BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> OCC: Dannii Minogue's Top 20 Best Sellers
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Liam.k.
post Jul 31 2017, 04:04 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472
Dannii Minogue's Official Top 20 biggest selling singles revealed
31 July 2017 | By Justin Myers

To celebrate her comeback, we delve back decades into Dannii's archive.

She's long overdue a comeback, and now it's finally happening! Dannii Minogue has confirmed she will be releasing new material in 2017, with the first performance of her new single coming in August.

She's experimented with sounds, had more than her fair share of revivals, and a healthy array of hits. Since making her Official Chart debut in March 1991 with Love and Kisses, Dannii has scored 19 Top 40 hits, but 26 years later, how do those tunes match up against each other?

We delved into the archives for Dannii's career highlights, and present her top selling UK hit singles.

Love and Kisses
Released: March 1991
Peak: 8

Dannii's first ever UK hit, released while she starred in Australian TV soap Home and Away, was remixed for a UK audience. The original has its charm, and thankfully the UK redux held on to the legendary line, "We ain't at McDonald's baby, so what's your beef?" which nobody would want to miss out on. Luckily it was all uphill from there and Love and Kisses became the first of nine Top 10s.

Jump to the Beat
Released: July 1991
Peak: 8

Dannii had a knack for spotting loved but half-forgotten songs crying out for a '90s refresh. Originally a Number 3 hit for Stacy Lattisaw in 1980, Dannii's spirited cover version managed to take it Top 10.

This is It
Released: July 1993
Peak: 10

Moving forward a few singles and we have another cover version – this time of Melba Moore's disco classic which, annoyingly, beat Dannii's rendition by one place, to peak at 9. Keep an eye out in the video for Dannii's then-husband, and former Home and Away co-star Julian McMahon, who looks suitably mortified throughout.

All I Wanna Do
Released: August 1997
Peak: 4

A new phase kicked off for Dannii with third album Girl – she was blond, single and set on chart domination. Showing that Dannii was ever the innovator, All I Wanna Do was an early introduction to the magic of Brian Higgins. The future Xenomania supremo was the man behind Cher's Believe and Girls Aloud's clutch of hits – to name just two of his high-profile successes – and Xenomania have gone on to work with some of the biggest names in music. Fittingly, because it is great, All I Wanna Do is Dannii's biggest selling single in the UK.

Who Do You Love Now
Released: December 2001
Peak: 3

Another reinvention saw Dannii capitalise on the revived taste for chart-friendly house music in the early Noughties. Adding her vocals to established dance tracks became Dannii's thing, and this redux of Riva's Stringer was her most successful – it's her second biggest seller.

Put The Needle On It
Released: November 2002
Peak: 7

Most pop artists have an imperial phase, when they're at the height of their powers, and you could argue that Put The Needle On It kicked off Dannii's. As the lead single from Dannii's most successful album Neon Nights, the track cemented Dannii's position as one of the cooler club divas.

I Begin to Wonder
Released: March 2003
Peak: 2

Remember electroclash? Mashups, avantgarde sounds with pop sensibilities, and throbbing melodic dance tunes started to flood the charts and I Begin To Wonder was probably one of the best of the lot. Sadly pipped to the post by Christina Aguilera's unstoppable ballad Beautiful, I Begin To Wonder was originally recorded by DJ Jean-Claude Ades and was missing a second verse until Dannii got her hands on it. It remains Dannii's highest chart peak in the UK and is her fourth top seller.

You Won't Forget About Me
Released: November 2004
Peak: 7

Another example of Dannii's knack for picking a cool dance track, this rousing anthem would be Dannii's last Top 10 single in the UK. For now, of course…

Dannii's Official Top 20 biggest selling singles in the UK:

TITLE ARTIST CREDIT PEAK YEAR
1 ALL I WANNA DO DANNII MINOGUE 4 1997
2 WHO DO YOU LOVE NOW RIVA FT DANNII MINOGUE 3 2001
3 THIS IS IT DANNII MINOGUE 10 1993
4 I BEGIN TO WONDER DANNII MINOGUE 2 2003
5 LOVE & KISSES DANNII MINOGUE 8 1991
6 SUCCESS DANNII MINOGUE 11 1991
7 JUMP TO THE BEAT DANNII MINOGUE 8 1991
8 PUT THE NEEDLE ON IT DANNII MINOGUE 7 2002
9 BABY LOVE DANNII MINOGUE 14 1991
10 EVERYTHING I WANTED DANNII MINOGUE 15 1997
11 DON'T WANNA LOSE THIS FEELING DANNII MINOGUE 5 2003
12 YOU WON'T FORGET ABOUT ME DANNII MINOGUE VS FLOWER POWER 7 2004
13 DISREMEMBRANCE DANNII MINOGUE 21 1998
14 THIS IS THE WAY DANNII MINOGUE 27 1993
15 SHOW YOU THE WAY TO GO DANNII MINOGUE 30 1992
16 I DON'T WANNA TAKE THIS PAIN DANNII MINOGUE 40 1991
17 PERFECTION DANNII MINOGUE & SOUL SEEKERZ 11 2005
18 LOVE'S ON EVERY CORNER DANNII MINOGUE 44 1992
19 SO UNDER PRESSURE DANNII MINOGUE 20 2006
20 TOUCH ME LIKE THAT DANNII MINOGUE VS JASON NEVINS 48 2007

©2017 Official Charts Company. All rights reserved.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
tommie
post Jul 31 2017, 09:19 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 8,073
I love how OOC obviously hangs out on places like here and SayGay laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Monzo
post Aug 1 2017, 07:43 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 349
I got 16 out of these 20 cd singles. Will Dannii ever release a physical single again? I'm wondering the same with Kylie... Will all Minogue single releases be digital from now on?

+Quote this post
tommie
post Aug 1 2017, 09:01 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Monzo @ Aug 1 2017, 07:43 AM) *
I got 16 out of these 20 cd singles. Will Dannii ever release a physical single again? I'm wondering the same with Kylie... Will all Minogue single releases be digital from now on?

Well, by all accounts Dannii is independent now so I doubt she'll invest in printing out physical singles. Those are really purely fan service and don't give any real profit.

+Quote this post
Regina
post Aug 1 2017, 11:02 AM
Post #5
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572
QUOTE(Monzo @ Aug 1 2017, 08:43 AM) *

Kylie released singles for Into The Blue and I Was Gonna Cancel, so I imagine she'll still do it.

+Quote this post
pippa
post Aug 2 2017, 01:42 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031
Both Kylie and Dannii have the fan base who would purchase and also welcome cd single releases or vinyl. It would also help both secure some of chart success.

+Quote this post
Regina
post Aug 2 2017, 02:15 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572
As nice as CD singles are, they really don't do that much other than give it a slightly better position one week, which would make its fall the next week even harsher.

+Quote this post
tommie
post Aug 13 2017, 06:11 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
I just realised that Dannii's only released 21 singles, so Get Into You is her least selling one then laugh.gif

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:53 AM