BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
25 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> FSR Rontvia National Thread 3.0, 164: Sophie Straat & Metropole Orkest - Gebroken Spiegels
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
diva thin muffin
post 2nd April 2018, 06:34 PM
Post #321
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Pronouns: he/him
User: 12,837

I hope Mosquetania giving 18 points to their neighbours to the south doesn't get filed under diaspora because we REALLY love this song! biggrin.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Silas
post 2nd April 2018, 08:37 PM
Post #322
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

Second time FSR should have been the tie break winner. The stings on this absolutely kill me wub.gif

My 18 will be tagged as bloc voting, but idc coz it's a stunning song sung beautifully.

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 15th April 2018, 09:45 PM
Post #323
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116

French duo serve electro swing fun for 104th contest

After Freya Ridings was pipped to the post by the smallest of margins in the last contest, FSR Rontvia have quickly regrouped ready for the 104th contest in New Lexico and selected We Are What We Are (Wolfgang Lohr Remix) by French electro swing DJ duo Bart & Baker and The Billy Bros Orchestra. The first time we have ever dabbled in this genre, the track has already been a huge domestic hit, replacing Freya Ridings at No.1 in the Rontvian Spotify chart last week and staying on top for a second week in the chart announced today.

Ricardo Delta from the RTVN said: "Electro swing is not a genre that Rontvia is known for sending by any means but the second we heard this track we fell in love instantly. A great example of its genre, its like Doop meets will.i.am's Bang Bang. It's obviously a completely different ball game to Lost Without You, which was one of the most beautiful tracks we'd ever sent and we are still so proud of its success. This time we're bringing something more fun to the contest and we hope that it finds some fans in the first semi final."

This post has been edited by gooddelta: 15th April 2018, 09:46 PM

+Quote this post
Brer
post 15th April 2018, 09:59 PM
Post #324
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

I read this as 'Bart Baker' (as in the absurdist YouTuber / parody song maker) when I saw the semis and thought SURELY not. laugh.gif

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 3rd May 2018, 06:52 PM
Post #325
Group icon
Hello?

The RTVN delegation are at Union Chapel in Islington tonight seeing Freya Ridings live <3 quite a huge crowd here actually, didn’t know anyone had heard of her! Rontvian tie-break loser impact *.*

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 17th May 2018, 01:04 PM
Post #326
Group icon
Hello?

Millie Turner comes out of the shadows for 105

17-year-old Millie Turner from Hackney, East London will represent FSR Rontvia in the 105th Buzzjack Song Contest, which is being held in Niceland. The Shadow debuted at No.1 in FSR Rontvia last week with huge sales after it went viral and picked up millions of Spotify streams.

Ricardo Delta from the RTVN said: “The Shadow is a breathtaking pop song. We knew this was something special from the moment we heard it and we just had to send it. The pulsating bassline transports you to another place but Millie’s charming vocal style soon brings you right back, especially the fabulous spoken second verse. It's a very classy and catchy production.”

Taking part in the second semi-final, The Shadow follows We Are What We Are by Bart & Baker, which exceeded expectations by finishing in 15th place in BJSC 104.

+Quote this post
Addy!
post 17th May 2018, 01:07 PM
Post #327
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666

Classic Rontvia heart.gif

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 17th May 2018, 02:11 PM
Post #328
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

Omg I LOVE The Shadow, yasss at you sending this Rich 😍😍

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 17th May 2018, 08:15 PM
Post #329
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308

Love this!

+Quote this post
Brer
post 18th May 2018, 10:35 PM
Post #330
Group icon

This is a really great pop song, heard it a few months back via PopJustice and still sounding fab now. Another crack at the contest returning to Rontvia methinks...

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 21st May 2018, 04:18 PM
Post #331
Group icon
Hello?

QUOTE(¡ʎpp∀ @ May 17 2018, 02:07 PM) *
Classic Rontvia heart.gif

QUOTE(UltraReputation @ May 17 2018, 03:11 PM) *
Omg I LOVE The Shadow, yasss at you sending this Rich 😍😍

QUOTE(Cody💧Slayberry @ May 17 2018, 09:15 PM) *
Love this!

<3

QUOTE(Bré @ May 18 2018, 11:35 PM) *
This is a really great pop song, heard it a few months back via PopJustice and still sounding fab now. Another crack at the contest returning to Rontvia methinks...

Yassss <3 I didn't realise it had been in PJSC, I heard the track via a Spotify recommendation only a couple of weeks back and it was instant love. Lead to a rare reconfirmation for me in fact, it takes a lot for me to change my mind once I've confirmed but I felt this was worth it.

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 10th July 2018, 08:43 AM
Post #332
Group icon
Hello?

A Mediterranean summer scorcher for 106

Italian legend Dolcenera will represent FSR Rontvia at the 106th BJSC, held in Land of DW, with Un Altro Giorno Sulla Terra. The nation’s first ever Italian language entry, it has been at No.1 in FSR Rontvia for five of the last six weeks, breaking temporarily in the middle to give Girlfriend by Christine and the Queens a week in control.

Ricardo Delta from the RTVN said: “I first heard Un Altro Giorno Sulla Terra while out shopping in the local village Fulgatore at the end of May when holidaying in Sicily.

“It won me over immediately, especially when the sun-drenched middle eight instrumental dance break storms in, sounding like a summer carnival in Brazil – which is where the video to the track was filmed.

“I added the track to the nation’s biggest radio and Spotify playlists and it took off immediately. The legendary Dolcenera, who has both served as a coach on The Voice of Italy and participated in the nation’s famous Sanremo festival on multiple occasions, said she would be delighted to represent FSR Rontvia.”

The unrivalled song of the summer in FSR Rontvia, Un Altro Giorno Sulla Terra currently sits at No.3 in the nation’s year-to-date chart.

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 11th August 2018, 08:57 PM
Post #333
Group icon
Hello?

Be Yourself, urges South African dance act

Following a disappointing DNQ last month with Dolcenera's marvellous summer anthem - still top 10 in the Rontvian charts after 12 weeks - the nation is hoping for slightly better things this month with our entry to BJSC 107 in Fljótavík, Be Yourself by Goodluck feat Boris Smith.

A renowned South African dance act who have scored numerous huge hits in their home country, Goodluck follow in the footsteps of compatriots DJ Kent, Goldfish, Timo Odv and Black Motion, fellow South African dance acts that have all represented FSR Rontvia in BJSC over the last five years.

Ricardo Delta from the RTVN said: "Be Yourself is a motivational and uplifting anthem that we fell for on first listen, it's an emphatic and catchy little house track with a feel-good message and a memorable video with the potential to go viral - a great reminder that people should throw caution to the wind and do what they want with their lives.

"Singer Juliet Harding has a really distinct voice that wraps itself beautifully around a pulsating, melodic bassline and it's no surprise that the song has been one of the biggest hits of the summer in FSR Rontvia. We hope it resonates with everyone else too and, regardless, we will continue to push the brilliant dance music that comes out of South Africa but so rarely gets the opportunity to be heard by a wider international audience."

The original mix featuring on Goodluck's 2016 album The Nature Within, Be Yourself was given a single remix and released in March this year in South Africa before recently being picked up by Armada Music and released internationally, with a series of new edits available.

The South African radio mix, which doubles up as the international extended mix, is being sent to the contest by FSR Rontvia and the track is currently spending a third week at No.1 in the nation's Spotify chart, on its seventh week in the top 10.

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 12th September 2018, 08:23 AM
Post #334
Group icon
Hello?

A dream entry for 108

For our maiden, long-awaited voyage to Summericia, FSR Rontvia has returned to Turkey, for only the second time after Şahane Bir Şey Yaşamak finished top 10 for Yaşar Gaga last summer.

Unlike that entry, however, Dream by Yusuf Can Kurt & Emircan Hattat feat La Dee Eda is performed entirely in English.

Ricardo Delta from the RTVN explains the choice: "When we first heard Dream we immediately fell in love with it. It's a contemporary piano house style track with a sprinkling of Turkish heritage thanks to the traditional instrumentation involved, which is based on a sample from Sezen Aksu’s 1988 single Seni Istiyorum.

“Dream climbed to No.1 in FSR Rontvia this week, becoming our unprecedented eighth entry in a row to top the domestic charts, a run of form that has never been seen before. This shows that, despite a relatively mixed bag of results this year, the Rontvian public is getting behind the nation’s choices more than ever.

“We are still hoping for that elusive ninth win at some point after Freya Ridings came so close earlier this year but she is proving herself in the UK charts currently with Lost Without You and we really couldn’t be happier for her.”

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 14th October 2018, 11:12 AM
Post #335
Group icon
Hello?

World music from Latvia for 109

2018 has been a topsy-turvy year that has seen us come 2nd - massive congratulations to Freya Ridings on going top 10 in the UK with the stunning Lost Without You - and 6th, but has also seen us DNQ twice, including last month with the fantastic Dream.

Throwing caution to the wind, for the ninth contest of the year we head to Cor Lupus with some world music. Female six-piece Tautumeitas mark the first time we have ever turned to Latvia for an entry.

Ricardo Delta from the RTVN said: "Sadziedami is a stirring piece of ethno-pop that builds and builds to an uplifting crescendo and a wonderful drum outro that any Eastern European nation would be proud to climax their Eurovision entry with. Tautumeitas have a really unique style and voices that we love and they are great representatives for FSR Rontvia. We'd love to see the girls in the final and hope the entry finds some fans, we absolutely adore it."

Sadziedami has been No.1 in FSR Rontvia for two weeks so far and is the ninth entry in a row to top the domestic charts.

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 20th November 2018, 01:30 PM
Post #336
Group icon
Hello?

German classic for Aeroche CX

FSR Rontvia will this month be represented in Aeroche by German female pop-rap group Tic Tac Toe, with their 1997 single Warum? (Why?) which reached No.1 at the time in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. The track centres on Melanie, a close friend of the group's members, who had developed a drug addiction and died as a result of an overdose.

Ricardo Delta from the RTVN said: "While the German language may not on the face of it seem the most emotive in the world, this track proves otherwise. The lyrics and the desperation and anguish in the delivery of the vocals from Tic Tac Toe really resonate and you can feel the pain that the group's members are going through.

"Musically, while the original is an 'of its time' 90s R&B production, we have decided to send the Out of Space drum and bass style remix, which was also popular at the time and performed live on many occasions by the group. Its production holds up better today and we love the piano melody bubbling away in the background and coming into full flow towards the end of the track. Warum? has racked up tens of millions of Spotify streams in FSR Rontvia and is one of the biggest selling hits in the country in recent times."

+Quote this post
Addy!
post 20th November 2018, 04:56 PM
Post #337
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666

wub.gif

Brings me back to my teenage years...I love love Warum?, probably their second best for me after Verpiss' Dich.

Hopefully it slays!!!

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 20th November 2018, 05:16 PM
Post #338
Group icon
Hello?

I need to check out more of their material! This track stopped me in my tracks when I first heard it, even with my basic grasp of the German language.

+Quote this post
Brer
post 21st November 2018, 11:44 PM
Post #339
Group icon

Firmly back on the FSR train again this month heart.gif hope this can return you to success!

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 22nd November 2018, 03:23 PM
Post #340
Group icon
Hello?

QUOTE(Bré @ Nov 21 2018, 11:44 PM) *
Firmly back on the FSR train again this month heart.gif hope this can return you to success!

Woot, glad you like! I have everything crossed, but it's lovely to see some people taking to Warum? either way <3

+Quote this post

25 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 08:35 AM