BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Josh's Top 60 Nicki Minaj Songs, FINISHED! Full list in OP and on page 7 :D
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
SGrey
post 17th September 2017, 08:15 PM
Post #41
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,182

Lots of comments for me to catch up on here!

I also loved Adele's cover verse of Monster, it's brilliantly unexpected and completely threw me when I first watched the video.

I love All Things Go - as with the ending line. I'm sure this was one of the songs she wrote about her abortion wasn't it?

Roman Holiday isn't particularly the best track on the album either, but it's a good opener.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post 17th September 2017, 09:40 PM
Post #42
Group icon
is in hibernation
User: 21,161

All Things Go wub.gif Her best album opener by an absolute mile, the chorus is one of those that makes me tear up a bit everytime <3 Rake It Up is a massive bop tbh, I know it's trash but 💁🏽 The video is a classy af work of art *.*

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 18th September 2017, 02:15 PM
Post #43
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

QUOTE(danG @ Sep 17 2017, 04:30 PM) *
Rake It Up is my fave of these so far, proper choon and not just for Nicki's parts.

Yeah, the chorus itself is proper catchy too and both raps from both artists are pretty good. I'm glad it's been a big US hit even though it likely won't crossover at this point sad.gif

Thanks for commenting Dan!! biggrin.gif

QUOTE(HarryEzra @ Sep 17 2017, 04:36 PM) *
I love Pills and Potions, Run Up, Roman Holiday and The Creep! Good section wub.gif

Glad you're loving so many of these, Harry! The Creep is underrated tbh but it is so much fun !! tongue.gif

Thanks for commenting heart.gif

QUOTE(Saenerys @ Sep 17 2017, 09:15 PM) *
Lots of comments for me to catch up on here!

I also loved Adele's cover verse of Monster, it's brilliantly unexpected and completely threw me when I first watched the video.

I love All Things Go - as with the ending line. I'm sure this was one of the songs she wrote about her abortion wasn't it?

Roman Holiday isn't particularly the best track on the album either, but it's a good opener.
Yeah it was so unexpected for Adele of all people to know the words to Monster word for word laugh.gif

Yeah, some of the lyrics do refer to her abortion. Definitely one of her most personal tracks cry.gif

It works so well as an album opener and I've always loved how bonkers it is. There are definitely better tracks from Roman Reloaded yet to come though!

Thanks for commenting, Sean !!! wub.gif

QUOTE(Andrew. @ Sep 17 2017, 10:40 PM) *
All Things Go wub.gif Her best album opener by an absolute mile, the chorus is one of those that makes me tear up a bit everytime <3 Rake It Up is a massive bop tbh, I know it's trash but 💁🏽 The video is a classy af work of art *.*

I'm the Best remains my favourite of her album openers but this definitely works really well as the first track introducing us to the Pinkprint. I love the video to Rake It Up, so glad it's been a big US hit for her at least wub.gif tongue.gif
Thanks for commenting, Andrew heart.gif

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 18th September 2017, 02:22 PM
Post #44
Group icon
c:

43. Marilyn Monroe
Nicki Minaj
2012 - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded

Favourite lyrics:
"If you can’t handle my worst
You ain’t getting my best"

I feel like this is pretty hated amongst hardcode Nicki fans but I've always had a big soft spot for it. I do like it when Nicki goes a bit slower from time to time and I think is one of her best downtempo efforts. It's nothing really all that special but it's a track I return to a lot and have always found the section with this, Young Forever and Fire Burns rather lovely when listening to Roman Reloaded so I had to give it a place on my countdown wub.gif

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 18th September 2017, 02:25 PM
Post #45
Group icon
c:

42. Young Forever
Nicki Minaj

Favourite lyrics:
"Don't say goodbye, look in my eyes
So that I always will remember"

I basically have the same things to say about this as I did about "Marilyn Monroe" but I've always slightly preferred this so it wins by just one position. It probably is a bit too sickly sweet and saccharine but I find it pretty touching and it has a nice tune too. It's not an all-time favourite or anything but it is rather lovely and underrated in her discography in my opinion.

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 18th September 2017, 02:26 PM
Post #46
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835

Omg Marilyn Monroe is her best softer song imo wub.gif

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 18th September 2017, 02:29 PM
Post #47
Group icon
c:

41. Light My Body Up
(David Guetta feat. Nicki Minaj & Lil Wayne)
2017 - Non-album single

Favourite lyrics:
"Know she'll never be queen, so now she got a vendetta
I ain't talkin' 'bout David when I say I'ma Guetta"

This was a personal chart #1 for me earlier this year but I keep forgetting it exists and haven't listened to it much since it flopped. It deserved to be a big hit imo, especially when much worse recent Guetta songs have smashed but this just wasn't meant to be sad.gif It doesn't go OFF as much as the other Guetta/Nicki collabs but I really enjoy the drop in this especially and both vocalists do a decent job too. I must remind myself to listen to this more still!!

Here's a recap before we hit the top 40!

COUNTDOWN
60. Give Me All Your Luvin' (Madonna feat. Nicki Minaj and M.I.A.)
59. Favorite (Nicki Minaj feat. Jeremih)
58. No Frauds (Nicki Minaj feat. Drake & Lil Wayne)
57. No Flex Zone (Remix) (Rae Sremmurd feat. Nicki Minaj & Pusha T)
56. Monster (Kanye West feat. Jay-Z, Rick Ross, Bon Iver and Nicki Minaj)
55. Black Barbies
54. I Lied
53. All Things Go
52. Y.U. MAD (Birdman feat. Nicki Minaj & Lil Wayne)
51. Till the World Ends (Remix) (Britney Spears feat. Kesha & Nicki Minaj)
50. Run Up (Major Lazer feat. PartyNextDoor & Nicki Minaj)
49. Roman Holiday
48. Rake It Up (Yo Gotti feat. Nicki Minaj)
47. You Da Baddest (Future feat. Nicki Minaj)
46. Pills N Potions
45. The Creep (Lonely Island feat. Nicki Minaj)
44. Buy a Heart (Nicki Minaj feat. Meek Mill)
43. Marilyn Monroe
42. Young Forever
41. Light My Body Up (David Guetta feat. Nicki Minaj & Lil Wayne)

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 18th September 2017, 02:50 PM
Post #48
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

Catching up from page 2... I LOVE Y U Mad, Rake It Up is good and Pills n Potions is just about where I'd put it too.
Used to love Buy a Heart too but listen to it a lot less now these days.

Light My Body up also a bop, top 5 in my personals earlier this year. One of many Nicki has landed this year biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by StillJupiter: 18th September 2017, 02:51 PM

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 19th September 2017, 01:35 PM
Post #49
Group icon
c:

QUOTE(HarryEzra @ Sep 18 2017, 03:26 PM) *
Omg Marilyn Monroe is her best softer song imo wub.gif

Yeah, it's lovely and she sounds great on it. I do like her other slower ones like "Grand Piano" but I always have a big soft spot for this and "Young Forever" too wub.gif

Thanks for commenting Harry wub.gif
QUOTE(StillJupiter @ Sep 18 2017, 03:50 PM) *
Catching up from page 2... I LOVE Y U Mad, Rake It Up is good and Pills n Potions is just about where I'd put it too.
Used to love Buy a Heart too but listen to it a lot less now these days.

Light My Body up also a bop, top 5 in my personals earlier this year. One of many Nicki has landed this year biggrin.gif

Yay at another fan of YU Mad, I feel like it's pretty underrated in her discography and probably not very well known but it's so catchy wub.gif

Yeah, it's definitely one of her best of the year, her and Guetta are a dream team!

Thanks for commenting, Jupiter heart.gif

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 19th September 2017, 01:41 PM
Post #50
Group icon
c:

40. Love More
(Chris Brown feat. Nicki Minaj)
2013 - X

Favourite lyrics:
"Could I be your wife?
Naw we could bang though
I got these n****s whipped
Call me Django"

Chris Brown may be a pretty terrible person in real life but he's an artist I really like and he pretty much always provides bops. This is no different and the two of them work really well together on a lot of songs. It's not really unique in any way but the chorus is so catchy, it's well produced and Nicki provides the cherry on top with her verse music.gif

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 19th September 2017, 01:41 PM
Post #51
Group icon
c:

40. Love More
(Chris Brown feat. Nicki Minaj)
2013 - X

Favourite lyrics:
"Could I be your wife?
Naw we could bang though
I got these n****s whipped
Call me Django"

Chris Brown may be a pretty terrible person in real life but he's an artist I really like and he pretty much always provides bops. This is no different and the two of them work really well together on a lot of songs. It's not really unique in any way but the chorus is so catchy, it's well produced and Nicki provides the cherry on top with her verse music.gif

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 19th September 2017, 01:48 PM
Post #52
Group icon
c:

39. Beauty and a Beat
(Justin Bieber feat. Nicki Minaj)
2012 - Believe

Favourite lyrics:
"Buns out, wiener, but I gotta keep an eye out for Selena"

It's getting so hard to get rid of songs from my shortlist already but I've gone with this as I don't go back to it all that often. It's one of my favourite Bieber tracks but both artists have matured a lot since this was released which does make it sound a little 'of its time' even if I do still love it when I do hear it. The song itself would be great as a solo Justin Bieber song anyway but Nicki adds a fun verse which makes it that little bit better for me.

+Quote this post
danG
post 19th September 2017, 01:55 PM
Post #53
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746

not even Nicki could save 'Beauty and the Beast' imo, this was back when Justin Bieber was still releasing bad music and this wasn't an exception. sad.gif

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 19th September 2017, 01:56 PM
Post #54
Group icon
c:

38. Knockout
(Lil Wayne feat. Nicki Minaj)
2010 - Rebirth

Favourite lyrics:
"Awe f*** it
Give me that damn bucket
Wh-when I throw this pussy
You better not start duckin"

It feels a bit snakey of me getting rid of this early but it does sound very dated nowadays. This was one of the very first tracks I heard of Nicki's where I fell in love with her sound (I remember discovering BedRock, Your Love & this and just playing them all the time circa 2010 wub.gif) and I can remember so vividly getting my friends in the skate park to Bluetooth this to me on my shitty Samsung phone wub.gif It's still a lot of fun and I listen to it a fair amount still, its weird faux rock sound just makes it even more fun and I've always love the video to it too. See below for an amazing gif from this video *-*

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 20th September 2017, 09:47 AM
Post #55
Group icon
c:

QUOTE(danG @ Sep 19 2017, 02:55 PM) *
not even Nicki could save 'Beauty and the Beast' imo, this was back when Justin Bieber was still releasing bad music and this wasn't an exception. sad.gif

I'd say it's in my top three Bieber singles with Sorry and probably Friends now too. He's definitely gotten better as time has gone on but he had some tunes in the Believe era too music.gif

Thanks for commenting, Dan wub.gif

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 20th September 2017, 09:51 AM
Post #56
Group icon
c:

37. Do You Mind
(DJ Khaled feat. Nicki Minaj, Chris Brown, Jeremih, Future, August Alsina and Rick Ross)
2016 - Major Key

Favourite lyrics:
"He got Nicki, he know that he hit the jackpot"

DJ Khaled has had some pretty massive hits in recent years and unfortunately this wasn't one despite featuring a load of big names and probably being my favourite track by him (this was true up until "Wild Thoughts" anyway, now I'm not so sure). It doesn't feature Nicki all that much even though her little snippets are nice but it's the hook that makes the song good, Chris Brown providing another slick chorus and it's just nice seeing all these big stars on one track. There aren't many songs where the Nicki part isn't my favourite on the song so that's just testament to how good the chorus to this is music.gif

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 20th September 2017, 09:56 AM
Post #57
Group icon
c:

36. Blazin'
(Nicki Minaj feat. Kanye West)
2010 - Pink Friday

Favourite lyrics:
"Motherf***ers ain't ready, they never been
As long as I am in the game, you'll never win
I'm on that different type of high, heroin
Put on my cape and hit the sky, heroine!"

I've said before that Pink Friday is my (joint) favourite album of all-time (alongside Lungs by Florence + the Machine) and it's not hard to see why when the album tracks are THIS good. The only reason it's a little low is because the chorus can get a bit repetitive which brings it down compared to some of the album tracks still to come. The raps are fantastic in this showcasing how Nicki was here to stay and Kanye is a great addition too with one of my favourite verses by him on any song wub.gif

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 20th September 2017, 10:03 AM
Post #58
Group icon
c:

35. Up In Flames
Nicki Minaj
2012 - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded – The Re-Up

Favourite lyrics:
"On my way to make a billi like a big goat"

Only four songs made the list from The Re-Up and this is the first one to drop out but it's a track I've always loved from the moment I first heard it. The choir style chorus is a great addition and it just works so well as the opener to the album. It's a five minute long epic song but it never feels long and would've made a great single in my opinion if she had decided to release one more wub.gif

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 20th September 2017, 10:09 AM
Post #59
Group icon
c:

34. Freedom
Nicki Minaj
2012 - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded – The Re-Up

Favourite lyrics:
"My career's been a pink print
When I retire, tell 'em think pink
Pink Friday is the imprint"

I've always loved this and "Up In Flames" pretty equally but I think this may just be my favourite ever so slightly so it beats it here by just one place. It's another slightly slower offering from her and a nice mix of singing and rapping that we don't get to see Nicki do that often. The verses are definitely the highlight of the song for me but the chorus is rather lovely too even if it does almost seem like two different songs at times.

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 21st September 2017, 12:46 PM
Post #60
Group icon
c:

33. Beez in the Trap
(Nicki Minaj feat. 2 Chainz)

Favourite lyrics:
"Bitches ain't shit, and they ain't sayin' nothin'
A hundred motherf***ers can't tell me nothin'
I beez in the trap, beez in the trap"

Beez in the Trap is a track that I enjoyed a lot more when the album was released in comparison to now but I do still enjoy it when it's on. I was obsessed with it at the time and it used to be one of my favourite track from the album but nowadays I don't return to it so much. The chorus is probably my favourite part of the song but the rap verses are decent too and I do like Nicki's verse where she's name-checking all of the cities towards the end music.gif

+Quote this post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 08:06 AM