BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Unovia, Celebration: My top 100 BJSC entries since BJSC XXXII
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Liаm
post 2nd November 2017, 03:54 AM
Post #21
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Some teasers before I start tomorrow!

- The top 20 actually features 20 different countries ohmy.gif I didn't even plan that for diversity or anything it just turned out like that! 21-24 do have songs in the top 20 though.
- 4 artists appear twice in this list. There is someone who is in the top 40 twice, but in different guises (I'd elaborate but it'd probably give away who it is).
- The top 40 only features 3 DNQs, but they are ridic devastating ones ;o
- The country with the most entries here has 7 songs, with 4 in the top 40.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 2nd November 2017, 12:35 PM
Post #22
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

91 FSR Rontvia: Olivia – I’m Not Your Lady
92 Daehun: Girls Generation - Gee
93 Persephonia: A-WA – Habib Galbi
94 Medhelnia: Clare Maguire – Elizabeth Taylor
95 Hendinia: That Poppy – Money
96 Ultraviolenceland: Kelsea Ballerini – Love Me Like You Mean It
97 United States Of Jack: Sabi – Wild Heart
98 Cadelicia: twenty one pilots – Trees
99 Herzebania: Britt Love – Come With Me
100 Botanikka: LP – Lost On You

Lost on You was something I didn’t appreciate enough in its contest, I remember hating it in the semis but I came around and gave it something like 6 points in the semis, but it made my end of year top 100 in the end! A lovely folky song that feels so honest with LP’s unique vocals.

Come With Me was brought to us by someone who went on to be a Unovia representative, and who follows me on twitter, goals x Fairly standard Scandipop sort of thing, even though the former Mini Viva star is of course British, but a lovely song through its irresistible melody.

Trees is by one of my absolute favourite acts, so some may expect it to be higher. It was Cadelicia’s debut to the contest, and they have gone on to become one of my fave BJSC countries. It’s not a fave 21p song of mine, but it is sonically intriguing (as is pretty much always the case with these guys) and lyrically incredible so I don’t always give it the credit it deserves.

Wild Heart was something I really wish I sent at the time, I think I found it the month before and then didn’t send it because I found something else, then it was sent the month after when I’d forgotten it and smashed, rightfully! It blends dubstep and a huge pop chorus really well.

Love Me Like You Mean It was a token country entry in its contest, and it was amazing to see it leading on the scoreboard during the reveal as I recall I was for a bit laugh.gif Sadly it finished way too low in the end, it’s a lovely sweet country song with an irresistible chorus.

Money is typical Hendinia – a huge pure pop BANGER. It was one of those songs I knew on first listen ws onto big things BJSC wise with its huge chorus, catchy melody and clever lyrics. All this from a girl who pretends to be some weird robot thing on Youtube, a woman of many talents x

Elizabeth Taylor is the most recent of the batch, as it is the winner before m incumbent winner Vulcano! Mullholland remixes a beautiful bare bones ballad that was painted by Clare’s uniquely emotive and powerful voice, transforming it to an all-out crying on the dancefloor anthem. You never know whether to belt it out, cry over the relatable memories it’ll flare up, dance or some odd mixture of all 3, but its easy to see why this was a landslide winner.

Habib Galbi is another winner, from a country we don’t often point in Persephonia. But when they get it right, they really do, and this was an example of that! Fusing trap with Arabic rhythms, this is a song you can’t equate to many things that have been in BJSC but its all the better for it. Despite not knowing a word of what they’re saying, I find myself mumbling along to try and “sing along” every time, absolute bop. There is also a Pitbull remix but nobody needs that x

Gee was certainly not a discovery as one of the biggest K-Pop songs ever, but it was pleasing to see it entered as a song I love to get even more recognition from people who may not follow K-Pop. A saccharine bubblegum pop, this is impossibly cute melody wise and that’s without the fun and colourful video that makes it one of the best received packages in K-Pop history. Unfortunately, BJSC didn’t take to it QUITE so much and it only came 32nd…

I’m Not Your Lady is another song from LXXV, just like Gee! This pop bop struck gold for Rontvia, with its classic BJSC sound (I feel like it could have won in like 2011), with the production perfectly complimenting Olivia’s impressive vocals that bounce around the track with exactly the amount of sass and control you’d expect from someone who’s telling someone that she isn’t their lady and they should jog on and dream on.

+Quote this post
Brer
post 2nd November 2017, 03:05 PM
Post #23
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

Hooray for A-WA sneaking in there *.* LP and twenty one pilots are fab as well x

+Quote this post
Jade
post 2nd November 2017, 10:17 PM
Post #24
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

'Habib Galbi' is definitely my highlight from this first batch! *.* It was the first song that I ever awarded 18 points to and is still my only top pointer that has gone on to win ohmy.gif What a result in my debut contest. The combo of the Israeli flair and bangin' beats was so standout and refreshing. A-WA really going up in the world with the Pitbull remix :cheeseblock:

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 7th November 2017, 06:03 PM
Post #25
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

81 Yehesi: Rochelle – All Night Young
82 Ramrynia: Demi Lovato – Unbroken
83 Oslol: Findlay – Electric Bones
84 D’yermak’er: Asta ft.Allday – Dynamite
85 Tinnmark: Gabrielle – Ring Meg
86 Hushkanukia: Jillea – Shattered
87 Mdice: Grimes – Oblivion
88 Jadakissnia: BO – Waqqaberry
89 FSR Rontvia: Lykke Li – Sadness Is A Blessing
90 St. Burbia: Alice Merton – No Roots

No Roots is a 2nd 2017 entry on this list, a “banging banger” (Jacob Alan, 2017). With her striking vocals (think Floence & The Machine if she was a bit more restrained), amazing production and lyrics befitting of her dual heritage it’s no surprise this was St. Burbia’s biggest hit to date. The explosive last bit gets me every time *.*
My first ever 12 pointer is next ohmy.gif Sadness Is A Blessing won the first contest I competed in, with its sombre and wistful tone and emotive lyrics winning over enough voters to overcome competition. Lykke’s voice is so stunning an always brings the most out of the lyrics whatever she sings!
Waqqaberry is also from 2017, and was one of my 18s! There’s just something so addictive about this, you don’t expect to hear this sort of random Youtube mix trap production with Arabic singing (this has a different feel to Habib Galbi) but it works so well and did well, coming 3rd*.*
Oblivion really kicked off my love for Grimes, with its unique vibe that only Grimes can really pull off. It feels quite witch house, spooky and odd but there’s always that pop sensibility even before Art Angels went even further into pop. Genesis is one of those songs where for ages, every listen I picked up something new to love about it!
Shattered is a typival big Hushky ballad, Jillea sings her heart out like she’s gonna shatter everything *.* This finished 17th in the semi and final, which is ofc consistency goals but that really wasn;’t high enough. This builds wonderfully but the best feature is definitely the vocals, which elevate the song to new levels.
Ring Meg is one of the catchiest things ever I S2g laugh.gif Of course it doesn’t quite match a certain song we’re yet to meet in this countdown (spoilers x) but the Norwegian language adds such a charm to the bouncy fun production of this pure pop song.
I shamefully don’t think I pointed Dynamite, it can’t have made much of an impression on me at first given that I went to send it a couple of months later when I re-discovered it and hit me, only to find in the songs of thread it had already been sent :/ Idk what I was thinking, the bouncy production paired with Asta’s almost icy voice makes this sound so cool and addictive, very H&M or Spotify playlist but in the best way, it’s the exact sort of amazing discovery you’d often make that way that keeps you looking in those places to replicate it.
The sole DNQ in this bunch is a SHAMEFUL one. How did you all let Electric Bones slip?! It would have been my 12 in that semi and would have maybe actually made it ☹ This reminds me of Kings & Queens, which was vetoed prior to it being sent but I finally managed to send this year. It’s so unique and uirky but it feels like it would appeal so widely, shame it didn’t :/
Unbroken isn’t quite one of my Demi faves, but she ofc has so many songs that I adore! At the time this was kind of unusual for her, eschewing pop rock and balladry for a huge dance-pop chorus emphasising bangery production (that IS the technical word x). Her huge vocals work so well with it so it’s no shock she moved further into that with song like Cool For The Summer and (less successfully) Neon Lights. Demi being entered as “recently” as 2011 feels v cheap, ah he days before veto framework ;o
All Night Long rounds this section off in a perfect poppy way! This was a 2nd 18 in a row for Yehesi from me, and a 2nd top 3 in a row also. A perfect dance-pop song, this was bang on trend and could easily have been a huge hit for any of the big pop girls.

+Quote this post
Jade
post 9th November 2017, 07:12 PM
Post #26
Group icon
Alone and wounded

Yayyyy it's great to see 'Waqqaberry' showing up here wub.gif my songs aren't always to your taste so it felt like a special moment to receive the full Unovian 18 points for it. <3

My biggest highlight otherwise is of course 'Electric Bones', my first ever 12 in a semi and also my first taste of losing a 12 in the semi kink.gif BJ was really sleeping on that one.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 9th November 2017, 07:14 PM
Post #27
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

Kelsea *.* Yep it was leading the scoreboard for ages before missing the top 20!! </3

Shattered is my fave non-UVLand entry here so far <3

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 10th November 2017, 01:44 AM
Post #28
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

71 FARC: Tkay Maidza – U-Huh
72 Batidas: Ida – I Can Be
73 Daehun: Louane – Avenir
74 Republique d’Ashton: Dagny – Wearing Nothing
75 Persephonia: Dawn Richard – Paradox (The Tide Effect)
76 FSR Rontvia: Helene Fischer – Atemlos Durch Die Nacht
77 Ramrynia: Bebe Rexha – I Can’t Stop Drinking About You
78 Ultraviolenceland: Hayden Pannittiere – Don’t Put Dirt On My Grave
79 Kopecka: Elisabeth Carew – You’ll Never Love Me
80 Hendinia: Violet Chachki – Bettie

Bettie is another 2017 entry, and t was my 15 behind another song in this section! Its so unique which its BDSM referencing lyrics, with production that slightly recalls The Prodigy. Not what I’d have expected from Violet following Drag Race, but I’m grateful for this banger regardless x
You’ll Never Love Me was my first 10 I believe, but it’s igher than my first 12 so I should have 12’d it kink.gif That was the top 2 for the contest too, belwether goals x I didn’t cost YNLM the win by underselling a bit, so I can’t feel too bad!
Queen of country Sam strikes again xo Don’t Put Dirt On My Grave is probably my fave song from Nashville, although Hayden’s other song Telescope runs it close. Its such sass and determination characteristic of her character Juliette, I can see why it DNQd maybe as a bit of an ill informed entry but still TUNE.
Bebe Rexha has gone on to become a chart force providing vocals or the likes of Martin Garrix and Louis Tomlinson, but she got a BJSC hit first with I Can’t Stop Drinking Abut You. Bebe’s unique vocals totally sell this, you linger on her tone as it builds and then the chorus absolutely explodes. This really should have been top 10 but missed out in 14th.
Atemlos durcht die nacht is a HUGE schlager tune, it was colossal in Germany and managed a respectable 12th in BJSC. Even if you can’t speak a word of german, you’ll be singing that chorus all day, I defy you not to kink.gif This would have been a massive Eurovision hit tbh.
Persephonia show up again ohmy.gif Paradox (The Tide Effect) is just beautiful, how was it only a vinyl bonus? It’s the last thing you’d expect from someone who used be in Danity Kane singing about being a bad girl and stripper, but its so grippingly artistic and beautiful as a whole product, complete with stunning visuals.
Wearing Nothing was another of my 2017 18s, and finished top 10! Its subtle vibe is so addicting, rather than some songs that leave you wanting more it’s subtle enough to intrigue you but its melody is powerful enough to satisfy you without a huge banger of a chorus.
Avenir pleased me instantly in its contest, its whimsical fun feel is complimented by bouncy vocals and it all sounds so lovely in French as foreign languages often do. It was originally much slower, but the radio edit that was entered gave it its wonderful bouncy feel and made it so happy <3 This managed top 3 in its contest, and was part of a FLAWLESS top 5 (one of the best ever, if not the best) that consisted of the aforementioned Paradox as well as Pvris, Eves The Behaviour and Natalia La Rose (aka natalinarose) *.*
I Can Be won’t be the last we see of Ida (spoiler x) but this whimsical little tune grabbed my 12 in its contest and came a quite ridiculous 19th. Ida has such a distinct voice that’s so lovely to listen to, and paints a picture with anything that she sings. This daydreamy melody fits that perfectly and the song is just gorgeous <3
Rounding off this section is my 18 for me, a 2nd straight 18 from me to FARC (behind a song that is still to come)! U-Huh was a striking first look for me at a rising star, packed with sass and a bunch of pop sensibility, an easy 18 when the time came to vote wub.gif It came 8th, a 2nd consecutive top 10 for FARC.

+Quote this post
Cameron
post 10th November 2017, 06:46 PM
Post #29
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061

queen Jillea

+Quote this post
Jade
post 10th November 2017, 10:54 PM
Post #30
Group icon
Alone and wounded

'Tide: The Paradox Effect' is absolutely stunning *.* it was one of a handful of BJSC songs that I heard on plug.dj before signing up to the contest myself and I thought... wow, this is incredible, so I think listening to such brilliant discoveries like this really made me consider signing up. I love everything from the soft vocals, killer production, generally unorthodox structure and the striking video. I found out through rave.dj that it mashes up quite well with 'Unzip Your Skin' by Stranger Cat too <3 as you say, it really doesn't feel like something that would be released by a Danity Kane member and it's baffling that it was only a vinyl bonus.

Much love for 'Bettie' as well *.* The music released by Rupaul's Drag Race contestants can often be hit and miss for me but both this and 'Vanguard' by Violet are fab. The lyrics are perhaps a bit questionable but idk, the production is banging.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 10th November 2017, 11:35 PM
Post #31
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

61 Ramrynia: Sirusho - PreGomesh
62 Kopecka: Selena Gomez & The Scene – Whiplash
63 Aeroche: Samantha Urbani – 1 2 3 4
64 Taahino: Icon For Hire – Now You Know
65 Republique d’Ashton: Siobhan Donaghy – Medevac
66 Seyetana: Charisma.com – Iinaduke Blue
67 Ramrynia: Krewella – Alive
68 Quotosibb: Melanie C – Burn
69 Altyr Muunilinst: Awa – Obvious
70 Sandeborg: Stockholm Syndrome – Kalabalik

Kalabalik is an absolutely mental song, but all the better for it *.* This doesn’t have the brilliant RedOne on board like their previous material as Love Generation, but its still an absolute pop banger that builds from a huge pop song to a mental rap climax where the girls both just proper go for it. Life goal to learn it tbh x
Obvious is a second Scandi trakc in a row, this time a Swedish X Factor winner (the stereotype of me stanning random reality flops is true ofc). This is a lovely song, produced really well with her brilliant vocals telling the story. It’s probably a bit “found it on a Spotify playlist it got on with payola” but it’s definitely on the good side of all those conventions, there’s something so addictive about it all as a package.
Ah, the cheap days of Mel C being accepted… Ah wait she was entered in 2016 too x Burn is definitely her best and one of my fave Spice solo songs! It sounds like Kelly Clarkson could easily nail it and it’d be a highlight of her album.
Alive is iconic for Ryan’s extreme methods for confirming it, iirc making his mum refresh the page of confirmations while he had a driving lesson rotf.gif kink.gif It’s also an absolute banger, fusing pop and dance with ease and smashing BJSC in the process.
Iinaduke Blue is absolute madness but Seyetana at their absolute best! The video pairs with it well too, these plain looking Japanese women just burst into electro-rap but it is such a banger. If only I spoke Japanese to rap along.
Medevac is one I knew long before it was entered, but a beauty nonetheless. Building on the electronic chilled vibes that the ‘Babes flirted with on One Touch while she was a member, this, like the rest of her album Ghosts, is a beautiful electronic track with a haunting ethereal vocal that could only come from Siobhan.
Now You Know is one of the biggest injustices of recent times in BJSC, and Taahino are still waiting for that top 10 that this REALLY should have been… This rap track is so fierce, with feminist lyrics that Pupok would kill for xo
1 2 3 4 is pure pop amazingness, Aeroche really hit gold with this and it was an easy 18 for me in its contest! It’s so effortlessly cool and got lots of love on blogs which is easy to see why. It was also a top 10 in BJSC but really should have won lbr.
Whiplash is another cheap now but fine now entry kink.gif Iirc Kopecka got vetoed or clashed like 6 times and eventually unleashed this pop tune, which always refuses to leave my head when I hear it. It’s odd to hear Selena in such a pure pop mode when she’s a sexy siren now, but she nails it nonetheless ofc.
Rounding this section off is a 2017 entry, but a 2012 song! PreGomesh is by one of the biggest Armenian popstars Sirusho, known for her 2008 Eurovision entry Qele Qele. This song fuses Armenian folk with dance-pop beats and creates an absolute banger, camp as anything that would have easily been a brilliant return to Eurovision for her. The title translates to something like leading a buffalo to water,perhaps that is v topical in Armenia x

+Quote this post
Jade
post 12th November 2017, 04:22 PM
Post #32
Group icon
Alone and wounded

Ooh quite a few good picks there *.* I remember '1 2 3 4' being played on plug by both Jake and Leww prior to the contest and thinking that it sounded like a potential BJSC smash. It's crazy that I only gave it 4 points or something like that but 75 was an incredibly strong edition. Love the 80s Whitney Houston kinda vibes of it wub.gif 'Now You Know' is one of Taahino's best entries and I really thought it was finally going to be a first top 10 for them. Perhaps this month they can finally get there with Tonight Alive? 'Medevac' was entered to the contest way before my time but I am very familiar with Siobhan's stellar critically acclaimed album 'Ghosts' <3 it's definitely a highlight on there. 'Alive' is another one that was before my time but I am aware of it and it's very good for what it is. A double whammy of strong Ramrynia entries here actually with 'PreGomesh' showing up too. I really slept on that and it grew on me post-contest. It inspired my recent entry 'Izin korem' as well as Kesh You of course. *.*

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 12th November 2017, 04:27 PM
Post #33
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308

Selegend *.* *.*

+Quote this post
Brer
post 15th November 2017, 10:38 PM
Post #34
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

Yay for me getting another appearance here <3 I did think your fave from me was A-WA so Dawn had just missed out!

Other big highlights here since my last post are 'PreGomesh', 'Medevac', 'Iinadukeblue' (*.*), 'Alive', 'Avenir', 'Waqqaberry' and 'Sadness Is A Blessing' heart.gif (not Ramrynia having two of those highlights xx those are like the best 2 Ramrynia entries tho)

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 16th November 2017, 01:47 AM
Post #35
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

51 Greenfroze: Samsaya – Stereotype
52 N DNTN: Hannah Diamond – Every Night
53 Jarkangel: Ricki-Lee – Burn It Down
54 Pupok: Girli – So You Think You Can f*** With Me Do Ya?
55 Umiiruka: Shy’m – Et alors
56 Hushkanukia: Jillette Johnson - Torpedo
57 Republique d’ashton: Kristine Elezaj – Warpath
58 Botanikka: Stefanie Heinzmann – Diggin’ In The Dirt
59 #00274E: Matt Corby – Brother
60 Eledan: Idool 2011 – More To Me

More To Me is a bit of a random choice but such a bop! It’s odd to think of the usual group charity single we have usually, and compare it to this europop bop that’s catchy af laugh.gif It’s basic but idc, love it.
Brother was a huge post contest grower, not usually the kind of thing I’d san but there’s something about his voice (and his face doesn’t hurt either xx) that’s so raw and authentic, which I say at the risk of sounding like an awful music snob hipster.
Diggin’ In The Dirt is so underrated :/ It was my 12 in one o my strongest contests, I love the soul and power to it with a pop-rock vibe that her voice really suits to give it a bit more oomph and push than a lot of her other material.
Warpath is an all-out pop BANGER *.* It was my 12 in its contest, and rightfully so being the kind of huge pop Ashton does best.
Torpedo is a beauty of a song, Jillette really knows how to write an impactful song! This is so Hushky it hurts with a piano backing, a huge chorus and of course a strong female singer-songwriter voice, the key to a Hushky classic.
Et alors is another pop banger, from an artist I loved already so was naturally going to be a solid hit for me! She has a lot of pop/r&B bops in her discography but this was a dance-pop tune that stole BJSC hearts and came 3rd *.*
So You Think You Can f*** With Me Do Ya? comes from probably my most iconic BJSC contest, a month where everyone in our group chat seemed to send AMAZING songs (a few of which are o come) and I sent my fave ever entry of my own, Mirage by Ricki-Lee <3 Girli is ofc iconic, very Pupok and I can rap every word to this which I am ofc v proud of x
Burn It Down is the inevitable appearance of Ricki-Lee finally, but will this be it? ;o A euphoric dance-pop banger characteristic of the album it comes from, Fear & Freedom, with her soaring voals lifting it, this was her 2nd BJSC top 10 out of 3, can she make it 4 on Friday when I reveal the BJSC 100 results?
Every Night was an easy 18 for me, in fact I think Hannah is the only act I have given a top score twice (she also got my 18 with Make Believe earlier this year) although I am probably forgetting someone super obvious. This song is classic PC Music, with 90s pop sensibilities that makes for an irresistible song.
Stereotype finishes this hugely pop section in yet more pop style! The song is an absolute bop, bouncy with a fun message about just listening to whatever music you like and fully enjoying it no matter what is – perfect for BJSC I suppose <3

+Quote this post
Jade
post 19th November 2017, 11:56 PM
Post #36
Group icon
Alone and wounded

Girli is such a queen *.* I remember discovering her through either Leww or Lotti linking Girli.fm, her radio show project, on Facebook and 'So You Think You Can f*** With Me Do Ya?' was quite the experience on first listen through that! She has surpassed it in the form of 'Girls Get Angry Too', however. wub.gif

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 24th November 2017, 07:44 PM
Post #37
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

[/late]

Ricki-Lee makes top 20 in BJSC 100

Against all odds, with many predicting her to finish below top 30, Ricki-Lee managed a top 20 finish on home ground - just! With 225 points, All We Need Is Love finished 20th in a field of 47 entries, with votes from 26 nations including 18s from Ramrynia and Bhangra. This was a cherry on top to a successful contest in Unovia, with both Ricki and head of the BJSC committee Liam Unocastellia noting that this contest was a high point for Unovian BJSC morale in press conferences following the contest. Unovia now hands over hosting duties to Aeroche, who won the title with TR ST's Capitol.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 24th November 2017, 08:16 PM
Post #38
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

41 UnoShake: Havana Brown – We Run The Night
42 Land Of Jack: Diandra – Outta My Head
43 Republique d’Ashton: Veronica Maggio – Jag kommer
44 Batidas: Agnes Obel – Riverside
45 Tinnmark: Alina Devcerski – Flytta pa dej
46 Yuxhaaq: JoJo -Marvin’s Room (Can’t Do Better)
47 Pupok: Haschek Sisters – Daddy Says No
48 ChrIseland: Anjulie – Brand New Bitch
49 New Lexico: Ivy Levan - Biscuit
50 Tinnmark: Sandra Lyng – Play My Drum

Play My Drum was robbed by THE worst winner ever bar none (Sigala’s Jackson 5 butchering Easy Love), in one of the biggest BJSC injustices ever. This summery bop has a delicious fluttery guitar riff permeating the whole song and a massive saxy chorus that will not leave your head.

Biscuit is one of the ultimate trash-pop sut jams *.* In this contest I ended up sending like my 4h choice as I was beaten to so many entries including this laugh.gif Her unique voice has a growl to it which makes this ironically amazing and kinda hilarious given the lyrics that liken her vagina to a biscuit as well as the video *_*

Brand New Bitch is an early BJSC banger from one of my first contests, and an artist I later recycled! This is basic af but such a tune, really symbolic of the time of BJSC really laugh.gif

Daddy Says No is an iconic Pupok entry from a contest I hosted! Instantly this was amazing with the iconic dance routine, and v high budget vid xx Ofc it’s cheesy af but something about it is just so catchy and the whole package bleeds iconicness, such a BSC MOMENT when this came top 10!

Marvin’s Room is by one of the more well known artists to be in this top 40! It’s already one of my fave Drake songs, but Jojo’s voice suits it so well and brings out even more feeling and emotion than the original does imo.

Flytta pa dej was a 12 for me, such a banger! A huge Swedish hit, this was a natural fit for the Scandi filled era of BJSC but shamefully only finished 25th out of 31 entries…. Oh Buzzjack.

Riverside is such a stunning song, one of the first winners of my era of BJSC! I believe it also is the only time a debuting nation has won BJSC ohmy.gif In all its simplicity it is so striking, leaving Agnes’ voice to shine with sparse instrumentation which creates a hauntingly beautiful end product.

Jag kommer was very nearly a rare foreign language BJSC winner, but it was beaten by a mutual me and Silas fave Jessica Mauboy (for once, we’d both rather Jess lost this time around kink.gif). The Swedish language really illuminates this pop-rock track, it has a certain attitude that’s so addictive <3

Outta My Head could have been a Unovia entry but I believe Bignia beat us to it, and it later got vetoed, but was entered by Land Of Jack months later when the veto red light had faded. An out and out pop banger with a chorus that explodes, nowadays the likes of Ultraviolenceland would sell their left arm for the Sunfly karaoke instrumental of this xo

We Run The Night is the final song before the top 40 and typically for me Havana is an Australian flop (but she didn’t enter any reality show) x It actually was a top 40 in the US following the contest, but also was a huge top 5 in Australia. This track is a dance-pop banger typical of Havana, the original BJSC version was much better than the Pitbull version with different production that broke America too.

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 25th November 2017, 04:50 PM
Post #39
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835

Echoing he love for Bettie, Wearing Nothing, I Can't Stop Drinking About You, Alive, Now You Know and Daddy Says No the most.

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 25th November 2017, 04:53 PM
Post #40
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308

Liam, normally I agree with you music-wise but the RedOne Remix Of WRTN >>>>>>>>>>>>

+Quote this post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 05:10 AM