BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
15 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The Saturdays - Youtube Views/ Trend
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
vivek
post Feb 27 2014, 09:21 AM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 15,871
Youtube have updated a further 34% drop in views yesterday to a new low of 60,000.

A bigger drop to 40,000 is my estimate today :S
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
post Feb 27 2014, 09:29 AM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
The TV video airplay might bump it up a bit today?

+Quote this post
vivek
post Feb 27 2014, 09:31 AM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Hopefully but it seems to be doing better over the weekends anyways

+Quote this post
JSG
post Feb 27 2014, 09:51 AM
Post #24
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 18,473
We knew it was gonna drop pretty fast tbf. It happens with everyone apart from the biggest artists and even then it happens to them sometimes. They really should have had this as the single after WAU. I wonder if Jane had still
been in charge what they would have done? They fired her after one mistake yet she was the one that got them off to their amazing start and she probably would have learned from wordshaker anyway.

This post has been edited by JSG: Feb 27 2014, 10:10 AM

+Quote this post
vivek
post Feb 27 2014, 09:55 AM
Post #25
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Can't remember their new manager's name but he seemed like a real pushover in Chasing The Saturdays and very unorganised. Their meeting about taking over the US was like 'Girls, you're going to America and doing some promo'.

The sats really need to stable like WBU. Pixie Lott's singles are always continuosly at around 20-50,000 views daily after many weeks since their premiere which results in her getting to 10 million in the end.Hopefully airplay will fully kick in

This post has been edited by vivek: Feb 27 2014, 09:57 AM

+Quote this post
post Feb 27 2014, 10:28 AM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
Well, We're looking at a most likely playlist date of the 12 of March. Unless they do it a week earlier than usual and do it next week on the 5th. Hopefully it won't be a week late like Disco Love (or not get playlisted at all).

+Quote this post
shadow2009
post Feb 27 2014, 11:32 AM
Post #27
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,059
QUOTE(vivek @ Feb 27 2014, 09:55 AM) *
Can't remember their new manager's name but he seemed like a real pushover in Chasing The Saturdays and very unorganised. Their meeting about taking over the US was like 'Girls, you're going to America and doing some promo'.

Peter Lorraine.

Yeah, he seems like a push over. He seems more like a friend of the girls than their boss.

+Quote this post
vivek
post Feb 27 2014, 12:31 PM
Post #28
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
QUOTE(shadow2009 @ Feb 27 2014, 11:32 AM) *
Peter Lorraine.

Yeah, he seems like a push over. He seems more like a friend of the girls than their boss.

They really need to fire him. Beyonce said her manager (her father) was cruel and brutal in terms of strictness, even when she was ill, she had to still promote her singles. When Rochelle or Vanessa get a cough, they're deemed to ill to go to a concert

+Quote this post
SGrey
post Feb 27 2014, 02:49 PM
Post #29
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,182
QUOTE(shadow2009 @ Feb 27 2014, 11:32 AM) *
Peter Lorraine.

Am I the only one who thinks he is kinda cute? wub.gif Who was the manager before anyway, Jayne or something?

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Feb 27 2014, 03:14 PM
Post #30
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217
Jayne Collins! She went on to manage The Wanted, but they eventually parted company with her as well.

+Quote this post
JSG
post Feb 27 2014, 03:15 PM
Post #31
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
He Is not cute sick2.gif They need me as their manager biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
vivek
post Feb 27 2014, 03:15 PM
Post #32
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Look where they are now. As soon as an act wants more freedom, they end up going downhill (the stricter ones turn out to be the better managers)

+Quote this post
JSG
post Feb 27 2014, 03:18 PM
Post #33
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Yeah but really, the saturdays are spoiled I think. If they don't get what they want they fire the manager and one day if they do fire peter no one else's gonna pick them up unless they see potential. There is potential there, I mean look at WAU. If anyone else can capitalise on what they did with wau then they should be the manager.

+Quote this post
JSG
post Feb 27 2014, 03:21 PM
Post #34
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
It's doing 1k an hour at the minute. As soon as rotation picks up on TV and radio the views should reincrease faster biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
vivek
post Feb 27 2014, 03:22 PM
Post #35
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
hundreds of people would kill to be their manager but will they be good/ experienced enough? that's another question

+Quote this post
Hurricane
post Feb 27 2014, 03:56 PM
Post #36
Group icon
get me started, hot like fire
User: 17,262
Wow, I can't believe you guys want the girls to ditch the only person keeping their record deal intact... wacko.gif

Their album sales are atrocious, desastrous, AW-FUL. The label would probably make huge losses on that side (and drop them) if it weren't for the Fascination Management and the special deal they got. From what we know, the label has a 50% stake in the girls' management which makes money out of all these endorsement and deals Peter find for the girls. Basically, you're only getting a new single because Peter send Una to Splash, Rochelle to This Morning and Mollie to Maybelline and he's the one booking festivals and gigs (huge income from that, by the way).

The bigger the 'The Saturdays' brand becomes, the better it is for the girls and their record deal. The fault isn't all on their management, the label also chooses/agrees on what song should they release and when. Plus, it's Peter that gets them all these deals, endorsements and appearances...and at that, I would say he's making a good job, especially recently (but then he must be because he knows he's gotta repay the label and fund the next project somehow).

It's also the label that pays for big TV slots, so don't put the blame for lack of 'amazing promo' on their management, although sometimes it's true the promo hasn't always been good and could have been better just with a few extra cheap slots (Gentleman).

The only thing we can really reproach to Peter/their management is that he doesn't push them to perform better. The girls have become a bit lazy in the way they do things and it probably doesn't help that Peter doesn't (or doesn't seem to) tell them off. He should be the one to push the girls to shine. Tell them how they should do things.

(Oh, and it's not just that. Fascination Management also gets the girls free/cheaper tracks from The Alias in exchange for some management for The Alias. So thanks Peter for tracks like 'Move On U'. )

+Quote this post
vivek
post Feb 27 2014, 04:04 PM
Post #37
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
QUOTE(Hurricane @ Feb 27 2014, 03:56 PM) *
Wow, I can't believe you guys want the girls to ditch the only person keeping their record deal intact... wacko.gif

Their album sales are atrocious, desastrous, AW-FUL. The label would probably make huge losses on that side (and drop them) if it weren't for the Fascination Management and the special deal they got. From what we know, the label has a 50% stake in the girls' management which makes money out of all these endorsement and deals Peter find for the girls. Basically, you're only getting a new single because Peter send Una to Splash, Rochelle to This Morning and Mollie to Maybelline and he's the one booking festivals and gigs (huge income from that, by the way).

The bigger the 'The Saturdays' brand becomes, the better it is for the girls and their record deal. The fault isn't all on their management, the label also chooses/agrees on what song should they release and when. Plus, it's Peter that gets them all these deals, endorsements and appearances...and at that, I would say he's making a good job, especially recently (but then he must be because he knows he's gotta repay the label and fund the next project somehow).

It's also the label that pays for big TV slots, so don't put the blame for lack of 'amazing promo' on their management, although sometimes it's true the promo hasn't always been good and could have been better just with a few extra cheap slots (Gentleman).

The only thing we can really reproach to Peter/their management is that he doesn't push them to perform better. The girls have become a bit lazy in the way they do things and it probably doesn't help that Peter doesn't (or doesn't seem to) tell them off. He should be the one to push the girls to shine. Tell them how they should do things.

(Oh, and it's not just that. Fascination Management also gets the girls free/cheaper tracks from The Alias in exchange for some management for The Alias. So thanks Peter for tracks like 'Move On U'. )

It's not about wishing to get rid of him, its about thinking that the girls may have made a mistake by getting rid of their manager after one mistake (old manager). And they wouldn't be as needy for endorsements if they hadn't had a bad promotion scheme for their albums/singles.

This post has been edited by vivek: Feb 27 2014, 04:06 PM

+Quote this post
JSG
post Feb 27 2014, 04:08 PM
Post #38
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Hurricane your saying that peter has done a great job this era, but I think 30 days was a mistake and Gentleman more than likely nearly led to another 'WS' era tbh. Not to mention the mess that was the last era.

This post has been edited by JSG: Feb 27 2014, 04:12 PM

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Feb 27 2014, 04:14 PM
Post #39
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217
I assume there was probably more to The Saturdays & Jayne parting ways than how 'Wordshaker' performed (I mean, surely that's more of a label thing?)... who knows what that was all about tbh.

I think in the main they're very lucky to have Peter/Fascination. He does seem very passionate about them! I think he's passionate about girl groups in general tbh. He was the (genius) who came up with the Spice Girls' nicknames, and he was also on the team that oversaw Girls Aloud (I'm not sure what his role was exactly, but he worked in Polydor).

+Quote this post
JSG
post Feb 27 2014, 04:15 PM
Post #40
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
If he could give the spice girls personality like that why can't he do it for the saturdays?

+Quote this post

15 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 04:02 AM