BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

54 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Geri Halliwell • General Discussion
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
russt68
post Sep 21 2006, 01:06 PM
Post #41
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 213

surely it's illegal to sell blank discs like this for such extortionate prices? tongue.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Matt Aloud
post Sep 21 2006, 02:38 PM
Post #42
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 1,286

Mel C is releasing a 4th album next year.

+Quote Post
Rob
post Sep 21 2006, 11:14 PM
Post #43
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 122

It was rumoured around the time before she announced her pregnancy that (the frankly fab wub.gif) Love Never Loved Me was to be coupled with an Abba cover as a double-A to launch the album, but then she announced her pregnancy sad.gif

+Quote Post
Tyler
post Sep 22 2006, 01:42 AM
Post #44
If people hate you, don’t hate them.
Member No.: 67

rotf.gif

your serious? mellow.gif

+Quote Post
Mushymanrob
post Sep 22 2006, 06:18 AM
Post #45
im all clares!
Member No.: 5

a waste of money...

+Quote Post
GRIMLY FIENDISH
post Sep 22 2006, 07:55 AM
Post #46
Always wear a clean pair of knickers, cos you never know when th
Member No.: 190
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(mushymanrob @ Sep 22 2006, 07:30 AM) *

a waste of money...

Totally.... sleep.gif

Seems like any talentless waste of space can generate a "Greatest Hits" album these days.... Anyone remember the time when an artist actually had to do something to merit a Greatest Hits album???

+Quote Post
MDNA2012
post Sep 22 2006, 08:46 AM
Post #47
Member No.: 748

I must admit, I really really liked "love never loved me" So should have been her second single. Despite her lack of star appeal and good voice, even good looks - this was a brill song

+Quote Post
GrAmii
post Sep 22 2006, 08:55 AM
Post #48
Imma gonz Blue Waffle ya up bitch!
Member No.: 30

Geri's music is horrible. I mean UGH I like camp cheesy stuff but the stuff she churned out was ultimate VOMIT.

Melanie C would be the only one that would actually have a decent GH collection and would probably do OKish with it as well - she has had a load of great hits.

As for the SG GH I'm not holding out any hope - it'd make my year if they came back instead of being stuck with Take That and All Saints.

+Quote Post
Rob
post Sep 22 2006, 12:53 PM
Post #49
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 122

QUOTE(Ozmead @ Sep 22 2006, 09:58 AM) *

I must admit, I really really liked "love never loved me" So should have been her second single. Despite her lack of star appeal and good voice, even good looks - this was a brill song

You have to wonder what they were thinking when they released Desire over it sick2.gif

+Quote Post
Luciano
post Sep 22 2006, 03:10 PM
Post #50
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 96

This shouldn't be happening. A Spice Girls greatest hits, on the other hand, should be happening.

+Quote Post
Kryptonite Kiss
post Mar 3 2007, 11:47 PM
Post #51
I Was In Sex & The City
Member No.: 1,880

There are rumours that the Ex Ginger, Ex Spice Girl is releasing a greatest hits album! The album may/will include hits from "Scizophonic" "Scream If You Wanna Go Faster" and "Passion". If this is true would change the come back of the Spice Girls mellow.gif

If it's true I hope these tracks make it

Look at Me, Lift Me Up, Bag It Up, Scream If You Wanna Go Faster and Ride It. And also a few B-Sides she did including Perhaps, Perhaps and G-A-Y

+Quote Post
Luciano
post Mar 4 2007, 03:59 AM
Post #52
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 96

Hmmm... I doubt this is true, does she even have enough hits for this??

The ones I can name/remember:

1. Look At Me
2. Mi Chico Latino
3. Lift Me Up
4. Bag It Up
5. It's Raining Men
6. Scream If You Wanna Go Faster
7. Calling
8. Ride It
9. Desire (but this one flopped, so it wouldn't be one of her "greatest" hits)

+Quote Post
GrAmii
post Mar 4 2007, 04:36 AM
Post #53
Imma gonz Blue Waffle ya up bitch!
Member No.: 30

It's been going around for quite some time.
But considering I think only Melanie C has enough his to warrant a 'Best Of' compilation. Geri has about 9? So most of it would probably be filler...

+Quote Post
inactiveaccount
post Mar 4 2007, 08:50 AM
Post #54
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 1,030
   No Gallery Pics

I loved that last album of Geri

+Quote Post
BJBB MusicLover
post Mar 4 2007, 04:04 PM
Post #55
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: Banned
Member No.: 358
   No Gallery Pics

I love Geri and all her music including The Spice Girls stuff however this rumour has been around for two years now and has never happened. To be honest as much as I would love it to be true, I doubt at least for the next few years it will happen however, if it did then I would like and would expect it to have the following tracklist.

1. Look At Me
2. Mi Chico Latino
3. Lift Me Up
4. Bag It Up
5. Walkaway
6. It's Raining Men
7. Scream If You Wanna Go Faster
8. Calling
9. Shake Your Bootie Cutie
10. Ride It
11. Desire
12. Love Never Loved Me
13. Feel The Fear
14. Let Me Love You More
15. Loving Me Back To Life

'Walkaway' was from her debut solo album 'Schizophonic' and whilst it was never released, it would have made a great fifth and final single released from the album. It is a really nice, slushy ballad which her vocals on are superb. I feel it would have been another top 10 hit from her. Probably number 9.

'Shake Your Bootie Cutie' was from her second solo album 'Scream If You Wanna Go Faster' and whilst it isn't a fantastic vocal performance, it is a great, fun, catchy anthem which in my opinion could have been a fourth single from the album however I understand why it was not released as it is a potentially love it or hate it song which may flopped however its a great song.

'Love Never Loved Me', 'Feel The Fear', 'Let Me Love You More' and 'Loving Me Back To Life' are all from her third solo album 'Passion' and are all great songs. 'Love Never Loved Me' was for months scheduled to be a release and should probably have been the second single released from the album. Practically every single person and source to have reviewed the album have said that it should have been a single and would almost certainly have got at least top 5. It is such a great, electro pop, summer dance anthem which would have been a huge hit all over Europe. 'Feel The Fear' was actually scheduled to be the 'Children In Need' song for 2004 and would have been a great choice. It is a lovely, smooth ballad which really should not have lost out at doing 'Children In Need' to Girls Aloud's 'Stand By You' cover. I actually reckon that if it had been the CIN single it would have gone top 5 and even though it wasn't, it could also have still been a single and given her another decent sized hit. 'Let Me Love You More' is yet another single which should have been released. In my opinion this could have been a double A side single along with 'Desire'. Whilst 'Desire' is a good song, 'Let Me Love You More' has much better vocals and is a better and more mature song. Whilst 'Loving Me Back To Life' was maybe never really single material, it is still another good song which is in my opinion would be a very appropiate choice to finish off her 'Greatest Hits' album.

+Quote Post
Simon.
post Mar 4 2007, 04:09 PM
Post #56
Sugar Like Apple Pie
Member No.: 126

Hope it does happen, but i doubt it

+Quote Post
Kryptonite Kiss
post Mar 4 2007, 08:56 PM
Post #57
I Was In Sex & The City

QUOTE(JON @ Mar 4 2007, 04:10 PM) *
I love Geri and all her music including The Spice Girls stuff however this rumour has been around for two years now and has never happened. To be honest as much as I would love it to be true, I doubt at least for the next few years it will happen however, if it did then I would like and would expect it to have the following tracklist.

1. Look At Me
2. Mi Chico Latino
3. Lift Me Up
4. Bag It Up
5. Walkaway
6. It's Raining Men
7. Scream If You Wanna Go Faster
8. Calling
9. Shake Your Bootie Cutie
10. Ride It
11. Desire
12. Love Never Loved Me
13. Feel The Fear
14. Let Me Love You More
15. Loving Me Back To Life

'Walkaway' was from her debut solo album 'Schizophonic' and whilst it was never released, it would have made a great fifth and final single released from the album. It is a really nice, slushy ballad which her vocals on are superb. I feel it would have been another top 10 hit from her. Probably number 9.

'Shake Your Bootie Cutie' was from her second solo album 'Scream If You Wanna Go Faster' and whilst it isn't a fantastic vocal performance, it is a great, fun, catchy anthem which in my opinion could have been a fourth single from the album however I understand why it was not released as it is a potentially love it or hate it song which may flopped however its a great song.

'Love Never Loved Me', 'Feel The Fear', 'Let Me Love You More' and 'Loving Me Back To Life' are all from her third solo album 'Passion' and are all great songs. 'Love Never Loved Me' was for months scheduled to be a release and should probably have been the second single released from the album. Practically every single person and source to have reviewed the album have said that it should have been a single and would almost certainly have got at least top 5. It is such a great, electro pop, summer dance anthem which would have been a huge hit all over Europe. 'Feel The Fear' was actually scheduled to be the 'Children In Need' song for 2004 and would have been a great choice. It is a lovely, smooth ballad which really should not have lost out at doing 'Children In Need' to Girls Aloud's 'Stand By You' cover. I actually reckon that if it had been the CIN single it would have gone top 5 and even though it wasn't, it could also have still been a single and given her another decent sized hit. 'Let Me Love You More' is yet another single which should have been released. In my opinion this could have been a double A side single along with 'Desire'. Whilst 'Desire' is a good song, 'Let Me Love You More' has much better vocals and is a better and more mature song. Whilst 'Loving Me Back To Life' was maybe never really single material, it is still another good song which is in my opinion would be a very appropiate choice to finish off her 'Greatest Hits' album.

Love the tracklistings!

QUOTE(Simon @ Mar 4 2007, 04:15 PM) *
Hope it does happen, but i doubt it

It could happen. But i think they should make a Spice + Solo Spice GH album! that would be somethin to enjoy

+Quote Post
Matt Aloud
post Mar 4 2007, 09:00 PM
Post #58
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 1,286

QUOTE(Madonnas Secret Lover @ Mar 3 2007, 11:53 PM) *
If this is true would change the come back of the Spice Girls mellow.gif

not really, Melanie C's 4th album is out on April 2nd thumbup.gif

+Quote Post
1Dave2006
post Mar 4 2007, 10:48 PM
Post #59
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 898

did u know that geri is the only female solo artist to have 4 consecutive number 1's in the history of the charts

i got this from teletext a while ago, so i think its pretty reliable, lol

+Quote Post
Kryptonite Kiss
post Mar 4 2007, 10:54 PM
Post #60
I Was In Sex & The City

Wow! After all those other artists it's kinda spooky

+Quote Post

54 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:08 PM