BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

> 
8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Mack's #ThrowbackThursday 00s Edition, 30th May- Southside Spinners, A-Teens and Pink with playlist included
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Roba.
post 16th June 2023, 11:29 PM
Post #21
Group icon
Rob aah
User: 3,804

A fan of all of those three. 'Don't Call Me Baby' is one you still hear lots on radio today. 'Sing' is perhaps my favourite Travis track and that video was great with of course the food fight. 'Fly On The Wings Of Love' dance version was infinitely superior to that Eurovision one!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 19th June 2023, 01:54 PM
Post #22
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915

Doing this earlier this week due to being busy:

This Week:

2000- Darude- Sandstorm

The first song for this week is: 'Sandstorm' This is a absolute modern dance classic from Finnish DJ Darude. Still a tune 23 years on. This song came 83rd in my Top 100 Songs of the 2000s. This would peak at #3 in the UK.

2003- Tomcraft- Loneliness

'Loneliness' would be a one-hit wonder for German DJ Tomcraft (Thomas Bruckner). This would go on and become a UK #1 for him. Me aged 9 probably didn't understand at the time how monoumentous this song would be. Unfortunately this song was knocked off the #1 spot by the disgraced R Kelly.

2007- Hellogoodbye- Here (In Your Arms)

The final song for this week is another one-hit wonder this time from Hellogoodbye with 'Here (In Your Arms)'. This would go on and peak at #4 in the UK, in the US this would peak at #13. I remember this being played a lot on radio stations and music channels during the spring/summer of that year with what may be one of the iconic music videos of that year. This is still quite catchy and it would never get old.

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 23rd June 2023, 12:51 AM
Post #23
Group icon
Rob aah

Been a lot of links to 'Here (In Your Arms) lately but no bad thing as it's my fave from that bunch.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 29th June 2023, 02:00 PM
Post #24
Group icon

This Week:

2002- Nickelback- How You Remind Me

The first song for this week, be warned it probably is a unpopular choice it is Nickelback with 'How You Remind Me' which was the lead single from their studio album 'Silver Side Up' This was considered to be Nickelback's signature song'. This would peak at #4 in the UK, in the US this would fare better and peak at #1 in the Billboard Hot 100 where it stay there for four weeks in November 2001. I would consider this probably to be one of my favourite songs of all time, an controversial choice yes I know. I can remember this coming out in 2002, but probably didn't listen to as much, that is until 'Rockstar' came out, it become a huge part of my teenage years. This since then this has become a staple on any playlist. It is catchy as anything this. I see this as an motivational song for me if I'm feeling down.

2004- Natasha Bedingfield- Single

'Single' was the debut single from Natasha Bedingfield for her debut album 'Unwritten'. This would go on and peak at #3 in the UK, it would also chart in the US at #57 in the Billboard Hot 100. Someone from my primary school can sent out for singing this during a Maths lesson, this is was an all right debut single from Natasha.

2009- Agnes- Release Me

'Release Me' was the debut single in the UK for Swedish singer Agnes. This would go on and peak at #3 in the UK. I remember this being played a lot on the music channels during May and the summer months from that year, I was quite annoyed that this didn't go to #1 from her, she would later follow-up in the UK with 'I Need You Now' which only just scraped into the Top 40 at #40. Haven't heard 'Release Me' in a long time but it still sounds great.

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 29th June 2023, 10:47 PM
Post #25
Group icon
Rob aah

That is very brave to state that opinion about Nickelback on here laugh.gif

'Release Me' is an absolute anthem heart.gif

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 30th June 2023, 12:50 PM
Post #26
Group icon

QUOTE(Roba. @ Jun 29 2023, 11:47 PM) *
That is very brave to state that opinion about Nickelback on here laugh.gif

'Release Me' is an absolute anthem heart.gif

Yes, a very brave opinion about Nickelback on here indeed, laugh.gif

'Release Me' is indeed an absolute anthem.

Many thanks for commenting, smile.gif

+Quote this post
Last Dreamer
post 30th June 2023, 06:24 PM
Post #27
Group icon
With Kristina in heart
User: 28,104

"Release Me" was # 6 in my worst songs list from 2009 year.

This post has been edited by Last Dreamer: 30th June 2023, 06:25 PM

+Quote this post
Yobnedor
post 2nd July 2023, 10:26 AM
Post #28
Group icon
Perfectly Pop
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 3,033

There is literally nothing wrong with Nickelback. People only jump on the “hate Nickelback train” because it looked cool on social media.

+Quote this post
Brer
post 2nd July 2023, 05:01 PM
Post #29
Group icon
stick my flag in the dirt, watch it blow
User: 8,300

Where there's smoke there's fire though... tongue.gif

(although I do actually really like 'How You Remind Me')

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 6th July 2023, 02:37 PM
Post #30
Group icon

This Week:

2000- Billie Piper- Day & Night

The first song for this week is a UK #1 from Billie Piper. This was the lead single from her second album 'Walk of Life' It would be Billie's third and final UK #1. I much prefer this to her other two UK #1s. I remember hearing this for some bizarre reason in an episode of Coronation Street in 2002 playing in the background at the Platts house in a scene involving Sarah Platt and Ade Critchley.

2005- Backstreet Boys- Incomplete

'Incomplete' was the first single in four years for the Backstreet Boys who had taken a two-year hiatus. It was taken from their fifth studio album 'Never Gone', This would go on and peak at #8 in the UK, in the US it would chart at #13. I can vaguely watching the music video for this on The Hits and also a clip in a piece where they would have the latest music videos with a number where viewers could phone in and select a track with the selection number.

2007- Jack Penate- Torn On The Platform

'Torn On The Platform' was the third single from Jack Penate's debut album 'Matinee'. This would go on and become his biggest hit in the UK by peaking at #7. This is an all right song from Jack Penate, can't say I remember listening to this when it was released. I like his other songs as well 'Second, Minute or Hour' and from 2009 which had should have done better than #35, 'Be The One'.

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 6th July 2023, 02:38 PM
Post #31
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

Day & Night is by a country mile her best song!

Love that Jack Penate track too, that was the type of landfill indie that was really great back then.

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 9th July 2023, 11:28 AM
Post #32
Group icon
Rob aah

'Day & Night' heart.gif

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 13th July 2023, 02:41 PM
Post #33
Group icon

This Week:

2004- Maroon 5- This Love

The first song for this week is 'This Love' was the second single from Maroon 5's debut album 'Songs About Jane' This would go on and peak at #3 in the UK, in the US this would peak at #5 in the Billboard Hot 100. I'm a fan of this from Maroon 5, it is probably one of the best that they did, would listen to any day over 'Moves Like Jagger'. I think the music video attracted controversy due to some certain scenes between Adam Levine and his girlfriend.

2005- The Coral- In The Morning

'In The Morning' was the lead single from The Coral's third studio album 'The Invisible Invasion'. This would go and peak at #6 in the UK. 'In The Morning' I remember hearing this a lot during 2005 and it is a song that I wouldn't tire of listening to this. If there is a Buzzjack's Favourite #6 Hit this would definitely get my vote. When I was taken to school by my taxi driver in my final year in primary school, he would play this on repeat. This deserved a better chart run of only 6 weeks in the Top 40. This song will be always on any playlist that I have.

2007- The Hoosiers- Worried About Ray

'Worried About Ray' was the debut single from The Hoosiers taken from their debut album 'The Trick To Life'. This would go on and peak at #5 in the UK. I was quite a fan of this when this was released, I can remember making an version with a old schoolmate of mine called 'Worried About Chris'. Now this isn't one that I haven't heard for a while on the radio, rarely hear this been played anymore. It is very catchy this although I can see why some people might find this annoying.

Link to the music video:
https://tidal.com/browse/video/24412475

+Quote this post
awardinary
post 13th July 2023, 10:16 PM
Post #34
Group icon
Here to play, here to stay
Pronouns: he/him
User: 21,587

Three lovely picks this week Mack!

This Love was probably the single to convince me to buy the album Songs About Jane and I definitely prefer the earlier stiff from these guys.

I had not even heard of The Coral before hearing this song upon its release, but it is certainly one of the better releases of that time period.

When The Hoosiers came onto the scene with this release I just knew it was going to be lots of fun to hear their music and the successive singles proved this! biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
JulianT
post 13th July 2023, 10:53 PM
Post #35
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 8,705

Really like all 3 of those but especially the first 2!

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 14th July 2023, 08:34 AM
Post #36
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

In The Morning reminds me of car rides to school with Radio 1 playing.

This Love definitely one of M5's best, although I think Harder To Breathe just slightly edges it for me these days,

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 20th July 2023, 02:50 PM
Post #37
Group icon

This Week:

2001- Gorillaz- 19/2000

I remember this song particularly for this game intro:

The first song for this week is '19-2000' from Gorillaz which was the second single from their self-titled debut album. This would go on and peak at #6 in the UK, I particularly remember this for being the title theme for the first game I brought which was FIFA Football 2002. This was a decent song from Gorillaz. Again a song that I could not tire of. I must have really frustrated my parents during 2002 the amount of times they heard on this on FIFA Football 2002.

2002- Atomic Kitten- It's OK

'It's OK!' was the lead single from Atomic Kitten's second studio album 'Feels So Good'. This would go and peak at #3 in the UK becoming their 6th UK Top 10 hit. This was a song that I remember hearing a lot in the radio or at shops playing in the background when shopping with my Mum or Dad. This is one that I haven't heard for a while but listening to it now it's a great tune from Atomic Kitten. This should have been a UK #1 for them alongside 'Whole Again', 'Eternal Flame' and 'The Tide Is High'.

2003- Christina Aguilera- Fighter

'Fighter' was the third single from Christina Aguilera's fourth studio album 'Stripped'. This would go and peak at #3 in the UK, in the US this would peak at #20. This may be a controversial opinion but I very much prefer 'Fighter' to 'Beautiful'. This is a fantastic tune from Christina, it again should have joined 'Dirrty' and 'Beautiful' as a UK #1 for her.

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 20th July 2023, 11:59 PM
Post #38
Group icon
Rob aah

'This Love', '19/2000' - the soulchild remix >>>>, 'It's Ok' and 'Fighter' are all faves here and 'Worried About Ray' and 'In The Morning' are also decent too!

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 27th July 2023, 02:05 PM
Post #39
Group icon

This Week:

2002- Elvis vs JXL- A Little Less Conversation

2004- Britney Spears- Everytime

2005- Green Day- Wake Me Up When September Ends

Commentary will follow.

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 31st July 2023, 05:26 PM
Post #40
Group icon
Rob aah

Among Britney and Green Day's best respectively and I do like ALLC but it's never been a big fave and sometimes can grate tbh.

+Quote this post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 11th June 2024, 12:17 PM