BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Calum's Top 50 Queens
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
J00prstar
post 17th August 2020, 02:52 AM
Post #41
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

Just watched S10 for the first time & was surprised how quiet Blair was compared to how AS5 suggested she was! background a lot of the time when I expected more of a complainer!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Calum
post 17th August 2020, 04:28 PM
Post #42
Group icon
nabad
Pronouns: he/him
User: 18,316

Jan

Appeared in: Season 12

"I'm shocked. I'm confused."

Just missing out on a spot in the top 30 is Jan, one of our most recent queens that appeared in season 12. Jan was by far my favourite in season 12 up until the point Jaida Essence Hall started to flourish (and admittedly when Jan was eliminated). Jan was cruelly eliminated earlier than she should have been, finishing 8th. She has such a bubbly personality and always comes across happy, energetic and positive. Despite underperforming in a couple of challenges, her determination to do well cannot be denied. I've also just learned that she is in the same drag family as Canada's Drag Race contestant Lemon - so herein lies the reason I stan both as much as I do. Outside of Drag Race, Jan has her own series called Jan's Jukebox where she performs covers, and it's great to see her building her own legacy. Here's hoping for an All Stars return down the line.

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 17th August 2020, 07:42 PM
Post #43
Group icon

Jan still my favourite queen from S12, cruelly underrated!

+Quote this post
Calum
post 17th August 2020, 08:58 PM
Post #44
Group icon
nabad

QUOTE(J00psyMethyd @ Aug 17 2020, 08:42 PM) *
Jan still my favourite queen from S12, cruelly underrated!

If she'd lasted longer I think she'd definitely be my favourite, but there are a couple of others (no spoilers) that have pipped her. No doubt if/when she appears on All Stars she'd be my highest rated though wub.gif

+Quote this post
Addy!
post 18th August 2020, 04:25 PM
Post #45
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666

A'Keria and Jan

I just don't get the Jan hype oops...she's just an average drag queen and if she's back for All Stars I don't see her advancing farther than what she managed in her season!!!

Also the same applies to A'Keria Davenport even though A'Keria doesn't have the level of Jan hype!!!

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 18th August 2020, 04:53 PM
Post #46
Group icon

Her runways were so good tho Addy ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Addy!
post 18th August 2020, 05:22 PM
Post #47
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(J00psyMethyd @ Aug 18 2020, 05:53 PM) *
Her runways were so good tho Addy ohmy.gif

I don't want to sound rude but I really don't remember her runway looks (but that's not only with Jan's case, in general the most memorable looks in my head are the ones from high fashion queens like Violet Chachki, Pearl, Aquaria, Sasha Velour, Raja etc. etc.).

And as I've said I don't dislike her or anything, it's just that I am not on a her hype bandwagon like majority on social media.

+Quote this post
Envoirment
post 18th August 2020, 07:31 PM
Post #48
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,030

I'm not a huge fan of Jan either, but she is very talented. She also gave one of the best moments on the season with her face crack after not winning the Madonna Rusical challenge. laugh.gif

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post 18th August 2020, 07:36 PM
Post #49
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403

Some great choice queens in here Calum!! Happy to see A'Keria get some recognition (Addy! BYE) and the likes of Mariah too wub.gif Don't quite love Detox as much as everyone else so I feel like that placing is about right!

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 18th August 2020, 08:17 PM
Post #50
Group icon

QUOTE(Addy!(By Demand) @ Aug 18 2020, 06:22 PM) *
I don't want to sound rude but I really don't remember her runway looks (but that's not only with Jan's case, in general the most memorable looks in my head are the ones from high fashion queens like Violet Chachki, Pearl, Aquaria, Sasha Velour, Raja etc. etc.).

And as I've said I don't dislike her or anything, it's just that I am not on a her hype bandwagon like majority on social media.

Well no shade different opinions wink.gif

Not a fashion queen but creative imo - more of a Trinity mold

+Quote this post
p a v
post 19th August 2020, 10:44 AM
Post #51
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

Pearl a high fashion queen? Whuuu

+Quote this post
George.keh
post 19th August 2020, 10:57 AM
Post #52
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh
User: 32,047

QUOTE(n @ Aug 19 2020, 11:44 AM) *

I’d consider a high fashion queen? Her looks on Instagram recently too are always fab but on the show she deffo turned some gorgeous fashion looks!

+Quote this post
Addy!
post 19th August 2020, 03:45 PM
Post #53
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(n @ Aug 19 2020, 11:44 AM) *

How would you categorize her drag aesthetics?

I personally think her strongest asset is fashion.

+Quote this post
Calum
post 21st August 2020, 06:53 PM
Post #54
Group icon
nabad

Yvie Oddly

Appeared in: Season 11

"I'm just here to shock and suck cock."

Enter the top 30 and next up is season 11 winner Yvie Oddly. At the beginning of season 11, Yvie didn't really stand out too much to me, but as the episodes went by I started to sit up and think 'okay this is a potential winner here', and then with each twist and turn, she ended up snatching the crown. Obviously one of the biggest highlights of Yvie's time on Drag Race was her lip-sync against Brooke Lynn Hytes to Demi Lovato's Sorry Not Sorry. Both queens truly brought their all to that, and it remains one of the best lip syncs Drag Race has seen. Yvie's such a warm personality outside of drag too, and she takes all of the obstacles life has thrown at her and puts them into her art and creates something special. It was great to see her back as a lip sync assassin in All Stars 5 too - there really wasn't any competition as soon as she started doing her thing.

+Quote this post
Calum
post 22nd August 2020, 12:44 PM
Post #55
Group icon
nabad

Crystal Methyd

Appeared in: Season 12

"I don't know who that is..."

It took a couple of weeks for me to fully get behind Crystal Methyd on season 12, but after a few weeks of zany, absolutely crazy drag inventions, she won me over and by the end of the season I was willing her on to win (despite how much I also loved Jaida Essence Hall who was my first choice for the crown). Basically anybody but Gigi could have won the season and I'd have been pleased. Crystal's drag was so out of the box and inventive that it sometimes went under-appreciated by the judges, but eventually she managed to win them over too and walked the runway in some of the most amazing things we've seen in Drag Race herstory. Crystal always came across as such a sweet presence in the work room too, and the constant comparisons to El DeBarge made for entertaining viewing too, particularly since she had no idea who everybody was referring to. Future All Stars appearance, please and thank you.

+Quote this post
Calum
post 22nd August 2020, 06:00 PM
Post #56
Group icon
nabad

Divina De Campo

Appeared in: Season 1 (UK)

"Bullshit Vivienne! Bull. Shit."

Our final stop with the queens from Drag Race UK, and coming out on top is Divina De Campo, runner-up to The Vivienne in the spin-off's first series. Divina was a slow burner with me - at the very beginning of the season she seemed annoying, loud and a queen that I was probably never going to like in the same way everybody else did. Over the episodes though, she really worked her way up and became a force to be reckoned with. Come the end of the season where she's up against two very unlikeable personalities like The Vivienne and Baga Chipz, she just *had* to win. The disappointment when she didn't take the crown was real. Despite that, it hasn't stopped Divina continuing to be a truly great queen outside of the show too. Divina's somebody I could see being a real ray of sunshine on an international All Stars version of Drag Race - make it happen Ru!

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post 22nd August 2020, 09:58 PM
Post #57
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403

CRYSTAL <3 <3 <3 like the other two as well!

crystal's polynesian princess-esque look she did on the runway is one of my favourites ever (along with the obvious ones like the makeover), michelle had it right (for once) when she said she looked goooorgeous!

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 23rd August 2020, 12:59 AM
Post #58
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835

Crystal <3

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 23rd August 2020, 02:14 PM
Post #59
Group icon

Ngl I am kinda annoyed how WOW have embraced Viv & Baga & left Divina out in the cold when she was our fan fave

+Quote this post
Calum
post 23rd August 2020, 04:37 PM
Post #60
Group icon
nabad

Latrice Royale

Appeared in: Season 4, All Stars 1, All Stars 4

"The SHADE of it all!"

She's large and in charge, up next it's Latrice Royale. Latrice first appeared in season 4, and quickly became a fan favourite for her comedic one-liners and put-downs. She excelled in comedy challenges, although I often found that her runway looks, while very sophisticated, were pretty basic compared to what the other queens had to offer. Latrice then returned for the first season of All Stars, being paired with season 3 queen Manila Luzon in what would become one of the most controversial/less-said-the-better seasons of the franchise. Latrice managed to send Tammie Brown home in the second episode, however Manila ended up sending them both packing in the third episode, losing a lip-sync against Jujubee. Then, Latrice AND Manila both came back for blood in All Stars 4, but she didn't exactly fare much better; being eliminated by Monique Heart in episode 4, returning and then finishing fourth. I do think the Latrice train has dried up a lot, and she lost a lot of the magic she had about her in season 4 with each repeated appearance, but she's still entertaining.

+Quote this post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 09:22 AM