BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Drag Race Holland, FINALE SPOILERS
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
J00prstar
post 8th September 2020, 11:00 AM
Post #1
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

Premieres September 18

Get your winner predictions in and don't predict the last placer like I did for DRC
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 8th September 2020, 11:20 AM
Post #2
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835

Rooting for Chelsea Boy, Roem and Madame Madness

I dont think Ill be watching live (mainly as i need subtitles I presume and omly uk provider would be WOW presents+) but ill watch fashion photo revieiw live to see the looks

Best promo looks overall?? I do think.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 16th September 2020, 12:51 AM
Post #3
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

The winner's prize is a gown, come thru budget xx

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 16th September 2020, 01:46 AM
Post #4
Group icon

Still better than a badge and a youtube show you could make yourself!

+Quote this post
p a v
post 16th September 2020, 10:02 AM
Post #5
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

Nowadays the grand prize budget seriously doesn't mean shit anymore. They could make it 10k in the US and still thousands of people would apply because exposure will make a much bigger difference in the long run.

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post 16th September 2020, 10:28 AM
Post #6
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403

You win a year's supply of Greggs Steak Bakes and a £250 shopping spree at Dorothy Perkins

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 16th September 2020, 12:59 PM
Post #7
Group icon

Longer trailer: (spoils some entrance looks)

Roem and Madame Madness standing out to me so far. Gooped that Roem is only 21! She's well known (ish) in DragRace fandom for a parody series of Drag Race videos similar to the Nekci Menij series if anyone remembers that.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 18th September 2020, 04:14 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

I quite liked this opening episode, it feels very "baby steps" but it definitely carved out its own identity well, there's a lot of heart and potential there. I'm not comparing it to anything else, it feels like an early season for sure and has a long way to go, but with the small budget it probably has, it's doing pretty well and I'm interested to see how the series goes!

I don't think any of the looks on the runway were like WOW WINNER, probably about the right ones were singled out as top 3 though, although I'd easily have had Madame Madness over Sederginne and I think ChelseaBoy should have won. I did love that so many of them chose differing interpretations of a queen instead of going for just royalty. The lipsync was ok, nothing amazing but Roem definitely was out of her depth and the right person to go. Reminds me a bit of Soju in that she was known through Youtube a bit but as a queen on this platform, she just wasn't there on that same level. There's a couple of others who seem a bit basic so far but the cast is pretty solid.

This is a good looking cast btw, Madame Madness out of drag is STUNNING wub.gif She's my fave thus far for her style too, I'm so intrigued to see what else she will bring to the table.

QUOTE(Miss J00ps @ Sep 16 2020, 01:59 PM) *
Roem and Madame Madness standing out to me so far. Gooped that Roem is only 21! She's well known (ish) in DragRace fandom for a parody series of Drag Race videos similar to the Nekci Menij series if anyone remembers that.

Omg that's why I was randomly subbed to her on Youtube! She changed the channel for Dark Res to her own channel, I saw her come up in my subscription box after the cast reveal and was like I swear I never knew this person laugh.gif

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 19th September 2020, 02:48 PM
Post #9
Group icon

Wellllllll

She did it again girls

QUOTE(Miss J00ps @ Sep 16 2020, 01:59 PM) *
Roem and Madame Madness standing out to me so far.

Clearly me liking a queen is the kiss of death on them :') Having said that I was disappointed with Roem's runway compared to what her promo gave us. Suspected she might have been limited by budget. Janey Jacke was the clear winner this week I thought and Sederginne is poised to be Miss fan favourite like Jimbo! Envy Peru and Miss Abby OMG were my other faves this episode. I thought Megan performed the worst but saved herself with that lipsync!

Note to anyone signing up to WowPresentsPlus to watch this, if you use the code ALASKA when you sign up, it's 10% off every month, so would only come to about £7 or thereabouts to watch the whole season rather than £8-9.

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post 19th September 2020, 03:03 PM
Post #10
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403

I actually really thought unlike Canada's Drag Race that Fred absolutely sold the SHIZZ out of the hosting job. He is obviously very comfortable doing what he's doing! The judge banter etc. is a little iffy but I assume maybe the humour is lost in translation for me, still not bad tho!

I do feel that it's quite obvious that this show is starting off rough and is having to build up but it seems to have a little bit of an identity compared and isn't trying too much to be the US version with its dialogue and references (although copying a mini challenge from Episode 1 of US DR was a bit oop!). I do like the queens as well, a definite mix and lots of different things to behold so it might be worth sticking with for now.

I cannot believe Sederginne is younger than me tho... geeeeez.

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 19th September 2020, 03:10 PM
Post #11
Group icon

Sederginne for sure has a stage age like I suspect Jimbo did & some of the other queens on USDR! There's no way she's in her 20s looking like Santa Claus

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 19th September 2020, 05:41 PM
Post #12
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

26 years doing Drag perhaps but not 26 years old 💀

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 25th September 2020, 05:00 PM
Post #13
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

That was... odd, the challenge reminded me of Totally Leotarded from S3 which was fine, but it is feeling really odd for Drag Race. I've been trying to just enjoy this as a standalone but I can't help btut think when it came to the judging it was like they might as well not have done the challenge? They barely mentioned it, apart from in passing briefly, and they even said Megan was funny in the challenge then put her in the bottom 3 anyway?! To not even mention the runway in the vast majority of critiques was just odd. This is kind of reminding me of Drag Race Thailand in that the runway matters more, or is emphasised, I feel like Dutch drag is maybe more looks focused like Thai drag, there is a lot more sense of style and concept and unique looks than we'd get from a typical American bunch even if they're not always as polished. But I feel like if that was the case, they should focus more on look based challenges like DRT did. They did have an acting challenge, Snatch Game, musical and a RuMix esque challenge (not to a Ru song, but they had to do rap verses), but the early stages were photoshoots, design challenges and stuff like that (until a horror movie acting challenge week 5). And then they had a runway winner as well as a maxi challenge winner, to still emphasise the runway whilst not ignoring the challenges when they were something entertainment or performance based. Obviously they can't just have photoshoots and design challenges all season, but this week felt like two mini challenges and a runway, if they aren't going to judge the challenge they may as well just make whatever runway theme they put that week into a main challenge.

Some of the runways tho!! *.* Envy shocked me, I thought she was just going to be one of those pretty queens who doesn't do much else, but Sederginne!! *.* I was SHOOK

Also them playing the piano "inspirational" sounding version of If I Dream by Ru that they sometimes play when someone is crowned at a finale whilst they had the argument over Abby's outfit was SENDING me rotf.gif

+Quote this post
PaPa Ri
post 25th September 2020, 06:13 PM
Post #14
Group icon
JanWasRobbed
User: 8,335

We literally watched the filming of a challenge, but not the final product. I mean, the rest of the judges probably only saw the runway? So weird!

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 25th September 2020, 06:30 PM
Post #15
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835

Chelsea Boy, Serdeginne and Envy Peru's runways were AMAZING.

I love how Janey had the nerve to critic's abby's makeup when she didnt even put makeup on her neck to do a alien look lmao

+Quote this post
p a v
post 25th September 2020, 09:34 PM
Post #16
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

Anyone else thought that Patty should've stayed? Weird decision :|

Nikkie being a judge though. I'm obsessed with her. Also she and Envy collabbed in one of her videos so it was weird to see them in the same room with this new dynamic. No wonder she won xox But she was incredible this week. Surely she's the biggest contender at this point. I know she's huge in Holland.

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 26th September 2020, 12:18 AM
Post #17
Group icon

The DRAMA mama of this episode was life-giving laugh.gif

Patty and MM were much of a muchness but Patty faded more in the background in the challenge. As for Abby, I really didn't think she was as bad as made out! Janey was a stone cold bitch this episode but looked amazing. I wasn't actually wowed by Envy's runway but her challenge performance was a 10 for sure biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 2nd October 2020, 02:04 PM
Post #18
Group icon

Another great episode!

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 2nd October 2020, 03:56 PM
Post #19
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Much better this week! Actually felt like the challenge mattered, and the right winner. I was really impressed by Ma'Ma as up until now, I thought she'd be mostly a looks queen, I really didn't clock her as being such a natural funny actress! Her runway was an absolute SERVE too. Her and Sederginne really stole the show, Chelsea's runway was amazing too though and she did very well in the acting. Sederginne is coming to do a Thorgy though isn't she? sad.gif Yet again she falls short, however I do think it had to Ma'Ma this time round.

I don't like the pile-on of Madame Madness, Megan's outfit was easily worse - that was just hideous! I actually think Janey's was really ugly too, love the concept but it was messily executed. I don't understand what Madame Madness has done that's so bad/lazy compared to others? I may be biased as I'm highkey in love with him out of drag ughhh wub.gif

The lipsync still wasn't out of this world but it was pretty good, I actually thought Megan was better but Abby fought for it more and I think of the two, Abby has more to give and more room to grow. Megan saying she's "too much" when she's given like 0 personality three weeks in a row now... rotf.gif

Next week is a Rusical so it will be interesting to see who can really perform!

+Quote this post
Addy!
post 5th October 2020, 02:51 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666

that lipsync song is a first time I've discovered something new out of Drag Race.

Anita Meyer - Why Tell Me Why wub.gif

+Quote this post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 06:08 PM