BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Results: Movie Forum Song Contest II • BLOCKBUSTERS, Starting soon
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
uhsting
post 18th September 2021, 09:15 PM
Post #41
Group icon
CROWN THE WITCH
Pronouns: he/they
User: 77,363

Thanks Wardy for the presentation! It has been a fun contest and glad my mistake actually converted into a good decision in the end, and it finished 7th! cheer.gif Can't ask more than that. Congratulations to Haus with Yellow Flicker Beat! It's probably amongst the best song of Lorde for me. Sky On Fire is a great discovery for me and glad it finished 2nd!

Bring on UP results soon
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Jade
post 18th September 2021, 09:18 PM
Post #42
Group icon
I was waitin' in the garden
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

Congrats Bal cheer.gif I adore 'Yellow Flicker Beat' and was sad that it never cracked the U.K. top 40. The whole accompanying soundtrack is stellar, really.

Thank you for the 'Mindfields' votes! One of many bangers on 'The Fat of The Land'. Happy enough with that result when it was languishing near the bottom for a while.

Cheers for your hosting Wardy! Great job happy.gif

+Quote this post
King Rollo
post 18th September 2021, 09:21 PM
Post #43
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 23,961

Handsome Poets would have been a much more worthy winner but congratulations to Haus on winning the contest.

I'm pleased that I didn't finish bottom. Thanks to all those who gave a steady trickle of low point scores to The Move.

And thanks to Wardy for doing such a good job as host.

+Quote this post
Ansel
post 18th September 2021, 09:25 PM
Post #44
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
Pronouns: he/him
User: 106,739

The best song won! You can never go wrong with Lorde, congrats Haus :)
V happy with 6th, I think that's an improvement on last time for me? Thanks to everyone who voted for Wolf Alice and great job Wardy too for hosting!

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 18th September 2021, 09:34 PM
Post #45
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Thank you so much Wardy! Results was a lot of fun to follow and I'm amazed I finished 2nd cry.gif Thanks to everyone who voted and I'm glad to see this song finally receive some recognition due to it cruelly DNQ'ing in BJSC </3

Congrats to Bal (even if (shock horror) Lorde wasn't my thing). Looking forward to a 3rd installment at some point. But probably won't be for a few months tongue.gif

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 18th September 2021, 09:35 PM
Post #46
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Also, y'all did Anna dirty 😡

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 18th September 2021, 09:53 PM
Post #47
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

great hosting Wardy & congrats!

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 18th September 2021, 10:55 PM
Post #48
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

Interestingly enough, I heard In Time on Mr. Robot rather than Bill and Ted at first, and learned of the film connection later, either way it's a wonderfully inspiring slice of 80s cheese for a great cheesy film. Thanks for all the votes, that's better than my performance last time as far as I know so that's a win x

Bit of an obvious winner, but a great song nonetheless. Congrats to Bal, the rest of the top 5 were all great choices too.

Thanks for the great hosting, Wardy!

+Quote this post
awardinary
post 18th September 2021, 11:26 PM
Post #49
Group icon
Here to play, here to stay
User: 21,587

Here is what the stats show about participants and results to date (of the two contests run so far)

Ansel [8-6]
awardinary [1-10]
Bjork [X-5]
Bré [21-17]
Cameron [7-3]
Chez Wombat [19-12]
dandy* [X-18]
Dill Doe [20-X]
Ghosty [16-X]
HausofWillow [4-1]
Iz [5-14]
J00prstar [3-9]
Jacob [17-X]
Jade [13-11]
Josh! [6-X]
King Rollo [X-16]
Leonardo [2-X]
Nightcrawler [18-8]
Qween [14-13]
Tafty³³³ [9-2]
Travis [12-X]
uhsting [11-7]
UltraSour4U [10-15]
WhoOdyssey [15-4]

So congratulations goes to Ansel, Bré, Cameron, Chez Wombat, HausofWillow, Jade, Nightcrawler, Qween, Tafty³³³, uhsting and WhoOdyssey for getting their best result to date! cheer.gif

+Quote this post
Qween
post 18th September 2021, 11:36 PM
Post #50
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709

It’s an improvement…

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 19th September 2021, 12:21 AM
Post #51
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

Evangelion (the concept of the rebuilds, not just the TV series) is more well-known than some movies on this list!! (in my 'take a random person who is not necessarily a big anime fan off the internet test' at least, you don't get to 4th highest grossing film in Japan in 2007 for nothing mad.gif and also are water-cooler moments where people are continually arguing about the decisions of the rebuilds for nigh on 13 years and/or asking if you've seen the new rebuild, I'm surprised I haven't been spoiled on 3.0+1.0 yet)

Thanks for the votes, everyone who did, I thought it was going pretty good at the start but it tailed off a bit. On the other songs in this contest, 21 Savage and Battle Cry were particularly nice surprises, 'In Time' was the one that felt most like 'a movie song' in that even without seeing the movie I could imagine where it was being performed within it, good winner, 'Yellow Flicker Beat' is a cool song.

+Quote this post
Brer
post 19th September 2021, 12:22 AM
Post #52
Group icon
stick my flag in the dirt, watch it blow
User: 8,300

Going from last to 2nd from last cheeseblock.png

Congrats Bal ya cheap hoe xx (great song obviously though)

Handsome Poets coming so close to winning is interesting considering the very same song was sent to BJSC a few years ago where it finished 2nd from last in its semi-final, notably 1 place below this classic:

laugh.gif I did think it deserved to do a little better than that but still would not have called it finishing as high as 2nd here! (a perfectly decent indie pop track, was just outside of my votes).

edit: I see Jonjo was aware of it having previously DNQed in BJSC! Good call bringing it back for a second chance here then.

(also thanks Wardy for hosting ofc! this was a pretty solid set of songs, only a couple that I didn't like which you can probably guess if you know my taste. and thanks to Bjork and Jade for the last handful of points for 'Spiral' x)

+Quote this post
Bjork
post 19th September 2021, 08:07 AM
Post #53
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 22,665

thanks for hosting and organizing, I wasn't expecting the Eurovision-esque reveal biggrin.gif

Lorde is of course a great winner, glad Alanis ended up top 5 with Uninvited, such a lost classic
I had completely forgotten Freemasons did that silly dance cover biggrin.gif

My top 2 favourites were Husavik and Lorde. Also love Life is a Highway but it wasn't written specifically for that movie, so that prevented it from getting top scores for me... same with the Prodigy

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 19th September 2021, 09:22 AM
Post #54
Group icon
User: 13,007

ohmy.gif

Very happy with that naturally! All in all it was a great contest with such a range of choices. I am happy to host the next edition whenever that may be. As a huge movie fan I will have to get thinking about a theme thinking.gif

Amazing hosting Wardy, you made it look easy! Congrats to the others getting personal bests too dance.gif

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 19th September 2021, 01:16 PM
Post #55
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54

Sorry I forgot to vote Wardy sad.gif

A bit of a disaster all round with my non voting and poor Aimee finishing last. I chose Wise Up as, despite it being far from my favourite Aimee song, it's the only time a film has ever introduced me to an artist that I then went on to absolutely stan. Aimee does pretty much all of the songs on Magnolia and the director said her previous work was a huge inspiration for him, indeed the "video" was actually how the song is used in the film itself with the characters all finding themselves listening to the same song at the same time in different storylines. Given it led to me obsessing over her as an artist, it seemed an appropriate choice to send for me wub.gif

+Quote this post
awardinary
post 16th March 2022, 10:57 AM
Post #56
Group icon
Here to play, here to stay
User: 21,587

QUOTE(HausofWillow @ Sep 19 2021, 09:22 AM) *
I am happy to host the next edition whenever that may be. As a huge movie fan I will have to get thinking about a theme thinking.gif

How about having another one of these contests in soon, I think Club Bizarre will happen in April, and there’s no suggestion of the Pop Forum Song contest returning anytime soon. sad.gif

+Quote this post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 8th June 2024, 05:59 AM