BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> CALUM'S KYLIE SINGLES RANK
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
SmileyKylie
post 8th November 2020, 09:53 PM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,515

Phew Get Outta My Way at least gets into the top 50
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Calum
post 9th November 2020, 06:39 PM
Post #22
Group icon
nabad
Pronouns: he/him
User: 18,316

46 Got to Be Certain
47 Golden
48 Crystallize
49 Kids (with Robbie Williams)
50 Where the Wild Roses Grow (with Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds)

Into the top 50 now, and at the top of this section is Got to Be Certain, harking all the way back to Kylie's self-titled debut era. It's the first single from the era to depart, but it's such a great song. It's a bop, and it's always great to hear it performed live when it's given the chance to shine. Golden, the title track from Kylie's fourteenth studio album, I didn't really take to a lot until she opened the Golden tour with it, but since then it's definitely grown a lot and I can appreciate a lot more and it's a great summary of the album in general. Crystallize, one of the songs that didn't quite make the cut for Kiss Me Once, had us wondering what other gems were left out when there were a few side-eye worthy songs that did make it onto the album. This is a cute little song, and while not exactly the most amazing thing Kylie's ever recorded, it surely would have slotted in nicely as a bonus track somewhere? Tour staple Kids sneaks into the top 50, and although I'm really tired of hearing it live now (we really don't need to hear it on every tour!), there's no denying it's always a massive moment with great production (particularly on the Golden tour). It's a great collaboration, but one that I could go very lengthy periods without hearing and not miss it. Finally, Where the Wild Roses Grow is a song that I wasn't all that familiar with until its very brief appearance on the Showgirl tour, wedged between parts of Red Blooded Woman. It's a very dark, moody song, but it works so well and is always good to go back to for a change of pace and style.

+Quote this post
SmileyKylie
post 9th November 2020, 06:59 PM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,515

Golden is a thing of beauty

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 9th November 2020, 07:13 PM
Post #24
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

Love crystallize so happy its not at the very bottom, again got to be certain and where the wild roses grow are too low for me as i really like both,

+Quote this post
Calum
post 9th November 2020, 09:43 PM
Post #25
Group icon
nabad

QUOTE(Feel_The_Fever @ Nov 9 2020, 07:13 PM) *
Love crystallize so happy its not at the very bottom, again got to be certain and where the wild roses grow are too low for me as i really like both,

I wish Got to Be Certain could be higher cry.gif

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 9th November 2020, 09:43 PM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

It is hard to give all the good songs a high ranking but got to be certain would be at least 20 places higher for me at the least.

+Quote this post
Calum
post 9th November 2020, 09:54 PM
Post #27
Group icon
nabad

41 Come into My World
42 Je ne sais pas pourquoi
43 Did It Again
44 The Loco-Motion
45 Give Me Just a Little More Time

Marching on, just missing out on a spot in the top 40 is Come into My World, the fourth and final single to be released from Fever. This is a great song, and I'll forever love the video just for how iconic it is with Kylie looping on herself, but at the same time always missing herself. It's a beautiful moment when she slows the tempo down on tour, and all-round her voice is great on it. Je ne sais pas pourquoi sneaks in, probably mostly due to how much I adore the performance of it from the Showgirl tour. It's a song I'd never have taken any notice of otherwise, but it's just so lovely, and the build up to the chorus is *chef's kiss*. Did It Again, the second single from Impossible Princess, shows up in the middle of the section here - a great song that continues to go in the different direction that most of that era did, and it does it so well. Perhaps surprisingly, Kylie's debut single The Loco-Motion drops out before we reach the top 40. With so much greatness still to come, there are a couple of reasons this finishes so low; sometimes it just really annoys me, and although it's obviously iconic for so many reasons, I just can't take to all the variations we hear on tour, etc. Still a good song, but one that's very tiring after you've heard it however many times. Give Me Just a Little More Time is our last stop on this express (points for the reference x) - a fun number that doesn't exactly push boundaries but you can bop along to and feel good!

+Quote this post
pippa
post 9th November 2020, 10:33 PM
Post #28
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031

The Loco Motion is vintage classic Kylie and also a favourite of Kylie's as she revealed last year.

+Quote this post
Calum
post 10th November 2020, 02:40 PM
Post #29
Group icon
nabad

QUOTE(pippa @ Nov 9 2020, 10:33 PM) *
The Loco Motion is vintage classic Kylie and also a favourite of Kylie's as she revealed last year.

Understandable Kylie loves it so much. I do like it, but there are just a lot of other songs ahead of it in terms of quality! sad.gif

+Quote this post
JustCarolHoney
post 10th November 2020, 02:47 PM
Post #30
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 117,248

I love this. Thanks Callum hun.

I lobe that video of Sean Mendez. He is a cutie, too young for me but I still would. Lol.

Thanks huns.

Just Carol Sweety heart.gif

+Quote this post
Calum
post 10th November 2020, 03:47 PM
Post #31
Group icon
nabad

QUOTE(JustCarolHoney @ Nov 10 2020, 02:47 PM) *
I love this. Thanks Callum hun.

I lobe that video of Sean Mendez. He is a cutie, too young for me but I still would. Lol.

Thanks huns.

Just Carol Sweety heart.gif

Aww thank you Carol hun wub.gif

Glad you like Shawn too kink.gif heart.gif

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 10th November 2020, 06:27 PM
Post #32
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116

Come Into My World is top 5 for me!

But I think your ranking is closer to how most people would rank it. It’s so underrated but I always argue me and the GRAMMYs have taste laugh.gif

There’s none of my real faves went so far tbh. It’s good to see that a good few eras have been covered already though in terms of the elimination hopefully the top end is more like that too. She’s way more versatile than I first thought.

+Quote this post
Calum
post 10th November 2020, 08:04 PM
Post #33
Group icon
nabad

36 Cowboy Style
37 What Kind of Fool (Heard All That Before)
38 Timebomb
39 The One
40 Magic

My earliest memory of Cowboy Style, another of the singles from the Impossible Princess era, is the performance from the Fever2002 tour - and it was such a great one! And then she only went and added it into the Homecoming version of the Showgirl tour - what a delight that was. Cowboy Style is a fun song that I always forget how much I love until I go back to it. What Kind of Fool (Heard All That Before) is a pleasant jam that doesn't fail to make me bop along every time I hear it - while not quite up there with other songs similar to it (i.e. What Do I Have to Do, etc) - it's still great, and ended up being higher in this countdown than I anticipated! Timebomb, bridging the gap between albums for us, remains a sexy bop that gets going from the very beginning, leading into that chorus - still manages to sound fresh for Kylie, but at the same time has that classic sound that we all know and love. I'm very sorry to any fans of The One out there that would have wanted it to be top 10, but sadly that was never going to happen here oops. I do like The One, and it's good when I go back and listen, but sadly not up there with the very best of Kylie's singles for me, and I feel I definitely hold it in a much lower regard than many other fans. Finally, most recent single Magic sneaks into the top 40. I still can't quite make my mind up about this. When I first heard it, I thought it sounded a bit lifeless and empty. It definitely sounds so much better in the context of the album, but there's still time for it to grow so I'm not going to be too harsh on it. I am enjoying it with repeated listens!

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 11th November 2020, 03:00 AM
Post #34
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
User: 3,217

The One being so low is not the one xxx Are you familiar with Freemasons single mix of it? That’s the version I played most in 2008, although in the last couple of years I’ve come back around to preferring the album version. Both amazing though. *.*

What Kind of Fool always makes me think of Kylie’s complete lack of enthusiasm when a presenter asked her if she liked the song, when she was promoting it laugh.gif “Yeah... ��”. A cute bop!

Nice to see Magic within the Top 40 wub.gif In an alternate world where the chart is still physicals only, I’m sure this would have been an easy Top 3 smash for her! It sits very nicely alongside some of her 00s singles.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 11th November 2020, 03:47 AM
Post #35
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

QUOTE(Jay* @ Nov 11 2020, 03:00 AM) *
What Kind of Fool always makes me think of Kylie’s complete lack of enthusiasm when a presenter asked her if she liked the song, when she was promoting it laugh.gif “Yeah... ��”. A cute bop!

laugh.gif I just had to find this!

I wouldn't be surprised if she wasn't too keen. We knew she was leaving PWL at this point and had probably been wanting to move onto something different for some time, so to record something that reflected the mood and energy of her early hits probably wasn't something she was all that excited about. Therefore it was quite the surprise to see it included on the Step Back in Time compilation, not even just the re-release but the main edition! It is bop though.

Aside from 'The One' only just scraping the Top 40, it seems we have fairly similar tastes in Kylie music, Calum!

Nice to see Magic within the Top 40 wub.gif In an alternate world where the chart is still physicals only, I’m sure this would have been an easy Top 3 smash for her! It sits very nicely alongside some of her 00s singles.

She will be Top 3 on physicals this week though. wub.gif

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 11th November 2020, 04:28 AM
Post #36
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
User: 3,217

I was also surprised that it made the cut! Justice for What Kind of Fool was served!

+Quote this post
Calum
post 11th November 2020, 08:16 PM
Post #37
Group icon
nabad

The One being so low is not the one xxx Are you familiar with Freemasons single mix of it? That’s the version I played most in 2008, although in the last couple of years I’ve come back around to preferring the album version. Both amazing though. *.*

Sorry sad.gif I am familiar with the Freemasons mix, but that doesn't really do much for me either. kink.gif

I'm hoping that over time Magic does solidify itself as a favourite, but for the time being, yeah it was lucky to make the top 40. sad.gif

QUOTE(Liam.k. @ Nov 11 2020, 03:47 AM) *
Aside from 'The One' only just scraping the Top 40, it seems we have fairly similar tastes in Kylie music, Calum!

Glad to hear, Liam! wub.gif

+Quote this post
Calum
post 11th November 2020, 08:24 PM
Post #38
Group icon
nabad

31 Finer Feelings
32 Wouldn’t Change a Thing
33 Slow
34 Step Back in Time
35 Higher (Taio Cruz feat. Kylie Minogue)

Let's Get to It single Finer Feelings just misses out on a spot in the top 30 - a really lovely, smooth track that has been performed live a few times, and none will come close to the performance on the Showgirl Homecoming tour - a real beauty! A great single that I don't go back to as often as I should; again, something different from Kylie, but at the same time still brilliant. Back to the Enjoy Yourself era now, and Wouldn't Change a Thing appears to liven things up in the Finer Feelings / Slow sandwich. A real favourite of early Kylie for me, and it sounds amazing even now when she sings it live. Slow, much like The One, is probably going to be another upset for some that would rank it a LOT higher, but sadly top 35 is as much as it can hope for here. It's a nice track, but much like The Loco-Motion, I'm not here for the constant new versions we hear on tour - it just doesn't grab me like it does some/most others. The inspiration for Kylie's latest greatest hits album, Step Back in Time just manages to reach the top 35 - a funky and groovy track that really gets you moving and on your feet. It's always a highlight on tour, and it's one that I always forget how much I do love until I hear it again and I'm like 'omg that chorus, yes Kylie!'. Finally in this section, we have Kylie's feature on Taio Cruz's single Higher. I feel like this is definitely a song that's nowhere near as loved by many fans as it is by me - it's such a BOP, and I still go back to it frequently - so good and it sounds just as great today as it did when it was first released. Please feature on more songs like this Kylie x

+Quote this post
Red Blooded Man
post 12th November 2020, 12:29 PM
Post #39
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 822

Higher is way too high.

+Quote this post
pippa
post 12th November 2020, 01:16 PM
Post #40
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031

Higher should me much lower, so many wonderful Kylie songs below it.

+Quote this post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 09:45 AM