BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

188 Pages V  « < 39 40 41 42 43 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Spice Girls • General Discussion, Spice Girls reunite at Victoria's 50th birthday party!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Mr.X
post 20th July 2019, 12:52 PM
Post #801
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,587

Yeah she did but she didnt particularly say if it was for this year, although it probably was ah.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 20th July 2019, 03:45 PM
Post #802
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,988

QUOTE(Spiceboy @ Jul 20 2019, 11:46 AM) *
Did Emma confirm they were offered Glastonbury this year? If so why the heck didn’t they do it? There is no guarantee they would be offered it again!?

She confirmed they were offered this year. I think it might be Kylie and them are the same type of act, and 50 years will be much bigger.

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 20th July 2019, 05:13 PM
Post #803
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

QUOTE(sammy01 @ Jul 20 2019, 04:45 PM) *
She confirmed they were offered this year. I think it might be Kylie and them are the same type of act, and 50 years will be much bigger.

But that is a big gamble as there is no saying they would offer it to them again... Glastonbury is such an iconic event will be quite annoying if they don’t get offered it again now as would have been great for their legacy.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 21st July 2019, 08:58 AM
Post #804
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

Rumours of a Las Vegas residency:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/95495...esidency-mel-b/

+Quote this post
McAndrew
post 21st July 2019, 09:15 AM
Post #805
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 39,551

A little skeptical of this one. I don't see them doing more shows in the US than they have done in the UK. But I'd be very happy to be wrong about that.

+Quote this post
vibe
post 21st July 2019, 10:18 AM
Post #806
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,763

SUYL was used in drag SOS

This week

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 21st July 2019, 10:24 AM
Post #807
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

urgh I know it would be great for them in a way, but it would have been much better to do a tour on their own terms in America. Imagine a 10 date stadium tour there wub.gif

But Vegas is probably the least expensive and tiring option for them whilst raking in the money ah I would much rather they do a short tour of USA, go Australia, Brazil, few Europe dates, back to UK for a homecoming tour of Stadiums again and then, after a bit of time off touring and releasing music, do a short residency in Vegas before taking a break.

Anyway, let's see...

+Quote this post
Piers
post 21st July 2019, 02:33 PM
Post #808
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 69,521

I acknowledge The Sun probably made that Vegas story up. But. Cause we're just chattin' here...I'll play along like there's a kernel of truth to it. They absolutely need to do something in the US...but not a six-week residency. Their relationship to the US audience is a fairly odd thing. They definitely own a piece of 90s nostalgia here...and Wannabe remains a staple of bachelorette party karaoke. But. They're just not known for as much in the US as many other places. They had four top ten hits in the US. Radio support (unfairly) dropped off after 2 Become 1. Songs like Stop and Goodbye...huge, iconic hits in the UK...would only be known to people who bought the physical singles, albums in the US. They didn't rule the pop music scene here nearly as long as BSB, NSYNC and Britney.

All that is to say...there's a fanbase here who will absolutely go see them. I really want a few shows. But I don't think six weeks in one spot is the best course of action.

Side note. I really hate how articles like this one lay out how much the girls are worth. In today's more woke times...can't we all agree that shaming people for their finances is gross?

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 21st July 2019, 03:22 PM
Post #809
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Piers @ Jul 21 2019, 03:33 PM) *
I acknowledge The Sun probably made that Vegas story up. But. Cause we're just chattin' here...I'll play along like there's a kernel of truth to it. They absolutely need to do something in the US...but not a six-week residency. Their relationship to the US audience is a fairly odd thing. They definitely own a piece of 90s nostalgia here...and Wannabe remains a staple of bachelorette party karaoke. But. They're just not known for as much in the US as many other places. They had four top ten hits in the US. Radio support (unfairly) dropped off after 2 Become 1. Songs like Stop and Goodbye...huge, iconic hits in the UK...would only be known to people who bought the physical singles, albums in the US. They didn't rule the pop music scene here nearly as long as BSB, NSYNC and Britney.

All that is to say...there's a fanbase here who will absolutely go see them. I really want a few shows. But I don't think six weeks in one spot is the best course of action.

Side note. I really hate how articles like this one lay out how much the girls are worth. In today's more woke times...can't we all agree that shaming people for their finances is gross?

100% agree with everyting you say, specially the last line. It always bothers me how much the UK press focuses on their finances. It's horrid. And also it keeps playing into this whole 'they are only doing it cos of money, they hate each other really' which is sexist as f*** as well as gross.

In relation to America, I mean they did sell out the previous Tour dates all over the USA. Maybe not as instantly as they would have hoped, but from what I remember they were sold out. The very first few released (December ones) sold out immediatly, it was only the February ones that took a bit to sell, and those were released much closer to the dates anyway, the whole thing was a mess.

I think if they did 10-12 dates across a few cities in USA and Canada they would be totally fine in terms of sales. And then go down the continent to Central America (couple of shows) and the South America with like 5 shows and they would be flying!

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 21st July 2019, 03:45 PM
Post #810
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

I think there could be some truth to these rumours. A Vegas residency seems like the safest and most sensible option for them. For a start they will get up front pay outs, I'm sure they will negotiate the merchandise into it aswell but generally you get an upfront payment. Then it's the least tiring option in terms of moving about, they can stay in one place, have their kids there for a bit then send them home etc. Also the venues are smaller so 6 weeks is easily doable.

I think a residency in Vegas would be good for them it's quite a legendary thing to do, however they should do a venue like the Monte Carlo rather than Caesar's Palace because you can't dance in CP while you can in the Monte Carlo...

+Quote this post
Spice Girls Net
post 21st July 2019, 06:57 PM
Post #811
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 64,815

Spice Girls Live at Wembley Stadium 1998 YouTube post reached 1 million views yesterday biggrin.gif

It's done very well seeing as it was around the 900k mark when the tour announcement was made back in November

Wembley Stadium 1998

This post has been edited by Spice Girls Net: 21st July 2019, 06:58 PM

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 25th July 2019, 10:34 PM
Post #812
Group icon

Mel B has sparked rumours about Victoria apparently being up for appearing with the girls at Glastonbury next year ohmy.gif

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/95859...on-glastonbury/

SAY YOU'LL BE THERE Victoria Beckham wants to reunite with the Spice Girls for Glastonbury’s 50th birthday celebration next year
From Simon Boyle's Bizarre column

GETTING all five Spice Girls back on stage is the reunion every fan dreams of – and according to Mel B’s mum, it will happen sooner than you think.

Scary Spice says Victoria Beckham recently told her mother, Andrea Brown, she is up for the idea of them all performing next year at Glastonbury to mark the festival’s 50th anniversary.

On tonight’s episode of TV’s The Lateish Show with Mo Gilligan, Mel B said: “Funnily enough, my mum was at her mum’s summer party and Victoria was there, and she did actually mention to my mum that she’d love to do Glastonbury for their 50th next year.

"It’s not just me saying it, she actually did say that to my mum.”

Mo said: “Victoria’s ready to come for de big show, innit!”

Mel B added: “I hope so.”

She is on the programme, which airs on Channel 4 at 10pm, alongside Pixie Lott, comic Lee Mack and actor Riz Ahmed.

Earlier this month Mel B appeared on Zoe Ball’s Radio 2 breakfast show and said of a possible Spice Girls gig at Glasto: “It just happens to be Glastonbury’s 50th anniversary next year. I think that would be a really good thing to do.

“The girls are going to kill me for saying it but I don’t care, I think we owe it to our fans and ourselves. I would love that.”

+Quote this post
tommie
post 26th July 2019, 06:45 PM
Post #813
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 8,073

Oh shut up Mel.

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 26th July 2019, 08:36 PM
Post #814
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(tommie @ Jul 26 2019, 07:45 PM) *
Oh shut up Mel.

Exactly what I thought! laugh.gif

This is another one of those if I say it then I might make it happen moments from Mel I reckon. I would bloody love them to do Glastonbury with it without Victoria!

+Quote this post
Piers
post 27th July 2019, 01:30 PM
Post #815
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 69,521

I know her spontaneity's a big part of why we love her. But...I can't help but think Mel's tendency to just blurt things out could end up being damaging to the group. We have about a decade's worth of false headlines about the group...not because a tabloid made them up...but because an actual Spice Girl flat-out lied. (...not to say the tabloids haven't lied too...but...you get what I'm saying...)

These are plans that require contracts, major payments, management involvement, etc. Does Mel's mouth not put a strain on the group and their team?

It's not just limited to group stuff. I really wish she hadn't blurted out that Jessie J is overrated on Heart this week. Putting down another woman in music is majorly off-brand for a Spice Girl...and it's especially unfortunate when it's against someone who's always talked so positively about the Spices.

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 27th July 2019, 02:46 PM
Post #816
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,988

I think you are being harsh on Mel. Yeah she jumps the gun and says things I'm sure are only in discussion stages behind the scenes but she really does keep the buzz, hype and rumour mill going.

At the end of the day they do something if they want to and don't if they don't. Mel B constantly keeping the hype going undoubtedly keeps them getting offers coming in.

If they all took the mel c approach up till this year I think any interest in them doing anything would be at rock bottom. There is only so many times people wanna hear 'we are mothers now' 'All so busy' etc before people just lose interest.

I hope the 4 keep on doing things, the mister men stuff has been a real sweet bonus and offers like that should be jumped on to continue to keep the brand alive even if a big tour or album aren't on the cards at the time.

+Quote this post
ilovepollo
post 10th August 2019, 05:13 PM
Post #817
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 39,573

I didn't know where to put this link.
If you want to watch the unboxing of Spice, the unicef blue vinyl limited edition.

+Quote this post
schizo_spice
post 10th August 2019, 10:19 PM
Post #818
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 39,574

Daily Mirror reporting that the four of them met this week to start working on new material and are hoping to get Victoria involved.

I think a new album is needed if they want to stay active as a group. I'm excited by the possibility of new music they really have nothing to lose at this point and I'm sure with the right lead single and promo they could match or better what Steps did with Tears on the Dancefloor.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news...IGt_JTkxtJWz8Pk

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 10th August 2019, 10:31 PM
Post #819
Group icon

I really hope it's true wub.gif