BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The X Factor Australia ● Series 8, Adam, Iggy, Guy and Mel
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Liаm
post Sep 6 2016, 03:56 AM
Post #1
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
The full panel of Adam Lambert, Iggy Azalea, Guy Sebastian and Mel B has been revealed so I thought I'd start a separate thread for this!

I like the panel, I miss Mel's judging style although I am not looking forward to her as a mentor again laugh.gif Then again she can't be as bad as Dannii Minogue, having 3 of the 4 favourites to win and losing them all by like week 6 because every week was full of awful song choices from her. Oh well, still looking forward to this as I generally find it to be higher quality talent wise than our version and less contrived, although I felt last series' panel was way off and the talent pool was much weaker than usual (Michaela, Natalie, Louise and Jess & Matt aside) - how on earth did Mahalia and Big T make top 5? drama.gif

There appears to be some kind of twist to Mel's appearance though, she's being labelled as "the underdog judge" and I assume by now they've filmed auditions with the previously announced 3 judges. Apparently she'll get contestants that the other 3 don't take through, so I guess it's going to be like a wildcard category. Also I assume with just 3 judges we'll be losing the boy/girl split and they'll just have under 25s, over 25s and groups, and then to make up for the extra competition in the under 25s Mel can take the ones that get lost there. I've seen it labelled as "Next Generation" though and they can't mean judges because they've got Guy and Mel back. So maybe it's younger people only to find a star from an upcoming generation and that explains the category drop, but that would be a shit given that the likes of Dami, Reigan and Samantha were all overs. Idk, we don't know a lot about it but I hope that the category change is just merging boys and girls, not dropping the overs.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Martyn
post Sep 7 2016, 10:40 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 66
I think it's a male/female/group split. Rather than unders/overs/groups.

X Factor AU feels so much better than the UK one by a long shot.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Oct 17 2016, 12:42 AM
Post #3
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
God I hate Adam Lambert as a judge. There's just something so off about him, I expected him to be much warmer and more likeable. His top 3 is abysmal, I feel like Isiah will crack under the pressure and Amalia's tone and hypercorrect pronunciation is so irritating. Melissa is very good but she's just Marlisa part 2. I feel like he was very harsh to Bailey, Maddison and Ivy and set them up to fall, it was so obvious they wouldn't keep their seats. I guess this stage if the competition is just brutal when they have to cut 9 contestants but I don't see why he bothered giving them seats when he clearly didn't believe in them and was waiting to swap them... Assuming Mel takes one from each category, I hope she takes Maddison or Ivy. Please not Vlado, the crowd's reaction to him just because he's hot was ridiculous, he can't sing :/

By contrast I'm loving Iggy! She has the perfect combination of likeable and warm personality with being firm and outspoken. Hopefully she chooses at least one of Chai or Beats and then Brentwood Duo, she'd have a strong chance with those.

+Quote this post
Serg
post Oct 18 2016, 12:55 PM
Post #4
Group icon
I'm so into you, I can barely breathe
User: 22,662
Mel B will win lol

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Oct 20 2016, 01:10 AM
Post #5
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
Guy's top 3... God give me strength. Thank god he kept Chyna but wtf was he doing swapping out Ruby?! She gave possibly the best performance of the seat challenge overall, perhaps because I really didn't expect that! Ughhhh. At least that Zebulen creature isn't in the final 3, honestly one of the most grating voices I've heard on any talent show.

If I were Mel I'd snatch Ruby, Ivy/Maddison and Beatz. I love Montage more than Beatz but I think with a bit of work Beatz will outdo them, although I'm not sure Mel is the best one for that so I think she's probably better off taking the ones who are already there like Ruby (no question, I'll be furious if she doesn't!) and Ivy. Maddison would be better actually being put through in the first place instead of bloody Amalia but there we go laugh.gif Mel could do very well with Ivy and Ruby sure, they are already there as I said so a bit of input and a few live shows to make an impact and they could be serious contenders. Not least because the others made such stupid choices! The talent across the auditions was just insane, and there are so many who lost out sad.gif Of the top 12 so far, I only really give a shit about Montage and Chyna, so I'm hoping Mel picks up Ruby and either Ivy or Maddison.

+Quote this post
Martyn
post Oct 22 2016, 11:47 AM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
I'm really confused by the categories. Groups, under 21's and over 22. Why not groups, male and female? I think this will be a bit like last years UK show as it is going to be shorter (hence doing the USA style of missing out judges houses). Too many double eliminations to deal with the reduced episode count.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Oct 22 2016, 01:26 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
Yeah I thought that, it's not like it would have been anymore brutal because there are 3 girls and 3 boys anyway, although it obviously would have been different if say Guy just had girls and Adam just had boys. 22 just feels a random age to cap the overs at, I think they wanted to fill up the younger category with teenagers mostly (well, actually they all are) rather than risk the likes of Ruby for example taking up their slots. With them going on about the

Also one act from each category goes home tomorrow, all public vote. I'm not sure I like that, what if there was say the 3 overs in the top 5, and one of them goes, that wouldn't be fair at all :/ God knows who it will be, I feel like for Iggy it will be Montage and maybe Melissa for Adam, probably one of the guys for Guy I can't imagine Chyna would go yet. Mel it depends but I feel like this twist could wreck the series, it seems too much too soon.

+Quote this post
Lukuzz
post Oct 22 2016, 04:08 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Paradise With Ice Cream Skies♥
User: 1,209
Really enjoying this, loving Adam & Iggy on the panel. Just fully caught up today. Happy with most of the choices although R Guy picked some weird ones! Hoping Mel gets some good ones, looking forward to. The lives even though there getting rid of too many at once!

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Oct 23 2016, 12:59 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
I'm yet to watch the live show, but Mel has chosen Beatz, Maddison and Vlado :/ WHY DID SHE NOT PICK RUBY FFS. I thought she'd have one for each category but I did feel like Ruby isn't a very Mel pick so I don't think she would have anyway sad.gif Vlado is absolutely terrible, if he didn't look like he did he wouldn't have got anywhere near this stage.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Oct 23 2016, 09:26 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
Fairly good first live show, my quick thoughts:

01 AYA 9.5/10 (incredible, their harmonies are so tight and individually they are amazing vocalists and all shine)
02 Chynna 8.5/10 (the song choice was a bit too karaoke and dated but her voice is so good it brings everything to life <3)
03 Melissa 8.5/10 (if she wins she'll be Marlisa pt II but I cannot argue with that knock out performance!)
04 Maddison 7.5/10 (wrong song for me, the arrangemnt was odd for it but she has SO much talent and I'll be mad if this one mistake from Mel costs her her place in the competition)
05 Isaiah 7/10 (he was never my favourite but that was suh a good song choice and one I'd never have thought of!)
06 Beatz 7/10 (decent but they scream first boot, I'm worried they may clinch votes over Maddison though)
07 Brentwood 7/10 (I agree it wasn't te best song chocie so the performance suffered, but their voices <3 <3)
08 Davey 6.5/10 (quite dated 2010 5th placed over teas but he does have a great voice and gives it his all every time)
09 Vlado 6/10 (not as bad as I expected, but I just don't lke this sort of singer who gets through on looks and has not a lot of actual vocal talent.)
10 Timmy 6/10 (Guy was right, he has a tedency to come across like he's busking and he definitely did this time :/)
11 Amalia 6/10 (totally agree with Mel, you can't fault her vocals really but it was SO boring. A totally cliched song performed exactly as you'd expect it zzz.gif I get the feeling she'll just do this sort of thing every single week too)
12 Time and Place 3/10 (absolute mess. Totally the wrong choice, a boyband like this should not even go near Twenty One Pilots :/ I mean yeah give allowances for them not being together long but that was just a shambles, it was as if that was a spontaneous first perf they'd only rehearsed for an hour laugh.gif)

Hopefully Time & Place, Amalia, Timmy and Vlado go but it will be T&P, Isaiah, Timmy and probably Maddison sadly.

+Quote this post
...ready for it
post Oct 23 2016, 09:34 PM
Post #11
Group icon
I'm not asleep, my mind is alive.
Pronouns: she/her
User: 1,454
It figures that Mel B didn't choose Ivy. Vlado is so basic.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Oct 24 2016, 10:41 AM
Post #12
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
Those results were an absolute mess, I agree with Timmy and Time and Place but f***ing WOW at Natalie, she was favourite to win laugh.gif I mean I didn't think she would win, she feels like a Lidl Marlisa despite probably having a more powerful voice than Marlisa I just don't really feel anything from her. I'm not hugely surprised at Maddison but I am pretty gutted, I'd argue talent wise she was actually the best. I couldn't even begin to hazard a guess at who'll win but I hope it isn't Amalia :/ I feel like because it's so rushed anyone could randomly win like on The Voice when it's often kinda random and odd who wins.

+Quote this post
Martyn
post Oct 25 2016, 09:45 AM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
The backlash to the 4 elimination is hilarious.

The group performance of the Top 12 was so good. Simon needs to take notes for the UK version.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Oct 31 2016, 12:01 PM
Post #14
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
Isaiah has this won. That Let It Be performance was ridiculous, I'm not a fan at all but I had chills! It's a shame AYA went after a stunning week 1 performance but last night was kinda awful. I still can't to a lot of this bunch though, Amalia was better this week but I just don't like her tone much. Chynna was vocally on point but the performance was a mess, what was with the clubland version of a U2 track... Isaiah is probably the only one I really enjoyed this week! Mel's absolutely horrific mentoring reared its ugly head with Beatz, they were slaying If You Love Me and then Whip My Hair kicked in... vlado needs to go next, his voice is painful and Mel really uncovered that giving him an Ariana song :/

+Quote this post
Serg
post Nov 1 2016, 03:26 PM
Post #15
Group icon
I loved Amalia, she's my favourite so far. Beatz were much beter when they were on couple of years ago?

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Nov 2 2016, 01:42 AM
Post #16
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
Beatz were SO much better last time, yes sad.gif Nothing they've done so far this year has been anywhere near their first audition from 2014... I feel like maybe they're one of those acts that needs the exact right mentoring, and Mel just isn't a good enough mentor for that lmao. She needed acts like Ruby and Ivy who were already pretty much there, there's too much to be done wtih Beatz (same went for Maddison). And tbf no amount of mentoring will hide the fact Vlado can't sing, and making him sing a song by one of the best vocalists in pop today certainly doesn't help :')

I can't see past an Isaiah and Amalia top 2, maybe one of the two overs 3rd (probably Davey because if they carry on with Chynna how they are she is f***ed). I quite like Brentwood but I can feel them slipping and doing an AYA with a bad song choice soon, they have the talent for sure but they aren't the sort of talented act you can hit with just any song, I feel like it would go wrong fairly easily for them because of their style.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Nov 7 2016, 10:44 AM
Post #17
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
Jesus this is worse than our series!!!

Brentwood straight out, Chynna losing to f***ING BEATZ in the sing off. Mercy was totally the wrong song but again proves you can't trust the public as they chose it... I am kinda resenting their presence now, they just aren't good enough. But then again nor is anyone else left tbf, I am kind of liking Amalia now, her performance this week was by far the best. Beatz give me Nicole Franzel BBUS teas, they were better the first time but they do so much better this time.... That's my two faves of the season they've knocked out though so maybe I'm just bitter.

Vlado cannot sing a note, he makes the likes of Ryan and Emily on our version look like vocal powerhouses to rival Whitney Houston rotf.gif

+Quote this post
Serg
post Nov 7 2016, 07:25 PM
Post #18
Group icon
I'm sad how much they've ruined XFactor in OZ. I mean getting Azalea as a judge was a disaster in the start.

For me it was the most interesting XF edition and now it's just a terrible mess, reminds me of UK from last year, very rushed.

Also bye at Iggy losing all her acts in week 3.

+Quote this post
Martyn
post Nov 7 2016, 08:57 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
This is a mess. 7 are pretty much done with the show now. Not sure if it will be back. They clearly haven't learnt from the UK version last year.

+Quote this post
kye
post Nov 7 2016, 11:57 PM
Post #20
Group icon
• aesthetic party •
User: 2,169
I've just checked out a few performances on Youtube having never really got into it.. Most of the acts are head & shoulders above ours.

The choreo & vocals from Beatz just puts 4 of Diamonds to shame. Vlado has a good pop voice, nothing extraordinary but he has a good tone.
I wish their panel was our panel but with Nicole taking Iggy's place sad.gif

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:27 AM