BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> INTERNET CONTENT IN HERE NOW, Youtube videos, browser games, INTERNET THINGS
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Iz 🌟
post 27th August 2021, 12:29 PM
Post #1
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

As part of an unspecified number of forum-wide changes (we're still discussing things for elsewhere), the Gaming Forum is claiming the responsibility for internet-derived content discussion - this is just a very easy one for me to do as I retain control here happy.gif and it's totally not my own personal shitposting paradise

While some of the quietness of this area is undoubtedly our demographics, I know there are plenty here who can and do play games and consume internet content so at least a little bit is probably down to poor structure and ultimately I want to make it easier for people to post about what they're enjoying without thinking too much about it.

Where do we draw the line? Pretty easy - what is 'internet content'? Artistic or educational content that relies on the internet or technology for its delivery - this was always somewhat the intention of the 'technology' part but it never really took off because besides the occasional thread about laptop purchases no one really wants to talk about the actual hardware.

The Lounge should remain the home for more posts directly about our community.

Therefore in here:

> gaming, obviously
> news about specific tech advances (new billionaire gadget)
> discussion about the artistic merits or lack thereof of people who make their living from (primarily) playing video games (Twitch streamers, Youtube creators) - if you watch Pewdiepie a good gaming Youtuber, post about them
> other Youtube creators and innovators, outside of political ones who have their own thread in N&P now
> browser games (Geoguessr etc)
> things you can learn online
> other forums and dumb internet drama
> anything which could be described as being 'Extremely Online' https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extremely_online
> discord
> shitposting
> gaming sessions

In the Lounge for subjects that use technology:

> funny pictures found on mainstream sites
> shitposting
> discussion of apps that directly relate to real life (maps, food delivery apps etc.)
> generally, internet content that you could expect the average person in an offline setting to have heard of (Facebook, Twitter, funny pictures)
> internet content that is related to off-topic music consumption (last.fm, plug.dj-variants)

debate me on this pls
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 08:53 AM