BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
13 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Canada's Drag Race // Season 1, Now with THE WINNER SPOILERS - CAUTION
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
George.keh
post Jul 1 2020, 08:51 PM
Post #21
#VoteGarden.Keh
Group: Members
Member No.: 32,047
   No Gallery Pics

girl where? Omg
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Envoirment
post Jul 2 2020, 06:18 PM
Post #22
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 10,030
   No Gallery Pics

Glad we're getting FPR for the Canadian season!

This post has been edited by Envoirment: Jul 2 2020, 06:19 PM

+Quote Post
George.keh
post Jul 2 2020, 10:51 PM
Post #23
#VoteGarden.Keh
   No Gallery Pics

Honestly just extremely excited for some of the lipsyncs were gonna get! I want Nelly Furtado, Celine, Allie X, Carly Rae Jepsen, Alanis Morissette, Avril Lavigne, Kiesza, Shania Twain!!!

+Quote Post
PaPa Ri
post Jul 2 2020, 11:37 PM
Post #24
JanWasRobbed
Member No.: 8,335

Still can't figure out where to watch this over here, well, for free (other than WOW where I've already used my free trial). If anyone can PM me a link I'd really appreciate it teresa.gif

+Quote Post
George.keh
post Jul 3 2020, 12:12 AM
Post #25
#VoteGarden.Keh
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(#TeamCracker @ Jul 3 2020, 12:37 AM) *
Still can't figure out where to watch this over here, well, for free (other than WOW where I've already used my free trial). If anyone can PM me a link I'd really appreciate it teresa.gif

Where are you from?

+Quote Post
PaPa Ri
post Jul 3 2020, 01:45 AM
Post #26
JanWasRobbed

QUOTE(George.keh @ Jul 3 2020, 03:12 AM) *
Where are you from?

I'm from Greece, I can't access iPlayer if that's why you're asking cry.gif

+Quote Post
George.keh
post Jul 3 2020, 02:06 AM
Post #27
#VoteGarden.Keh
   No Gallery Pics

There was an option on WOWPresents to check where it was being shown in your country! I can’t remember how to access it as I deleted the app but I found it like a week ago!

+Quote Post
George.keh
post Jul 3 2020, 02:06 AM
Post #28
#VoteGarden.Keh
   No Gallery Pics

Also first lipsync is to I Really Like You by Carly Rae Jepsen life made!

+Quote Post
PaPa Ri
post Jul 3 2020, 05:21 AM
Post #29
JanWasRobbed

Nevermind, it's out there now!

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jul 3 2020, 08:51 AM
Post #30
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

Already on iPlayer, about to watch!!

+Quote Post
calxyum
post Jul 3 2020, 11:09 AM
Post #31
my caviar brings all the lords to the court~
Member No.: 20,799

I throughly enjoyed this more than I have anything that AS5 has presented so far. My faves right off the bat would have to be Jimbo, Lemon and Priyanka.

Without spoiling anything I think that judging was very questionable this week. I think the queen who was ‘LOW’ should have been safe, one of the ‘HIGH’ queens should have been ‘LOW’ instead and the other should have won. Also the actual winner was deserving of no more than being safe IMO. I do however agree with the bottom 2 and think that the right girl left.

They both put up a fight in that lipsync though and it was a tough call. The queen who stayed gagged me with her spinning jump into the straddle splits wow. Such a good first episode, can’t wait for the next one! cheer.gif

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jul 3 2020, 11:37 AM
Post #32
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

I'm gonna say dw about spoiling in the thread, executive decision tongue.gif I mean if you hadn't seen the episode you shouldn't come in the thread, I will signpost in the subtitle because I feel like having to tiptoe and not say things stifles discussion which is the last thing I want and tbf if you haven't seen the episode, what would you be in the thread for and what would you have to say? laugh.gif

------------

This was brilliant! It was very campy OTT but really fun, with a varied cast. I feel like it's quite clear cut in terms of who has potential and who will be early outs but I guess we'll see as there are more varied challenges and everyone can show their strengths. The judges are great I think, Brook was better than I expected, Jeffery is a natural and Stacy is fierce!

Thoughts on each queen from the first episode:

Anastasia - can't say i got much of an impression from the first episode, her runway was OK.

BOA - I was on the fence but I'm glad she brought it back on the runway, she was one who really ran with what she was given and showed her personality. I thought she'd be a messy queen who f***s it up but it looks like she can bring it, so with her personality and obvious ability, I think she could be one to watch. I think the high was more that she totally sold what she was presenting, and I bought it.

Ilona - she was lowkey annoying af through the workroom and confessional bits, her runway was very good, simple enough but said so much within what she did, but I want more from her.

Jimbo - LOOOOOOOVE, so kooky and quirky and in her own lane but already we saw a few facets between the entrance look, mini challenge, confessionals and runway, definitely one to watch I feel. I love that she took something cliché in the rainbows and did her own thing with it, like the judges said that's so hard to make fashion and it easily could have been boring or a mess but it was brilliant!

Juice Boxx - I was really excited from her Meet The Queens but she was a bit out of her depth I think sad.gif Perhaps she wasn't ready or perhaps she wasn't quite in the right headspace but that outfit was unforgivable and she seemed quite defeated. I felt awful for her having a panic attack on the runway but if that's how she took the first critiques, I just don't think she was ready for the competition.

Kiara - probably the most forgettable queen of this episode, I can barely remember anything about her lmao

Kyne - I'm kind of shocked she avoided bottom 2?! Her attitude was horrendous, the delusion she must have to come out with that look that looks like an early season of Drag Race's early out lipsync look, you must know disco is a curse on the Drag Race runway? laugh.gif It was just so so basic with nothing about her to it, anyone could have done that, and she was just so unlikeable.

Lemon - torn, I love the Sailor Moon vibes but I think in terms of this challenge it felt like she wanted to do a cute Sailor Moon look and did that whatever box she got and just tacked the rest on without thinking much, and it wasn't quite there and thought about enough. She ATE that lipsync though!

Priyanka - love her personality, she's one of those who just has that warmth when she speaks and you're drawn to her, even if she doesn't win or do that well I feel like she'll be a fan fave All Stars candidate type

Rita Baga - very very polished, a worthy challenge winner as I think she perfectly embodied her drag in that challenge and set the bar! She's going to be one of those quiet but deadly threats that does well in pretty much everything I feel!

Scarlett Bobo - Loved her almost instantly, I love her style and I think she just seems like a character who'll be interesting as things go along, with potential for drama but still likeable enough and I am rooting for her.

Tynomi Banks - Like Rita, clearly very polished and experienced but I don't think she's bringing all that she can yet. I was left with not much impression of her but I do think she's going to increasingly bring it as the weeks go on.

Scarlett, Priyanka and Jimbo were my early faves!

+Quote Post
George.keh
post Jul 3 2020, 01:51 PM
Post #33
#VoteGarden.Keh
   No Gallery Pics

I’d have given Jimbo the win and put Kiara in the top over Boa (?) but other than that can’t really argue with the judging

+Quote Post
Envoirment
post Jul 3 2020, 09:12 PM
Post #34
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 10,030
   No Gallery Pics

Was such an enjoyable first epsiode! I was really surprised that Kiara wasn't in the top though - I thought she would've been top over BOA. Other than that I thought the judging was spot on.

Kyne is such a brat. I hope her being in the bottom knocks her down a peg. Although the preview for next week and what she says to Brook Lynn says otherwise(!!!) laugh.gif

The lip sync was really good. Personally I preferred Juice's lip sync, but can't deny Lemon's amazing splits.

+Quote Post
Calum
post Jul 3 2020, 10:59 PM
Post #35
nabad
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 18,316

That was an amazing first episode - the slight changes were so refreshing compared to current seasons of the US version! I really didn't miss the likes of Ru, Michelle, Ross, etc at all.

I think the only wtf part of the judging this week for me was BOA getting the praise she got - like really?!

Was gutted Lemon ended up in the bottom as she seemed to me like one of the strongest queens, and like she'll have a lot to offer. Hopefully she'll bounce back next week and this was just a one-time wobble.

Favourites are Lemon and Priyanka heart.gif

+Quote Post
HarryBorelli
post Jul 4 2020, 08:46 AM
Post #36
The Lady Said Go Home!
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 20,835

I loved the season first episode, the only part I was confused about is BOA should have been bottom or at least safe? Like wtf is that. And Kiara should have been top.

The lip sync was fire though wub.gif the right bottom 2 imo.

+Quote Post
diva las vegans
post Jul 4 2020, 05:10 PM
Post #37
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 12,837
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(J00psyMethyd @ May 20 2020, 11:23 AM) *
Winner predictions, anyone?

I'm calling Juice Boxx

laugh.gif

+Quote Post
diva las vegans
post Jul 4 2020, 08:31 PM
Post #38
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 12,837
   No Gallery Pics

Wtf was Lemon doing in the bottom over Kyne or Ilona tho?

Immediate faves definitely BOA, Lemon and Scarlett. Really like Priyanka, Rita, Kiara and Jimbo too. Juice was sweet and I would have liked to see Kyne go instead because based on Juice's performance in the lip sync she probably would have slayed Kyne's ass and she's the only one I dislike yet. I like Ilona's personality but I'm not a fan of her aesthetic so far.

Also how tf did Kyne win the mini challenge? She was nowhere near being the best lmao.

I loved the change-up with the guest judges doing Ru's shtick and Elisha is an underrated fave of mine was so nice to see her. Also heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif at CRJ getting a lip sync. Wish she was a judge this season tho.

This post has been edited by diva thin muffin: Jul 4 2020, 08:39 PM

+Quote Post
J00prstar
post Jul 5 2020, 03:02 AM
Post #39
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

Oops @ my initial winner prediction.

I think JB took that lipsync tho. No, she didn't have the fancy moves and tricks,but she lived the spirit of the song more than Lemon did imo. Lemon...I was perched for her lipsync after her boast about her dance credentials but girl that really wasn't it!

After episode 1 Bobo, Jimbo, Ilona and Tynomi are faves. I think one of the veteran queens is the most likely winner.

+Quote Post
p a v
post Jul 5 2020, 10:49 AM
Post #40
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
Member No.: 4,397

Jimbo <3

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:42 PM