BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News
4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Throwback! 11 years since Life in Mono by Emma, Anniversaries of Spice releases / moments
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
MARIAH.
post Dec 3 2017, 11:48 PM
Post #61
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 3,217

10 years ago; 2nd December 2007 - the Spice Girls started their Return of the Spice Girls tour, in Vancouver!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fulvio84
post Dec 4 2017, 01:24 PM
Post #62
New Entry
Group: Members
Member No.: 39,660
   No Gallery Pics

wub.gif

+Quote Post
MARIAH.
post Sunday, 05:32 PM
Post #63
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 3,217

16 years ago...
Monday 10th December 2001 - Emma Bunton - 'We're Not Gonna Sleep Tonight'

11 years ago...
Monday 3rd December 2006 - Emma Bunton - 'Life in Mono'

A couple of Emma anniversaries!

Last week marked 11 years since the release of Emma's third and (to date) final studio album Life in Mono. It was released directly after her #3 peaking Children in Need single Downtown, but unfortunately Emma didn't scale the same heights in the albums chart - entering at a mere #65. sad.gif This made it the second lowest charting solo Spice Girls album, which still remains the case 11 years on - the only album to perform worse was Mel B's L.A. State of Mind, which peaked at a shockingly low #453!

#65 was a clearly disappointing result, particularly seeing as Emma was taking part in Strictly Come Dancing that year. Its sales aren't too bad though, relatively speaking! It sold 12,307 copies in its first week, 9,926 copies in week 2 (#75) and approx 12,000 copies in week 3 (#79). This certainly highlights how strong album sales in Christmas 2006 (Christmas week saw all of the Top 15 albums sell over 100k)! By June 2009, Life in Mono has amassed 50,725 sales.

We're Not Gonna Sleep Tonight was the final single to be taken from Emma's debut album A Girl Like Me. In its original album version its a Latin-tinged summery bop, but it was given an overhaul for single release, transforming it into a more dance-pop offering. Sadly it proved to be a bit of a flop, entering the UK charts at #20 - at the time this made it the lowest charting Spice related release ever. ohmy.gif It went on to sell over 35,000 copies.

+Quote Post
sammy01
post Monday, 02:19 PM
Post #64
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 9,988
   No Gallery Pics

I've always thought Emma gave up on music too soon. 50k of an album after a CIN cover and the most non radio friendly song released while she was pregnant. Mel C would give her left tit to flog 50k albums.

+Quote Post
Blond 2.0
post Monday, 03:03 PM
Post #65
New Entry
Member No.: 39,576
   No Gallery Pics

I love Life in Mono I know it's not everyone cup of tea but I've enjoyed so much too bad she gave up on music so soon another album like Free Me now would be Ace .

+Quote Post
sammy01
post Monday, 04:04 PM
Post #66
BuzzJack Gold Member
   No Gallery Pics

I don't think it would be my thing but Emma doing a covers album now released in Nov with a couple of duets (robbie and Will Young say) could be a great seller. She could get that 50+ market coin. Her Heart connection plus her TV connections could really come in handy.

+Quote Post
tommie
post Yesterday, 09:41 AM
Post #67
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 8,073
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(sammy01 @ Dec 11 2017, 03:19 PM) *
I've always thought Emma gave up on music too soon. 50k of an album after a CIN cover and the most non radio friendly song released while she was pregnant. Mel C would give her left tit to flog 50k albums.

I actually agree.

50k isn't bad considering it sold on the back of a cover version essentially. With that said, I don't really hear any "hits" on the album itself - there's no "Free Me" or "Maybe" or even "Crickets" on there. Not even Greg Kurstin / Cathy Dennis could give her a good single, so you can understand why they put their money on launching it with "Downtown"...

+Quote Post
sammy01
post 20 hours ago
Post #68
BuzzJack Gold Member
   No Gallery Pics

Take me to another town was surely crying out to be single number 2.

+Quote Post
Mr.X
post 18 hours ago
Post #69
New Entry
Member No.: 39,587
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(sammy01 @ Dec 13 2017, 11:45 PM) *
Take me to another town was surely crying out to be single number 2.

I agree. If they had gone with that song, Undressing You and All That You'll Be, she would have had a good run, I think!

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th December 2017 - 07:10 PM