BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> 'Goodbye Christopher Robin' | OCT 2017
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post Jun 15 2017, 12:18 PM
Post #1
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
A story about the creation of 'Winnie The Pooh'! Starring Domhnall Gleeson & Margot Robbie!

Looks very cute and sweet!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Jun 15 2017, 04:56 PM
Post #2
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692
Aww, this does look very sweet. I think it'll be really interesting to discover the inspiration behind the iconic Winnie the Pooh characters too so I'm excited for this. I hope the leads have a bit more to do in the actual film though, I'd like it to be an awards contender, especially for Margot Robbie!

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Aug 3 2017, 10:05 PM
Post #3
Group icon
c:
New trailer:

There's a bit too much Gleeson and child actor in this trailer for my liking - not gonna lie, the little boy is already annoying me a bit laugh.gif

Needs more Margot Robbie to be honest, here for her English accent and she looks gorgeous !!:drama:

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Sep 30 2017, 02:48 PM
Post #4
Group icon
c:
Wasn't expecting this to get as hard-hitting as it did in the final third of the film but seeing the teenage Christopher Robin and his interactions with his parents was definitely the highlight of the movie. It was interesting to see how it actually effected the real little boy himself whilst so many other children across the world loved the books.

All of the cast did a decent job (although young Billy Moon was a bit irritating at times) but the real MVP was definitely Kelly Macdonald, I was almost sobbing when she left to get married and when they were reunited at the end. Robbie's almost villainous character was fun too but her accent was unusual and wasn't consistent at all throughout the film.

Overall, I enjoyed this a lot and was glad it didn't sugarcoat the story in any way. A few things could've been fixed (the accents, likeness of young/teenage Christoper Robin etc.) but it was an interesting drama for sure and I enjoyed founding out more about how the classic characters came about.

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post Oct 1 2017, 12:16 PM
Post #5
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674
This was everything I expected and more, very cute as expected from the trailer but with added depth, touching on PTSD and the perils of fame. I found it engaging throughout and the little kid was great, shush Josh.

+Quote this post
Silas
post Oct 1 2017, 03:42 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474
Is it worth going to see? I've been Team Winnie The Pooh for basically my entire life, still very much am.

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post Oct 2 2017, 12:20 AM
Post #7
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674
I don't remember Winnie the Pooh being much a part of my childhood at all and I still thoroughly enjoyed it!

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post Oct 2 2017, 08:05 AM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272
I grew up very near the Ashdown Forest (aka the Hundred Acre Wood) so the Winnie-the-Pooh books meant even more to me. I adored the books as a child so was rather disappointed when I found out how they had affected Christopher Robin.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Oct 6 2017, 06:06 PM
Post #9
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
Incredible film. The acting was superb & I found out so much about Christopher Robin/the books that I had never known anything about at all <3

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 11:51 AM