BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Masquerade II :: Mask On, 4PM
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Cody Scobell
post Sep 9 2018, 03:16 PM
Post #21
Cause if looks could kill, we wouldn’t want to be Dan Humphrey
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

NO FRILLS TWINS LMAOOOO
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jade
post Sep 9 2018, 03:18 PM
Post #22
I feel so seen in the night
Group: Buzzjack's Sweetheart
Member No.: 12,810

Not someone choosing quite possibly the worst artist in Pupok's repertoire drama.gif

I think I know that BABYMETAL song from plug ohmy.gif and 'RAMsterdam' is quite the title laugh.gif

+Quote Post
danG
post Sep 9 2018, 03:20 PM
Post #23
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

Niceland :: The Knife - Marble House

ABOUT: The Knife were a Swedish electronic music duo from Gothenburg formed in 1999. The group consisted of siblings Karin and Olof Dreijer, who together also run their own record company, Rabid Records. The group gained a large international following in response to their 2003 album Deep Cuts. The duo's first tour took place in 2006, along with the release of their critically acclaimed album Silent Shout. They have won a number of Swedish Grammis, but refuse to attend awards ceremonies. They have appeared in public wearing Venetian masks. Karin released a solo album under the name Fever Ray in 2009, while Olof released several EPs as Oni Ayhun in late 2009 and early 2010. The Knife disbanded in November 2014 after releasing their acclaimed 2013 album Shaking the Habitual and completing its attendant tour.
PREVIOUS APPEARANCES: 'Like A Pen' in BJSC 90s vs. 00s, finished 8th (for Niceland) / 'Heartbeats' in BJSC 10, finished 6th (for B.a.N.G) / 'Variation Of Birds' in BJSC 25, finished 18th in semi-final (for Elëdan)

+++

Cor Lupus :: CONTACT - Sunset

ABOUT: CONTACT are an indie electronic trio from Boston, Massachusetts, who make dark, melodic orchestral pop with an '80s post-punk influence.
PREVIOUS APPEARANCE: 'Never Stop' in BJSC 90, finished 4th

+++

Dobago :: Albin Myers & Carli - Conflict

ABOUT: Albin Myers & Carli are two Swedish DJs and producers from Stockholm.
PREVIOUS APPEARANCES: 'The Legend' in BJSC 86, finished 8th (both artists for Dobago) / 'Look Up' in BJSC 53, finished 1st (Carli for #00274E)

+++

Next up... PRoJ, Lotunia and Jupiterdonia.

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
post Sep 9 2018, 03:20 PM
Post #24
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Jade @ Sep 9 2018, 08:18 AM) *
and 'RAMsterdam' is quite the title laugh.gif
that’s just getting started; you should hear RAMexico

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
post Sep 9 2018, 03:21 PM
Post #25
   No Gallery Pics

Wait Contact released something new ajfkshdkdhdj where was I in all of this???

+Quote Post
FrankLuck
post Sep 9 2018, 03:24 PM
Post #26
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Group: Members
Member No.: 10,284
   No Gallery Pics

Ooh, I'm really happy with the Land of DW entry wub.gif

+Quote Post
danG
post Sep 9 2018, 03:25 PM
Post #27
   No Gallery Pics

PRoJ :: Lianne La Havas - Unstoppable

ABOUT: Lianne Charlotte Barnes (born 23 August 1989), known professionally as Lianne La Havas, is a British singer and songwriter. Her career began after being introduced to various musicians and singer Paloma Faith, for whom she sang backing vocals. In 2010, La Havas signed to Warner Bros. Records, spending two years developing her songwriting before releasing any music. La Havas' debut studio album, Is Your Love Big Enough? (2012), was released to positive reviews from critics and earned her a nomination for the BBC's Sound of 2012 poll and awards for the iTunes Album of The Year 2012.
PREVIOUS APPEARANCE: 'Forget' in BJSC 42, finished 15th

+++

Lotunia :: Lizzo - Water Me

ABOUT: Melissa Jefferson (born April 27, 1988), better known by her stage name Lizzo, is an American alternative hip hop artist based in Minneapolis, Minnesota. She is a founding member of indie hip hop groups The Chalice, Grrrl Prty, The Clerb, Ellypseas, and Absynthe. Her debut album, Lizzobangers, was released in 2013. Two years later, Lizzobangers was followed by Big Grrrl Small World in 2015, which, only one year later, was followed with the 2016 major-label EP Coconut Oil.
PREVIOUS APPEARANCE: No main contest appearances ('Good As Hell' in Buzzjackfestivalen V, eliminated in Andra Chansen)

+++

Jupiterdonia :: Smallpools & The Aces - Stumblin' Home

ABOUT: Smallpools is a US-based indie pop band that formed in 2013. The band consists of Sean Scanlon (vocals), Mike Kamerman (guitar), and Beau Kuther (drums). After their debut single "Dreaming" charted at number one on The Hype Machine, Smallpools' self-titled debut EP was released via RCA Records on July 16, 2013. The Aces (formerly The Blue Aces) are an American all-female band from Provo, Utah. The band comprises four members; guitarist Katie Henderson, bassist McKenna Petty, and sisters drummer Alisa Ramirez and lead vocalist and guitarist Cristal Ramirez.
PREVIOUS APPEARANCES: 'Million Bucks' in BJSC 97, finished 27th (Smallpools for Jupiterdonia) / 'Dreaming' in BJSC 55, finished 11th (Smallpools for Varakë) / 'Stuck' in BJSC 87, finished 32nd in semi-final (The Aces for Triangledonia) / 'Put It On The Line' in BJSC 107, finished 18th (The Aces for Harmonica)

+++

Next up... Flynnonda, St. Burbia and Aesthetica.

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post Sep 9 2018, 03:25 PM
Post #28
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

Not going to lie my first thought was 'The Knife? Who are they and did I send them to anything?' tongue.gif

Then I realised I'd sent Like a Pen to a spinoff (which is a great song, I'd just forgotten I'd sent it), an interesting choice for Niceland anyway and I can very quickly whittle down the people who could have sent it kink.gif

+Quote Post
Klaus
post Sep 9 2018, 03:26 PM
Post #29
❤️❤️➕🟦
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

omg Lianne La Havas - Unstoppable <3 <3 love love love

+Quote Post
NocheLuna
post Sep 9 2018, 03:29 PM
Post #30
Meh.
Member No.: 24,695
   No Gallery Pics

Lizzo??? okay. don't know how to feel about that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

+Quote Post
danG
post Sep 9 2018, 03:30 PM
Post #31
   No Gallery Pics

Flynnonda :: Lucy Mason - Out Of The Blue

ABOUT: Lucy Mason is a singer from London, UK.
PREVIOUS APPEARANCE: 'Hunger' in BJSC 92, finished 39th

+++

St. Burbia :: Basenji (feat. Mereki) - Don’t Let Go

ABOUT: Basenji (born Sebastian Carlos Muecke) is an Australian electronic musician and DJ. He gained popularity through the Triple J Unearthed competition. He was then signed to the record label, future classic in 2014, through which he released several singles and one extended play.
PREVIOUS APPEARANCE: 'Can't Get Enough' in BJSC 83, finished 21st in semi-final (Basenji)

+++

Aesthetica :: Ängie - Spun

ABOUT: Angelina Dehn, better known by her stage name Ängie, is a Swedish pop and trap-hop artist.
PREVIOUS APPEARANCES: 'Housewife Spliffin' in BJSC Schlargerfest, finished 7th (for Aesthetica) / 'Smoke Weed Eat Pussy' in BJSC 90, finished 28th (for Pupok)

+++

Next up... Fljotavik, Persephonia & Aeroche

+Quote Post
Iz 🌟
post Sep 9 2018, 03:33 PM
Post #32
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 12,929
   No Gallery Pics

Ha! I’m so pleased, Gimme Chocolate is a tune of life. Not my absolute favourite Babymetal song admittedly but there’s a lot of competition for that.

I will listen through all of these tomorrow.

+Quote Post
danG
post Sep 9 2018, 03:35 PM
Post #33
   No Gallery Pics

Fljótavík :: Rainmode - The Taunting

ABOUT: Rainmode are a Swedish electronic pop act.
PREVIOUS APPEARANCES: 'The Foghorn' in BJSC 63, finished 25th

+++

Persephonia :: DANCE WITH THE DEAD - Dressed To Kill

ABOUT: Dance With The Dead, is a duo formed by Justin and Tony. They are musicians coming from different metal bands. That metal background is very apparent in their music, which is a vibrant blend of metal and synths inspired by 80's John Carpenter horror.
PREVIOUS APPEARANCE: 'Waves' in BJSC 69, finished 3rd

+++

Aeroche :: ROZES - Under The Grave

ABOUT: Elizabeth Mencel (born April 14, 1993), better known by her stage name Rozes (stylized as ROZES or R O Z E S), is an American musician, singer and songwriter from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. She is best known for her 2015 collaboration, "Roses", with duo The Chainsmokers. She also featured in Galantis' song Girls On Boys.
PREVIOUS APPEARANCES: 'Everything' in BJSC 74, finished 23rd / 'R U Mine' (Lost Kings Remix) in BJSC 78, finished 6th

+++

Next up... Holland-Oats, Rolloland & Deandria.

+Quote Post
Jade
post Sep 9 2018, 03:38 PM
Post #34

DANCE WITH THE DEAD are one of the handful of Persephonian artists that I've awarded an 18 to, so I'm excited for that one!

+Quote Post
jakee
post Sep 9 2018, 03:39 PM
Post #35
i thought you wore the hairpiece for style
Member No.: 47

‘marble house’ 🏅🥇🏆🎖

+Quote Post
Klaus
post Sep 9 2018, 03:40 PM
Post #36
❤️❤️➕🟦
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

Does Chez have Persephonia

+Quote Post
danG
post Sep 9 2018, 03:40 PM
Post #37
   No Gallery Pics

Holland-Oats :: Art vs. Science - Create/Destroy

ABOUT: Art vs. Science are an Australian electronic dance band based in Sydney, New South Wales. Formed in February 2008, the three-piece consists of James Finn (styled as Jim) on vocals and keyboards; Daniel McNamee (styled as Dan Mac) on vocals, guitars and keyboards; and Daniel Williams (styled as Dan W.) on drums and vocals.
PREVIOUS APPEARANCE: 'In This Together' in BJSC 76, finished 35th (for Land of DW) [artist chosen from Holland-Oats' additional ten choices]

+++

Rolloland :: Guillemots - Annie, Let's Not Wait

ABOUT: Guillemots (stylized as gUiLLeMoTs) are a indie rock band formed in November 2004. The band consists of 3 members: Fyfe Dangerfield, Aristazabal Hawkes, and Greig Stewart. Past members include MC Lord Magrão, who left the band in June 2013 to focus on his new band LUNGS. Formed and based in London, the band's members have been compiled from England, Scotland, Brazil and Canada. Their first album, Through the Windowpane, was nominated for the 2006 Mercury Music Prize. The band has experienced some chart success, with their single "Get Over It" reaching number 20 in the UK Singles Chart in March 2008. Their second album, Red, reached number 9 in the UK Albums Chart in the same month. After touring all through 2008 and Fyfe releasing a solo record the band finished their third record Walk the River released on 18 April 2011. The band's fourth album Hello Land! was released 7 May 2012.
PREVIOUS APPEARANCE: 'We're Here' in BJSC 95, finished 29th in semi-final

+++

Deandria :: Holy Two - Festin

ABOUT: Holy Two are a French group from Lyon.
PREVIOUS APPEARANCES: 'Undercover Girls' in BJSC 91, finished 30th in semi-final

+++

Next up... Taahino, Cadelicia & Quintessa.

(aside: I'm only including spin-offs in 'previous appearances' if they are what is being recycled, was meant to say that earlier)

+Quote Post
Jade
post Sep 9 2018, 03:42 PM
Post #38

Did a double-take when I saw Art vs. Science for Holland-Oats but ofc they had to submit that list of artists they liked. Excited for that one!

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
post Sep 9 2018, 03:43 PM
Post #39
   No Gallery Pics

I was expecting Spun to appear in a main contest!

+Quote Post
danG
post Sep 9 2018, 03:45 PM
Post #40
   No Gallery Pics

Taahino :: Set It Off - Killer In The Mirror

ABOUT: Set It Off is an American rock band based in Tampa, Florida (but according to their YouTube page it's Los Angeles). The band has gained a large following through vocalist Cody Carson's YouTube Channel Set it Off was subsequently signed by Equal Vision Records after releasing a string of successful extended plays. Out of the three studio albums that have been released, two have charted on the US Billboard 200; Cinematics (2012) peaked at 174 while Duality (2014) peaked at 86 and Upside Down (2016) peaked at 51.
PREVIOUS APPEARANCE: 'Forever Stuck In Our Youth' in BJSC 75, finished 24th in semi-final

+++

Cadelicia :: Julie Bergan - Guilt Trip

ABOUT: Julie Bergan (born April 12, 1994) is a Norwegian singer and songwriter.
PREVIOUS APPEARANCES: 'Arigato' in BJSC 93, finished 9th (for Cadelicia) / 'All Hours' in BJSC 70, finished 30th (for N-Lazone) / 'Attitudeproblem' (P3 Remix) in BJSC 95, finished 40th (for République d'Ashton)

+++

Quintessa :: Lali (feat. Pabllo Vittar) - Caliente

ABOUT: Mariana "Lali" Espósito Riera (born 10 October 1991), who records as Lali, is an Argentine actress, singer, dancer, model, and songwriter. Espósito began her career as an actress and singer in 2003 when she joined the cast of the children's telenovela Rincón de Luz, created by producer Cris Morena. She had other subsequent supporting roles in telenovelas Chiquititas and Floricienta and a main role in Casi Ángeles, the latter of which increased her fame in Latin America, the Middle East, and Europe.
Phabullo Rodrigues da Silva (born November 1, 1994), known professionally as Pabllo Vittar, is a Brazilian singer, songwriter, and drag queen. His first appearance on TV happened in 2014, on a Brazilian TV show, performing "I Have Nothing" by Whitney Houston. Later in 2015 he became famous in the media, due to the success of his music video "Open Bar", a Portuguese-language version of Major Lazer's song "Lean On" with original lyrics, produced by Bonde do Rolê and Omulu. In less than four months, the video reached one million views on YouTube. She also released an extended play with the same name, that used pop hits' instrumentals with new arrangements and lyrics.
PREVIOUS APPEARANCE: 'Soy' in BJSC 87, finished 24th in semi-final (Lali)

+++

Next up... Unovia, Terra Avium & Jadakissnia.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:50 PM