BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
21 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> < CII > Final Results, Estadjo Natio Áskorza, Morpeth Cove, République d'Áskorza
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Silas
post Mar 4 2018, 01:41 PM
Post #1
Queen of Soon
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 3,474

God Tjaé! Vfelkřmmen alles til Estadjo Natio Áskorza, Morpeth Cove i République d'Áskorza!!
Good Afternoon! Welcome everyone to Ashton National Stadium, Morpeth Cove and the Republic of Ashton!!

Anticipation is in the air here at Estadjo Natio Áskorza as the complex opens for delegations, the media and ticket holders ahead of tonights results show. From 3pm West Ashton Time (7pm GMT) the results of the 102nd Buzzjack Song Contest will be revealed on stage in the stadium behind me. Commití d'Vfřtenizerja "BJSC CII" has confirmed that the votes will be revealed in a specific order. Host nation République d'Áskorza will present their points first. Followed by Ramrynia*, Tinnmark* and then remaining finalists in order of their final draw. Non-Qualifying finalists will have their votes presented as part of a jury reveal at the end of the finalists votes. In a BJSC first, SNÁ have revealed that as part of the results presentation as each finalist presents their votes their semi-final position and points score will be revealed.

Officials would not be drawn on the performance of Wunderwelt, remaining unusually tight-lipped and pokerfaced even off the record.

In other BJSC news, Türistja Áskorza (Tourism Ashton) has revealed that more than 10m international tourists have descended on Morpeth Cove for the contest, significantly higher than the 1.5m expected ahead of confirmations opening. Hotel's are fully booked as far away New England Harbour on Ashton's North-Central coast, some 1,200km away.

--Neevja Kvanth reporting for SNÁ|News live from Estadjo Natio Áskorza in Cove City, Morpeth Cove

*Both nations using the holiday procedure
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Mar 4 2018, 01:57 PM
Post #2
Brown cow, stunning!
Group: Members
Member No.: 10,139

Hype!! Hoping for a unique top 10 posiiton bc those are cool kink.gif Fairly confident with this one. I love that we can find out the semi results as our votes go out too!

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Mar 4 2018, 02:04 PM
Post #3
Howdy, disco citizens
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

Exciting stuff.

What's the "Holiday Procedure"?

+Quote Post
Silas
post Mar 4 2018, 02:16 PM
Post #4
Queen of Soon

QUOTE(Brett-Butler @ Mar 4 2018, 02:04 PM) *
What's the "Holiday Procedure"?

The way to participate in BJSC if you're going to miss some of the contest because of a holiday! The part of the rules relating to it are below happy.gif

QUOTE(Silas @ Jul 10 2016, 09:16 PM) *
Holiday Procedures:

The Basics
  • If you are going to be on holiday for part of a contest, these procedures may make it possible for you to still participate in the contest.
  • You MUST contact a moderator first so we can keep track of who is using this and that it's being used for genuine reasons. Abuse of the system will lead to it being withdrawn.
  • If we find out about you using this system from the host, we won't be happy and are far less likely to bend over backwards to help you. It's basic manners, you come to us with the issue and we'll do whatever we can to make it work.
  • If you don't mention anything and then just use these procedures mid-contest without telling anyone it's what you are intending to do, it will be blocked/rejected and you will either sit the contest out (if at the confirmations stage) or face the appropriate penalties (if at the voting stage).
The Details
  • If you will be without internet access during the entirety of confirmation week we will allow you to 'pre-confirm'. By this we mean that you will be able to PM the host your confirmation (or gain access to the Google form where possible) before confirmation opens. In the interests of absolute fairness, your pre-confirmation will not be counted until one hour after confirmation opens. This means that for the first hour your entry is fair game and it prevents you from gaining an advantage by confirming early. We advise you confirm with back-ups (via PM to the host) that can be used in case during that one hour your entry is taken, or in case your entry is vetoed.
  • If you will be unable to listen to the songs during semi-finals week because of a lack of internet facilities you will be provided with a provisional song list with YouTube links and no country information. This will not be split into semi-finals. You will be able to listen to and rank all of the tracks before you leave and send the list to the host in order of favourite to least favourite. The host will then take the top 10 songs from your semi-final and award the appropriate points.
  • If you will not be able to listen to all the songs but will be voting while you are away, you will be given the same access to the provisional list but will be expected to vote for the 10 songs from your semi only and we expect you to listen to any new songs and/or changes that have occurred. If you chose not to participate in this and do not vote then your entry will be subject to a standard deduction.
  • If you will miss the week of the final but will have had a chance to vote in the semi-finals then you will be able to submit a vote to the host that consists of a ranking of all the songs. The 10 or 15 (depending on the points system in use) highest qualifiers will count as your votes. Failure to vote will result in a points penalty and a ban from the next contest.
Please Note
  • If you will miss both the semi-finals and the finals it may be advisable to sit the contest out. We will decide how we can help you participate on a case-by-case basis. Publicising the provisional list will result in harsh penalties also decided on a case-by-case basis.

+Quote Post
Jade
post Mar 4 2018, 02:18 PM
Post #5
I feel so seen in the night
Group: Buzzjack's Sweetheart
Member No.: 12,810

Jury reveal implemented again, interesting ohmy.gif I don't think I can cope with that much tension two months in a row, unless things go as swimmingly as last month kink.gif hyped anyway, really hope I won't underperform too much with 'the nature of dying'!

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
post Mar 4 2018, 02:32 PM
Post #6
Cause if looks could kill, we wouldn’t want to be Dan Humphrey
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

Cool beans

Will the jury PM’s be revealed after results or do they have to do it themselves

+Quote Post
Silas
post Mar 4 2018, 02:41 PM
Post #7
Queen of Soon

Jury nations votes will be revealed in full immediately following the reveal, exactly as it was last month

+Quote Post
Vülker
post Mar 4 2018, 02:46 PM
Post #8
üüü barracüda
Member No.: 10,222
   No Gallery Pics

I love that we're keeping the jury results as last month, it was so tense to see it unfold and I bet it makes it a lot easier for the host so I'm all here for this to become the norm!

+Quote Post
King Rollo
post Mar 4 2018, 02:52 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 23,961
   No Gallery Pics

This will be the second contest in a row my vote will be revealed after everyone knows who the winner is. It was alright changing to that format last month as something different but doing it again makes the non qualifiers irrelevant. sad.gif

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post Mar 4 2018, 03:00 PM
Post #10
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(King Rollo @ Mar 4 2018, 02:52 PM) *
This will be the second contest in a row my vote will be revealed after everyone knows who the winner is. It was alright changing to that format last month as something different but doing it again makes the non qualifiers irrelevant. sad.gif

I have to agree with this actually, it's all alright when I'm on my abnormally long Q streak but when I end up being last in the semis each month there won't really be that much point putting any effort into my vote presentation (which is something I like doing)

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
post Mar 4 2018, 03:03 PM
Post #11
   No Gallery Pics

I’m pretty sure this is just a phase and Silas only wanted to do it because he and the other mods liked the idea. Normality will resume once someone else wins tonight

+Quote Post
✖ leww ✖
post Mar 4 2018, 03:03 PM
Post #12
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
Member No.: 9,403

The reason I did it last month as it was is because the majority of those who dnq'ed did not do a presentation so I thought they may not mind

+Quote Post
✖ leww ✖
post Mar 4 2018, 03:04 PM
Post #13

QUOTE(Cody Rippon @ Mar 4 2018, 03:03 PM) *
I’m pretty sure this is just a phase and Silas only wanted to do it because he and the other mods liked the idea. Normality will resume once someone else wins tonight

Omg ur tone!

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
post Mar 4 2018, 03:05 PM
Post #14
   No Gallery Pics

ain’t it true tho

probably bc the rest of us are too lazy/busy to do more math

+Quote Post
✖ leww ✖
post Mar 4 2018, 03:12 PM
Post #15

I'm gonna take a wild guess that's not a guess and say Phil did it because he wanted to and didn't need to run it by any of us because it's his contest

+Quote Post
Silas
Post #16
Queen of Soon

1 - I don't do Maths, that's what excel is for. (google sheets in this case)

2 - Back-to-back mod hostings are rare and allow us to try changes out without the need to involve normal members who may or may not be hosting for the very first time

3 - In our experience it takes more that one contest to get a decent opinion on a change, hence running it twice

4 - You will get a chance, post < CII > to give your full feedback on this change

+Quote Post
Liаm
Post #17
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

People can host how they want... I personally didn't care when my votes we're revealed in that way when I DNQ'd because it made the reveal more exciting. I wouldn't want to sacrifice that just so I got a few seconds so that x would see if I gave them 7 points.

Also Cody take a f***ing chill pill lmao, there's no need to be so rude to the mods who are there for a reason, they try and come up with different ideas to make things a bit more interesting than just copy pasting someone's votes for a few hours

+Quote Post
Klumzee
post Mar 4 2018, 03:15 PM
Post #18
#TeamAnneMarie
Member No.: 11,421

HYPE.

I'm excited for these jury votes and semi final reveals! I missed out last month but former did look really exciting from the sidelines so I'm all for some format variation! Just hoping the semi reveals don't give away too much too early.

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
post Mar 4 2018, 03:18 PM
Post #19
   No Gallery Pics

Okay I didn’t mean to be rude with the last two posts, didn’t realize this would cause so much chaos, so sorry if I offended anyone

+Quote Post
danG
post Mar 4 2018, 03:20 PM
Post #20
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

I really liked the jury reveal too, adds a bit of flavour and it also gives an extra incentive to try and get your entry into the final. besides if you do a big presentation it'll get noticed anyway when the PMs are revealed afterwards.

+Quote Post

21 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:04 PM