BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Drag Race Season 11 // From Farm To Runway
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Liаm
post 11th April 2019, 09:38 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Mini challenge: Boobography
Maxi challenge: Create a look using organic produce
Guest judges: Amber Valletta and Kandi Burruss
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post 11th April 2019, 09:39 PM
Post #2
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403

kandi as a judge is such a serve! *.

+Quote this post
p a v
post 12th April 2019, 06:41 AM
Post #3
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

Alyssa is back yasssss. Also Ra'jah is getting on my LAST NERVE. So insecure and shoving it in everyone's faces blaming them for her shortcomings. Bye bitch

I wonder when Netflix decide to upload the episode, it's Friday already :'(

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 12th April 2019, 01:06 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

SUCH a good runway, especially when you look at the last design challenge. The top 3 were all brilliant but also Shuga deserves a mention, LOVED that look! Yvie was probably my absolute fave yet again, I agree with what Ross was saying that she's got a perfect way of going further down the glamour route, a bit out of her comfort zone, but she never loses what makes her unique.

Omg Nina is just the absolute loveliest queen possibly EVER on this show wub.gif The way she reacts to other's hardships and struggles (like her confessional about Plastique) as well as her gracefully accepting critiques, it's so refreshing for her to be so willing to learn and accept what she's doing wrong, especially next to Silky and Ra'Jah who will not accept any of that. I don't think I'd have quite had her bottom this week, I'd have arguably put Vanjie or Silky there, both of their looks were boring to me, at least Nina was trying her best to take on board previous critiques and grow using them.

Ra'Jah just stepped up the c*** this week and I don't mean charisma, uniqueness, nerve or talent :') I'm glad she's gone, her outfit was better than Akeria's which was a total miss but Akeria killed that lipsync and it's been Ra'Jah's time to go for weeks now.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 12th April 2019, 02:50 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Omg Ra'Jah on Untucked over Plastique's message from home :/ That was VILE, there is just no need. Everything always has to be about her. Even Silky's face was like woah bitch too far, stop laugh.gif

That was like a classic Untucked though!! All the drama, Vanjie going Bad Girls Club *.* Tbh I don't see what their problem with Yvie is though, to have someone like her as a friend who will tell you the truth in the way you need it rather than saying what you want to hear. I get she might not say it in the best way, but if it was me in that competition I'd definitely rather have someone who says what needs to be said to me so I can step it up.

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 12th April 2019, 04:18 PM
Post #6
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835

I loved the runway this week!!! All three of the top three and Shuga were all so so good. Was also great seeing Alyssa pop up.

I loved the drama in untucked. I am glad Ra'jah went she was doing my head in.

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 12th April 2019, 04:43 PM
Post #7
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308

It’s very fitting that Ra’Jah decided on using bark for her outfit because that’s what she is. All bark, no bite. She just came off as even more bitter than usual because Scarlet said she should go home, like SHE ANSWERED A QUESTION THAT WAS GIVEN TO HER. Also she and Silky are BEYOND DELUSIONAL. “America will love me” COME ON.

Yvie and Plastique turned it OUT TONIGHT. It was great to see a new glamour side of Yvie’s designs, I think she represented spring more than fall, but still. And Plastique really made a breakthrough this week: it’s her usual thing but amped up a couple notches.

Poor Brook Lynn. She was just uncomfortable with all the drama throughout Untucked.

+Quote this post
Simon.
post 12th April 2019, 04:57 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Sugar Like Apple Pie
User: 126

Yvie is still my worst, her laugh everything just not a fan.

Plastique was another corset? Shouldn’t have won imo, Brooklyn should have won.

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 12th April 2019, 05:43 PM
Post #9
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308

SOMEONE ON REDDIT SAID THAT SHUGA DURING THE CHALLENGE LOOKED LIKE EFFIE TRINKET LMAO I’M LIVING

+Quote this post
Envoirment
post 12th April 2019, 06:53 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,030

I loved the episode. I got a good laugh out of the mini challenge and once again Nina's facial expressions had me laughing - her tits too!

Most did well in the design challenge! Plastique was definitely my favourite - with Yvie/Brook not far behind. I thought Shuga did great too and I loved her makeup. Even though Nina was in the bottom, I thought the top half of her outfit was really good and loved the purple hair. If she had changed the bottom half a bit she would've been safe. Even though Silky's outfit was simple (stretch fabric with beans hotglued), I thought she looked good. Vanjie's look was quite disappointing for me. I loved her hair/make up but the outfit wasn't doing anything for me. I feel she should've been bottom 3 instead of Nina.

I was sad to see Akeria do so poorly. I'm sure her original outfit would've been amazing had it worked. On the other hand I am glad she did badly so she could send Ra'Jah home! Rah'Jah got on my nerves this episode and I am so happy I will not being seeing her until the re-union/finale.

In terms of untucked.... The drama!!! I love Yvie for calling out Silky's bullshit. I was sad to see her and Vanjie go toe to toe again though. Whilst Yvie's delivery could be better, she says nothing but the truth.

Ra'Jah was such a prick to Plastique, but I feel that Ra'Jah felt very pressured especially as she knew she would be lip syncing for a 4th time overall and so she lashed out that frustration on her a bit.

I can't believe we're finally getting to the snatch game next week now! Will be very interesting to see how it turns out.

+Quote this post
Vülker
post 12th April 2019, 07:24 PM
Post #11
Group icon
üüü barracüda
User: 10,222

I literally can't at Ra'Jah, simply vile and truly RUDE. I don't mean when she popped off because she was frustrated, you see rudeness in the little things. The video came through, Plastique's boyfriend came on and she literally walked back to the back of the room to hear her song for what it probably was the 300th time. There is no need, you are just RUDE.

I get Phi Phi venting at Sharon, Willam and Alyssa, I get The Vixen popping off, I get Tyra being snobbish. There are valid reasons behind the way each of those acted. Ra'Jah has no reason to display THAT level of RUDENESS, she has no charisma uniqueness nerve and talent, she only has the acronym. Vile person, I'm truly pressed.

Plastique's Runway along with Yvie's were such victories but I did fell in love with Brooke's denim look. Wouldn't mind wearing it somewhere ha!
Nina is a joy, so humble and such a joy. Refreshing to see Shuga doing well too, I hope she keeps it up, and the opposite for A'keria but I do hope she turns it around as she was on a good path.

Vanjie is really dying on me right now, she looks unfinished all the time and is not bringing anything to the table while Silky needs a reality check ASAP.

All in all good Episode, can't wait to see Jinkx next week!

This post has been edited by Vülker: 12th April 2019, 07:26 PM

+Quote this post
p a v
post 12th April 2019, 09:25 PM
Post #12
Group icon

Yvie has just skyrocketed to my all-time RPDR faves after this episode alone. What a FIERCE combination of talent, charisma, uniqueness and nerve it takes to do THAT on the runway when rehearsing the runway (which btw was pointless as no one took any notes and applied them in the ACTUAL runway lmao). Silky got completely demolished by the Yvie truck. That fire, the will to do whatever it f***ing takes. She's an unstoppable force and it's extremely hard to argue with that. Weak one-note hoes like Silky KNOW it so they try to push buttons instead of upping their own game and win this fair and square.

As far as Yvie's "problem with delivery" goes I think it's absolute bullshit now. She laughs the most when being made fun of, never makes excuses and always accepts critiques. Granted, she's yet to properly fall into the bottom but still, she took that Ball critique which was pretty negative and accepted it. I think everyone else who takes even the tiniest offence to what she says just needs to 1. step up their game and match Yvie 2. stop being so self-centered, stubborn and close-minded.

I'm so triggered by this episode and utterly inspired by Yvie at the same time right now not gonna lie.

Ra'Jah and Silky came off like absolute utter IDIOTS with no self respect this week. I'm not even sure who's worse now. Or if there even were queens who are worse than those two.

+Quote this post
p a v
post 12th April 2019, 10:11 PM
Post #13
Group icon

The Untucked this week was the best in YEARS. Amazing. And I'm sure everyone will agree that Brooke provided us with the best expressions by far *.* Meme material right here!

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 12th April 2019, 10:21 PM
Post #14
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Omg yes, best part of an AMAZING Untucked was a clearly tipsy Brooke's Miranda-esque fourth wall looks to the camera rotf.gif I don't get the lack of personality critiques fans give her because I think that whilst she's subdued, she is really warm and likeable and relatable, I just want to see it translate to some kind of comedy challenge.

QUOTE(Conanderella @ Apr 12 2019, 10:25 PM) *
Yvie has just skyrocketed to my all-time RPDR faves after this episode alone. What a FIERCE combination of talent, charisma, uniqueness and nerve it takes to do THAT on the runway when rehearsing the runway (which btw was pointless as no one took any notes and applied them in the ACTUAL runway lmao). Silky got completely demolished by the Yvie truck. That fire, the will to do whatever it f***ing takes. She's an unstoppable force and it's extremely hard to argue with that. Weak one-note hoes like Silky KNOW it so they try to push buttons instead of upping their own game and win this fair and square.

As far as Yvie's "problem with delivery" goes I think it's absolute bullshit now. She laughs the most when being made fun of, never makes excuses and always accepts critiques. Granted, she's yet to properly fall into the bottom but still, she took that Ball critique which was pretty negative and accepted it. I think everyone else who takes even the tiniest offence to what she says just needs to 1. step up their game and match Yvie 2. stop being so self-centered, stubborn and close-minded.

I'm so triggered by this episode and utterly inspired by Yvie at the same time right now not gonna lie.

Ra'Jah and Silky came off like absolute utter IDIOTS with no self respect this week. I'm not even sure who's worse now. Or if there even were queens who are worse than those two.

Exactly!! I thought the same about Ra'Jah and Silky, I know I made a post saying that Silky was the most unlikeable but Ra'Jah is definitely down there too, there's just nothing redeemable I can think of for either. I'm yet to really enjoy anything Silky has worn, or particularly enjoyed any of her challenge performances, Ra'Jah had a couple of decent outfits and a couple of serviceable lipsyncs.

Silky to Yvie just seems like she's so wrapped up in her paegant bubble that she can't see other types of drag of valid, or indeed criticisms of her clearly so flawless "style" (or lack of). It's beyond a terrible attitude to have that she just ignores challenge briefs or criticisms and does what she wants because she clearly thinks her paegant drag is so above everything. Like the actual DELUSION to see Yvie, Brooke, Plastique, Akeria, Nina and Ra'Jah as the top/bottom group and think that Yvie will be bottom 2 and go?!

+Quote this post
p a v
post 12th April 2019, 10:32 PM
Post #15
Group icon

Definitely. It'd have been fine if she'd JUST thought that someone else's drag is not something she enjoys but Silky is praising her own TIRED ASS 2006 PAGEANT drag like it's the second coming. It's indeed always one solid piece of fabric at the end of the day. Nothing different, nothing exciting, nothing fresh. She's the equivalent of Ellie Goulding really

This post has been edited by Conanderella: 12th April 2019, 10:33 PM

+Quote this post
Linds.
post 12th April 2019, 11:36 PM
Post #16
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,176

I did love Plastiques runway but Yvie was R O B B E D!!

she showed more personality stuck on that hay stack than half of the girls on that stage, plus her runway look was absolutely stunning, the COLOURS!! my fave of hers yet for sure

+Quote this post
Oliver
post 13th April 2019, 12:22 PM
Post #17
Group icon
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
User: 15,367

Glad Plastique finally got a win but I can’t at it being another corset! laugh.gif

I’m definitely in the minority in that I don’t really care for Yvie’s delivery of critiques. I mean she started that argument with Vanjie; Vanjie even said that she only picked Yvie because she critiqued her and knew it was true, in a non-serious answer to RuPaul..

I just think there is a time and place and sometimes Yvie just critiques without thinking “wait should I just keep it to myself and tell them later on” rather than “everyone is sat together I’m going to critique you now”.

As much as a dislike Silky, I actually think her reasoning (that Yvie was injured) is fairly valid after what we saw with Eureka when she injured her knee, but why did Yvie then have to say that she did more with her injured ankle that Silky could ever do, as if to say that Silky can’t do what Yvie does. That to me isn’t a critique, it’s saying that she’s better than Silky and that is no different to Silky thinking she’s better than everyone.

I’m obviously watching a different show to the rest of you as I think Yvie, Silky and Rajah are definitely the worst three for not being able to take critiques. It might be a case of Yvie not getting bad critiques from the judges yet so I’ll sit to see if she’s ever in the bottom to see how she reacts, and I’m happy to be proven wrong.

+Quote this post
p a v
post 13th April 2019, 08:51 PM
Post #18
Group icon

QUOTE(Oliver @ Apr 13 2019, 03:22 PM) *
Glad Plastique finally got a win but I can’t at it being another corset! laugh.gif

I’m definitely in the minority in that I don’t really care for Yvie’s delivery of critiques. I mean she started that argument with Vanjie; Vanjie even said that she only picked Yvie because she critiqued her and knew it was true, in a non-serious answer to RuPaul..

I just think there is a time and place and sometimes Yvie just critiques without thinking “wait should I just keep it to myself and tell them later on” rather than “everyone is sat together I’m going to critique you now”.

As much as a dislike Silky, I actually think her reasoning (that Yvie was injured) is fairly valid after what we saw with Eureka when she injured her knee, but why did Yvie then have to say that she did more with her injured ankle that Silky could ever do, as if to say that Silky can’t do what Yvie does. That to me isn’t a critique, it’s saying that she’s better than Silky and that is no different to Silky thinking she’s better than everyone.

I’m obviously watching a different show to the rest of you as I think Yvie, Silky and Rajah are definitely the worst three for not being able to take critiques. It might be a case of Yvie not getting bad critiques from the judges yet so I’ll sit to see if she’s ever in the bottom to see how she reacts, and I’m happy to be proven wrong.

i'm fairly sure this was something along the lines of "Yvie did more with an injury than Silky could ever do if she had it as well". because you don't just give up or make excuses or blame someone else for your shortcomings or other obstacles. Of which both Ra'Jah and Silky did plenty.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 13th April 2019, 10:21 PM
Post #19
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Yvie could have every bone in her body broken and still do more than Silky laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Linds.
post 13th April 2019, 11:26 PM
Post #20
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,176

I mean she's not wrong but I think it was more that they are so different in their style of drag and what they do to perform - yvie has her weird style and body contortions whereas silky has her uh... awful personality and basic pageant girl looks whilst pushing the fact shes a plus sized queen down our throats. (im all for a plus sized girl but why cant nina wave that flag this season??) Silky can't do what Yvie does but Yvie probs could do the bold pageant style drag if she wanted to. She has a unique talent and style and doesn't need to rely on her personality or body type to give her an edge in the competition, her skills come through on the runway and in the challenges and this week's look showed she has versatility but is still able to maintain her individuality.

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 02:15 AM