BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Pokémon Legends: Z-A, Nintendo: 2025
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Aaron.
post 27th February 2024, 02:34 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,245

The Pokemon Legends series continues, with a new game revealed at today's Pokemon Presents. Pokemon Legends: Z-A follows on from 2022's Pokemon Legends: Arceus, an open-world game that mixed up the usual Pokemon gameplay loop.

Pokemon Legends: Z-A is set in the Kalos region, which was introduced in Pokemon X & Y. Much like how the first Pokemon Legends game gave us a unique take on the Sinnoh region, we can expect the same here in the opposite direction, as Pokemon Legends: Z-A gives us an incredibly futuristic setting, much different from what we saw in X & Y
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post 27th February 2024, 07:16 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: he/him
User: 19,585

I'll be getting it seeing as I dipped out of Pokémon after Gen 3 so have been playing catch up since Gen 7 when I got back into it. Legends Arceus is a fab game so I'm hoping this builds on it but at the same time improves on the S/V gameplay issues that have plagued Gen 9 so far

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 27th February 2024, 07:39 PM
Post #3
Group icon
User: 13,007

Legends Arceus is my favourite Pokemon game to date and it reignited my love for Pokemon in an insane way. Needless to say, this is the one announcement I wanted from Pokemon Day and.. they delivered. I am over the MOON!

+Quote this post
JSG
post 29th February 2024, 07:34 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 18,473

I was very unimpressed with Legends Arceus, I think because of the setting mainly so this looks at least in that part, to be a step up. I'm gonna assume this will coincide with Switch 2 launch next year.

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 5th March 2024, 12:09 AM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,245

And I’m probably somewhere right in the middle, I played for a few hours and really liked it - but haven’t had the time to be able to commit to a proper playthru (it’s on my list).

I’m probably more concerned with this being based on X/Y and not something stronger like Black/White.
I honestly can’t think back to anything positive or negative about X/Y it always just seemed like a mid-tier game. But, actually going back, watching a bit of a playthru on Twitch and YouTube. I actually think X/Y was a pretty poor game.

Mega Evolutions and the introduction of Fairy types were great, but.
I absolutely hated everything to do with Lumiose City. The ugliest city in Pokémon history by far. But Exp Share and them not giving the starters in this generation Mega Evolutions?

But the feedback for the first Legends game is so strong I have no doubt it will be amazing.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 5th March 2024, 02:01 AM
Post #6
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

I loved X and Y at the time but it hasn’t aged well, I think because it was the first mainline game in 3D there were teething problems so they kind of focused on that which left the world empty. It never felt very fleshed out, odd pacing and we didn’t get to know much about the region or lore, plus there was the least amount of new Pokémon ever. The third version that was cancelled would have probably helped with that. It certainly wasn’t bad by any means, but it was very much a nearly there type game that was missing too many things for it to fully thrive. However I did really like the region and a lot of the Pokémon we got that generation, plus some of the story, so it will be fun to see those bits fleshed out more and shine as I do have a soft spot for gen 6 as, whilst I’ve loved Pokémon all my life, it’s the first time I was part of online communities, hyping the release, and got involved with competitive online play.

I think similar about Legends Arceus tbh, enjoyed it at the time but I really don’t think it has replayability and I think if they don’t add to the gameplay it will be dull to have again. I do think this gen will have more of a battle focus which is definitely what I missed, given Megas are back, which is needed. I don’t think they could really get away with another game of just sneaking around catching Pokémon tbh. I think it’s quite a flexible format though, it made sense to not have many battles because Pokémon and people weren’t harmonious whereas with this it seems to be at the start of people living alongside Pokémon and maybe it will show the development of battles and more people being part of that world.

What does worry me is it being “entirely” in Lumiose, I know games like say GTA, Saints Row, Cyberpunk all have a mega city setting and it works, but for something like Pokémon where it’s all about different environments and the types of Pokémon you see in them, idk how it would work. Maybe as it seems to be futuristic, it could be kind of a biome type thing like the Blueberry Academy as part of fhe expansion and redevelopment, with th style of the trailer I could even see a VR world maybe where you catch Pokémon.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 06:21 AM