BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

30 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Emma Bunton - 'My Happy Place', 2019 • 4th Album / 2023: Magenta Pink Vinyl
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Blond 2.0
post Feb 25 2019, 03:03 PM
Post #21
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Group: Members
Member No.: 39,576
   No Gallery Pics

The cover is simple and cute magic.gif but I wanted more tracks and less covers Emma but anyway I'm happy that at least she's releasing something smoke.gif

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sammy01
post Feb 25 2019, 03:07 PM
Post #22
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 9,988
   No Gallery Pics

10 tracks is perfect in terms of a quick 35 to 40 minute play on streaming services.

BMG know what they are doing they got Rick Astley a big number 1 album and Gabrielle back in the top 10.

This post has been edited by sammy01: Feb 25 2019, 03:07 PM

+Quote Post
Aussie
post Feb 25 2019, 03:50 PM
Post #23
BuzzJack Climber
Member No.: 72,843
   No Gallery Pics

Breaking News on Facebook about you know what!
I borrowed Jodie Whittaker's TARDIS and had a sticky beak (To pry, have an inquisitive look.)

This post has been edited by Aussie: Feb 25 2019, 04:18 PM

+Quote Post
ThePensmith
post Feb 25 2019, 04:00 PM
Post #24
They've had the very Tunnocks, Mary
Member No.: 13,208
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(sammy01 @ Feb 25 2019, 03:07 PM) *
10 tracks is perfect in terms of a quick 35 to 40 minute play on streaming services.

BMG know what they are doing they got Rick Astley a big number 1 album and Gabrielle back in the top 10.

And they got Kylie another number one album too. More than likely a top 10 for Dido too when she releases her new album in a couple of weeks' time!

Re: the tracklist. I have the Candie Payne album somewhere, and I said for ages that it'd be a perfect song for Emma to have done. 'One More Chance' that was on the same album would have been ideal for her too:

+Quote Post
Mr.X
post Feb 25 2019, 04:07 PM
Post #25
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 39,587
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Aussie @ Feb 25 2019, 03:50 PM) *
Breaking News on Facebook about you know what!
I borrowed Jodie Whittaker's TARDIS and had a sticky beak.

What do you mean? x

+Quote Post
Mullo
post Feb 25 2019, 04:14 PM
Post #26
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 9,394
   No Gallery Pics

Emma Bunton has announced her first album in over 12 years.

My Happy Place is Emma's first release since signing to BMG and will be available on April 12. Emma last released an album way back in December 2006 with Life in Mono.

Baby Spice's fourth studio album features eight covers of some of Emma's favourite songs, with two new songs on the tracklist titled Too Many Teardrops and Baby Please Don't Stop, the latter which will be released as the album's lead single this Wednesday (February 27).

Emma will team up with Robbie Williams on a new version of Spice Girls classic 2 Become 1, while Will Young joins Emma for a cover of Dusty Spingfield's I Only Want To Be With You. Emma has also duetted with her husband - Damage's Jade Jones - on You're All I Need To Get By, made famous by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell.

“The reason I called the album ‘My Happy Place’ is because my happy place is with my family, with my friends, listening to music and being in the studio," explained Emma. "All those things came together on this album.

"As you get older you feel more confident because actually your priorities change, and my family have become my focus, but this album is like the icing on the cake. Being able to write, record and perform is definitely that extra sprinkle of magic."

This post has been edited by Mullo: Feb 25 2019, 04:16 PM

+Quote Post
Aussie
post Feb 25 2019, 04:21 PM
Post #27
BuzzJack Climber
   No Gallery Pics

There's no digital format to pre order.

+Quote Post
-Jay-
post Feb 25 2019, 04:34 PM
Post #28
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 3,217

I think I’d have preferred the album cover without the colour splotches, and I’m disappointed that there’s no vinyl!

The track list doesn’t excite me hugely with the 8 covers, but I’ll obviously reserve judgement until hearing them. Hyped to hear the two new songs though!

I’ve preordered the Deluxe CD / 2 cassettes / signed photo happy.gif

+Quote Post
-Jay-
post Feb 25 2019, 04:46 PM
Post #29
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 3,217

QUOTE(Aussie @ Feb 25 2019, 04:21 PM) *
There's no digital format to pre order.

So far there's iTunes and Amazon digital pre-orders:

iTunes

Amazon

+Quote Post
___∆___
post Feb 25 2019, 11:34 PM
Post #30
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 3,155

Also I love they haven’t rinsed the fans with the prices - £25 for the deluxe CD, 2 cassettes and a signed picture is amazing and I’ve seen LOADS of posts from people showing screen shots that they’ve bought it. Good promo, album signings, SG hype and a strong lead single could have Emma challenging for the top spot tbh.

+Quote Post
spiceboy
post Feb 25 2019, 11:56 PM
Post #31
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 39,568
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(___∆___ @ Feb 25 2019, 11:34 PM) *
Also I love they haven’t rinsed the fans with the prices - £25 for the deluxe CD, 2 cassettes and a signed picture is amazing and I’ve seen LOADS of posts from people showing screen shots that they’ve bought it. Good promo, album signings, SG hype and a strong lead single could have Emma challenging for the top spot tbh.

If Emma is challenging for the top spot I will be amazed! blink.gif

Top 10 I think it quite doable and top 5 would be fantastic but a challenge for #1 I find incredibly unlikely... I obviously hope she does, would be utterly amazing and she would be able to claim she is the most successful Spice for a change biggrin.gif cheer.gif w00t.gif

+Quote Post
spiceboy
post Feb 26 2019, 12:49 AM
Post #32
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 39,568
   No Gallery Pics

I do however think Emma has by far the best chance at the highest charting / biggest selling album out of the 5 girls now!

+Quote Post
Piers
post Feb 26 2019, 12:57 AM
Post #33
BuzzJack Regular
Member No.: 69,521
   No Gallery Pics

For someone who has a pretty great songwriting history...I really...really...wish there was more original music here after a 12-year-gap from her last solo album. I already didn't think Life in Mono had enough Emma-penned originals. So. Hm.

Also. Not in love with Robbie getting to record a Spice Girls song. A one-off performance was one thing...buuut...

This is the guy who called Geri a demonic little girl and publicly made fun of what Mel C was like in bed. Isn't Goin Down about him? He also said he was going to shag Victoria...years after she was already married. I get that they may have long forgiven all of this. But. He's kinda had a history of being a douche to members not named Emma Bunton.

Anyway. All I can say is this. Really looking forward to the two Emma originals. Hope she knocks it out of the park. This beats nothing.

+Quote Post
Aussie
post Feb 26 2019, 06:46 AM
Post #34
BuzzJack Climber
   No Gallery Pics

It looks like no digital format of her album (MP3) can be pre ordered.
Why sell cassettes though, considering their obselete?
Where would you find a cassette player now?
Compact Discs are now becoming obselete.

This post has been edited by Aussie: Feb 26 2019, 07:13 AM

+Quote Post
Aussie
post Feb 26 2019, 06:47 AM
Post #35
BuzzJack Climber
   No Gallery Pics

Double post by mistake.

This post has been edited by Aussie: Feb 26 2019, 06:48 AM

+Quote Post
tommie
post Feb 26 2019, 07:08 AM
Post #36
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Banned
Member No.: 8,073

I'm not too surprised if I'm being honest - this was probably thrown together to take advantage of the reunion. I very much doubt she was working hard away on it during those two years they claim she's worked on it.

It might do well though, as has been said this'll appeal to the ASDA mums plus you have teh collector gayz buying all those bundles...

+Quote Post
vibe
post Feb 26 2019, 07:40 AM
Post #37
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 11,763
   No Gallery Pics

^ I agree with you Tommie this is all about taking a chance because of the reunion. She has not had time to make an album of new material .

+Quote Post
vibe
post Feb 26 2019, 07:41 AM
Post #38
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 11,763
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Piers @ Feb 26 2019, 12:57 AM) *
For someone who has a pretty great songwriting history...I really...really...wish there was more original music here after a 12-year-gap from her last solo album. I already didn't think Life in Mono had enough Emma-penned originals. So. Hm.

Also. Not in love with Robbie getting to record a Spice Girls song. A one-off performance was one thing...buuut...

This is the guy who called Geri a demonic little girl and publicly made fun of what Mel C was like in bed. Isn't Goin Down about him? He also said he was going to shag Victoria...years after she was already married. I get that they may have long forgiven all of this. But. He's kinda had a history of being a douche to members not named Emma Bunton.

Anyway. All I can say is this. Really looking forward to the two Emma originals. Hope she knocks it out of the park. This beats nothing.

What did Robbie day about Mel C in the bedroom , I have never heard this before ?

+Quote Post
tommie
post Feb 26 2019, 09:06 AM
Post #39
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Banned
Member No.: 8,073

I guess the advantage of there only being ten tracks might be that it might have a slight better chance at making some Spotify impact, plus I can see them possibly reissuing with extra tracks in the fall if it doesn't completely bomb out of the charts.

+Quote Post
slowdown73
post Feb 26 2019, 09:26 AM
Post #40
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 1,031
   No Gallery Pics

I liked Emma’s first two albums but the last one wasn’t great. This doesn’t really interest me though - I’d prefer something with more original material.

+Quote Post

30 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:27 AM