BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> George’s Top 30 Drag Race Lipsyncs (OF ALL TIME!!!)
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
George.keh
post Aug 16 2020, 07:06 PM
Post #1
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh
User: 32,047
I’d like to consider myself an expert in lipsyncs due to how epic my bedroom lipsyncs have been over the years so thought it was about time I ranked my top 30 lipsyncs of all time- taken from the US series and what we’ve seen of Canada’s Drag Race- unfortunately no Thailand or U.K. lipsyncs entered (are we surprised about U.K. though :/)

Also I still hardly know how to use this website so don’t expect pictures of GIFs as I haven’t the FOGGIEST how to include them!!!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post Aug 16 2020, 07:47 PM
Post #2
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895
If you want to put in a gif you copy the link (right click + copy image location) and then paste the link in between two {img}{/img} setup.

Except change the { and } to [ and ]

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post Aug 16 2020, 08:42 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471
Charlies Hides coming for that number one spot

+Quote this post
George.keh
post Aug 16 2020, 09:08 PM
Post #4
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh
let’s begin!!! also thank you for the GIF advice I shall add them in when I’m on my laptop smile.gif))

30. ANACONDA (BenDeLaCreme vs Aja)

Opening up my top 30 of all time drag race lipsyncs is my only entry from All Stars 3 and the first of that series too against 2 of my all time favourites (I’d probably rank Aja as in my top 5 all time actually). As soon as the song started I was convinced Aja had this one in the bag as Nicki doesn’t seem too much like DeLa’s ideal song but she ended up properly slaying the hell out of this song taking a more comedic route compared to Aja’s super sexy and classic lipsync style. This honestly could have been a double win just for how completely different they took it but how brilliantly both performances were executed. DeLa’s win is however undeniable I was in stitches at it. Compared to how disappointed I was in DeLa’s season 6 lipsyncs she stepped it UP! Aja however might possibly have another entry still to come wink.gif

+Quote this post
Envoirment
post Aug 16 2020, 11:17 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,030
Loved the Anaconda lip sync! Ben killed it. Aja did pretty good too. I think what does it for me is Michelle's hysterical laughing at Ben as well. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Envoirment: Aug 16 2020, 11:17 PM

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post Aug 17 2020, 04:56 AM
Post #6
Group icon
DeLa didn't come to play! One of two highlights of AS3 (maybe 3 if we throw in Aja)

+Quote this post
George.keh
post Aug 17 2020, 07:29 AM
Post #7
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh
29. VOGUE (Milan vs Kenya Michaels)

This is one of the lipsyncs most forgotten by the fans- 2 fantastic performances but it’s Milan that really steals the show on this one with her voguing and her impressive tricks like her handstand and splits. She also embodies the song and what Vogue is perfectly and rightfully managed to stay in the competition (even if it was just for one more week :/) The look however- is not it, I see what she was trying to do with the blurring of the lines between masculine and feminine drag but the suit is loose, plain. boring and could have been elevated so much more but fortunately we’re talking about the lipsyncs here. Kenya as a lipsyncer isn’t the most iconic to be honest getting absolutely THRASED by Latrice later on the series after being brought back (why?)

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post Aug 17 2020, 02:05 PM
Post #8
Group icon
You're so right...Kenya Michaels stands out like a sore thumb in that season as an aspect that just hasn't aged well at all, like a hangover from S1-3 Drag Race.

+Quote this post
Addy!
post Aug 17 2020, 02:09 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666
I am going to have so much fun reading this cheer.gif

@george.keh do you know how to post YouTube link?

It would be helpful watching them for some of us who forgot/remember some of these performances.

Thanks.

And now with Anaconda wub.gif

I know Ben sold it with her comedy but I though Aja was so on point and she looked fierce!!!

+Quote this post
George.keh
post Aug 17 2020, 04:14 PM
Post #10
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh
QUOTE(Addy!(By Demand) @ Aug 17 2020, 03:09 PM) *
I am going to have so much fun reading this cheer.gif

@george.keh do you know how to post YouTube link?

It would be helpful watching them for some of us who forgot/remember some of these performances.

Thanks.

And now with Anaconda wub.gif

I know Ben sold it with her comedy but I though Aja was so on point and she looked fierce!!!

Yeah I know how to post YouTube links unfortunately all videos of Vogue and Anaconda lipsyncs have been taken down sad.gif

+Quote this post
George.keh
post Aug 17 2020, 08:38 PM
Post #11
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh
28. GROOVE IS IN THE HEART (Asia O’ Hara vs The Vixen)

In 28th is the absolute joy that is Asia O Hara (also one of my all time faves and 100% my favourite on Season 10) in her triumphant lipsync against another absolute legend: The Vixen. Asia’s outfit in particular suits this song and it’s quirks SO WELL and her energy and comedy as well as on point lipsync cement this as one of my all time faves. This song is such a fun number and I was so pleased to see it as a lipsync! More like this from Asia please. The Vixen undoubtedly turned it out too but it wasn’t meant to be after her 3rd time in the bottom unfortunately and I can’t see her back any time soon, or ever sad.gif

+Quote this post
George.keh
post Aug 21 2020, 10:00 PM
Post #12
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh
27. GIRLFRIEND (Ilona Verley vs Tynomi Banks)

Next up we have a pretty recent one from Canada’s Drag Race from the capable hands of miss Ilona Verley and Tynomi Banks. I nearly screamed finding out this was the lipsync song what a FAB choice. Ilona really really embodied the kinda teeny, angsty, bratty vibe of the song perfectly and Tynomi pulled out some killer moves particularly in the middle 8 with the voguing. I know Ilona hasn’t received the most love this series but I’ve honestly become a huge fan of her- her personality reminds me of the Farrah Moan’s, Ariel Versace’s etc who I always end up kinda routing for in their obnoxious loud personalities.

+Quote this post
George.keh
post Aug 21 2020, 10:15 PM
Post #13
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh
26. IF I WERE YOUR WOMAN (Alaska vs Detox vs Katya)

Sorry but Detox won this 100%. Final lipsyncs do mean very little to be honest but the sheer emotion Detox pours into this performance was something I’d never seen before and is such an incredible underrated performance from the show despite all the love this season gets. The lipsync song choices on All Stars 2 we’re truly fantastic and so varied- from Joan Jett to Taylor Swift and Gladys Knight! Alaska and Detox look absolutely stunning in their gowns as they lipsync- I cant say i’m the biggest fan of Katya’s dress but she was beat and did serve a pretty good performance!

+Quote this post
George.keh
post Aug 30 2020, 11:55 PM
Post #14
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh
25. THE BITCH IS BACK (Monique Heart vs Manila Luzon)

I could watch Monique do just about anything but up until this point she’d not had the best luck in her lipsyncs- having hair malfunctions both times eek. So as soon as a Tina Turner song begins (the QUEEN of hair flipping) it seemed like Monique’s luck had got even worse but BOY did she TURN THIS OUT!!! The wig stayed on for a start which was probably the most impressive feat, the thigh slapping dance moves she does are killer and she works every inch of the stage. Manila does her best with a classic Manila performance which definitely isn’t bad at all but has nothing on Monique’s embodiment of the Tina, the Elton and most importantly the BITCH.

+Quote this post
George.keh
post Aug 31 2020, 01:01 PM
Post #15
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh
24. NO MORE DRAMA (Vanessa Vanjie Mateo vs Shuga Cain)

Probably helps that this is my favourite song of all time but this is such an underrated performance and a classic example of a fantastic lipsync without the kicks and splits but with emotion and character that fit the song perfectly. I can’t say a single comment about Shuga really because my eyes are transfixed on Vanjie the entire time as she gradually becomes more psychotic and pleading for the end of the drama- it’s truly captivating. The highlight of course comes when her caftan begins falling down and she whips her hair- the song kind of reflects Vanjie’s struggles in the competition and marked the beginning of a short redemption as she slayed the makeover the week after. An underrated gem!

+Quote this post
George.keh
post Sep 8 2020, 07:50 PM
Post #16
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh
23. Whatta Man (Trinity K Bonet vs Milk)

FINALLY ONE WITH A YOUTUBE LINK!!! We now see our first appearance from imo the 2nd greatest lipsyncer ever seen on the show- Miss Trinity K Bonet herself with her absolute slayage of Salt N Pepa and En Vogue’s Whatta Man. Trinity embodies everything about this song with her gorgeous long wig and her hippy inspired outfit that flows with the R&B bounce of the song. The leg opening, the on point lip-sync and her sensual moves compared to Milk’s more “out of the carton” (not getting the energy of the song) moves are all absolutely breathtaking and you simply can’t take your eyes off of her. Hopefully we might finally see her back on All Stars 6 for more absolute killer lip syncs like this one!

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post Sep 8 2020, 09:31 PM
Post #17
Group icon
Milk wasn't actually as bad in that as I remembered! Great throwback biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
George.keh
post Oct 28 2020, 11:35 PM
Post #18
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh
sorry it’s been so long since I continued this I’ve been moving to uni and had tons of work to do but onwards we go-

22. Dancing On My Own (Jujubee vs Raven)

The most emotional lipsync of all time comes next (although Yara vs Alexis is probably close) in best friends turned team Rujubee and their performance of Dancing On My Own. This is one where not much movement happens as the emotion is portrayed solely through both queens faces and body language and is one I’ve always gone back to as the only standout movement in a DIRE season

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:16 AM