BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
15 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Poll - Favourite Eastenders characters, Results
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
vibe
post 4th July 2020, 10:49 AM
Post #81
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,763

I hated Christian well the actor in real life . Came across as a right prick.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Lukuzz
post 4th July 2020, 11:12 AM
Post #82
Group icon
Paradise With Ice Cream Skies♥
User: 1,209

Yeah I hate him in real life but I quite liked his character hence my 6 points

+Quote this post
Slick
post 4th July 2020, 11:45 AM
Post #83
Group icon
electric butterflies
Pronouns: he/him
User: 70

POPPY MEADOWS?

+Quote this post
King Rollo
post 4th July 2020, 11:49 AM
Post #84
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 23,961

I had forgotten about her myself but I like to see random minor characters appearing at this stage.

+Quote this post
Slick
post 4th July 2020, 11:50 AM
Post #85
Group icon
electric butterflies

I thought she was "cute" but there's no way she should be above Mick, Alfie and Michael (to name just a few.)

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 4th July 2020, 05:00 PM
Post #86
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

Poppy was good, I thought they were right to bring her back after axing her, it's nice to some light relief characters mixed in,

+Quote this post
Cameron
post 4th July 2020, 07:01 PM
Post #87
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061

Soz, I loved Poppy. She was prominent during the period I watched EE religiously. Iconic for the name alone.

If people wanted Mick and Alfie higher, then they should have ranked them higher. heart.gif There is no set list for votes laugh.gif.

+Quote this post
King Rollo
post 4th July 2020, 08:09 PM
Post #88
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

80. Steve Owen

Slick 7 points

Steve Owen was played by Martin Kemp and first appeared onscreen from 28 December 1998 and remained in the series until 1 March 2002. Introduced by series producer Matthew Robinson, the character was a shady businessman who originally came into Albert Square to buy the local Market Cellar club – which he then renovated and later renamed the E20. He soon became one of the show's primary villains when the character's first major storyline saw Steve murder his old flame Saskia Duncan during the opening night of his E20 nightclub on Valentine's Day 1999, after which he ended up framing his DJ employee Matthew Rose for the crime. The eventual episode in which Matthew enacted revenge on Steve drew in outstanding viewing figures and brought a storyline that had gripped the nation to a close.

In 2001, the character was involved in one of the show's greatest and most memorable storylines when Steve became a prime suspect in "Who Shot Phil?". The epic whodunit scenario began with Steve marrying Mel on the day of Phil's shooting and ultimately concluded with Dan Sullivan kidnapping Mel for ransom against both Steve and Phil, after the pair had worked together to implicate Dan behind the shooting – even though the culprit was earlier revealed to be Phil's ex-girlfriend and Mel's closest companion Lisa Shaw. Martin Kemp soon quit the series after his contract to the show had expired, and his final scenes were aired on 1 March 2002 – the first anniversary of both Steve's wedding and Phil's shooting. In that episode, Steve made a last-ditch attempt to settle his score with Phil by fleeing the country and starting anew to America with Lisa's infant daughter Louise – which triggered a fierce car chase between the two archenemies that ended with Steve being killed after he crashed his car and consequently died in a vehicle explosion, though not before he helped Phil save Louise in his last moments.

This post has been edited by King Rollo: 28th July 2020, 03:53 PM

+Quote this post
King Rollo
post 4th July 2020, 08:19 PM
Post #89
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

79. Libby Fox

Hide&Seek 7 points

Libby Fox (initially known as "Squiggle") is played by Belinda Owusu. She made her first appearance on 22 May 2006 and left in 2010. She is the daughter of Denise and Owen Turner, and half-sister of Chelsea Fox. The Fox family were introduced by executive producer Kate Harwood. The character of Libby was featured in a prominent storyline in 2006, when Owen attempts to murder her. The character then cultivates a relationship with her peer Darren Miller. She is portrayed as intelligent and competitive. The character was axed in April 2010 and her departure episode was broadcast on 5 August 2010. Libby returned in April 2014 as part of the beginning of the Who Killed Lucy Beale? storyline. Since then she has continued to make various guest appearances.

This post has been edited by King Rollo: 28th July 2020, 03:55 PM

+Quote this post
King Rollo
post 4th July 2020, 08:33 PM
Post #90
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

78. Martin Fowler

Cameron 7 points

In the first episode, it is revealed that Pauline Fowler, aged 40, is pregnant with her third child. Her pregnancy quickly became a prominent storyline within the series. Pauline, against her mother Lou Beale's opposition, is determined to keep the baby. The storyline was used to spread a public message on the increased risk of genetic defects in late pregnancies, with Pauline undergoing amniocentesis tests. The storyline culminates with the birth of the serial's first baby, Martin, in August 1985.

Martin Fowler was played by Jon Peyton-Price from the character's introduction in 1985 until 1996, and by James Alexandrou from 1996 until 2007. When Alexandrou took over the role, the character was seen more regularly and was featured in prominent storylines such as sleeping with his neighbour Sonia Jackson and getting her pregnant with their daughter Bex; accidentally killing his friend Jamie Mitchell after running him over in his car, which results in Martin being imprisoned for Jamie's death and subsequently feuding with the latter's godfather Phil; enduring a problematic marriage with Sonia after their wedding; and coping with the deaths of both his brother Mark and their mother Pauline. Alexandrou quit the role in 2006, and Martin departed on 2 February 2007.

In October 2014, it was announced that series producer Dominic Treadwell-Collins decided to reintroduce Martin, with the role being recast to James Bye and Martin returned on 5 December 2014. Since his return, Martin has divorced Sonia; married Stacey Branning; finding out that Stacey's baby Arthur is actually the son of his best friend Kush Kazemi; surviving a bus crash; a brief stint in prison for assaulting a police officer, the premature birth of his daughter Hope Fowler; briefly separating with Stacey after discovering her one-night stand with her former father-in-law Max Branning; feuding with Stacey's cousin Kat Moon and his friend Kush over the custody of Arthur; dealing with Bex's disappearance and attempted suicide; being blackmailed by Ben Mitchell into committing crimes for him, ending his marriage to Stacey in attempts to protect her and their children against the death threats made towards them by Ben, a one-night stand with Stacey's best friend Ruby Allen, descending into crime, being involved in a hit-and-run accident, kidnapping Keanu Taylor and faking his death with Linda Carter and also briefly reuniting with his ex-wife Sonia.

This post has been edited by King Rollo: 28th July 2020, 03:58 PM

+Quote this post
King Rollo
post 4th July 2020, 08:42 PM
Post #91
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

77. Kush Kazemi

Cameron 8 points

Khoroush "Kush" Kazemi, played by Davood Ghadami, made his first appearance on 20 October 2014. He is a friend of Martin Fowler. The character and casting were announced on 19 August 2014, when it was said the character was a "good guy" who is "funny and full of energy". He is said to have a "brash exterior" underneath which hides "a tragic past that he is keen to escape from". Ghadami said of his casting, "I'm so excited to be joining the cast of EastEnders as I've been a fan of the show for as long as I can remember."

This post has been edited by King Rollo: 28th July 2020, 04:00 PM

+Quote this post
Slick
post 4th July 2020, 10:21 PM
Post #92
Group icon
electric butterflies

QUOTE(Cameron @ Jul 4 2020, 08:01 PM) *
Soz, I loved Poppy. She was prominent during the period I watched EE religiously. Iconic for the name alone.

If people wanted Mick and Alfie higher, then they should have ranked them higher. heart.gif There is no set list for votes laugh.gif.

Lol don't take it too seriously hun. Poppy is just a bit basic.

+Quote this post
Slick
post 4th July 2020, 10:23 PM
Post #93
Group icon
electric butterflies

LIBBY? I don't think the people that voted for this actually watch Eastenders laugh.gif

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 5th July 2020, 07:27 AM
Post #94
Group icon
User: 13,007

Libby was insufferable as a character but I'm lowkey screaming that she's higher than some of the big icons of the show on this rotf.gif

+Quote this post
Cameron
post 5th July 2020, 11:22 AM
Post #95
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061

QUOTE(Slick @ Jul 4 2020, 11:21 PM) *
Lol don't take it too seriously hun. Poppy is just a bit basic.

We do love a basic bitch laugh.gif

+Quote this post
vibe
post 5th July 2020, 11:48 AM
Post #96
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,763

Steve deserves more points !!!

+Quote this post
Lukuzz
post 5th July 2020, 12:41 PM
Post #97
Group icon
Paradise With Ice Cream Skies♥
User: 1,209

The actor who plays Kush is fit. Don't know much about his character though

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 5th July 2020, 02:36 PM
Post #98
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

I was never a Libby fan, she annoyed me, kush i like but nothing memorable, Martin im tired of and his stroyline with ben was nothing short of awful. Steve Owen was ok but saskia who he killed had some great scenes.

+Quote this post
King Rollo
post 5th July 2020, 05:50 PM
Post #99
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

76. Amira Masood

Cameron 9 points

Amira Masood was played by Preeya Kalidas. The girlfriend, and later wife, of Syed Masood, Amira first appeared on screen in the episode broadcast on 7 May 2009. The character was described as high maintenance, lonely and insecure. Amira and Syed's wedding on 1 January 2010 was watched by an average of 11.64 million viewers. Kalidas quit the show in January 2010 to concentrate on a career in music, filming her final scenes in March. Her final episode was broadcast on 26 April, after Amira discovered that her husband was gay and had been having an affair with Christian Clarke.

Amira returns in 2011 with daughter Yasmin, of whom Syed is the father. She eventually gives up on trying to win Syed back, and after he and Christian offer to buy her out of the business, Amira makes her exit. However, she leaves her daughter, Yasmin, behind. Amira departed on 8 March 2012.

This post has been edited by King Rollo: 28th July 2020, 04:02 PM

+Quote this post
Slick
post 5th July 2020, 05:51 PM
Post #100
Group icon
electric butterflies

Another very forgettable character.