BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
13 Pages V  « < 11 12 13  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The X Factor ● Series 12 ● Live Show 1, Theme: "This Is Me" · Guests: Ben, Ellie and Little Mix
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
JosephBoone
post 1st November 2015, 10:12 PM
Post #241
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

QUOTE(Martyn @ Nov 1 2015, 10:09 PM) *
Probably because nobody knew what it was.

Speaking of songs nobody knew. What did Alien sing in the sing off?

Yes, no-one knew that #2 hit from the other week.

Alien performed Frankie Knuckles - The Pressure ~
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 1st November 2015, 10:15 PM
Post #242
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116

Speaking of songs nobody knew. What did Alien sing in the sing off?

The Pressure by Frankie Knuckles.

edit: what Joseph said

This post has been edited by gooddelta: 1st November 2015, 10:15 PM

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post 1st November 2015, 10:18 PM
Post #243
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 14,043

I highly doubt that was their reasoning for slipping it in laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 1st November 2015, 10:55 PM
Post #244
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 12,608

I was rooting for Kiera over Alien after that sing-off performance, I love Alien but I don't think they can provide the future "moment" that Kiera may be able to - I think they've already peaked. That said I did see this downfall coming for Kiera weeks ago, I just don't think she has that likeability and is overall a bit bland - although even I thought she'd last a couple of weeks before falling into a sing-off. She doesn't have the performance skills of an Alexandra/Fleur, she doesn't quite have the vocals of Louisa (although still fantastic of course), she doesn't have her own niche like Monica seems like she may have and she doesn't have the likeability of Lauren and Louisa in particular.

I agree there is potential for Kiera but she's on too much of a back foot compared to Louisa, and I think Monica has stolen Kiera's "beta girl" status (Sofabet reference sorry). And Lauren's fanbase is definitely there considering she survived the Strictly clash and mediocre song choice. We'll see if the producers fancy keeping Kiera around with a late performance slot and a stripped back vocal performance next week, if she doesn't get that then I think she's probably a goner next week unfortunately.

+Quote this post
Calum
post 1st November 2015, 11:30 PM
Post #245
Group icon
nabad
User: 18,316

Kiera was disappointing last night, but she is a good singer, so good to see Alien Uncovered going because they were shit anyway. Bupsi was fun, but probably best to get rid of all the driftwood early on. Just Reggie n' Bollie to go now.

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 1st November 2015, 11:30 PM
Post #246
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,988

The right 2 going considering Alien did probably the most put-offish song you could get away with on X factor. Kiera being bottom 3 was no surprise either.

Max avoiding the bottom 3 should worry all of those who don't want another boring male winner, they basically gave him a noose of a song and production and he seemingly sailed through it.

Re-watching Mason's performance he actually did a very good job, the dancing was pretty slick and he looked pretty convincing as a male popstar. If he had been a guest performer and done that with a bit more production value and the dancers with him from the start it would have been more than acceptable.

This post has been edited by sammy01: 1st November 2015, 11:32 PM

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 1st November 2015, 11:45 PM
Post #247
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Max seems to have gathered a genuine fanbase. Probably down to how harsh Simon was with him during 6 Chair Challenge (there's harsh, then there's just evil!). He seems to be an underdog and in all honesty, it wouldn't surprise me if he came 2nd in the votes (behind 4th Impact) and has a Janet Devlin sort of decline in popularity.

+Quote this post
troylovesmusic
post 1st November 2015, 11:48 PM
Post #248
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,179

QUOTE(Jonjoltergeist👻 @ Nov 1 2015, 11:45 PM) *
Max seems to have gathered a genuine fanbase. Probably down to how harsh Simon was with him during 6 Chair Challenge (there's harsh, then there's just evil!). He seems to be an underdog and in all honesty, it wouldn't surprise me if he came 2nd in the votes (behind 4th Impact) and has a Janet Devlin sort of decline in popularity.
Lol I wouldn't go that far he will probably be gone in the next 2 weeks or so.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 2nd November 2015, 12:21 AM
Post #249
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

Little Mix were superb tonight heart.gif Ellie was also really good!

Absolutely gutted about the exits though. I really like Bupsi and Alien were in my top 2 favourites sad.gif They were so fun and original. And Keira bottom 3 as well when she is also in my top 3 sad.gif Awful results.

+Quote this post
Noahspike
post 2nd November 2015, 02:53 AM
Post #250
Group icon
There's a frisbee in my brunch
User: 19,860

Just read through the thread after catching up with the results earlier. So relieved Kiera was saved as she has so much potential and it'd be a real shame to have lost her based on one underwhelming performance. Alien Uncovered were impressive last night but it was always going to be an uphill battle for them as everything about them isn't suited to the show/its voting demographic, so I'm not too fussed and certainly not surprised to see them out early. And poor aul' Bupsehhh. sad.gif

QUOTE(Jonjoltergeist👻 @ Nov 1 2015, 12:04 PM) *
Mason and Kiera suffered from the songs being in the wrong keys for them, which is a shame and Kiera could be in trouble due to that, but her save me song will hopefully be better than Bupsi or Alien's.

Nice work! magic.gif
QUOTE(HausofKubrick @ Nov 1 2015, 02:25 PM) *
I really loved Alien Uncovered - i wanted them to do well before the performance anyway but they certainly delivered. I found it very uncomfortable that they kept mentioning that they're British and they're proud they're a British band.. was it back-handed shade to 4th Impact?? unsure.gif
Hope she's ok! ohmy.gif

Very late response to this but I took all that talk to be in reference to a comment Simon (?) made during the Six Chair Challenge about them singing American songs/not feeling like a British act. Your interpretation may have been a factor too though (unfortunately). sleep.gif

QUOTE(Halloqween @ Nov 1 2015, 08:55 PM) *
Now get your ass in gear Rita and pick her a good sing next week

I really don't think it was the song that was the problem for Kiera. With a simpler arrangement closer to the original and less going on with the staging/styling etc, I don't see why it couldn't have worked wonders for her. She's got such a strong, clear vocal and the song seems perfect on paper so it was a real disappointment that it didn't all click.

I really hope she and Rita/the producers sort out her artistic identity this week because she really has all the makings of a viable popstar. sleep.gif

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 2nd November 2015, 04:12 AM
Post #251
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
User: 3,217

I'm relieved that Kiera was saved. Even though I preferred Alien's performance yesterday, they were pretty dreadful in the sing-off whereas Kiera really upped her game and showed off her potential. Like Noah says, I hope Rita & Kiera get to work and hopefully she'll pull it out of the bag next week.

By the way, I completely missed Six Chair, and I just watched Kiera's performance from that round. Wow. I hope that Kiera can make an appearance next week!

~

Little Mix were fantastic *.*, Ellie was surprisingly mediocre. It seems her song doesn't translate very well live.

+Quote this post
Houdini
post 2nd November 2015, 01:54 PM
Post #252
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,725

QUOTE(JosephStyles @ Nov 1 2015, 10:12 PM) *
Yes, no-one knew that #2 hit from the other week.

Not everyone is obsessed with/follows the charts you know. I follow the charts myself and didn't even know straight away that it was the new One Direction song.

----------------

Simon had me in hysterics when he said "Alien Nation" laugh.gif but I think it was the right decision to save Kiera. I knew from Saturday that Bupsi would be in the bottom two and when they said at the beginning of the show that 2 acts would be eliminated I knew that Bupsi would be the first person to go.

+Quote this post
RobBot
post 2nd November 2015, 04:20 PM
Post #253
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117

Yeah, to be fair, none of the five people (including me until the chorus came about) knew what was being sung in that group performance, blank expressions when one of my mates (who isn't the best with music outside of RnB to be fair) asked what it was after about 10 seconds.

Interested to see what happens next week but I'm getting Rachel Adedeji feels from Keira now, in terms of how she's gonna do.

+Quote this post
jakewild
post 2nd November 2015, 04:24 PM
Post #254
Group icon
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
User: 2,790

just been sent a clip of the girl singing God only know, oh my god 💕

+Quote this post

13 Pages V  « < 11 12 13