BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Sovarasma National Thread, BJSC 164: The Mary Wallopers - The Blarney Stone
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
uhsting
post 12th March 2021, 10:02 PM
Post #21
Group icon
I feel it COMING!
Pronouns: he/they
User: 77,363

QUOTE(Bré @ Mar 12 2021, 09:49 PM) *
Asking for feedback and proceeding to confirm the one that the people replying told you not to send

mathswoman.png

kink.gif

Nonetheless, this is a good entry and I hope it'll do well for you, I just think we've kind of had our share of YONAKA entries now lel

Ngl I thought the popularity factor is one of the reasons behind sending this entry so apologies for misreading your message wacko.gif

EDIT: After re-reading I realise this was a big oopsie hithead.gif

This post has been edited by uhsting: 12th March 2021, 10:06 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
TheSnake
post 14th March 2021, 12:51 AM
Post #22
Group icon
Say that hiss with your chest, and...
User: 23,308

Hello leader of Sovarasma. hi.gif

I really like your entry, it sounds very quirky and the rap verse is very catchy in it.

By the way, leader of Sovarasma, did you get the Covid vaccine? Did it uh, sting?

This post has been edited by TheSnake: 14th March 2021, 12:52 AM

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 14th March 2021, 11:20 AM
Post #23
Group icon
I feel it COMING!

QUOTE(TheSnake @ Mar 14 2021, 12:51 AM) *
Hello leader of Sovarasma. hi.gif

I really like your entry, it sounds very quirky and the rap verse is very catchy in it.

By the way, leader of Sovarasma, did you get the Covid vaccine? Did it uh, sting?

Thanks! Aoede got her COVID-19 vaccine earlier. She said COVID-19 itself stings a lot more than the vaccine itself, so the vaccine is nuh, stingn't wink.gif

(In reality I need to do some research on getting the vaccine though because I haven't got one but will get one! wink.gif )

This post has been edited by uhsting: 14th March 2021, 11:21 AM

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 19th March 2021, 09:27 PM
Post #24
Group icon
I feel it COMING!

Sadly YONAKA cannot replicate the grandson magic with the name recognition on Buzzjack, obviously not helped with me misreading people's feedback hithead.gif That being said, 49 points is really great for us and a 12 pointer!

Not sure if I will be doing another feedback session for the next BJSC but it seems I will be going pop next edition, and a strong contender atm (I am really not sure how it will go down to BJSC though). If I do another feedback session, I will make very very sure that I will consider your feedback very seriously and I will not misread any messages.

Attached is YONAKA's latest single, enjoy!

This post has been edited by uhsting: 19th March 2021, 09:31 PM

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 26th March 2021, 11:08 PM
Post #25
Group icon
I feel it COMING!

Currently I'm pretty much set about which song to send in BJSC 134. That being said there are also 2 other songs which I am considering which could also work for Sovarasma -- one song which is very unpredictable and combines rock with opera, another song which is very pop but I love the atmosphere!

If y'all are interested, I could post all the three songs here. smile.gif

+Quote this post
awardinary
post 3rd April 2021, 11:05 AM
Post #26
Group icon
Here to play, here to stay
Pronouns: he/him
User: 21,587

I would like to know what potentials Sovarasma have planned for BJSC 134! smile.gif

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 3rd April 2021, 11:41 AM
Post #27
Group icon
I feel it COMING!

BJSC 134 potentials

Thanks to Wardy for showing interest, here I present you the 3 potentials I have for the BJSC 134, though I'm leaning on the first potential below!

Andreas Moss - Real Love

This song has a catchy hook and the instrumentation in the chorus is pretty strong. This is also an emotional song and relates a lot for me. The singer has a very interesting background too! He was born in a Christian family and began his career as a Christian artist, and actually doing fairly well! However, he faced internal struggles about his sexuality and stopped producing Christian music then, where he switched to producing pop music instead. "Real Love" was written during the moment when Andreas Moss "felt completely lost, ever in the pursuit of trying to find what true love really was and what it really meant".

Isyana Sarasvati - IL SOGNO

Indonesian Isyana Sarasvati was named "2016 Best Asian Artist Indonesia, 2017 Best Composer of the Year" by MAMA Awards, and she composed all her songs by herself. This song is very unique with the incorporation of opera into metal music, somewhat similar to Kate Miller-Heidke blending opera into pop music. The song captures my attention from start to finish and has a strong melody too!

KADEBOSTANY ft. Valeria Stoica - Take Me To The Moon

Take Me To The Moon is a relaxing song that oozes style. This is wonderfully produced pop music and the atmosphere it creates is second-to-none. It also comes to my attention that this song was featured on Groot's latest video on his picks of the most recent song so I suppose this also has an appeal to some people. This song takes inspiration from the ongoing pandemic: "about someone who wants to escape planet Earth for a better world". The lyrics also take inspiration from David Bowie's SPACE ODDITY.

This post has been edited by uhsting: 3rd April 2021, 11:47 AM

+Quote this post
awardinary
post 3rd April 2021, 12:55 PM
Post #28
Group icon

Hey again, so I took a listen to those three songs, and I also think you should go with the first option of Andreas Moss. I liked it more than the other two and I think it has the best chance of qualifying. The second best option here I feel is KADEBOSTANY, very chilled and nice vibes, but not a strong entry and would probably DNQ. I don’t get the other song though, Isyana Sarasvati, I don’t really understand the genre... but I know someone who would likely give you maximum points for it... Iz! tongue.gif

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 13th April 2021, 09:13 PM
Post #29
Group icon
I feel it COMING!

Sovarasma has decided to send Andreas Moss!

Thanks Wardy for the feedback once again! After very careful consideration and lots of self-doubts on tons of potentials that I have in mind, Real Love is the entry as I think this song has combined pop and ballad well, and the vocals are amazing too.

About Andreas Moss

Andreas Moss was born in a Christian family and was struggling with his queerness when he was growing up. He was often bullied in church and hated himself even during his time as a Christian artist under the name of Jonathan Thulin. He then quitted making Christian music and dove into the pop music scene, embracing his identity and toured with notable artists such as Andy Grammar. His music was also inspired by Black musicians like Beyoncé, which means he makes a wide variety of genre of music.

About Real Love

Real Love was composed during the time when Andreas felt completely lost and in pursuit of the meaning of true love. Co-written with Sam Tinnesz and Joseph Williams, the song focuses on his vocal work, especially towards the end. The song is a mix of several different genres, with "the beat-heavy bounce of R&B, the digital sweep of EDM, and the sparkling sonics of contemporary pop music". I hope you enjoy this song as much as I do!

+Quote this post
awardinary
post 13th April 2021, 10:37 PM
Post #30
Group icon

QUOTE(uhsting @ Apr 13 2021, 10:13 PM) *
Thanks Wardy for the feedback once again! After very careful consideration and lots of self-doubts on tons of potentials that I have in mind, Real Love is the entry as I think this song has combined pop and ballad well, and the vocals are amazing too.

Hoping that the decision pays off for you, but once again, it’s a very tough Semi final, and even I don’t think I have a chance to qualify this time after the reveals ceremony! But let’s wait and see what the voters decide! wink.gif

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 20th April 2021, 09:14 PM
Post #31
Group icon
I feel it COMING!

Sadly DNQ streak has extended to 4 contests with no qualifiers so far this year. We are still waiting for that song but here is a new song from Andreas Moss! Enjoy!

As for next edition, Sovarasma has already decided their next entry. It is going to sound quite avant-garde but Buzzjack-friendly from what I observe.

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 9th May 2021, 06:52 PM
Post #32
Group icon
I feel it COMING!

Oops actually have an EDM banger that I just discovered tongue.gif I will save this one for BJSC 136, hoping it won't be used for BJSC 135!

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 10th May 2021, 08:49 PM
Post #33
Group icon
I feel it COMING!

Sovarasma has decided to send Promis3

*EPILEPSY WARNING*

I've decided to break the pre-selection curse to bolster our qualification chances. I think this song is quite unique but the hardcore tune might appeal to BJSC contestants me thinks. thinking.gif

About Promis3

Promis3 is a queer Belgian duo Andras Vleminckx & Brent Dielen. They are known for hyperpop. Their music is inspired by gaming soundtracks, anime, trance, dubstep, Europop etc.

About Future Funeral

Future Funeral was self-released under their own label Simulated Agency. They claimed the song to be a "forward approach" with "a differential visual universe that meld reality with parallel universes." Moreover, the song is a message to everyone who struggles from mental health, citing drugs not being the main support that people can offer. I particularly like the drop in this song, which is haunting and unexpected. The ending is also quite sensual, and I hope this will stand out for you in a good way!

This post has been edited by uhsting: 10th May 2021, 09:02 PM

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 19th May 2021, 07:55 PM
Post #34
Group icon
I feel it COMING!

Finally qualified!

I'd like to thank all who voted for Promis3 so far in the semi-final! I hope to see you all in the final and finish in the top 20 for the first time!

Next entry is decided and any potentials would be left to the August's contest!

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 1st June 2021, 08:41 PM
Post #35
Group icon
I feel it COMING!

BJFest potentials

After a very successful BJSC 135, thanks to votes from 22 countries, we are returning to national selection to select our entry to BJFest. I will set the deadline to tomorrow noon (or earlier) as spaces are very limited! Here are 3 potential songs (also celebrating Pride Month, happy Pride Month everyone!) we would like to send:

FLAVIA - Ripe

This song holds a lot of personality and the lyrics are juicy as well. Instrumentation is unique and the hook is catchy. This song is probably my most favourite out of 3, but not by much! FLAVIA when describing the song, "It’s a celebratory song about knowing your worth, aka “feelin’ yourself” in all your glory. It’s fun and freaky and playful and absurd.”

Andrea Di Giovanni - Crown

This song is part of the album Rebel released by Andrea Di Giovanni earlier this year. I like the melody and the chorus is catchy too. The album is "a journey through Andrea’s emotions and focuses on their relationship with friends, romance and the world at large."

Metteson - Convince Me

This song is quite different from the 2 tracks above with it being more moody and mellow. However, the instrumentation catches my attention, particularly the buildup and the drop. This track is described "a slice of bliss, a moment of pure euphoria".

I hope you enjoy all 3 songs here! Let me know your opinions and I hope to choose the song that you all like!

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 8th June 2021, 11:09 PM
Post #36
Group icon
I feel it COMING!

Sovarasma has decided to send FLAVIA

I've decided to send FLAVIA. Ripe almost made it to the potentials list of BJSC 134 and I would have sent Ripe to that contest instead of Real Love. I think BJFest is a great opportunity to show the experimental side of Sovarasma, and hope it is going to pay off!

About FLAVIA
FLAVIA is a singer-songwriter and producer, with her music about "life, love and sexuality". Pink Things Magazine writes, "FLAVIA is an activist advocating for social issues such as LGBTQ+ equality, and creating community for other female pop artists in Los Angeles." She won the Grand Prize in the John Lennon Songwriting competition for her song, Expectations, and was a finalist in the Great American Song Contest. She grew up in Ireland, Italy, and later in Los Angeles in the US.

About Ripe
Ripe is about "liking someone and get lost in their world, their taste, their smell". It starts with an excerpt from the chorus to draw people's attention with a bit of rap in the verses and the iconic pre-chorus. There are a lot of synths used in this song and the beat is strong. I would describe this song as a mix between Why So Sirius's previous entry Loose Change and more recent Seize the Power.

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 13th June 2021, 07:00 PM
Post #37
Group icon
I feel it COMING!

To Andra Chasen!

FLAVIA continued the run of good form for Sovarasma! Here is Switch for you all to enjoy!! Meanwhile, vote for Ripe during Andra Chasen!

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 9th July 2021, 12:09 PM
Post #38
Group icon
I feel it COMING!

Sovarasma has decided to send Matisse & Sadko and Alex Aris

I've decided to do something different this edition. I'm going to send progressive trance! I'm very excited to see how it will fare. Interesting backstory: I discovered this song not from the major labels (e.g. Armada etc.) but in a New Music Friday playlist, which rarely features progressive trance. Will this song bring Sovarasma her first consecutive qualification?

About Matisse & Sadko
Matisse & Sadko is a Russian DJ and production duo from St. Petersburg. They are known to collaborate with Martin Garrix and are considered the frontrunners of Progressive House genre. Although this track is regarded Progressive Trance, it has some elements from Progressive House, including a big drop at the end!

About Alex Aris
Alex Aris is part of the duo Max Elto, formerly known as Taped Rai. They are known to be the featured vocals in a couple of EDM tracks. They decided to go separate ways to gain more popularity individually, before coming back as a duo.

About Heal Me
Matisse & Sadko have been experimenting with different sounds since the onset of the pandemic. "Heal Me" is a track that goes out of the comfort zone, and probably result in a side project.

+Quote this post
Addy!
post 9th July 2021, 11:11 PM
Post #39
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666

I love this…such a standout and I’m glad we’re in the same semi so I can fully support it wub.gif

HYPE.

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 10th July 2021, 11:06 PM
Post #40
Group icon
I feel it COMING!

QUOTE(addylita @ Jul 10 2021, 12:11 AM) *
I love this…such a standout and I’m glad we’re in the same semi so I can fully support it wub.gif

HYPE.

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif Thanks for the hype!! <3 <3

+Quote this post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 29th April 2024, 05:43 PM