BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

13 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Victoria Beckham • General Discussion, Happy Birthday Victoria - 50 today!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
-Jay-
post 17th April 2020, 10:16 PM
Post #81
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

Happy birthday to Victoria, she's 46 today!

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Spice Girls Net
post 17th April 2020, 10:53 PM
Post #82
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 64,815

I made this today

Happy Birthday, Victoria 🥳🎈

This post has been edited by Spice Girls Net: 17th April 2020, 10:54 PM

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 17th April 2020, 11:49 PM
Post #83
Group icon

Love that! wub.gif

+Quote this post
Spice Girls Net
post 17th April 2020, 11:51 PM
Post #84
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 64,815

QUOTE(Jay ☆ @ Apr 18 2020, 12:49 AM) *
Love that! wub.gif

Thank you 🤗

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 18th April 2020, 03:17 PM
Post #85
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

Love love love that Victoria montage 😍😍😍

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 23rd April 2020, 03:06 AM
Post #86
Group icon

Some negative press for Victoria this week...

"Victoria Beckham has relied on taxpayers to pay 30 of her employees via the Government furlough scheme which pays 80% of salaries up to £2,500-a-month.

She faced criticism from all corners for not using her own fortune to pay her workers, including from the likes of Ricky Gervais and Piers Morgan"

"According to sources, Posh has been left reeling by the backlash she received, with one telling the Sun: "Victoria's telling friends that despite her birthday, it's been the 'worst week'.

"She doesn't think it's fair she's getting slammed for something a lot of companies and businesses are doing. She thinks it's unfair and had no idea the backlash would be this bad," the unnamed insider added."

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 23rd April 2020, 08:34 AM
Post #87
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,587

hhhmmm so technically, yes she should't have to rely on this as there are people in much worse situations not able to access any money. I am appauled that people like her, Richard Brandson and that Mike whatever from SportsDirect are behaving during this time.

However, the difference with her business, as much as we know, is that her business has always paid their taxes in the UK - which cannot be said for Virgin, SportsDirect and many others.

On a personal level, I am a 'tax the rich' kind of guy and honestly throughout her career she *did* engage in some shoddy business stuff just like the rest of the Spice Girls (remember how they tried to not pay taxes in 1997/1998, for example). Plus, she is worth upwords of £300million - she could very easily pay her staff herself..

I guess in times of international crisis when it is predicted that the poorest in socity will suffer great hunger in the upcoming economic recession (which is predicted to be higher than in the last 100 years), this really is a bad move for her...

She can afford to keep her business afloat. Millions of others cannot and those should have priority!

+Quote this post
Scene
post 23rd April 2020, 08:47 AM
Post #88
Group icon
Baby Reindeer
User: 5,567

WHO knew Posh was so funny?? I just stumbled across this video by accident!

She's gone up in my Spice Girl rankings after this tbh. Underappreciated. heart.gif

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 23rd April 2020, 09:25 AM
Post #89
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Re the Tax issues, I'm kinda appalled she is accessing the help as she has more than enough to pay her relatively small staffing and keep her business afloat. However she does pay tons of tax into the system, so I think she is entitled to take some relief back. It's not the road I would have gone down in her position however I'm not going to hold it against her as she does support the economy. Richard Branson on the other hand does my nut in, he shouldn't get a penny, he has billions and he doesn't pay a penny in tax, so he can fork it out of his own money.

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 23rd April 2020, 02:49 PM
Post #90
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Spiceboy @ Apr 23 2020, 09:25 AM) *
Re the Tax issues, I'm kinda appalled she is accessing the help as she has more than enough to pay her relatively small staffing and keep her business afloat. However she does pay tons of tax into the system, so I think she is entitled to take some relief back. It's not the road I would have gone down in her position however I'm not going to hold it against her as she does support the economy. Richard Branson on the other hand does my nut in, he shouldn't get a penny, he has billions and he doesn't pay a penny in tax, so he can fork it out of his own money.

Agree. It's a tricky time and she should have been more tactical about it as she can afford to. Also, she does fashion and a lot of it is sold online - so it's not like her business sales would have suffered hugely right now...

Like you said, she has a better standing than Brandson, because as far as we know she has consistently paid her taxes since launching this initiative. BUT she is very well known to have been trying to avoid them in the past, and people wont forget that.

I kind of wish she would at least appologise or do something about this like create opportunities for other people or something, rather than simply complain. It just makes the situation worse...

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 23rd April 2020, 03:10 PM
Post #91
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Mr.X @ Apr 23 2020, 03:49 PM) *
Agree. It's a tricky time and she should have been more tactical about it as she can afford to. Also, she does fashion and a lot of it is sold online - so it's not like her business sales would have suffered hugely right now...

Like you said, she has a better standing than Brandson, because as far as we know she has consistently paid her taxes since launching this initiative. BUT she is very well known to have been trying to avoid them in the past, and people wont forget that.

I kind of wish she would at least appologise or do something about this like create opportunities for other people or something, rather than simply complain. It just makes the situation worse...

We need a like button on Buzzjack!! cheer.gif

+Quote this post
Voodoo
post 23rd April 2020, 04:35 PM
Post #92
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 5,829

If what she is doing is legal then you shouldn't be mad at her. It's her prerogative.

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 23rd April 2020, 09:20 PM
Post #93
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Voodoo @ Apr 23 2020, 04:35 PM) *
If what she is doing is legal then you shouldn't be mad at her. It's her prerogative.

Not everything that is legal is right. Poverty is legal and it still happens, that doesnt mean it is right. You have a moral compass and you're not just an individual. You have a responsibility in society.

Again, what she is doing isnt illegal but it definitely doesnt sit well when there are literally people starving because of this and she is sitting on her millions whilst getting tax payers to pay for it all. The ones with the most money need to back off. It's literally a matter of life or death for hundreds of thousands of people in the UK right now..

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 23rd April 2020, 09:32 PM
Post #94
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Voodoo @ Apr 23 2020, 05:35 PM) *

While it isn't illegal the advice given out was that this was for businesses who needed the help, not for multi-millionaires who could fund their business...

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 23rd April 2020, 11:17 PM
Post #95
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Spiceboy @ Apr 23 2020, 09:32 PM) *
While it isn't illegal the advice given out was that this was for businesses who needed the help, not for multi-millionaires who could fund their business...

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 23rd April 2020, 11:27 PM
Post #96
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,988

The scheme I'm sure would be means tested (only businesses that truly need it would get tax payers money to support their staff) but small businesses just don't have time to go through that red tape as they will likely go bust before a decision is made to award them it.

Basically the government are asking businesses to claim benefits but like the benefits system it should only go to those who truly need it.

The big problem is this benefit will leave the country in massive debt for probably a whole generation and sadly as with most Tory governments they will make sure it wont be the rich who suffer the consequences of that.

This post has been edited by sammy01: 23rd April 2020, 11:29 PM

+Quote this post
tommie
post 24th April 2020, 07:34 AM
Post #97
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 8,073

At least Victoria will always have that she made the Karen haircut mainstream.

+Quote this post
Voodoo
post 24th April 2020, 07:57 AM
Post #98
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 5,829

QUOTE(Spiceboy @ Apr 24 2020, 12:32 AM) *

There have been several reports over the years that her business is struggling & losing money, so you can't say she doesn't need help.

Read here: https://www.bbc.com/news/business-50571458

This post has been edited by Voodoo: 24th April 2020, 07:58 AM

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 24th April 2020, 08:23 AM
Post #99
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Voodoo @ Apr 24 2020, 07:57 AM) *
There have been several reports over the years that her business is struggling & losing money, so you can't say she doesn't need help.

Read here: https://www.bbc.com/news/business-50571458

No-one is saying that her business isn't doing well. We are saying that *she* and her creditors have enough cash to cover for staff wages themselves for a bit. The business has *apparently* been loosing money for a long time - they always covered the losses before, why not now?

But also, you do realise that this doesnt mean that the business cant cover its own costs right? Accountants always - ALWAYS - make it look like businesses of her size are loosing money so dont pay as much tax as they should be doing.

+Quote this post
Slick
post 24th April 2020, 08:37 AM
Post #100
Group icon
electric butterflies
User: 70

I really think people need to wind their neck in about the furloughing scheme (in general, not necessarily on Buzzjack). The scheme is there is to help businesses during this time - FACT: a lot of businesses have multi-millionaire owners, however only a select few high-profile business people are getting criticised for accessing the scheme (e.g. Wetherspoons, Victoria Beckham.) If the government didn't want businesses with rich owners to access the scheme, they would have put a cap on it. Look around you at how many stores and businesses on the high street are closed - do you really think they're all little family run businesses??

I think it is very unfair at this time to criticise and target business owners for accessing a scheme that has been made available to them. I thought we were all preaching "be kind" a couple of months ago?

+Quote this post

13 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 07:31 PM