BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Jess Glynne - This Christmas, Amazon Exclusive; future #1?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
vibe
post Jun 23 2020, 05:26 PM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,763
I love Jess !! I don’t understand the hate on this site !
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post Jun 23 2020, 05:28 PM
Post #22
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403
it's not so much that she's crap she just makes it SO easy

+Quote this post
WhoOdyssey
Post #23
Group icon
A dead mouse (from my cat)
User: 67,771
I think her music is decent enough.

other Isle of Wight residents hate her now for not appearing at the IOW Festival last year - she cancelled about 10 minutes before she was supposed to go on stage. It was all set up! Kids were crying. I was alright with it as Richard Ashcroft came on early and Biffy Clyro got an extra long set! laugh.gif turned out she was tired from partying with the Spice Girls the night before!

Jess has been announced again for IOW 2021, and the social media comments have *not* been kind!

+Quote this post
Klumzee
Post #24
Group icon
#TeamAnneMarie
User: 11,421
QUOTE(✖ leww ✖ @ Jun 23 2020, 06:25 PM) *
i would love that because i genuinely can't tell whether i hate her or not

She does have enjoyable songs but I can't get behind her as an artist at all but there's not much to get behind in the first place!

I think my fave of her own songs would be 'Don't Be So Hard On Yourself' and my favourite including features is 'Rather Be'.

Would mods be up for that? I don't mind hosting a singles rate for her if we haven't done one before?

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Jun 23 2020, 05:30 PM
Post #25
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472
QUOTE(Klumzee @ Jun 23 2020, 06:10 PM) *
I think Jess' music has always been a bit 'soulless' (ginger pun not intended) and that her enthusiasm as a musician doesn't seem to match the amount of success she gets. She makes super accessible songs and doesn't have any sort of artistry to her other than what will the public/radio eat up. I've never got the impression she has much to say with her music and when other artists put in so much more to their music, it's frustrating that she gets the success, hence the hate.

Agreed with all of this. I'd also add that she doesn't really seem like a particularly nice person - I can usually separate the artist from their personal life but when there's so little substance in her artistry to begin with, it's quite easy for those negatives to push through.

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post Jun 23 2020, 05:32 PM
Post #26
Group icon
is in hibernation
User: 21,161
QUOTE(Liam.k. @ Jun 23 2020, 06:30 PM) *
Agreed with all of this. I'd also add that she doesn't really seem like a particularly nice person - I can usually separate the artist from their personal life but when there's so little substance in her artistry to begin with, it's quite easy for those negatives to push through.

I agree about her personality, like Debbie Stevens there's no star quality about her, no charisma.

QUOTE(WhoOdyssey @ Jun 23 2020, 06:28 PM) *

other Isle of Wight residents hate her now for not appearing at the IOW Festival last year - she cancelled about 10 minutes before she was supposed to go on stage. It was all set up! Kids were crying. I was alright with it as Richard Ashcroft came on early and Biffy Clyro got an extra long set! laugh.gif turned out she was tired from partying with the Spice Girls the night before!

Jess has been announced again for IOW 2021, and the social media comments have *not* been kind!

That lifetime ban lasted long then tearsmile.gif

+Quote this post
Klumzee
post Jun 23 2020, 05:34 PM
Post #27
Group icon
#TeamAnneMarie
QUOTE(WhoOdyssey @ Jun 23 2020, 06:28 PM) *

I could well be going to IOW 2021 as a few friends are going, she will definitely be on our radar so I might witness a carcrash live if she does appear and I do go. laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Jun 23 2020, 05:36 PM
Post #28
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472
QUOTE(Andrew. @ Jun 23 2020, 06:32 PM) *
I agree about her personality, like Debbie Stevens there's no star quality about her, no charisma.

Hahaha I could actually see Jess reacting exactly like her! laugh.gif

+Quote this post
WhoOdyssey
post Jun 23 2020, 05:38 PM
Post #29
Group icon
A dead mouse (from my cat)
User: 67,771
QUOTE(Klumzee @ Jun 23 2020, 06:34 PM) *
I could well be going to IOW 2021 as a few friends are going, she will definitely be on our radar so I might witness a carcrash live if she does appear and I do go. laugh.gif

I get free tickets from a music blog I have, but I'm really not sure I can be bothered with how dire the lineup is next year laugh.gif (and if alevels are delayed I definitely won't be able to go)

I'm hoping Victorious in Portsmouth have a similar lineup next year, as the one for 2020 was brilliant.

(I do expect Jess to apologise there, and there may be booing!)

+Quote this post
T Boy
post Jun 23 2020, 05:40 PM
Post #30
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
User: 177
Jess lacks personality big time but she has quite a powerful voice. I can see people finding her voice annoying but she can sing which does put her ahead of certain other females for me right now who seem to, I don’t know how to describe it, distort (?) their voices. Like, Anne-Marie surely doesn’t naturally make that awful noise?

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Jun 23 2020, 05:46 PM
Post #31
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
QUOTE(✖ leww ✖ @ Jun 23 2020, 06:25 PM) *
i would love that because i genuinely can't tell whether i hate her or not

Same aha 😂 I feel like my rate would turn out surprisingly high 😂

+Quote this post
Scene
post Jun 23 2020, 05:59 PM
Post #32
Group icon
This is where you end and I begin
User: 5,567
QUOTE(Klumzee @ Jun 23 2020, 06:10 PM) *
I think Jess' music has always been a bit 'soulless' (ginger pun not intended) and that her enthusiasm as a musician doesn't seem to match the amount of success she gets. She makes super accessible songs and doesn't have any sort of artistry to her other than what will the public/radio eat up. I've never got the impression she has much to say with her music and when other artists put in so much more to their music, it's frustrating that she gets the success, hence the hate.

I think we should do a Jess Glynne singles rate to see what songs Buzzjack actually like from her tbh! I do enjoy her features as they tend to have a bit more guidance from the lead artist.

Couldn't have said this better myself. I was a big fan of 'Right Here' (but back then I ate up anything with a bit of House) but her solo music (DBSHOY aside) is extremely grating. 'Thursday' really took the biscuit though. I don't know who I judge more - Ed for writing that s*** or Jess for releasing it. Probably the most condescending and insincere piece of crap I've heard in the past five or so years. Her shade towards Dua further makes me dislike the woman. laugh.gif

I am so here for a Jess rate though. cheer.gif Just to see the averages. gaycat.png

+Quote this post
danG
post Jun 23 2020, 06:20 PM
Post #33
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746
great news! I’d love a rate too just to see if I’m really her number one fan on this forum. kink.gif

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post Jun 23 2020, 06:27 PM
Post #34
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116
I actually really like Jess.

She is inoffensive and not exactly ground breaking but she doesn’t deserve the shade she often gets on here!

I can actually see why she’s had so many #1 singles here tbh as she is so radio friendly and she has some bops, she can also hold a tune too. I’d take part in a Jess rate heart.gif the only track of hers I’d say I dislike is Hold My Hand but I used to work for Jet2 and that song is very inescapable if you work for that company you constantly hear it laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Klumzee
post Jun 23 2020, 06:51 PM
Post #35
Group icon
#TeamAnneMarie
QUOTE(Scene @ Jun 23 2020, 06:59 PM) *
Couldn't have said this better myself. I was a big fan of 'Right Here' (but back then I ate up anything with a bit of House) but her solo music (DBSHOY aside) is extremely grating. 'Thursday' really took the biscuit though. I don't know who I judge more - Ed for writing that s*** or Jess for releasing it. Probably the most condescending and insincere piece of crap I've heard in the past five or so years. Her shade towards Dua further makes me dislike the woman. laugh.gif

I am so here for a Jess rate though. cheer.gif Just to see the averages. gaycat.png

oh my gosh it's petty but to at least know what your fellow pop girls are doing! Especially one is who doing in at ten times your level!

I can set up a rate tomorrow or forever hold ur peace if you object x

+Quote this post
oof
post Jun 23 2020, 07:25 PM
Post #36
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 86,345
One pandemic at a time pls tongue.gif
Jk I actually really like Jess - My friend and I were listening to Hold My Hand for a laugh once because of the constant Jet2 spam so I decided to listen to her music and now I actually really like it so I'm totally here for it. She's just a really easy target lol (shes not exactly 'stan-able'). She has put out some bops over the years as well!

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Jun 23 2020, 07:54 PM
Post #37
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530
Most of my "hate" for Jess is mostly jokey - I like a selection of her songs (Take Me Home, Thursday, Don't Be So Hard On Yourself), but she gets a lot of success for what is mostly very average, personality-lacking music. There's just not exactly much to buy into, in my opinion. I've seen her live too (once as the Spice Girls' support act and once at the Summertime Ball) and she's an okay performer but charisma and stage presence weren't there in spades.

Compared to Anne-Marie who also seems to get a lot of hate on Buzzjack (and she's already been brought up here) who's got charisma and presence in bucketloads, a more varied discography and generally all round better music, it's no comparison magic.gif

+Quote this post
T Boy
post Jun 23 2020, 07:59 PM
Post #38
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
User: 177
Anne-Marie’s music doesn’t exactly display any more personality than Jess’ though. Plus I don’t count what she does on Birthday as singing.

+Quote this post
George.keh
post Jun 23 2020, 08:00 PM
Post #39
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh
User: 32,047
QUOTE(J00psyMethyd @ Jun 23 2020, 03:15 PM) *
I can't believe she was #1 and Pink was #2. In 2019! Did either of them have even one hit single?

Walk Me Hone was a top 10 hit, was it a top 5 hit I can’t remember?

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Jun 23 2020, 08:01 PM
Post #40
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530
QUOTE(T Boy @ Jun 23 2020, 08:59 PM) *
Anne-Marie’s music doesn’t exactly display any more personality than Jess’ though. Plus I don’t count what she does on Birthday as singing.

I think her album would say otherwise - there's plenty of personality on display through songs like Ciao Adios, Alarm, FRIENDS, Bad Girlfriend, Trigger, and even Perfect [to Me] despite that being wildly unpopular on here. As a performer she's in a completely different class to Jess as well!

+Quote this post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 01:56 PM