BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Love Island USA, CBS // 9th July
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Liаm
post 21st June 2019, 12:16 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
The premiere is confirmed as the UK's hottest reality show continues it's worldwide expansion *.* Hosted by Arielle Vandenberg. Hyped to have another English speaking Love Island after Australia's was very good.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 21st June 2019, 12:29 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,245
According to their Instagram this will air 5x a week.
I'm fully expecting this will crash and burn. This seems like a E! or Bravo show.. not CBS.
The only saving grace is that the previous UK and the AU Seasons are on Hayu, so they may already have some <georgia>LOYAL</georgia> viewers.

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 21st June 2019, 02:59 PM
Post #3
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308
idk why they would air this close to the same time frame as Bachelor in paradise

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 21st June 2019, 04:57 PM
Post #4
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160
Both the UK and Australian version grew through their first series but I don’t feel US network TV have the patience especially with it being 5 days a week which feels really unusual for them.

Lets hope it flops so Big Brother’s future isn’t in doubt in the US either

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 1st July 2019, 09:49 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
Cast revealed, same lack of diversity as ours really but a couple of hot guys regardless.

Agreed on not being sure this is for the USA but this is pretty much unprecedented in recent years in terms of it being given a slot 5 days a week so I'm optimistic. The format is great for tinkering with if things don't work anyway, but it's true that US networks don't give things the same chances :/

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 15th July 2019, 10:58 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
I've given the first episode a chance but there's definitely something missing sad.gif It's going through all the right motions of the UK version with the format, little catchphrases and jargon (using couping up, "step on xs toes" etc) but it's just not got that spark, the Australian version had it but idk this just... doesn't feel right laugh.gif

The ratings are abysmal too, it's pulling like 0.4s and 2 million viewers, they've already plonked Winston from Big Brother in which is what I feared CBS would do to desperately try and claw viewers back but like... at least do Brett lmao. I can see this ending up being cut in terms of amount of episodes or even cancelled, idk how viable that happening is but if the ratings keep going down.... :/

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 22nd July 2019, 12:46 AM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Yeah. This is missing a spark for sure, tho the first person eliminated was interesting. I'm 5 episodes behind right now however. I may stick the ride.... we will see.

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 26th July 2019, 02:59 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Ugh, can this just end already. This isn't Love Island, this is Big Brother with a shitty cast and not in the Big Brother House.
This casting is all wrong, it doesn't seem like any of them are really interested in making any connections at all. This season is also too short for anyone to realistically "find love" and they all know that so they're just sticking the ride.

Happy Kyra found Eric because he seems just as miserable as her. I have a huge problem with people that walk around and talk a big game about how direct they are. She just looks like she doesn't want to be there 100% of the time.

Cashel, Katrina and Dylan I don't actually mind.. but Dylan has been invisible since the first week.

Caro and Yamen have to be two of the most fraudulent people I've ever seen on a RTV Show before. How she is still there I have no idea.

Zac and Elizabeth are so boring, but that seems to be the running joke now. Ugh. We have like a week or two left at the most? They're the most legit couple in there. I don't want them to win at all and I think if the Public don't crown them as the winner, the other couples will bump them out because they want a shot to win. Zac was also 100% better with a furry chest.

I pretty much hate everyone and hate this entire production. Such a fail. I hate how aesthetically they got it so right, but with the casting/length they've got it completely wrong. They shouldn't have bothered with this at all and just given us a 4th Episode of BB a week.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 26th July 2019, 11:04 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
Dying at them putting Winston in for ratings and him getting dumped first opportunity

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 31st July 2019, 08:24 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Ohhhhh I wonder if they will let Kyra and Emily couple up. This could get interesting.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 31st July 2019, 08:28 PM
Post #11
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160
Raph from BBUK18 assisted in the casting for this laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 31st July 2019, 10:42 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Klaus @ Jul 31 2019, 09:28 PM) *
Raph from BBUK18 assisted in the casting for this laugh.gif

Well he did good. A good chunk of this cast is better than the BBUS cast. The problem is the show, not the cast.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 1st August 2019, 05:48 PM
Post #13
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
I'm quite surprised, but this has got a second season laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 1st August 2019, 06:24 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Already? That's shocking. I thought this would have been dead in the water. With a few tweeks, they could absolutely make this work.
Also, don't go back to Fiji..... it's rained 90% of the time and the cast still look as white as ever.

I was really excited to see if Emily/Kyra would have coupled up. That would have given the show a huge boost. However, doesn't look like that is going to happen at all. The rest of the episode fell really flat after that. Also, I thought Dylan/Alexandra weren't really a couple.. so why did they go on a date and pretend like they are?

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 3rd August 2019, 12:07 AM
Post #15
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
I think they'd do well to somehow jazz it up a bit and do it differently, like they did with Big Brother, because obviously something isn't quite clicking. Idk how, mind, because it's one of those formats that's already quite open but hard to change too drastically.

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 6th August 2019, 08:17 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
The last two episodes were proof positive why this hasn't worked yet for the US.
They spent 20 minutes+ dumping Kyra from the island, only to give us 7 minutes on dates for couples that actually still on the show.

Kyra looking back and realizing Cashel was "the one" was so fake. They totally called her out by having him there and showing us how awkward an interaction with them really is :lbf

Want:
Winners: Zac/Elizabeth
Runners Up: Dylan/Alexandra
Third Place: Weston/Emily
Fourth Place: ???/Caro

Think:
Winners: Zac/Elizabeth
Runners Up: ???/Caro
Third Place: Weston/Emily
Fourth Place: Dylan/Alexandra

Honestly at this point I don't even know who Caro is coupled up with.
Although they are most possibly the most boring Love Island couple in history, I think Zac/Elizabeth should have this on lock.
Caro will probably fit into the bucket of an Amber win - doing it solo because she was the most entertaining one in there. She really wasn't. Awful to watch, but I think the public is eating her up.
Weston was great for the first 3 weeks but is completely unwatchable now. Such a shame because Emily was such a strong female character but the two of them together makes my stomach churn.
Dylan and Alexandra could have been a legit contenders but their relationship seems pretty fake to me. I could have sworn there was a conversation where she admitted she didn't even like him at all, but I must have been dreaming?!

Again, pretty piss poor ending, but we did the best we could with the cast we were given, location, length...
Kyra/Alexandra and Emily should have been cast for Big Brother.

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 3rd September 2020, 12:46 AM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Anyone watching Season 2? I haven't bothered.. But saw this is on nightly!

+Quote this post
troylovesmusic
post 11th September 2020, 01:17 AM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,179
Is anyone watching this ? I started watching UK pace but I’ve started to watch ahead and I’m really enjoying it so far . Probably more so than the Winter version of ours this year .

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 11th September 2020, 02:25 AM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
I actually watched the first 20-ish minutes of the first episode, it looked like a good diverse cast!
You'll have to let me know if this is any good, it would be a big investment to get caught up - but not much on these days lol

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 11th September 2020, 02:26 AM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
I actually watched the first 20-ish minutes of the first episode, it looked like a good diverse cast!
You'll have to let me know if this is any good, it would be a big investment to get caught up - but not much on these days lol

+Quote this post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 07:38 AM