BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
26 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> MADONNA • Queen of Pop • RESULTS, ♥ FULL results p.g 25 ♥
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
HausofKubrick
post Aug 22 2014, 07:42 PM
Post #1
Group icon
User: 13,007

Hii and welcome to the results extravaganza for MADONNA • Queen of Pop • the ULTIMATE RATE. Over the past few weeks you have voted in your masses and the results are ready to be revealed. Confessions, bedtime stories, prayers and music.

I will try to be as efficient as i can with the reveal but with work/commitments apologies in advance if it takes time to get done. Let's remind us of the songs and albums competing:

Everybody
Burning Up
Holiday
Lucky Star
Borderline

Like A Virgin
Material Girl
Crazy For You
Angel
Into The Groove
Dress You Up

Live To Tell
Papa Don't Preach
True Blue
Open Your Heart
La Isla Bonita

Like A Prayer
Express Yourself
Cherish
Oh Father
Dear Jessie
Keep It Together

Erotica
Deeper and Deeper
Bad Girl
Fever
Rain

Secret
Take A Bow
Bedtime Story
Human Nature

Frozen
Ray of Light
Drowned World (Substitute For Love)
The Power of Goodbye
Nothing Really Matters

Music
Don't Tell Me
What It Feels Like For A Girl

American Life
Hollywood
Nothing Fails
Love Profusion

Hung Up
Sorry
Get Together
Jump

4 Minutes
Give It 2 Me
Miles Away

Give Me All Your Lovin'
Girl Gone Wild
Masterpiece
Turn Up The Radio

Who's That Girl
Causing A Commotion
Vogue
Hanky Panky
Justify My Love
This Used To Be My Playground
I'll Remember
You'll See
You Must Love Me
Don't Cry For Me Argentina
Beautiful Stranger
American Pie
Die Another Day
Celebration

THE IMMACULATE COLLECTION:

Madonna
Like A Virgin
True Blue
Life A Prayer
Erotica
Bedtime Stories
Ray Of Light
Music
American Life
Confessions On A Dancefloor
Hard Candy
MDNA

We want your predictions, comments, debates and words on the songs, videos and albums.

68 songs, 12 albums, just one kiss, just one touch, just one look, just one love...

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Aug 22 2014, 07:45 PM
Post #2
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692
A Frozen win surely has to happen.

I hope Sorry/True Blue/Crazy For You are all high too. The latter two are especially gorgeous.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Aug 22 2014, 07:47 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
'Cherish' to win.

(Although it won't due to the amount of sacrilege which was committed with all those low scores. cry.gif )

+Quote this post
Qween
post Aug 22 2014, 07:54 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709
I know this is gonna bring me some serious heartbreak and fury

+Quote this post
Simon.
post Aug 22 2014, 07:57 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Sugar Like Apple Pie
User: 126
'La Isla Bonita' to beast this. smoke.gif

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post Aug 22 2014, 07:59 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116
Rooting for The Power Of Goodbye to do as well as possible! My other major favourites are obviously going to smash.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Aug 22 2014, 08:00 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
Like A Prayer has to win wub.gif

+Quote this post
Atonement
post Aug 22 2014, 08:03 PM
Post #8
Group icon
I just had to see your face to feel alive
User: 10,676
QUOTE(mr_aly @ Aug 22 2014, 09:47 PM) *
'Cherish' to win.

(Although it won't due to the amount of sacrilege which was committed with all those low scores. cry.gif )

One of my Madonna favorites ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Aug 22 2014, 08:06 PM
Post #9
Group icon
I'll be revealing in sets of FOUR until we get to the top 40, where i'll reveal in more detail. The bottom set coming up now ohmy.gif what are your LEAST favourite Madonna singles???

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Aug 22 2014, 08:28 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Some girls, they like candy, and others, they like to grind

| 65 // Dear Jessie // Like A Prayer // 5.69 (0: jakewild, 3: omie // 9: fgiboy, niallminogue)

| 66 // Turn Up The Radio // MDNA // 5.56 (-1: jakewild, 0: triangles // 9: sweetcandy, ultraviolence, regina)

| 67 // Hanky Panky // I'm Breathless // 5.50 (0: jsilv/jakewild // 10: niallminogue/mikemyers)

| 68 // Fever // Erotica // 5.38
(-1: dandy, 0: jsilv // 8: mr_aly, luciano, leww, jark, omie, cassandra)

The first thing to note is perhaps how high these averages seem already. I know when i've done these rates in the past, the lowest songs usually score much worse than this, but still there is no denying that these are your least loved singles. The wooden spoon award goes to the unfortunate 'Fever'. It probably doesn't take much to assume why this has been voted the worst Madonna song, especially with that accompanying music video. Taken from an album that explores a sensually charged erotic side to Madonna, it wasn't met with the best response as she seemed to be losing the plot very slightly. And it seems you agreed.

You asked for it to be included, i protested, but you got your way in the end... And have rewarded the shambolic 'Hanky Panky' justly. Questionable lyrics, awful diction and downright clunky. She really did have some shocking lows in her vast career.

And talking of low points, from her latest album comes the final single she has released thus far and it seems you are not at all willing to be grateful for this. The song is fun at best but ironically demands to be turned DOWN on the radio as she attempts to latch onto any sort of hope that people will listen. The fact is though, we are all willing to listen if the music matches up and with mediocre efforts like this it's no wonder it got shunned almost universally. Here's hoping the single to follow this will makes us really 'Turn Up The Radio'. Still she looks a diamond in the video.

And finally, the childish innocence of 'Dear Jessie' rounds off this bottom set. I still hear this played at work oddly and i am quite fond of its lullaby tone and move away from the POP we're so used to from her. An odd choice of album track though , and an even odder choice of single release, but it does go to show the variety in her singles.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Aug 22 2014, 09:18 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472
Not fussed by any of these being in the bottom heap. Never been that much of a fan of the song 'Fever' no matter who's sung it. 'Hanky Panky' is a guilty pleasure and 'Turn Up the Radio' is catchy, but truthfully neither are that good. 'Dear Jessie' is nice but perhaps better off remaining an album track.

I'm pretty confident all four Confessions singles will be Top 10 (all deservedly so), along with 'Frozen', 'Like a Prayer' and hopefully 'Ray of Light'.

+Quote this post
randomfurlong
post Aug 22 2014, 09:20 PM
Post #12
Group icon
musing
User: 13,969
actually quite like Dear Jessie, but no surprise to see it down here. all others expected and deserving of this indignity~

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Aug 22 2014, 09:20 PM
Post #13
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
'Fever' is no way her worst. ohmy.gif

'Dear Jessie' is tragic though.

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Aug 22 2014, 09:21 PM
Post #14
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692
fever is awful, thank god id never come across it beforehand laugh.gif

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Aug 22 2014, 09:39 PM
Post #15
Group icon
Don't forget that your family is gold

| 61 // Give Me All Your Lovin' // MDNA // 5.69 (0: jakewild, triangles // 3: joe. // 11: ultraviolence, 9: luciano, sweetcandy, jsilv)

| 62 // Bad Girl // Erotica // 5.56 (0: jakewild, 3: liam, jonjo // 10: johnkm, 9: sweetcandy, jark, luciano)

| 63 // Everybody // Madonna // 5.50 (0: jakewild, 2: gezza // 9: sweetcandy, titty)

| 64 // Keep It Together // Like A Prayer // 5.38
(4: riser, oliver, triangles, gavindeejay, // 10: sweetcandy, 9: ultraviolence

Really shocked at how low 'Keep It Together' is sad.gif has always been a favourite off the album and i'm shocked it didn't get some lovin' here. Although to be fair, it didn't quite get a bashing as its lowest score was a 4, but it just got struck by a load of 5s and 6s so maybe it isn't as memorable as i like to think it is? A wonderful message and a joyous number altogether, unfortunately making it my first loss.

And another shock of sorts, comes from the first ever single released by Madge in 'Everybody' ohmy.gif But we're not feeling at all sentimental here as we brutally make it crash out in the first quarter. A fun, ditty pop song with a slightly annoying chorus, it was the birth of a legacy.

The second 'Erotica' single drops out, as 'Bad Girl', another of her more controversial numbers as she sings of one night stands and fooling around fails to impress. With an oddly jarring, yet enticing chorus, i'm still not 100% sure where i stand with this (or anything from the album), but i rarely return to it, and it's definitely a dud moment / era in her back catalogue.

And another, another big(ish) shock (perhaps) as the lead single to her latest album gets very few cheers and misses out on the all-important!! top 60. 'Give Me All Your Lovin'' saw Madonna team up with super hip and credible stars in Nicki Minaj and M.I.A. as she prepared to take the superbowl stage by storm. Shrouded in controversy (mainly caused by M.I.A.) the single did very little worldwide despite this performance, mainly because it was truly a gimmick and complete rejection to everything that makes Madonna special. I've grown to accept it now finally, but with a horrendous video, concept and lyrics, the song wouldn't even make the final cut for any of her previous albums, let alone the big comeback that everyone was waiting for. Gah.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Aug 22 2014, 09:44 PM
Post #16
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
I adore give me all your lovin. I love it so much, it's so catchy for me and Madonna is amazing on it. I'm glad I gave it an 11, it deserves to be much higher up

+Quote this post
GRIFF
post Aug 22 2014, 09:44 PM
Post #17

I love Give Me All Your Lovin' a bit too much.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Aug 22 2014, 09:55 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472
'Bad Girl' is far too low! sad.gif I'm going to put it down to it being one of her lesser known songs. One of my faves from Erotica though.

'Give Me All Your Luvin'' is definitely a guilty pleasure alert but not surprised to see it so low. Just wasn't a strong enough song at all to return with.

+Quote this post
Nina West
post Aug 23 2014, 02:03 PM
Post #19
Group icon
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
User: 19,846
I actually liked Hanky Panky and Everybody, shame they're so low, but not surprised at the rest Fever was pretty dull as well as the singles from her last album MDNA

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Aug 23 2014, 02:07 PM
Post #20
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
I really like Turn Up The Radio for what it is, a really fun little fun pop song. I did expect it this low though sad.gif I thought Give Me All Your Luvin' would be higher, it's not one of her finest moments but it's good. I guess it just falls way short of the sky high standard Madonna has set for her singles!

+Quote this post

26 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:56 AM