BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Black Mirror • Bandersnatch, Choose Your Own Adventure
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
UltraCruelSummer
post 28th December 2018, 10:09 PM
Post #21
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

I absolutely loved this! I'm so shook
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 28th December 2018, 10:12 PM
Post #22
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

What was everyone's final ending?

Mine was he took the train with his mother after finding the toy as a child and died in the crash and when he died, the older version of him suddenly died in a meeting with the therapist

+Quote this post
Calum
post 28th December 2018, 10:21 PM
Post #23
Group icon
nabad
Pronouns: he/him
User: 18,316

I... really don't know what to think about that.

I enjoyed it while I was watching it, but I'm unsure if I've actually finished it? laugh.gif My ending (well, what I think was the ending) was everything that happened in the film turned out to be Colin's daughter's interpretation of the game, coded/designed for a modern day streaming world. Or at least that's how I'm interpreting it. I'm confused.

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post 28th December 2018, 10:44 PM
Post #24
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: he/him
User: 19,585

I kept going back and playing out different scenarios so I had about 5 different endings laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Botchia
post 28th December 2018, 10:54 PM
Post #25
Group icon
I Drink Wine
User: 21,753

I kept replaying all the different endings and can't even remember what my first one was laugh.gif

I think I chose Netflix and then it very abruptly ended and gave me the option to go back and choose a different 'adventure'.

It was a really interesting concept but I did find the plot itself a bit thin of the ground. My god the killing alternate version of events were tense and very well done though!!

+Quote this post
p a v
post 28th December 2018, 11:00 PM
Post #26
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

QUOTE(UltraReputation @ Dec 29 2018, 01:12 AM) *
What was everyone's final ending?

Mine was he took the train with his mother after finding the toy as a child and died in the crash and when he died, the older version of him suddenly died in a meeting with the therapist

!!!!
omfg how do I get this ending

I redid it a couple of times but what I always got was him killing his father and going to jail. and one time Pearl calmly poured tea over her computer and screen went black which left me gagging!

I cannot get over the fact how seamless this is. Incredible execution. I kind of agree that the actual plot was slightly weaker compared to the back catalogue but at the same time I feel the idea wasn't supposed to be overly complicated.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 28th December 2018, 11:01 PM
Post #27
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

My first ending was v similar to Calum's iirc and I think I had about 10 dif endings (with the credits on the tv or popping up between scenes but it then replaying) until I got to the one I posted above and then it was proper credits and finished!

I'd love to do this again soon and see what path I end up going down that time, I may acc try again tomorrow 😂

+Quote this post
Botchia
post 28th December 2018, 11:03 PM
Post #28
Group icon
I Drink Wine
User: 21,753

I think I've had about 7-8 different endings before reaching that one Sam posted and it finally ended with proper credits.

So I guess that's the 'proper ending'...I feel like you could sit there for ages just going through all the different possibilities!

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 28th December 2018, 11:39 PM
Post #29
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

omg everyones ending sounds so much better than mine - I need to retry!! mine was just him going to jail after he killed his father without me even choosing to do so - I’d avoided the option previously!! It then allowed me to go back and choose the Netflix option which I loved laugh.gif

+Quote this post
post 29th December 2018, 12:09 AM
Post #30
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931

I did a couple of endings and it was really fun but in terms of substance I don’t think the episode has as much to say as most of the best Black Mirror episodes. I really hope we get a proper season soon.

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 29th December 2018, 12:58 AM
Post #31
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

I mean yeah it's not a proper episode and certainly wasn't the most deep, but it was SO FUN and I loved the slight meta aspect of him actually realising he was in a simulation let us know there was a bit of brains behind it. I'm an absolute sucker for choose your own adventure stories. My ending was he killed his dad, was uncovered and then went to jail and the company went under lol, I definitely made a fair few wrong decisions but by then I'd gone so dark I just wanted to see what would happen laugh.gif (although I've just seen the netflix option haha brilliant)

+Quote this post
Klumzee
post 29th December 2018, 01:28 PM
Post #32
Group icon
#TeamAnneMarie
User: 11,421

What a concept! I feel like over-complicating the story would have been too much on top of all the alternate endings so I'm glad the plotline was easy to understand, even if the weaving of these different timelines was so intricate! I think my favourite part of the whole episode was the full-circle moments where you'd be making the same decision again (or perhaps with a slight change) which made me feel like I wasn't sure what was reality and what was not just like Stefan was experiencing which imo was a clever touch. The part where I had to choose between Netflix and The White Bear symbol did make me laugh out loud - obviously went for Netflix first time but I got to choose the other path in not too long. My ending was Stefan killing his dad and the company going into liquidation - I think I got the option to chop or bury the body and after I'd picked the latter it came back eventually to only having the decision to chop the body up - at which point I decided to roll the credits!

I'm really intrigued to see how you'd get to Sam's ending - my path was nowhere near along the lines of that story so I'm interested to see which decisions were vital in heading towards that way!

I don't think Black Mirror should do the interactive concept again, but I don't think they'd want to either. Judging by how they've released this, they always wanted this to be a one-off and a major talking point, which it thoroughly deserves after executing this concept seamlessly. Like Joe said, I don't think this is really got a significant message on our society, but to create and execute this concept which I didn't think would be possible was more than enough to make this a landmark episode.

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 29th December 2018, 08:38 PM
Post #33
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54

I just finished it and got the same ending as Sam - it was interesting but I felt like I was in a circle towards the end and then eventually selected to exit via the window which then prompted the director to yell ‘cut’, pan out to the studio with the crew looking at me oddly and telling me it wasn’t scripted before then offering me a chance to ‘go get the rabbit from dad’ which eventually led to leaving with mum.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 30th December 2018, 11:07 AM
Post #34
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦

Does anyone know the number to phone the therapist

Wait i got it

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 30th December 2018, 12:03 PM
Post #35
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦

I just got Sam’s ending and that’s definitely my favourite and really improved the story for me - it felt the most interesting and most relevant to the theme, and also very Black Mirror.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 30th December 2018, 12:57 PM
Post #36
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

QUOTE(Santa Klaus @ Dec 30 2018, 11:07 AM) *
Does anyone know the number to phone the therapist

Wait i got it

We got it immediately cos we had subtitles on and the subtitle had the 5th number that wasn't being spoken out loud 😂😂

+Quote this post
PaPa Ri
post 30th December 2018, 08:36 PM
Post #37
Group icon
JanWasRobbed
User: 8,335

It was ok to play I guess, but as an episode/film it was't that great, I don't think I even consider it a film. I went through all the endings, my favourite is the Netflix one by far.

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post 31st December 2018, 10:39 AM
Post #38
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 1,030

i do like the black mirror narrative of us not really having the choice as we would think...

the fourth wall breakage with stefan being like "theres someone controlling me" became a bit tiresome but i really like the white bear theory thats roaming round where us making the 'wrong' choice and making us repeat the scene with a different scenriro is him reliving his poor decision... ultimately all i wanted to do was eat frosties and listen to now 2 though... i didnt wanna kill his dad

+Quote this post
PaulM1983
post 31st December 2018, 12:12 PM
Post #39
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 6,471

The rabbit hole is deep with this one. It's amazing.

I probably spent a good 3 hours doing the episode and got at least 8 endings before my final final one. I'm sure I've seen them all.

What I find most intriguing is the world it has built up. This connects to at least 7 other BM episodes, either through the games that had been previously released, the Tuckersoft website, the name of the hospital/health centre, the name of his doctor, seemingly unimportant posters on walls in the background, the scrolling news feed on the news bulletin and lots of other little easter eggs. This isn't a standalone movie at all and is placed firmly in the same universe as a lot of the best episodes.

They're so damn clever.

This post has been edited by PaulM1983: 31st December 2018, 12:14 PM

+Quote this post
jakewild
post 31st December 2018, 03:59 PM
Post #40
Group icon
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
User: 2,790

absolutely loved this. interesting to read about everyone else endings..

however i boringly ended up with stefan chucking coffee into the therapists face and kicking his dad in the balls and that was it. then it sent me back to the netflix option again so i went for him to jump out of the window but he's on the set of a tv show..

+Quote this post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 12:36 AM