BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

24 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Dawn of Chromatica • Remix Album, September 3rd 2021
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
k👠th
post 5th April 2021, 03:19 PM
Post #41
Group icon
baddest of them all
User: 6,764

QUOTE(Adelita @ Apr 5 2021, 04:40 PM) *
Congrats on the 18k sold in the first week and just one week on the charts I guess? huh.gif

Club Future Nostalgia was not a "widespread mess". If this claim is based on Stan Twitter then LOL.

It didn't only sell 18k and drop off the charts after 1 week either - Billboard f***ed up with the charting of its release and Future Nostalgia. The week CFN entered, they removed Future Nostalgia from the chart and the week Future Nostalgia re-entered, CFN was removed.

It has over 77 million streams on Spotify which is really good going for what is essentially a DJ Mix that wasn't intended to set the charts alight in the first place.

There's no need to have a go at Charli and Rina either. The charts are not their demographic anyway and just because they are not charting doesn't make them "z-list". Both are incredibly talented ladies with top quality, widely acclaimed music and they don't need the charts to prove it!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 5th April 2021, 04:43 PM
Post #42
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

I have no idea which track I want Bad Bunny or Rina on, but I want those.. NOW!

Rina on 'Free Woman' maybe? *.* (or joining both Gaga and Elton on Sine From Above with an extended mix?)
Bad Bunny... idk which but PLZ make it work! *.*

Also Basement Jaxx remixing 'Replay' would be a good move I think! Miley on 'Fun Tonight' would be cool. Dua on 'Enigma' perhaps?

So many possibilities.

EDIT: Personal choice (never ever going to happen) would be Little Mix on one of the songs.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 5th April 2021, 05:04 PM
Post #43
Group icon
User: 13,007

Rina + Free Woman is the one I've seen being suggested on Twitter *.*

+Quote this post
Sour Candy
post 5th April 2021, 05:10 PM
Post #44
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 10,275

But what we essentially need is

+Quote this post
Adelita
post 5th April 2021, 06:19 PM
Post #45
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 82,234

QUOTE(k👠th @ Apr 5 2021, 12:19 PM) *
Club Future Nostalgia was not a "widespread mess". If this claim is based on Stan Twitter then LOL.

It didn't only sell 18k and drop off the charts after 1 week either - Billboard f***ed up with the charting of its release and Future Nostalgia. The week CFN entered, they removed Future Nostalgia from the chart and the week Future Nostalgia re-entered, CFN was removed.

It has over 77 million streams on Spotify which is really good going for what is essentially a DJ Mix that wasn't intended to set the charts alight in the first place.

There's no need to have a go at Charli and Rina either. The charts are not their demographic anyway and just because they are not charting doesn't make them "z-list". Both are incredibly talented ladies with top quality, widely acclaimed music and they don't need the charts to prove it!

That's because Dua's remix album sold more than Future Nostalgia that week, so all streams counted for the remix album and not for the album, the same case with The Weekend's After Hours and his greatest hits album, Billboard didn't f***ed up anything, their rule is for everyone.

Try to understand that quality is subjective and it's not and will never be equivalent to success. Critical approval doesn't mean that something is good.

What may be good for them or for you, may not be for me and many others.

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 6th April 2021, 04:35 AM
Post #46
Group icon
baddest of them all

QUOTE(Adelita @ Apr 5 2021, 08:19 PM) *
That's because Dua's remix album sold more than Future Nostalgia that week, so all streams counted for the remix album and not for the album, the same case with The Weekend's After Hours and his greatest hits album, Billboard didn't f***ed up anything, their rule is for everyone.

Try to understand that quality is subjective and it's not and will never be equivalent to success. Critical approval doesn't mean that something is good.

What may be good for them or for you, may not be for me and many others.

Billboard did f*** up. That is a ridiculous chart rule.

And sure Jan - you keep telling yourself that. If you think chart success determines quality, that's an incredibly shallow, immature and narrow minded view to have. Carry on defending Flo Rida I guess tearsmile.gif

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 6th April 2021, 08:40 AM
Post #47
Group icon

Billboard reporting on it cheeseblock.png

+Quote this post
Adelita
post 6th April 2021, 11:19 AM
Post #48
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

QUOTE(k👠th @ Apr 6 2021, 01:35 AM) *
Billboard did f*** up. That is a ridiculous chart rule.

And sure Jan - you keep telling yourself that. If you think chart success determines quality, that's an incredibly shallow, immature and narrow minded view to have. Carry on defending Flo Rida I guess tearsmile.gif

It doesn't matter if you think this rule is ridiculous, the rule is for all artists and not just for Dua and her bad remix album that only made some noise cuz it became a meme due to the horrible work that B. Madonna did on it. Billboard will not change their rules just because you think they're bad.

For me, success on the charts determines quality, because the audience is paying attention to that work/artist, so there must be some quality to it, even if you can't see it. Quality is subjective, personal, it's not because you have stipulated in your mind that an artist is good (based on the opinion of other people) that I am obliged to agree with your personal taste. I have my own and if I don't like an artist, I'll express it, I'm not hurting anyone, just expressing a guaranteed right to me, like everyone else. Move on.

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 6th April 2021, 12:00 PM
Post #49
Group icon
baddest of them all

QUOTE(Adelita @ Apr 6 2021, 01:19 PM) *
It doesn't matter if you think this rule is ridiculous, the rule is for all artists and not just for Dua and her bad remix album that only made some noise cuz it became a meme due to the horrible work that B. Madonna did on it. Billboard will not change their rules just because you think they're bad.

For me, success on the charts determines quality, because the audience is paying attention to that work/artist, so there must be some quality to it, even if you can't see it. Quality is subjective, personal, it's not because you have stipulated in your mind that an artist is good (based on the opinion of other people) that I am obliged to agree with your personal taste. I have my own and if I don't like an artist, I'll express it, I'm not hurting anyone, just expressing a guaranteed right to me, like everyone else. Move on.

Ok Adelita

+Quote this post
RobBot
post 6th April 2021, 03:40 PM
Post #50
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117

I think a Chromatica remix album would be so fun! I never really think about remix albums being particularly mainstream aiming anyway, it's more of an additional for the fans rather than setting the charts alight, isn't it? I know The Fame Remix had stuff from the likes of The Sound of Arrows and Passion Pit.

People who have been mentioned here like SOPHIE, Rina, Charli, Grimes, Kim, AG Cook etc would be a super fun take on the album imo, without straying away from the overall ~vibe. I'd love to here some more disco remixes like the Purple Disco Machine twist of Rain On Me.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 6th April 2021, 05:24 PM
Post #51
Group icon

w00t.gif

+Quote this post
Sour Candy
post 6th April 2021, 05:36 PM
Post #52
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Yess! We need it

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 7th April 2021, 12:31 PM
Post #53
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54

This could be amazing! ohmy.gif

I enjoyed Dua's remix album so I'd be totally here for it being a mixtape along those lines. tbh just 15 versions of Babylon would do me *.*

+Quote this post
Adelita
post 7th April 2021, 02:44 PM
Post #54
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

Want my boys Flo Rida and Taio Cruz on her next album

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 19th April 2021, 07:01 PM
Post #55
Group icon

wub.gif

+Quote this post
Doomsday Dong
post 19th April 2021, 07:04 PM
Post #56
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

Sooo are we getting Alice ft. Anastacia through this?? Did the fans demand it?

+Quote this post
Sour Candy
post 19th April 2021, 07:30 PM
Post #57
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Where did you get that plural from? tongue.gif

+Quote this post
Sour Candy
post 25th April 2021, 06:16 PM
Post #58
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Cominngggg??!

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 25th April 2021, 08:21 PM
Post #59
Group icon

Omg cheeseblock.png it could actually be happening then!?

+Quote this post
Sour Candy
post 27th April 2021, 09:39 AM
Post #60
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Hmmmm

+Quote this post

24 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »