BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
50 Pages V  « < 47 48 49 50 >  
This thread is locked.Create a new thread
> Coronavirus • ii, the impakt
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
*Tim
post 2nd April 2020, 07:15 PM
Post #961
Group icon
Bitch of t seet
User: 16,660

QUOTE(Klaus @ Apr 2 2020, 04:32 PM) *
Sorry this isn’t aimed directly at you Chris, more generally. I think now we’re reaching higher figures in each country, if can we have consideration and be mindful of others when posting daily the specific figures of those who have died. It is obviously important as to tracking what stage we are at and how under control it is but remember it may be distressing to other members and, for those interested, the information is easily accessible elsewhere e.g. the BBC News website. This isn’t to prevent discussion about what stage each country is at, trends, general increases/decreases and which measures are proving more effective etc, just if we can look to avoid highlighting specific daily updates.

More than happy if people have a different view to this, this is just my take. There are higher figures naturally coming in and, as we can unfortunately see, this is directly impacting on people’s personal lives. I just want to be mindful of people’s mental health.

Isn't that what the community thread is for though? Not trying to step on anyones toes but I for one find it interesting to discuss such things with people. I mean it is the biggest outbreak since the Swine Flu (if not the Spanish Flu)

Obviously that doesn't take away that I feel very sorry for anyone who has lost someone, I can't imagine what that feels like.

(If people do find offense in it, I'll just discuss it on another forum, I just find it a bit weird to censure this thread when there is an alternative)
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
RabbitFurCoat
post 2nd April 2020, 07:22 PM
Post #962
Group icon
IncredibleSquirrel
User: 118

QUOTE(Klaus @ Apr 2 2020, 07:39 PM) *
UK guidance is 7 days if you had the virus/symptoms and 14 days for any members of your household.

I think WHO are saying blanket 14 days though.

7 days from when?

It was announced he had the virus last Friday and he'd been fairly in the spotlight last week, so if he has been in isolation for 7 days, it's barely 7 days and from the moment he found out he had it. Is 7 days long enough from then?

Edit: Also, it was annouced he had it after Boris. So if Hancock, can reappear surely our great leader can too?

This post has been edited by RabbitFurCoat: 2nd April 2020, 07:24 PM

+Quote this post
Harve
post 2nd April 2020, 07:22 PM
Post #963
Group icon
Cœur poids plume
User: 4,718

QUOTE(Klaus @ Apr 2 2020, 04:32 PM) *
Sorry this isn’t aimed directly at you Chris, more generally. I think now we’re reaching higher figures in each country, if can we have consideration and be mindful of others when posting daily the specific figures of those who have died. It is obviously important as to tracking what stage we are at and how under control it is but remember it may be distressing to other members and, for those interested, the information is easily accessible elsewhere e.g. the BBC News website. This isn’t to prevent discussion about what stage each country is at, trends, general increases/decreases and which measures are proving more effective etc, just if we can look to avoid highlighting specific daily updates.

More than happy if people have a different view to this, this is just my take. There are higher figures naturally coming in and, as we can unfortunately see, this is directly impacting on people’s personal lives. I just want to be mindful of people’s mental health.

I posted a few times when there were some actual notables statistics, such as when a country 'overtakes' another in terms of severity. I think it's quite damning when a country whose outbreaks develop later and had more time to prepare (UK) eventually gets hit harder than countries that had less warning time and open data on this (South Korea). When deaths in Britain are still rising this week and probably the next, it's because the reaction was at least a week late after flirting with herd immunity and I think there should be fury at the UK government for this.

But perhaps that is more suitable for the politics forum. You're right - statistics are crass and for me, this has taken a whole new dimension after receiving last night's news.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 2nd April 2020, 07:24 PM
Post #964
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

QUOTE(RabbitFurCoat @ Apr 2 2020, 07:04 PM) *
Why is Matt Hancock giving press conferences and appearing on Question Time when at the end of last week he tested positive with the virus? Either he had it which is surely woeful negligence and doing absolutely nothing to deter others who may spread the virus, or he didn't and the government were just making it up. Either way yet more proof what an absolute shitshow this government is.

I really don't think they had it.

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post 2nd April 2020, 07:32 PM
Post #965
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 53

QUOTE(Queefantine @ Apr 2 2020, 08:24 PM) *
I really don't think they had it.

The risk of lying that 2, not just one, senior ministers tested positive for the virus is too high. If it came out the Government could fall. I think they had it. They had little to gain from lying about it.

This post has been edited by Crazy Chris: 2nd April 2020, 07:33 PM

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 2nd April 2020, 07:33 PM
Post #966
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

QUOTE(Crazy Chris @ Apr 2 2020, 08:32 PM) *
The risk of lying that 2, not just one, senior ministers tested positive for the virus is too high. If it came out the Government could fall. I think they had it. They had little to gain from lying about it.

We live in a one party state where the press literally buys and kills stories to protect bojo. How would it come out?

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 2nd April 2020, 07:48 PM
Post #967
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

QUOTE(*Tim @ Apr 2 2020, 08:15 PM) *
Isn't that what the community thread is for though? Not trying to step on anyones toes but I for one find it interesting to discuss such things with people. I mean it is the biggest outbreak since the Swine Flu (if not the Spanish Flu)

Obviously that doesn't take away that I feel very sorry for anyone who has lost someone, I can't imagine what that feels like.

(If people do find offense in it, I'll just discuss it on another forum, I just find it a bit weird to censure this thread when there is an alternative)

QUOTE(Harve @ Apr 2 2020, 08:22 PM) *
I posted a few times when there were some actual notables statistics, such as when a country 'overtakes' another in terms of severity. I think it's quite damning when a country whose outbreaks develop later and had more time to prepare (UK) eventually gets hit harder than countries that had less warning time and open data on this (South Korea). When deaths in Britain are still rising this week and probably the next, it's because the reaction was at least a week late after flirting with herd immunity and I think there should be fury at the UK government for this.

But perhaps that is more suitable for the politics forum. You're right - statistics are crass and for me, this has taken a whole new dimension after receiving last night's news.

Yeh I don’t see anything wrong with those Harve. As I set out, I’m not meaning the more general statistics such as how one country is managing it better than the other or stating that countries have seen a significant rise and how other countries have been able to get it under control etc

It’s more that I don’t think, at this stage, we need a repetition of the actual specific total number of the daily deaths for each country. We are able to see and discuss ‘the curve’ without them.

+Quote this post
T Boy
post 2nd April 2020, 07:48 PM
Post #968
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
User: 177

QUOTE(Crazy Chris @ Apr 2 2020, 08:32 PM) *

Yeah it’s not like it’s too convenient or anything that the PM is forced to shut himself away just prior to the huge spike in the death count, a spike that had been predicted. This government certainly never lies to the people for their own agenda. Never. Oh and Boris would never do anything false to make him look good or strong to the public, would he? Yeah, it’s nonsense.

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 2nd April 2020, 07:50 PM
Post #969
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138

Matt Hancock said it was right that key decision makers and front end staff get tested funny that many front end staff are still waiting. They have also only started talking up the test test test mantra in the past 10 days when the WHO have been saying this since February.

+Quote this post
*Tim
post 2nd April 2020, 07:52 PM
Post #970
Group icon
Bitch of t seet
User: 16,660

QUOTE(Klaus @ Apr 2 2020, 07:48 PM) *
Yeh I don’t see anything wrong with those Harve. As I set out, I’m not meaning the more general statistics such as how one country is managing it better than the other or stating that countries have seen a significant rise and how other countries have been able to get it under control etc

It’s more that I don’t think, at this stage, we need a repetition of the actual specific total number of the daily deaths for each country. We are able to see and discuss ‘the curve’ without them.

Sounds reasonable ��

In good news

Both Italy seems to have peaked, Belgium, NL and Spain seem to be close to peaking.

I have no idea how the US seems to think this'll peak in 2 weeks with very few measures :')

+Quote this post
TheSnake
post 2nd April 2020, 08:05 PM
Post #971
Group icon
Say that hiss with your chest, and...
User: 23,308

QUOTE(Harve @ Apr 2 2020, 08:22 PM) *

Yes we can discuss how countries are doing compared to each other but we don't have to include the actual figures. Like Tim was hinting at I do find the geography of the whole thing quite interesting and how different countries are doing especially the positive stuff such as any countries that are doing well in terms of reducing spread and deaths.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 2nd April 2020, 08:29 PM
Post #972
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272

Has anyone received the letter from Johnson yet?

+Quote this post
T Boy
post 2nd April 2020, 08:36 PM
Post #973
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
User: 177

QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ Apr 2 2020, 09:29 PM) *

No, but I’m not going to need toilet paper for a couple of months anyway.

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post 2nd April 2020, 09:00 PM
Post #974
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ Apr 2 2020, 09:29 PM) *

No had completely forgotten about it to be honest!

+Quote this post
Brer
post 2nd April 2020, 09:22 PM
Post #975
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

sad.gif that's devastating news Harve.

+Quote this post
Brett-Butler
post 2nd April 2020, 09:34 PM
Post #976
Group icon
Howdy, disco citizens
User: 10,455

There's talk of once antibody testing is able to be rolled out that "immunity passports" will be given out to people who test positive so that they can leave lockdown and begin going about their business again. As some people have pointed out, there's something slightly dystopian if that were to happen, where effectively we'd have a two-tier system of those who caught the virus and recovered being able to return to normality, whilst those who took all the necessary precautions could find themselves forced into isolation for up to a year. I'm hoping there's more to it than that, because if it is implemented like that, then my unfairness receptors will kick into overdrive.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 2nd April 2020, 09:57 PM
Post #977
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915

QUOTE(Harve @ Apr 2 2020, 08:09 PM) *
He started uni late so was a bit older than most of us but obviously not what you'd consider to be a vulnerable age group - 28 years old :/

Thanks guys.

Oh man, I'm really to hear about that, Harve. Thoughts go out to you.

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post 2nd April 2020, 10:03 PM
Post #978
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Just watching BBC News 24 .... grim.

They said if the USA economy drops just 6% thousands of lower income people are going to die from the economic effects not the virus but .... the economy might collapse completely meaning millions will die from the economic effects not the virus itself.

The word cataclysmic was used.

It is very very grim indeed and would have repercussions around the world too.

This post has been edited by Crazy Chris: 2nd April 2020, 10:04 PM

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 2nd April 2020, 10:26 PM
Post #979
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915

Cannot see how they can end this before the end of April.

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post 2nd April 2020, 10:32 PM
Post #980
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Mack. @ Apr 2 2020, 11:26 PM) *
Cannot see how they can end this before the end of April.

Who, us or the Americans? Can't see either tbh. End of May, maybe.

+Quote this post

50 Pages V  « < 47 48 49 50 >
This thread is locked.Create a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 10:24 PM