BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Fljótavíkian Sounds, • �� •
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Hitstastic
post 22nd August 2011, 08:42 PM
Post #41
Group icon
Sundream
User: 10,347
To be totally honest, I'm gutted I'm not in SF2 as from quickly going through those tracks, there's a few more I like in SF2 compared to SF1 which I'm in. That said, SF1 does have quite a few decent tracks there.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Thom Spirit Kay
post 23rd August 2011, 06:51 AM
Post #42
Group icon
eat hot chip, be homosexual
User: 6,946
QUOTE(Dandy* @ Aug 22 2011, 09:31 PM) *
Really? If just one person likes it or at least keeps the mp3 then I shall be happy!

Ha at my choices being 'odd' though! I guess they don't really fit in with what everyone else is sending, although they're actually the more commercial side of my tastes I think. ohmy.gif

Your choices aren't odd, they're INSPIRED*

*still haven't heard Ljusĺr

+Quote this post
Thom Spirit Kay
post 24th August 2011, 10:26 PM
Post #43
Group icon
Finally heard Ljusĺr. It's good. But you should have sent this version:

I want that vinyl sad.gif

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 25th August 2011, 05:24 PM
Post #44
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54
I do like the Le Prix mix but it's actually about 8 minutes long and I didn't have enough time to do an edit of it before the deadline... I do actually much prefer the normal version now too but it takes quite a few listens I think.

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 29th August 2011, 10:23 AM
Post #45
Group icon
Mansonette
Alas Ljusĺr fell in the semi final stage in BJSC despite putting up a valiant fight for a band that is so unknown. Whilst Ljusĺr shall always remain dear to the Flótavíkian people, their failure cannot be ignored and consequently all band members have accordingly been summoned to the country's capital city for immediate execution.

They shall be tortured first, the chosen format of this torture will be to endure 24 hours of the entries from Kopečka and Herzebania so that their execution will seem a total relief.

+Quote this post
Freeze
post 29th August 2011, 02:16 PM
Post #46
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 8,394
That is horrendous!

I would've expected something like this from Ashton, but never from the Fljótavíkian government. I know a DNQ is harsh, but perhaps they don't deserve cold blooded execution, as the wrong semi could've been the conclusive contribution to their failure. Also Ljusĺr might create something evenly good or greater in the future. The Greenfroze embassy in Fljótavík recommend torture at best, just to motivate them into making music fit for final qualification.

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 29th August 2011, 03:05 PM
Post #47
Group icon
Mansonette
Yeah, I may let them off (plus I do want to buy their album so I guess I ought to at least wait until that's been released biggrin.gif )

By the way, Flótavík are VERY impressed by the Greenfroze entry this month, it may or may not have become the first BJSC entry to be downloaded as a single this week. wub.gif

+Quote this post
Freeze
post 30th August 2011, 12:25 AM
Post #48
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 8,394
QUOTE(Dandy* @ Aug 29 2011, 03:05 PM) *
Yeah, I may let them off (plus I do want to buy their album so I guess I ought to at least wait until that's been released biggrin.gif )

By the way, Flótavík are VERY impressed by the Greenfroze entry this month, it may or may not have become the first BJSC entry to be downloaded as a single this week. wub.gif

I hope you do! And I guess I should try to remember checking up on them at some point later on this year then, as I liked your entry Ljusĺr a lot this time as well. I know I gave it 5 points in the semi final, but it most certainly will grow on me some more I reckon, so for me to give it more points in a final despite the competition wouldn't be at all impossible.

Oh and that seems outmost promising! wub.gif Thank you! Living in my house is completely different from what I've ever sent before to this contest, but still a style of music I do quite enjoy. I'm glad you disovered something worth potentially purchasing - as a single and everything! biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 7th September 2011, 10:11 AM
Post #49
Group icon
Mansonette
The process of finding a new entry for the next BJSC has been suspended while I listen to the new Ljusĺr album, I suspect it's because I can't understand the lyrics (which are probably terrible) but I'm really liking it.

I didn't realise just how unknown Ljusĺr actually were, the top listeners on Last FM are almost exclusively Swedish or BJSC members! biggrin.gif

http://www.last.fm/music/Ljusĺr

In fact, their 6th most played song on LastFM last week was 'Ljusĺr (Fljótavík)'!!! biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 20th September 2011, 05:14 PM
Post #50
Group icon
Mansonette

After the traumatic experience that was dear Ljusĺr missing out on the final by number of 10s received, Fljótavík have opted to go with something more leftfield for their next entry. Naturally this means that it will be less likely to be to the tastes of voters but hopefully at least a couple of countries will enjoy it and it will at least be a discovery for more people.

Step forward Astrid Williamson and her Eno-esque track 'Pour'. It's one of the highlights from her recent album 'Pulse'.

EDIT: For the record, it made the final and finished 9th! Go Astrid! ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Ghosty.
post 20th September 2011, 07:37 PM
Post #51
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,886
Once again, I really like your entry and can't vote for it sad.gif Hopefully it'll get through to the final!

+Quote this post
Cal
post 26th October 2011, 07:12 PM
Post #52
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 5,964
I was really fond of your original entry and was quite gutted when you changed it. sad.gif But 'Together' has grown on me a lot! happy.gif

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 26th October 2011, 07:51 PM
Post #53
Group icon
Mansonette
I liked my original entry too but thought it would do awfully for some reason - I should have stuck with it shouldn't I? :/

Together is too much of a grower and I can't see people bothering to listen more than once. Boo. His. Etc.

+Quote this post
Cal
post 26th October 2011, 08:51 PM
Post #54
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 5,964
No, I think Together will do better than Birdsong would've done. It's lovely. biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 26th October 2011, 09:12 PM
Post #55
Group icon
Mansonette
Oh! I am surprised yet most pleased. ohmy.gif happy.gif

I've always been a huge fan of Patrick Wolf (one of my favourite artists of the past decade actually) and so it felt right to send something of his, plus it was fun to restructure the song too.

For the non mods among us, this is what I was going to send originally:

Hopefully you'll see where I got the Siobhan Donaghy comparisons from...

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 26th October 2011, 09:15 PM
Post #56
Group icon
Mansonette

It's a re-edit of a remix of his, the main change was cutting out a lot of the beats and adding the final chorus section as I felt it was structured better with it included again. I think it's a really simple and sweet lyric from him.

I can do this alone. But we can do this so much better. Together.

*swoon*

+Quote this post
Qween
post 26th October 2011, 09:19 PM
Post #57
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709
Oh I should have guessed you would be a SaintSaviour fan! Birdsong is lovely, but I think you went with the better choice of the 2. Woman Scorned is still SS' best moment I think though.

As for Patrick, Together is one of the best tracks on Lupercalia, The City, House and Slow Motion are the only ones I would rank higher.

+Quote this post
Thom Spirit Kay
post 26th October 2011, 09:23 PM
Post #58
Group icon
Saint Saviour is PERFECTION wub.gif Seen her live three times. Admittedly all of these were whilst she was supporting Hurts. I like Patrick a lot too though, so you're probably fine kink.gif

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 26th October 2011, 09:28 PM
Post #59
Group icon
Mansonette
I do hope so! I won't be totally gutted if he DNQs but I do absolutely adore him (he clearly is singing Together directly about me!) and I may die a little inside should he fail me. drama.gif

I am indeed a fan of SS, didn't realise she'd supported Hurts though - good gig! ohmy.gif I'm quite fond of both EPs from her so far and I also loved her stripped back take on Love Will Tear Us Apart too.

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 30th October 2011, 10:51 PM
Post #60
Group icon
Mansonette
Patrick so happy at the news of his qualification that he catches himself a new bird. Sqwark.

+Quote this post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 12:47 PM