BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Des, ITV
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
zenon
post Sep 19 2020, 04:29 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 8,809
Not that I watched it but the all this talk about Dennis Neilsen with his ITV biopic has reminded me that he was even a policeman for a brief time, I mean how the hell can someone who would have been giving criminals what they deserved go on to be one of the worst killers ever? Just horrific.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Calum
post Sep 19 2020, 04:39 PM
Post #2
Group icon
nabad
Pronouns: he/him
User: 18,316
Gonna move this to TV Shows - I see there isn't a thread for Des, but can be discussed over there more for those that were watching!

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post Sep 19 2020, 05:52 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 53
Yes he was a copper for about a year but left as he said his colleagues were homophobic towards him. He joined the Civil Service then and rose to be a job centre supervisor.

One of the best lines in Des is in the cop car after he'd been arrested. "So how many bodies are we looking for, one or could it be two?" Nielsen answered "I killed 15 or 16" ohmy.gif Some of his victims were identified but a few weren't and never will be now. All were male, it's thought 20-40.

Interestingly both his house and flat where he murdered are still standing and occupied again. You can see them on Google Images. Most murder places are pulled down but his weren't for some unknown reason and sold for a lot less than market value. Some estate agents refused to show people round though. Both were completely renovated and new concrete floors added.

This post has been edited by Crazy Chris: Sep 19 2020, 06:01 PM

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post Sep 19 2020, 06:26 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116
The way some of his victims who survived him were treated by the police and the jury too! Purely because of their sexuality.

A very chilling drama to watch.

+Quote this post
Slick
post Sep 21 2020, 09:38 AM
Post #5
Group icon
electric butterflies
Pronouns: he/him
User: 70
I really enjoyed this drama, and I had never heard of Dennis Nilsen before. Truly horrific crimes and such a calculating killer.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 05:56 PM