BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Artist News
6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Geri Halliwell-Horner | Rosie Frost & the Falcon Queen, Out on October 3rd
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Mr.X
post 25th September 2023, 09:30 PM
Post #61
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,587

Didnt plan to but saw it on Spice Circle and ended up listening. I quite like Beautiful Life actually, and she deliveres it really well! Go Gerita cheer.gif

Ghost in the House's production values are terrible, but it's a fun if a bit annoying track! Who sings the rap though?... ohmy.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
dancinqueen
post 25th September 2023, 09:40 PM
Post #62
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 95,682

Great marketing, beautiful website, the book seems interesting (and perfect for its target audience) and I have the feeling it will do well. I’m gonna pass on the two songs. Was it necessary?

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 26th September 2023, 09:16 AM
Post #63
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,988

The book feels like a massive Harry Potter rip off. Gave the two songs a listen and I think both highlight my issue with Geri's solo music as a whole.

Beautiful life is a lovely song but her vocals are waffer thin and I cant help feeling pretty much every other singer would do the song more justice. Ghost in the house her vocals are layered and the more uptempo means her limitations aren't on show so much. Sadly Ghost in the house is a bit shit as a song.

I think that is why only a few really good uptempo songs from Geri do it for me. Look at me is good example of that.

+Quote this post
schizo_spice
post 26th September 2023, 11:18 AM
Post #64
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 39,574

Well Harry Potter was a massive rip off of The Worst Witch by Jill Murphy only she expanded the world and story.

All books borrow ideas and themes from others. Its naive to think that any idea is completely original.

+Quote this post
dancinqueen
post 26th September 2023, 11:56 AM
Post #65
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

Again. I don’t think here the goal is for her to create anything new, to be a top-writer out of the blue. She knows this could be a quick win as her previous kids books were successful. Quick win, cash in. I would have avoided releasing those two songs, they’re average and I don’t see the connection with the project. Why not an animated trailer showing what the books is about with a more eerie sound, for example an orchestral and epic version of Without Love. Those songs can’t even be used on social media to promote the books, even if you had a picture of it. To me, and it’s my humble opinion, writing is what she should stick to.

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 26th September 2023, 12:03 PM
Post #66
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,587

QUOTE(dancinqueen @ Sep 26 2023, 12:56 PM) *
Again. I don’t think here the goal is for her to create anything new, to be a top-writer out of the blue. She knows this could be a quick win as her previous kids books were successful. Quick win, cash in. I would have avoided releasing those two songs, they’re average and I don’t see the connection with the project. Why not an animated trailer showing what the books is about with a more eerie sound, for example an orchestral and epic version of Without Love. Those songs can’t even be used on social media to promote the books, even if you had a picture of it. To me, and it’s my humble opinion, performing, recording and singing live with the Spice Girls is what she should stick to.

Fixed it for you cheer.gif

+Quote this post
Hugh Janus
post 26th September 2023, 12:32 PM
Post #67
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

QUOTE(Mr.X @ Sep 26 2023, 01:03 PM) *
Fixed it for you cheer.gif

THIS!!!

This fakeliterature, or fakecelebature, is a ghost-written, hackneyed, talentless rip off of Harry Potter. It'a shite. It's a qay to cash in on her Spice fans in the easiest, ans most cynical, way possible.

+Quote this post
Voodoo
post 26th September 2023, 04:34 PM
Post #68
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 5,829

QUOTE(Moby Dick @ Sep 26 2023, 03:32 PM) *
This fakeliterature, or fakecelebature, is a ghost-written

There's a Ghost(writer) in My House!!!1 ohmy.gif

(Joking!)

+Quote this post
Hugh Janus
post 26th September 2023, 07:26 PM
Post #69
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed

QUOTE(Voodoo @ Sep 26 2023, 05:34 PM) *
There's a Ghost(writer) in My House!!!1 ohmy.gif

(Joking!)

Omfg I love that sang!! Yhrre's a ghost in ma house, and it's haauntin me, it's haauntin me! I hear your footsteps on thr stairs, but I know thrre's mo one thrrr ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Voodoo
post 28th September 2023, 07:03 PM
Post #70
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

Geri is already in NYC. Seems like she'll spend at least 10 days in the USA promoting the book. Her publisher must really believe in it.

+Quote this post
Hugh Janus
post 28th September 2023, 07:35 PM
Post #71
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed

Embarrassing. Truly embarrassing. It will do precisely 0 in USA.

+Quote this post
dancinqueen
post 29th September 2023, 08:26 AM
Post #72
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

Wonder if Jenny Frost & the Rainbow Queen will be available in other languages too..

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 29th September 2023, 03:45 PM
Post #73
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

QUOTE(dancinqueen @ Sep 29 2023, 09:26 AM) *
Wonder if Jenny Frost & the Rainbow Queen will be available in other languages too..

laugh.gif

Thank you baby x

+Quote this post
schizo_spice
post 2nd October 2023, 10:12 PM
Post #74
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 39,574

She’s appearing on both The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon and The View tomorrow.

Great promo slots.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 3rd October 2023, 12:00 AM
Post #75
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

Very high profile appearances! I wish she'd got that attention for her music (beyond that initial promo for Schizophonic).

I am curious about what promotion she is doing that is directly targeting the reading ages that the book is aimed at. The signings... mostly adult Spice fans turned up, from my understanding. Not a surprise. The TV appearances... adult viewers. I mean sure, parents will be watching and might consider buying the book for their kids. I just wonder if her promotional campaign is actually reaching children. Surely it's the 9-12 year olds who'll ultimately make or break this project.

It's interesting timing for Geri to become a YA author. There'll be some parents (with kids of that age group) who are in their late 20s / early 30s and won't have been old enough to experience the Spice Girls in their hey day and thus might not particularly care that she's written a book. Although maybe that could be helpful, no preconceived ideas about her.

Anyway, I'm rambling. x

The book is officially out today! I am curious to read it. I wonder if there'll be many critical reviews?

+Quote this post
DoggySwami
post 3rd October 2023, 10:46 AM
Post #76
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 10,950

QUOTE(-Jay- @ Oct 3 2023, 01:00 AM) *
Very high profile appearances! I wish she'd got that attention for her music (beyond that initial promo for Schizophonic).

I am curious about what promotion she is doing that is directly targeting the reading ages that the book is aimed at. The signings... mostly adult Spice fans turned up, from my understanding. Not a surprise. The TV appearances... adult viewers. I mean sure, parents will be watching and might consider buying the book for their kids. I just wonder if her promotional campaign is actually reaching children. Surely it's the 9-12 year olds who'll ultimately make or break this project.

It's interesting timing for Geri to become a YA author. There'll be some parents (with kids of that age group) who are in their late 20s / early 30s and won't have been old enough to experience the Spice Girls in their hey day and thus might not particularly care that she's written a book. Although maybe that could be helpful, no preconceived ideas about her.

Anyway, I'm rambling. x

The book is officially out today! I am curious to read it. I wonder if there'll be many critical reviews?

I would argue that teenagers are not going to get interested in a book by hearing directly from an adult author. They probably find books from marketing and reviews online, and that's mostly down to the publisher. So Geri might as well focus on selling the book to the parents, teachers, and influencers who will actually push it to the target audience. And of course the copies sold to fans will also help with the launch sales. If the launch goes well she will probably go in a tour of schools, but that usually happens after the kids have had time to read the book by themselves.

+Quote this post
Voodoo
post 3rd October 2023, 10:57 AM
Post #77
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

Despite the extensive promotion, it isn't doing very well on Amazon UK (#12,262) and Amazon US (#47,161) at the moment.

+Quote this post
dancinqueen
post 3rd October 2023, 11:45 AM
Post #78
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

QUOTE(Voodoo @ Oct 3 2023, 10:57 AM) *
Despite the extensive promotion, it isn't doing very well on Amazon UK (#12,262) and Amazon US (#47,161) at the moment.

Once she has introduced Jenny Frost to the whole world, it’s gonna start climbing. Also, I see Geri’s audience going to buy the book in stores, not online. I’m sure she’s gonna do fine.

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 3rd October 2023, 12:06 PM
Post #79
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,988

QUOTE(Voodoo @ Oct 3 2023, 11:57 AM) *

I'm not surprised Id say Geri as a person these days is hugely off putting and I would imagine her promo is doing more harm than good.

She also has lost a lot of the gay fans over the hugging Liz Truss and Nadine Dorries pics. It is amazing how often that is brought up on twitter or she is called Tory Spice. I think that might be the single most damaging thing any Spice girl has ever done to her own image as it was directly her target fanbase that it offended.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 3rd October 2023, 01:40 PM
Post #80
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

It's amazing in a way that this is the straw that broke the camel's back, given she's a well-known staunch Tory and it's not as if all the "I love Margaret Thatcher" declarations over the years are hidden from public knowledge.

+Quote this post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 11th June 2024, 09:14 PM