BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
147 Pages V  « < 28 29 30 31 32 > »   
This thread is locked.Create a new thread
> The Tory lies and deceit thread
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Long Dong Silver
post 15th July 2018, 02:14 PM
Post #581
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

Yea, because the bad apples are going to flaunt their views to everyone rolleyes.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post 15th July 2018, 02:34 PM
Post #582
Group icon
Paul Hyett
User: 364

QUOTE(Queef of Skreech @ Jul 15 2018, 03:14 PM) *
Yea, because the bad apples are going to flaunt their views to everyone rolleyes.gif

Fair point - but sometimes unusual behaviour is itself a warning sign...

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 15th July 2018, 07:04 PM
Post #583
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376

QUOTE(vidcapper @ Jul 15 2018, 02:56 PM) *
That is something I will not do - I have no problem with law-abiding members of any group, minority or majority. But IMO it is in the self-interests of any group to weed out the bad apples amongst them.

So what religion are you? Only asking so I can ask you to start rooting out the bad apples next time it crops up that someone from your religion commits an atrocity, and while I'm at it using your analogy you should be slagging off the NRA for not being more proactive and rooting out their gun-toting mass-murdering members cos it gives them a bad image.....

after all, most of the mass murders in the USA are full-on NRA lovers. They belong to an organisation. That also applies to far-right lovers, why arent they rooting anf being proactive, say, about the man who shot the MP 3 years ago. You can't be selective in your arguments against only one religion and one group with members. I mean the NRA actually have names and addresses and all to help them identify the potentials, and frequently the murderers have been flagged up as problem people.

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post 16th July 2018, 05:47 AM
Post #584
Group icon
Paul Hyett

QUOTE(Popchartfreak @ Jul 15 2018, 08:04 PM) *
So what religion are you? Only asking so I can ask you to start rooting out the bad apples next time it crops up that someone from your religion commits an atrocity, and while I'm at it using your analogy you should be slagging off the NRA for not being more proactive and rooting out their gun-toting mass-murdering members cos it gives them a bad image.....

I have no religion - I am an atheist.

after all, most of the mass murders in the USA are full-on NRA lovers. They belong to an organisation. That also applies to far-right lovers, why arent they rooting anf being proactive, say, about the man who shot the MP 3 years ago. You can't be selective in your arguments against only one religion and one group with members. I mean the NRA actually have names and addresses and all to help them identify the potentials, and frequently the murderers have been flagged up as problem people.

The answer to this is simple - lots of those NRA members hold powerful positions in government, so can prevent any serious investigation.

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post 16th July 2018, 05:57 AM
Post #585
Group icon
Paul Hyett

Is this OTT?

Taxman will have 'shocking' new powers to raid bank accounts with NO warning as critics condemn the move as a breach of privacy

The HRMC is being given new powers to trawl bank accounts without the owners being told
A policy document reveals HMRC wants to be able to keep secret investigations into whether someone is paying the right amount of tax
Under existing rules, banks and other financial institutions, have to tell their customers about investigations

http://dailymail.co.uk/news/article-595693...NO-warning.html

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 16th July 2018, 08:18 AM
Post #586
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(vidcapper @ Jul 16 2018, 06:47 AM) *
I have no religion - I am an atheist.
The answer to this is simple - lots of those NRA members hold powerful positions in government, so can prevent any serious investigation.

So why aren't you reporting all those atheists in the community that commit crimes, I mean it's your fault that you aren't doing more.....?

You totally deliberately miss the point that your argument 100% totally applies to the NRA. If you want the moral right to slag off peaceful Muslims who have nothing to do with criminals for not doing more, then you 100% MUST slag off the NRA for not doing more when they actually KNOW who the suspect members are. What you said is an excuse for them not doing that, and avoiding the point that: that you personally are on dodgy ground saying one thing about one community and then not insisting another is guilty of not doing enough.

Selective.

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post 16th July 2018, 08:55 AM
Post #587
Group icon
Paul Hyett

QUOTE(Popchartfreak @ Jul 16 2018, 09:18 AM) *
So why aren't you reporting all those atheists in the community that commit crimes, I mean it's your fault that you aren't doing more.....?

Strawman - people don't have 'atheist' stamped on their foreheads.

You totally deliberately miss the point that your argument 100% totally applies to the NRA. If you want the moral right to slag off peaceful Muslims who have nothing to do with criminals for not doing more, then you 100% MUST slag off the NRA for not doing more when they actually KNOW who the suspect members are. What you said is an excuse for them not doing that, and avoiding the point that: that you personally are on dodgy ground saying one thing about one community and then not insisting another is guilty of not doing enough.

You must be a lawyer - you seem to delight in extending my analogies to cover something I never intended.

However, you don't seen to realise that merely being a better debater doesn't automatically mean you are right. There are plenty of guilty people walking free, just because they can afford top lawyers.

Getting back on topic, as I know you get terribly distressed when I digress heehee.gif - the NRA is American, so it has sod all to do with British politics, which is what I was discussing.

This post has been edited by vidcapper: 16th July 2018, 09:02 AM

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 16th July 2018, 03:45 PM
Post #588
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272

Tory MP Nadine Dorries (who may have said something sensible once - if so, it was probably a mistake) has tweeted to suggest that Steghen Yaxley-Lennon (aka Tommy Robinson) might be a good choice for Prime Minister.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 16th July 2018, 08:34 PM
Post #589
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(vidcapper @ Jul 16 2018, 09:55 AM) *
Strawman - people don't have 'atheist' stamped on their foreheads.
You must be a lawyer - you seem to delight in extending my analogies to cover something I never intended.

However, you don't seen to realise that merely being a better debater doesn't automatically mean you are right. There are plenty of guilty people walking free, just because they can afford top lawyers.

Getting back on topic, as I know you get terribly distressed when I digress heehee.gif - the NRA is American, so it has sod all to do with British politics, which is what I was discussing.

I'm not a lwayer, I'm just logical because I can't stand hypocrisy. Trying to change the subject again I see. Guess point taken then.

Don't give a f*** about your excuses for your selectivity. You condemn Muslims and not the NRA for the same "behaviour". Worse, you constantly argue in favour of the Russian-supported Right-wing gun-toting rednecks, and criticise law-abiding peaceful people for not doing the work of the police and MI5 MI6 and other special forces. Speaks volumes, you don't need to say anything, which is why I say it for you.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 16th July 2018, 08:36 PM
Post #590
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ Jul 16 2018, 04:45 PM) *
Tory MP Nadine Dorries (who may have said something sensible once - if so, it was probably a mistake) has tweeted to suggest that Steghen Yaxley-Lennon (aka Tommy Robinson) might be a good choice for Prime Minister.

Yes, if anyone doubts how extreme she is, she is bigging up virtual Far Right groups. She should just leave the Tory Party and piss off and join the BNP or UKIP.

+Quote this post
Brett-Butler
post 16th July 2018, 08:51 PM
Post #591
Group icon
Howdy, disco citizens
User: 10,455

QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ Jul 16 2018, 04:45 PM) *

She has since clarified her original Tweet to say that she was not endorsing that not-very-nice fellow who stole my mate's name, saying that "My point being that if people remain angry with the establishment, as happened in America, we could end up with a truly reprehensible and frightening prospect as a future PM." I would disagree with her assertion (there's laws against people incarcerated being MPs, let alone PM), but it seems incorrect to say she was endorsing him.

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post 17th July 2018, 06:11 AM
Post #592
Group icon
Paul Hyett

QUOTE(Popchartfreak @ Jul 16 2018, 09:34 PM) *
I'm not a lwayer, I'm just logical because I can't stand hypocrisy. Trying to change the subject again I see. Guess point taken then.

I hope that didn't distress you too much. rolleyes.gif

Don't give a f*** about your excuses for your selectivity. You condemn Muslims and not the NRA for the same "behaviour". Worse, you constantly argue in favour of the Russian-supported Right-wing gun-toting rednecks
You do remember that the RKBA was enshrined in the US Constitution long before Putin was around...

and criticise law-abiding peaceful people for not doing the work of the police and MI5 MI6 and other special forces. Speaks volumes, you don't need to say anything, which is why I say it for you.

Be careful to distinguish between what I've *actually* said, and what you claim to read between the lines, though...

QUOTE(Popchartfreak @ Jul 16 2018, 09:36 PM) *
Yes, if anyone doubts how extreme she is, she is bigging up virtual Far Right groups. She should just leave the Tory Party and piss off and join the BNP or UKIP.

The UKIP is not a Far Right group - it is merely a Right-wing group with a small proportion of extremist members, otherwise you could call Labour a 'far-right' group, just because they have a few anti-semites...

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 17th July 2018, 06:58 AM
Post #593
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(vidcapper @ Jul 17 2018, 07:11 AM) *
I hope that didn't distress you too much. rolleyes.gif

You do remember that the RKBA was enshrined in the US Constitution long before Putin was around...
Be careful to distinguish between what I've *actually* said, and what you claim to read between the lines, though...
The UKIP is not a Far Right group - it is merely a Right-wing group with a small proportion of extremist members, otherwise you could call Labour a 'far-right' group, just because they have a few anti-semites...

1. Not at all. I'm busy dealing with life and death issues in real life. Quite happy to spend a few seconds of my life calling you out.

2. Irrelevant. Making excuses again.

3. You said Muslims should do more to catch terrorists.

4. Farage IS UKIP, it's died without him. He supports the Far Right everywhere he can.

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post 17th July 2018, 07:02 AM
Post #594
Group icon
Paul Hyett

QUOTE(Popchartfreak @ Jul 17 2018, 07:58 AM) *
3. You said Muslims should do more to catch terrorists.

And law-abiding gun-owners should report any gun-nuts amongst them - how is that inconsistent?

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 17th July 2018, 11:47 AM
Post #595
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(vidcapper @ Jul 17 2018, 08:02 AM) *
And law-abiding gun-owners should report any gun-nuts amongst them - how is that inconsistent?

Where, exactly, have you said that before? Consistency is all I want, so well done, now I can refer back to that and we are in agreement...

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post 17th July 2018, 01:25 PM
Post #596
Group icon
Paul Hyett

QUOTE(Popchartfreak @ Jul 17 2018, 12:47 PM) *
Where, exactly, have you said that before? Consistency is all I want, so well done, now I can refer back to that and we are in agreement...

It's yet another occasion when I've had to specifically state a position to clear a misconception about me.

+Quote this post
Doctor Blind
post 17th July 2018, 07:56 PM
Post #597
Group icon
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
User: 7,561

QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ May 4 2018, 08:53 PM) *
It seems that the Tories broke a pairing arrangement* in order to be sure of winning this vote, I won't say they cannot sink any lower because I'm sure they'd prove me wrong.

*Pairing arrangement - when an MP is unable to attend a vote (through illness, being away on parliamentary business or even campaigning in local election, for example) it is standard practice to come to an arrangement with an MP on the other side to stay away as well. It is not a binding agreement, but it is more or less unprecedented (I can't think of a precedent) for a government to break an agreement on such a massive scale.

They've done this again this evening according to Jo Swinson.

https://twitter.com/joswinson/status/1019298949344219137

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 17th July 2018, 08:06 PM
Post #598
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Doctor Blind @ Jul 17 2018, 08:56 PM) *
They've done this again this evening according to Jo Swinson.

https://twitter.com/joswinson/status/1019298949344219137

Just when you thought this lot couldn't get any more contemptible,...

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 17th July 2018, 10:19 PM
Post #599
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

The Tory whips office is now claiming that the MP concerned (Brandon Lewis) was asked to vote in error. There is no mention of whether Lewis gently reminded the whip that he was paired. I think we can draw our own conclusion from that.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 18th July 2018, 05:15 PM
Post #600
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

They really are shameless

+Quote this post

147 Pages V  « < 28 29 30 31 32 > »