 (15 Points: T Boy, 13 Points: Joe)
22) Padme 45 (12 Points: Ultraviolence1989, 11 Points: Johnkm, 10 Points: Joe)
23) Grand Moff Tarkin 37 (16 Points: Johnkm)
24) Jar Jar Binks 34 (13 Points: Josh, 11 Points: Mack, 10 Points: Iz)

The scores in the brackets are any scores the character got over 10!

Kicking off the top 24 is everyone's favourite Star Wars character Jar Jar Binks. Who according to Buzzjack is a better character than Anakin, General Grievous and the Stormtroopers! The annoying thing hung around the Phantom Menace saying stupid things, mumbling stupid things and being annoying while ruining the entire movie for many (he nearly ruined it for me but didn't quite make it that far)! Jar Jar Binks was useless in every situation he was in and due to the revolting critical reception the character got, Jar Jar Binks was given a way smaller role in the 2nd movie before being cut completely, despite him supposedly meaning to have an even bigger role in the next 2 prequels. Jar Jar scored all his points from Josh, Mack & Iz.
Next up is Grand Moff Tarkin who is an ambitious, ruthless proponent of military power that I don't really remember. He scored nearly half his points from Johnkm's 16 points! New Star Wars 7 character Poe- played by Oscar Issac- enters very well despite having a quite small (but still significant) role in the latest entry in the franchise. Poe seems to have potential and could climb this list if he lives up to it, for the meantime he has made an immediate strong impact on T Boy and Joe!
And in 22nd, 2 places away from the top 20 and nearly 20 points above her lover in Movies favourite ever romance, is Padme. Padme was the Queen and Senator of Naboo and was one of the main characters in the three prequels. Padme was a girl who worked for the Queen until it was revealed later in the Phantom Menace that Padme was in fact the Queen Amidala and in the 2nd and 3rd movies we saw her dreadful relationship with Anakin develop until it just got worse and worse. Padme eventually turned against Anakin after he became evil and died during childbirth. Padme got 45 points; 3 with 10 and more and her highest score being from me. Padme was portrayed by Natalie Portman, who unlike co-star Hayden Christansen, became a very big star and would win an Oscar a few years after Revenge Of The Sith for Black Swan!

#16-#20 coming up tomorrow probably and features more classic characters. Who could they be?

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post Feb 1 2016, 11:00 PM
Post #27
Group icon
Former iconic poster with no consistent posting style
Pronouns: Don't take em seriously tbh
User: 21,005
Jar Jar slaying *.*

Otherwise I agree pretty much with the results in this batch.

+Quote this post
Qween
post Feb 1 2016, 11:01 PM
Post #28
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709
Grand Moff Tarkin and his barely concealed contempt for Darth Vader is a true highlight of A New Hope.

(plus he was totally a queen, too)

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post Feb 1 2016, 11:08 PM
Post #29
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232
Padme was bad, just as bad as Anakin and a lot of the same problems. Was never particularly endearing/convincing at the start and just turned overly whiny and passive by the end of the trilogy, really shouldn't be above Grand Moff Tarkin, fantastic character (and portrayed in such little screen time as well!)

(I'd be glad to help if you need a hand with the commentaries btw happy.gif)

+Quote this post
T Boy
post Feb 2 2016, 06:44 PM
Post #30
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
User: 177
Jar Jar is underrated. Padme was only really any good in TPM. Poe needed more screen time, I found him really likeable. Tarkin is obviously class personified.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Feb 4 2016, 08:46 PM
Post #31
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

16) Finn 82 (14 Points: Ultraviolence1989, Acidburn, 12 Points: PopChartFreak, Joe., 11 Points: Soy Adrian)
17) Count Dooku 80 (15 Points: Josh, 14 Points: Johnkm, Spun, Iz)
18) Boba Fett 79 (20 Points: Jester, 17 Points: Severin, 14 Points: Joe., 12 Points: Rooney)
19) Lando 74 (16 Points: Iz, 12 Points: Acidburn, 10 Points: Soy Adrian, Rooney)
20) Qui-Gon Jinn 69 (13 Points: Iz, 12 Points: T-Boy, Severin, 10 Points: Spun)

The scores in the brackets are any scores the character got over 10! (hopefully haven't missed any, may in particular have missed some for Dooku as forgot to look for his votes in the PM's originally!)

Kicking off the top 20 with an all male character section is Qui-Gon Jinn who was a Jedi Master that only appeared in The Phantom Menace, and was portrayed by the fantastic Liam Neeson! Qui-Gon Jinn was a really interesting character and was one of the last Jedi masters and was killed towards the end of the movie in the epic lightsaber battle. I think 20th is a good enough position for him! In 19th is Lando who was the original owner of the Millennium Falcon and was a pal of Harrison Ford. He was originally 'helping' Darth Vader but turned to the other side and became a selfless leader in the fight against the Empire. He appeared in the last two of the original trilogy. In 18th is Boba Fett who is a feared, silent bounty hunter and seems to be a really popular character, but if I'm honest I don't really understand the love for Boba. Anyway Jester is the 1st to lose his 20 pointer after Boba finishes 18th.
Count Dooku was a menacing Sith Lord and central figure in the Clone Wars. Once a Jedi, who was trained by Yoda, he became disillusioned with the Jedi Order and thirsted for greater power which led to him on his path to becoming one of the main villains. Dooku was menacing and interesting but I would have him a few places lower here. And just missing the top 15 is Finn who is surprisingly not even in the highest 3 new characters from the new movie ohmy.gif Finn was an incredible and fun action hero who was a stormtrooper at the start but turned to help the good characters and became one of the heroes. John Boyega was fantastic and gave Finn so much life and energy and I am excited to see where his character progresses. The fellow characters in the image are yet to appear, where will they place?

#11-#15 coming up later or tomorrow probably and features some quite big characters. Who could they be?

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post Feb 4 2016, 09:13 PM
Post #32
Group icon
Again, I quite agree on those finishing there wink.gif

+Quote this post
Severin
post Feb 5 2016, 12:43 AM
Post #33
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 9,872
Boba Fett was really very intriguing, and although it sounds crass, cool, until Lucas overused him in the (not so) special editions and then completely ruined him in the prequels.
I'd argue that those that grew up on the original, unaltered trilogy are fonder than those who discovered the films after Lucas messed them up.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Feb 5 2016, 01:06 AM
Post #34
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
Sorry I didn't do this, but I'm a newbie to the world of Star Wars and can't remember most of them off by heart and couldn't be bothered researching all characters! laugh.gif

Glad to see Poe pretty high! I think/hope he'll play a bigger part in the next film. Oscar is one of the most talented actors around right now, and he most certainly has the ability to bring whatever he needs to, to the character.

+Quote this post
post Feb 5 2016, 08:48 AM
Post #35
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
FYI I met Princess/General Leia last night and fulfilled my ultimate selfie goals.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Feb 6 2016, 06:04 PM
Post #36
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
QUOTE(Joe. @ Feb 5 2016, 08:48 AM) *
FYI I met Princess/General Leia last night and fulfilled my ultimate selfie goals.

That sounds absolutely incredible wub.gif wub.gif

#11-#15 coming very soon smile.gif

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Feb 6 2016, 06:26 PM
Post #37
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

11) Darth Maul 139 (19 Points: Iz, 18 Points: Torresgirl, 16 Points: Rooney, Soy Adrian, 13 Points: Chez Wombat, Severin, 12 Points: Spun)
12) Rey 130 (20 Points: Ultraviolence1989, 17 Points: Acidburn, 16 Points: Rey, 15 Points: Spun, 13 Points: PopChartFreak, 11 Points: Joe, 10 Points: Johnkm)
13) BB8 93 (18 Points: Ultraviolence1989, 16 Points: Joe, 13 Points: Rooney, 11 Points: PopChartFreak, 10 Points: T-Boy)
14) Mace Windu 92 (20 Points: Spun, 18 Points: Iz, 17 Points: Josh, 10 Points: Mack)
15) Kylo Ren 86 (16 Points: Spun, 15 Points: Torresgirl, 14 Points: Soy Adrian)

The scores in the brackets are any scores the character got over 10! (hopefully haven't missed any)

Kicking off the top 15 in a set which features the last of the Star Wars 7 debutants (and a lot of people losing their favourites) is villain Kylo Ren, who is portrayed by Adam Driver. Kylo Ren is the son of Han Solo, and would eventually kill him which unfortunately got spoiled for most people due to stupid memes and people. He is a dark warrior and is strong with the force and has made a strong impact in his first movie as a villain. Next up is classic actor Samuel L Jackson who played Mace Windu in the prequels. He is a jedi master who was the champion of the Jedi order and made a strong impact in his scenes of being a great character. He recived a massive 20 points from Spun and a couple more really high points! The absolutely adorable BB8 is a loyal astromech and is just so incredibly adorable and fabulous. He is like the R2-D2 of the new movies and captured cinemas attention immediately due to its cuteness and skittish behaviour. BB8 received many high points including an 18 from me! And my 20 pointer is out next as the joint lead of the Force Awakens- Rey- falls out at 12! Though Rey sees a massive point jump as she is the first one over 100 points with a massive 130 points! Rey is portrayed absolutely fabulously by the incredible Daisy Ridley who surely has a bright career in Hollywood after this movie put her on the maps of everyone heart.gif Rey is such a strong figure who really intrigues and interests audience and one of the main questions of the new franchise is her ancestry! She received many high points! And just missing the top 10 is Darth Maul who was a deadly sith lord trained by Emperor Palpatine who looks frightening and only appeared in The Phantom Menace! He made such a strong impact that he is 11th off the back off one movie- also one of the least popular movies of the franchises. Darth Maul also received many high points including a 19 from Iz and an 18 from Torresgirl.

Top 10:
C-3PO
Chewbacca
Darth Vader
Emperor Sheev Palpatine/Darth Sidious
Han Solo
Luke Skywalker
Obi Wan Kenobi
Princess Leia
R2D2
Yoda

PREDICTIONS?

+Quote this post
post Feb 6 2016, 06:28 PM
Post #38
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
C-3PO out next.

My new BFF Leia to win.

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post Feb 6 2016, 06:34 PM
Post #39
Group icon
Mace Windu only #14 nocheer.gif I guess I'm the only hardcore stan of him. His purple lightsaber slays tbh (literally kink.gif )

Darth Maul doing quite well there, it's just a shame we didn't see as much of him as I'd've liked. Another guy with a unique lightsaber!

+Quote this post
T Boy
post Feb 6 2016, 06:37 PM
Post #40
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
User: 177
Darth Maul wasn't really a character though, was he? And outside of the fact that he's Samuel L Jackson, I don't see what's so appealing about Mace Windu.

+Quote this post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:23 PM