BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Euro 2016 draw
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Rooney
post 12th December 2015, 06:24 PM
Post #1
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

GROUP A
France
Switzerland
Romania
Albania

GROUP B
England
Russia
Slovakia
Wales

GROUP C
Germany
Poland
Ukraine
Northern Ireland

GROUP D
Spain
Croatia
Czech Republic
Turkey

GROUP E
Belgium
Italy
Sweden
Republic of Ireland

GROUP F
Portugal
Austria
Hungary
Iceland
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
bigwiglaf
post 12th December 2015, 07:28 PM
Post #2
Group icon
pop goes the world...
User: 1,426

Would be nice to see Ireland and Wales progress....

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 12th December 2015, 07:43 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

It's a good job 3 teams will be progressing from most of the groups because England would be screwed otherwise! Definitely gonna lose to Wales & Russia I reckon...

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 12th December 2015, 07:59 PM
Post #4
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

QUOTE(Doboggan @ Dec 12 2015, 07:43 PM) *
It's a good job 3 teams will be progressing from most of the groups because England would be screwed otherwise! Definitely gonna lose to Wales & Russia I reckon...

You think?? I'm no fan of Hodgson, but he would really have to f*** up for us not to get through.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 12th December 2015, 08:05 PM
Post #5
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

I'd say Slovakia are quite dangerous too, what with their good record in qualifying. Not the easy group that would have looked 4 years ago, and actually quite a hard one. Wouldn't pick out a weakest team. But I'd still say we'd go through if only because we'd have to be woeful to not and as used to failure as we've gotten I don't think we'd be quite that bad.

Groups A and F look so EASY compared. I don't think Ireland have a hope of getting out of their group though, that looks the hardest out of all of them.

+Quote this post
ML Hammer95
post 12th December 2015, 08:51 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,265

Russia are overrated - they tanked at the World Cup just as bad as England did. Slovakia are an unknown quantity with a few recognisable players and Wales will be a 'derby' match which are always unpredictable. England should go through. At EURO 2012 we topped a group containing France, co-hosts Ukraine and a Sweden side we historically struggle against.

Group D looks tough. Croatia, Turkey and the Czechs have good pedigree and are skillful, technical teams but Spain are a cut above that. France have an easy group as do seemingly Portugal. However, Austria have their best team in a generation and are many people's dark-horses and Iceland have a good little team too.

Northern Ireland will struggle in Group C. Ukraine and Poland should perform better than four years ago in their home tournament and Germany are World Champions. Expect one heroic draw from the Northern Irish. The Republic have the toughest ask on paper however all isn't lost. Belgium are quality but can blow hot and cold. Italy have the history, but their least impressive team in years and Sweden are workmanlike and heavily reliant on Zlatan. If Ireland can keep it tight and counterattacking, they could easily progress.

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 13th December 2015, 02:00 AM
Post #7
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138

Big Jonny Walters will hunt them down!!

+Quote this post
Houdini
post 13th December 2015, 03:08 AM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,725

I have a feeling that France will win Euro 2016, it would certainly be fitting after everything that they as a country have gone through this year!

+Quote this post
ks7_
post 13th December 2015, 06:09 AM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 22,729

I find the group E the toughtest one. Each team in the group could be a stumbling block for their rivals. Belgium has grown a lot as a team in recent 2 years as well as Sweden is hard rival to beat with Zlatan on the team. Italy is also good team and have its class but Republic of Ireland could be a good surprise and show all their trump cards. Actually, speaking about Italy they have the bad experience to be in both opposite sides - plays good and lifts an important throphy or it gets kicked out of the competition early in the group stage (prove - WC'06 and WC'14).

I can't have predictions until it gets at least May but I can say which country won't likely win the competition and that's definitely Albania. I see it worst even than Romania.

This post has been edited by ks7_: 27th December 2015, 07:03 AM

+Quote this post
Soy Adrián
post 14th December 2015, 02:06 PM
Post #10
Group icon
I'm so lonely, I paid a hobo to spoon with me
User: 10,596

France's group is hilariously easy, both sides of Ireland's ridiculously hard. Ours is somewhere in the middle, although we have far more quality than any of the other three teams in there. Keep Bale quiet and we'll top the group.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 14th December 2015, 09:03 PM
Post #11
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915

Group A should be very comfortable for France and Switzerland there.

Group B is quite intriguing with England and Wales great to see a Anglo-Welsh battle there. Slovakia are a dark horse, I think. They did beat Spain in their group. Only a group that England could cock up.

Group C is gonna be tough for Northern Ireland though. Should be Germany top alongside Poland and Ukraine.

Group D looks hard compared on paper with dark horses with Croatia and Turkey and also Czech Republic. Can't call between the three of them for the minors. Spain to top.

Group E is "the group of death" where you make a case of at least 2 teams to top the group with Belgium and Italy. That'll be the highlight of the group when them two play. Could a repeat of 2012 for Rep of Ireland possibly.

Group F should be simple for Portugal although again they could mess it up. Austria look a threat, Hungary a unknown quality and Iceland are no pushovers

+Quote this post
mdh
post 21st December 2015, 12:16 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 22,776

England will characteristically screw up in the group stages, I think laugh.gif (although I'm not sure how we can)

Can see france going far, and I've also got a feeling about turkey - decent team.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 09:37 AM