BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Missed opportunities
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
April
post 2nd February 2015, 12:23 AM
Post #1
Group icon
changed the game with that digital drop
User: 11,905

Inspired by threads in some of the other forums, which songs do you think were Leona's biggest missed opportunities?

I think Leona (or more likely her management) were serial offenders of picking the wrong singles and not touching album track gems which would've been great singles.

"Take a Bow" - one of my favourites on 'Spirit' and I think it would've been a nice different single choice for her.
"Footprints In The Sand" - it would've been a smash hit as a stand alone single with a performance on the X Factor finale, imo. It would've been exquisite.
"Forgive Me" - it was made for the USA audience, yet the decided to release I Will Be? Such a bizarre decision.

"Outta My Head" - this was made to be a single and would've been a brilliant new sound for her to release as a single.
"Love Letter" - a very underrated track that sounds perfect for the radio

"Come Alive" - sounds like a smash hit and had a great reception at Radio 1's Big Weekend. I'm still shocked this was never released.
"Glassheart" - also sounds like a smash hit and the radio would've eaten this right up!
"Sugar" - this is too good for a deluxe edition only track. I think it might've done ok as a single at the end of the campaign.

"Your Hallelujah" - classic Leona but in Christmas song form. Both this and "Mr Right" probably would've done well as a second single from CWL.

What are your opinions?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Nina West
post 2nd February 2015, 03:41 AM
Post #2
Group icon
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
User: 19,846

Yes totally agree with all those, "Take A Bow" should have been released after "Better In Time/Footprints In The Sand", and also for the American market.

"Can't Breathe" should have been the lead single from Echo, followed by "Outta My Head", then "Happy", for the 4th release maybe "I Got You", "Naked" or even "Love Letter".

"Come Alive" should have been the lead single for Glassheart, followed by "Fireflies", "Glassheart", "Trouble" and then "Sugar" or "Shake You Up"

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 2nd February 2015, 03:26 PM
Post #3
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

'Naked' really does what 'Love Letter' tries to do, in a much more radio friendly, smashtastic way. I really wish that was a single. sad.gif 'Can't Breathe' would have been flawless too, but not sure exactly where it'd fit as a single.

+Quote this post
Mike Sugafan
post 3rd February 2015, 07:12 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 945

Yes I agree with you April & Acidburn, especially Take A Bow, Come Alive, and Sugar, they sound very single materials.
How could the label choose Lovebird over Come Alive/Sugar? confused.gif

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 3rd February 2015, 08:32 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

Three words:

OUTTA MY HEAD

No, I'll never get over it.