BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> I'm Not Alone, 10th anniversary remix package
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Jessie Where
post 24th January 2009, 01:11 AM
Post #21
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

This is quite a new sound for him, it's like he's incorporated a pop-trance sound into it.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Nick F1
post 24th January 2009, 01:27 AM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 5,392

it's a good, for now! hm.

+Quote this post
Sempachorra
post 24th January 2009, 03:05 AM
Post #23
Group icon
Let's Go Brandon
User: 421

QUOTE(Jarkchild @ Jan 15 2009, 01:53 PM) *
Ugh, whatever. I really do not know why you insist on putting everything that's even vaguely dance-pop in the dance forum (here and ukmix) because the fact is nobody ever looks in there and the topics will get zilch replies.

And I'm sorry but The Girls and especially Merrymaking were nothing but pop.

yeah and that's why they were played on dance shows and were on the dance charts. He's dance, get over it. This new track was just the essential new dance tune on Pete Tong's show on Radio 1, I think that says a lot. And I dont put a topic where I think it'll get more replies, I put it where it belongs. If that's the case we might as well put Metallica on this forum, cos it'll get more replies wacko.gif Nobody? Lots of people respond on the dance forum in UKmix, and its a very close and supportive part of the community. And as far as I'm aware, if people are interested, they will reply no matter where the topic is located. I dont see Basshunter or Booty Luv with any post issues in the dance forum over here, or any issues with September, Armin or Kate Ryan at Ukmix.
I dont even care about or like Calvin Harris so keep him wherever you want, but dont come and diss my dance forum and say that no one replies when its not true. No one replies there if the topic has no interest to the BJ community, like something totally underground, and that happens just as much in the pop forum with unknown European artists and stuff. Since the pop genre has a lot more chart stars than dance its only normal that there are a lot more topics with loads of replies than in the dance forum. That doesnt mean chart stars of the dance genre wont generate replies and support, cos they do. Its just that most of the other stuff is not heard a lot so only the few people that have heard the song will reply. And that's what's so good about the UKmix dance forum community, is that there is always someone that has heard even the most underground dance track from Estonia or something.
Sorry for the long essay, but I had to stick up for the dance forums which I care about a lot.

+Quote this post
Sempachorra
post 24th January 2009, 03:20 AM
Post #24
Group icon
Let's Go Brandon
User: 421

QUOTE(Silver Rocket @ Jan 24 2009, 01:12 AM) *
This is quite a new sound for him, it's like he's incorporated a pop-trance sound into it.

I think he's sampling a trance song, so that's why. Will try to find out what it is.

+Quote this post
p a v
post 24th January 2009, 09:34 AM
Post #25
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

ohmy.gif wub.gif

+Quote this post
jark
post 24th January 2009, 09:45 AM
Post #26
Group icon
something you consider rare
User: 2,990

I don't disagree with you per se, Xylem (and I wasn't dissing ukmix?! I love that place), I just think that when an artist is pop/dance borderline, the topic should go in pop. That said this clearly should be in dance so I'll apologise in this instance. And that is rare!

LOVE the song.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 24th January 2009, 07:36 PM
Post #27
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

QUOTE(Rachel @ Jan 24 2009, 09:46 AM) *
I don't disagree with you per se, Xylem (and I wasn't dissing ukmix?! I love that place), I just think that when an artist is pop/dance borderline, the topic should go in pop. That said this clearly should be in dance so I'll apologise in this instance. And that is rare!

LOVE the song.

Last time I started a Calvin Harris topic I put it in Dance. Inn retrospect it maybe should have gone in Pop, but I'm Not Alone is definitely a massive dance tune. I hope and expect this to be absolutely massive, as it is such a tune.

+Quote this post
Chris_2k14
post 25th January 2009, 12:04 AM
Post #28
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,347

Wow I really like it, ive loved all his past singles especially The Girls.

+Quote this post
AaronTM
post 25th January 2009, 12:17 AM
Post #29
Group icon
salty foods parch the human
Pronouns: he/him
User: 4,631

Hmm...not sure about this really. It all seems a bit done a thousand times before. I'm not really a fan of this trance type of music, maybe it's because I don't go clubbing so I'm never realy in the right situation for a proper dance song. (I know, I'm utterly lame) When there are lyrics they're alright but I'm not fond of his vocals. Maybe I'm just gutted after people were saying Kelis was on his new song and she isn't.

+Quote this post
jark
post 25th January 2009, 01:12 AM
Post #30
Group icon
something you consider rare
User: 2,990

Yeah, that IS gutting, but thankfully the song barely relies on vocals so it's all good. Just can't get over the sheer EUPHORIA of this. heart.gif

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 25th January 2009, 09:11 AM
Post #31
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116

utterly stunning song wub.gif best commercial trance track I have heard in god knows how long, the vocals could be better but perhaps more generic sounding had they been done by a faceless woman, so I'm happy enough

this song is not pop in anyway whatsoever though unsure.gif

+Quote this post
GrAmii
post 25th January 2009, 09:37 PM
Post #32
Group icon
Imma gonz Blue Waffle ya up bitch!
User: 30

I LOVE Calvin Harris and this is just breathtaking. It has such a great feel to it - very retro but modern at the same time. I think this could be a number one ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Josh
post 26th January 2009, 07:58 PM
Post #33
Group icon
✌🏻️
User: 43

It's amazingly trancy. And it's synthesizers are sick! Best track of '09 so far!

+Quote this post
Cremey
post 26th January 2009, 08:40 PM
Post #34
Group icon
on a bench in coney island
User: 4,089

This deserves to be absoutely MASSIVE!
Loving the new direction for him

+Quote this post
Harve
post 26th January 2009, 08:57 PM
Post #35
Group icon
Cœur poids plume
User: 4,718

ohmy.gif heart.gif

This deserves to be massive. I don't think it will be though, unless it gets looooooooooads of hype. It could be a long runner though. Maybe i'm getting a step too far, but should this be successful then i think a trance revival will just go down the bassline route.... mellow.gif

Have to edit this. It just gets better and better. *replays*

This really should be in the dance forum. If a potentially huge trance song can't make it in there, then the dance forum is screwed, basically.

This post has been edited by Harve: 26th January 2009, 09:16 PM

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 27th January 2009, 04:25 PM
Post #36
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

QUOTE(Harve @ Jan 26 2009, 08:58 PM) *
ohmy.gif heart.gif

This deserves to be massive. I don't think it will be though, unless it gets looooooooooads of hype. It could be a long runner though. Maybe i'm getting a step too far, but should this be successful then i think a trance revival will just go down the bassline route.... mellow.gif

Have to edit this. It just gets better and better. *replays*

This really should be in the dance forum. If a potentially huge trance song can't make it in there, then the dance forum is screwed, basically.

I think it will be huge personally. This is something the clubs will REALLY lap up. Because it's Calvin Harris too he should get good radio and TV exposure. This is a massive tune srsly. The beat is soso good.

+Quote this post
Josh
post 1st February 2009, 06:43 PM
Post #37
Group icon
✌🏻️
User: 43

Has a CD-rip leaked yet?

+Quote this post
p a v
post 1st February 2009, 08:34 PM
Post #38
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

Already topped my personal chart heart.gif 10 weeks at number one in perspective

I'm Not Alone>>>>>>Umbrella>Bleeding Love>>>>>>>>>>anything else

+Quote this post
seejayjee
post 1st February 2009, 09:16 PM
Post #39
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 843

Loving this! Much more dance than "Acceptable In the 80s" but still amazing. I think it will do the business on the singles chart but not sure how enticing it is as the first offering from an album.

+Quote this post
Red Blooded Man
post 3rd February 2009, 03:54 AM
Post #40
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 822

I listened to clip that's been recorded in Sydney NYE where Calvin was performing. The clip sounds absolutely amazing, can't wait for the studio version!

+Quote this post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 06:58 PM