BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
55 Pages V  « < 50 51 52 53 54 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Premier League / Football League Thread 2011-12, (& Blue Square Premier!) News & Discussion
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Rooney
post May 16 2012, 04:50 PM
Post #1021
WINTER IS COMING
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 88

Not shocked, but surprised. Not even sure whether it is for the best, especially with the names that are being linked bar Rafa. I don't want Martinez. But what worries me right now is Liverpool have no structure. No manager, no DoF, no CEO, Ian Ayre has apparently been sacked aswell. We're apparently being advised by David Dein. Don't mind who we get as manager, I just hope it is not a Premier League manager that is currently employed.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Grandwicky
post May 16 2012, 05:53 PM
Post #1022
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 49

Steve Clarke has resigned as well, just about every Premier League club should try and get him tbh.

I personally think Liverpool getting Rafa back would be perfect! I dunno if Martinez is the right man apart from the fact he plays nice football.

+Quote Post
Rooney
post May 16 2012, 06:18 PM
Post #1023
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(Grandwicky @ May 16 2012, 06:53 PM) *
Steve Clarke has resigned as well, just about every Premier League club should try and get him tbh.

I personally think Liverpool getting Rafa back would be perfect! I dunno if Martinez is the right man apart from the fact he plays nice football.

I don't actually know what Steve Clarke does, but his defensive work is magnificent.

I'd love Rafa back. At least then I know we would become a force again. We were title challengers with him and little investment from the old owners. I'd really hate Martinez, just reeks of the Hodgson appointment to me. The media think we should appoint him. If we've got rid of Kenny then I want either a young successful manager, or an already proven established manager. This appointment needs to be spot on, because the owners need to give them time to stamp their authority on the squad and build a philopsophy.

+Quote Post
ramseydawson
post May 16 2012, 07:55 PM
Post #1024
BuzzJack Regular
Member No.: 14,008
   No Gallery Pics

We are we're the railway men, we are the we're the railway men and we are the railway, we're the railway men

+Quote Post
pwned
post May 16 2012, 08:40 PM
Post #1025
BuzzJack Climber
Member No.: 16,183
   No Gallery Pics

Msn poll seems to think mourinho but doubt he will. Imagine how awkward it would be if liverpool got alex mcleish and villa got kenny dalglish. seriously unlikely but would be funny though

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post May 16 2012, 09:23 PM
Post #1026
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 3,272
   No Gallery Pics

Dalglish's biggest problem is that he didn't seem to realise how much the game had changed in his 20 years out of management. Some of his whinges about refereeing decisions suggested that he hasn't kept up to date with changes in the laws.

+Quote Post
Sabrina.
post May 16 2012, 10:10 PM
Post #1027
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 9,406

The fact that Roberto Martinez is being linked is ridiculous. He'd need to prove himself at a higher level first. The same for Brendan Rodgers

I want Rafa back, but the owners seem to dislike him and want someone younger. AVB possibly ?

QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ May 16 2012, 10:23 PM) *
Dalglish's biggest problem is that he didn't seem to realise how much the game had changed in his 20 years out of management. Some of his whinges about refereeing decisions suggested that he hasn't kept up to date with changes in the laws.

I don't think that was the problem at all. He did perfectly fine from January onwards last season and we had the 2nd/3rd best record in the league

Fergie for example, moans about decisions going against Man United all the time, but you wouldn't say he isn't aware of the rules

We'd have done a lot better this season if Kenny had stuck with the core of that team rather than completely changing it and buying the likes of Adam and Downing. That for me has been his biggest downfall.. Should have stuck with what worked

QUOTE(Grandwicky @ May 16 2012, 06:53 PM) *

I don't think this has actually been confirmed ?

He's still named on the club website whilst Kenny has been removed. Sky also mentioned an hour ago that he was still part of the club

Has done wonders for our defence, so I'd hate to see him move on

+Quote Post
Rooney
post May 16 2012, 11:01 PM
Post #1028
WINTER IS COMING

Mourinho will never come to Liverpool, although we do (sorta) tick the boxes he looks for. Problem for Kenny was he was never the Owners intended choice to begin with. Secondly questions have to be asked how he did so well at the end of last season to this season. There are many issues, but Rome wasn't built in a day. the fact that FSG have basically sacked everyone sort of implies they are going to start again. Klopp is my number one choice, and failing that AVB. If I see another person mention Brendan Rogers I will hunt them down - NEVER EVER.

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post May 16 2012, 11:12 PM
Post #1029
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Sabrina. @ May 16 2012, 11:10 PM) *
The fact that Roberto Martinez is being linked is ridiculous. He'd need to prove himself at a higher level first. The same for Brendan Rodgers

I want Rafa back, but the owners seem to dislike him and want someone younger. AVB possibly ?
I don't think that was the problem at all. He did perfectly fine from January onwards last season and we had the 2nd/3rd best record in the league

Fergie for example, moans about decisions going against Man United all the time, but you wouldn't say he isn't aware of the rules

We'd have done a lot better this season if Kenny had stuck with the core of that team rather than completely changing it and buying the likes of Adam and Downing. That for me has been his biggest downfall.. Should have stuck with what worked
I don't think this has actually been confirmed ?

He's still named on the club website whilst Kenny has been removed. Sky also mentioned an hour ago that he was still part of the club

Has done wonders for our defence, so I'd hate to see him move on

Ferguson has often disagreed with a referee's decision (sometimes with justification, sometimes not). Dalglish complained about red and yellow cards which were given because that's what the laws say the referee has to do.

+Quote Post
Rooney
post May 16 2012, 11:50 PM
Post #1030
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ May 17 2012, 12:12 AM) *
Ferguson has often disagreed with a referee's decision (sometimes with justification, sometimes not). Dalglish complained about red and yellow cards which were given because that's what the laws say the referee has to do.

To be fair he has had a point in some cases. Been the victims of some horrendous decisions. The Fulham away game springs to mind. A certain Clint Dempsey being the player that is at the forefront of eveything. But this also comes down to why I think Kenny got sacked. I think they want a media friendly manager. Someone who will open their legs for Sky, will be paly with other managers on the camera. If Rodgers or Martinez gets hired then they'll be sacked within 6-9 months. This job is for no novice.

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post May 17 2012, 12:38 AM
Post #1031
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Rooney @ May 17 2012, 12:50 AM) *
To be fair he has had a point in some cases. Been the victims of some horrendous decisions. The Fulham away game springs to mind. A certain Clint Dempsey being the player that is at the forefront of eveything. But this also comes down to why I think Kenny got sacked. I think they want a media friendly manager. Someone who will open their legs for Sky, will be paly with other managers on the camera. If Rodgers or Martinez gets hired then they'll be sacked within 6-9 months. This job is for no novice.

All managers have a point in some cases. However Dalglish got the laws of the game wrong.

+Quote Post
Ho-Lee Smokes
post May 17 2012, 01:06 AM
Post #1032
🙄
Member No.: 10,643

Odds to be the new Liverpool Manager
Andre Villas Boas 2/1
Roberto Matinez 3/1
Brendan Rodgers 6/1
Rafeal Benitez 13/2
Fabio Capello 12/1

New Aston Villa Manager
Paul Lambert 4/7
Roberto Martinez 3/1
Mick Mcarthay 7/1

Next Chelsea Manager
Roberto Di Matteo 4/6
Fabio Capello 2/1
Jose Mourinho 7/1
Harry Redknapp 7/1

+Quote Post
Sabrina.
post May 17 2012, 09:09 AM
Post #1033
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ May 17 2012, 01:38 AM) *
All managers have a point in some cases. However Dalglish got the laws of the game wrong.

It's not as if he'd been hiding away on a golf course for 10 or so years. He was still very much involved with our academy when appointed and watched football regularly

He's complained about decisions going against us, but then you'll see the red card for Reina vs. Newcastle where he agreed it was the right decision when he could have easily said "Oh Perch made a big deal out of it"

I think opposition fans seem to have the wrong perception of him. He's very anti media from his experiences during Hillsborough and yet you'll watch interviews with him from before he became manager and he comes across as the complete opposite. This springs to mind http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDB65S3Rthg

He's managing the Rest of the world team for Soccer Aid in a few weeks, which is being shown on ITV. I'm sure we'll see a completely different side of him

QUOTE(LeeWallaceee @ May 17 2012, 02:06 AM) *
Odds to be the new Liverpool Manager
Andre Villas Boas 2/1
Roberto Matinez 3/1
Brendan Rodgers 6/1
Rafeal Benitez 13/2
Fabio Capello 12/1

Capello and Benitez won't happen. The owners would want someone younger

Martinez and Rodgers are too inexperienced

I'd be happy with AVB though. He'd be the type of person that could build something at the club and has more experience than simply keeping a team in the Premier League

+Quote Post
Sabrina.
post May 17 2012, 10:22 AM
Post #1034
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Ian Ayre has confirmed that Steve Clarke is still at the club

+Quote Post
RobBot
post May 17 2012, 05:55 PM
Post #1035
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 7,117

Roberto Martinez given permission to talk to Liverpool - really don't want this to happen, but think it's pretty much definitely going to. It all reeks of Roy Hodgson for us, and in terms of moving upwards to try and get back to Champions League football - is Martinez the right man? In my opinion, not at all.

+Quote Post
RabbitFurCoat
post May 17 2012, 06:15 PM
Post #1036
IncredibleSquirrel
Member No.: 118
   No Gallery Pics

Hadn't seen that, was just coming in here to post a link to a blog about Wigan that really highlights the job he did there this season and his logic: http://www.zonalmarking.net/2012/05/16/wig...witch-to-3-4-3/

I'm a massive fan of his.

+Quote Post
pwned
post May 17 2012, 08:00 PM
Post #1037
BuzzJack Climber
Member No.: 16,183
   No Gallery Pics

Steve kean for liverpool manager lol. Andre villas- boas favourite now

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post May 17 2012, 10:04 PM
Post #1038
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Sabrina. @ May 17 2012, 10:09 AM) *
It's not as if he'd been hiding away on a golf course for 10 or so years. He was still very much involved with our academy when appointed and watched football regularly

He's complained about decisions going against us, but then you'll see the red card for Reina vs. Newcastle where he agreed it was the right decision when he could have easily said "Oh Perch made a big deal out of it"

I think opposition fans seem to have the wrong perception of him. He's very anti media from his experiences during Hillsborough and yet you'll watch interviews with him from before he became manager and he comes across as the complete opposite.

I can understand him being anti-the Sun after Hillsborough but that's no excuse for being so hostile to all media.

+Quote Post
Rooney
post May 17 2012, 10:54 PM
Post #1039
WINTER IS COMING

I wouldn't read too much in to the Martinez thing. I think Liverpool are just approaching a lot of people. Dave Whelan's been an absolute c**t about it, already trying to stir stuff up. I think he's a good manager, but I don't want him. I like his 3-4-3 but what happens when people find it out? I'm not sure whether he has a foundation. His win record is terrible at Wigan too. I just don't want him, because I don't think it will end well. The manager needs to have some sort of European experience. The Times are reporting Capello and Guardiola have been shortlisted/approached aswell. Doubt either of them would come, but it shows ambition. I imagine a Director of Football appointment will come before the managerial appointment.

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post May 17 2012, 11:06 PM
Post #1040
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Capello gave the distinct impression that he didn't like England much so that would be a rather odd appointment. Besides, his English is even harder to understand than Dalglish's.

+Quote Post

55 Pages V  « < 50 51 52 53 54 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:35 PM